Live: Nintendo Direct E3 Conference Finished

Happy Nintendo day! Now the shouting's done between Microsoft and Sony - with a little chorus on either side supplied by Ubisoft and EA - it's time to sink back and enjoy the relatively mellow charms of Nintendo's E3 slate. There's no conference this year, though the Nintendo Direct that's kicking off at 3pm BST this afternoon is pretty much a like for like replacement.

What will its stance on DRM and used games be? Oh wait, we already know that. As we do what it's likely to show, with a new 3D Mario and Mario Kart slated to make an appearance, as well as the first trailer for the new Smash Bros. game.

Beyond that, there's some hope that we'll see Bayonetta 2 in action, and a somewhat slimmer chance that Nintendo finally reveals what Retro Studios has been working on these past few years. Can we expect a Wii U price-cut as well, and are there any surprises in store for the Nintendo 3DS? The EG team will be taking you through the show from 3pm BST, so join us for reasoned commentary and a few overexcited yelps.

Latest comments (652)

• majaha05 10 months ago

William. although Sarah`s comment is super, last monday I got themselves a Bugatti Veyron after having made $6244 this-past/4 weeks and even more than $10k lass month. it's certainly the easiest job I have ever done. I started this three months/ago and practically straight away made myself more than $71... p/h. I follow the instructions here, Detail Here
  • Uncompetative 10 months ago

Rich. Colourful. Sexy. Fun.

All presented by the most polite suit ever.

The Japanese deserve to win this generation.
  • memeroot 10 months ago

@iamnormal

I also have a olympus eyetreck from years back :-)
  • darkreactor 10 months ago

Wish I didn't watch this, I might have to buy a Wii U now to tide me over until the PS4 comes out. argggg Damn you nintendo
  • iamnormal 10 months ago

@memeroot - you have an Oculus Rift? That just seems unlikely.
  • iamnormal 10 months ago

It just feels so much like the days of the dreamcast.
  • iamnormal 10 months ago

Oh Nintendo. You poor old bean.
  • memeroot 10 months ago

i have an occulus rift... as well as a wii u

not realy living in the past

I just think 350 is to much for a console.

@memeroot

You are living in the past. Get with the times or you will be forgotten. People buy iPads every year for £400-500 sight unseen. Similar passionate gamers will do the same for brand new consoles with decade lifespans. In the grand scheme of things £349-429 are not that bad.
  • memeroot 10 months ago

ninty recognise that a console is a console and should be cheap

150 quid!

not 400 quid (or even 350)

just give me the games
  • memeroot 10 months ago

and
    5-Gaming-PC-Computer-4Ghz-Quad-C
    ore-4Gb-DDR3-2x-1TB-GTX-560-Win-
    7-/251262880044?pt=UK_Computing_
    DesktopPCs&hash=item3a806f492c

is better than a ps4
  • memeroot 10 months ago

reading through the comments....

I'm clearly on the wrong website
  • SpaceMonkey77 10 months ago

Don't make excuses for them. Big N made their own bed with Wii U. They could have afforded a stronger system that would attract more support, but saving a pretty penny was more important to them.

Its pretty simple. Gaming is not a charity, its a business. If a company can't put their dukes up to attract customers, they need to reassess their business. This counts for MS as much as Nintendo.

MS issues with Xbox will be their anvil weighing them down against Sony, so may change.
  • memeroot 10 months ago

oh and bayonetta 2

just take my money

(and thanks for the frontal shot)
  • memeroot 10 months ago

I want to play these games more than anything else Ive seen

presentation was genius also :)
  • Pandy 10 months ago

Also, at least Nintendo SHOWED SOME ACTUAL GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE!!! Which was nice.
  • Pandy 10 months ago

Mario Kart 8 and X were the highlights for me. They looked like games that'll quite happily sit alongside the next-gen stuff on other consoles (read PS4). I look forward to seeing what the talented Miiverse people can do with those impressive looking drawing tools. Otherwise, a bit of a wash out. Don't forget though that Nintendo kept its best goodies for TGS last year, so we'll likely get more new announcements then.
  • Deionarra 10 months ago

Derp indeed. X looks pretty sweet though. I might get a Wii U in a few years time when it's ?149,- or less. It might have a few other interesting titles by then - and then the kids can knock themselves out with Mario and Donkey Kong.
  • hopelesswriter 10 months ago

So disappointing - really regretting picking up the Wii U at launch...
  • electrolite 10 months ago

Still a more likely purchase for me than the new XBox though, so it's not all bad!
  • MickleMackle 10 months ago

man i have no idea why im seeing all these comments about boring yawn give us something new, i have never been so excited in my life! Pikmin ive been craving for years, same with pokemon and zelda, i love what their doing with donkey kong, Ive never understood this idea that Nintendo has to compete with Sony or Microsoft, nintendo games have always been a completely different experience than xbox/playstation, theyre not supposed to be the same as them! and i love all 3!
  • electrolite 10 months ago

(runs in the door)

"right, I've been in work all day, what did I miss?"

(starts clicking)

"I'm not going to early adopt with Sony or MS, so I'm really interested in a Wii U purchase if the games coming out this year are exciting"

(looks confused)
    (clicks)
    (click click click)

"That can't be it? Where's the rest of it?"

"Oh"
  • Sid-Nice 10 months ago

@Rodriguez
    I was thinking of holding off buying the PS4 until 2014 as there wasn't much in the launch line-up that tickled my fancy. This is "One hell of a drought Nintendo" I might start a campaign to save the Wii U; I?m busy composing the song as I type.

It?s Christmas time
    There?s still no games for the Wii U
    At Christmas time
    When you?re twiddling you?re thumbs with fuck all to do
    And in our world of consoles we can spread a smile joy
    Develop some Wii U games this Christmas time
    But say a prayer pray for the other ones
    At Christmas time on the PS4 and Xbox One they will be having fun
    There?s a kid outside your window and it?s a kid that got a Wii U
    Where they only new game for his console came out in 2002
    And the only bells ringing with this game will be messages from Tingle
    Well tonight thank God it?s them instead of you
    And there won?t be games on the Wii U this Christmas time
    The greatest game they?ll get this year is Mario oh, oh, oh
    Where nothing will ever change same old IP?s same old games
    Do they know the Wii U exist at all?
    Here?s to you create a game for the Wii U
    Here?s to gamer?s with fuck all to do
    Do they know that Wii U exits at all?
    Chorus: Feed the Wii U let them know that it plays games
  • trebellk 10 months ago

very very boring but still beats ms by virtue of not screwing consumers rights.
  • chriscourtois 10 months ago

Mario, more Mario and an old Zelda game. Sigh... where's your courage gone, Nintendo?!
  • Resurrected-X460 10 months ago

Even though I'm defo getting a ps4, but I wish the best for nintendo! A really great company, and if it wasn't for them we wouldn't have been here in gaming. they've transformed gaming into a culture. The only thing about them that I don't like is their policy with limiting demos and their super decisions as of late.
  • orle 10 months ago

I thought it was great and I thoroughly enjoyed it, I'm also very excited now.
  • feeg86 10 months ago

Christ, it's like living the same year over and over with Nintendo.
  • SpaceMonkey77 10 months ago

Star Fox V, 1080 Snowsports, a new Waverace. a new F Zero, new Pilotwings or Stunt Race 2 and some new brand spanking original games.

It seems Wonderful 101 is as original as we get. That's sad.

@laughs at fightma5b2

Really, you'd rather have system on dying legs that a new one to last another decade. Okay, next!
  • frazzl 10 months ago

Rayman Legends is multi-platform and I have never liked the Pikmin games. It's been less than a year since Mario was released when the Wii U launched and we don't need another one so soon. Sonic does look nice though and I will be picking it up. But in my opinion there's far too little out there for the Wii U especially in terms of exclusives. Why would I buy a multi-platform on the Wii U when I can get it for my 360 and play it with my controller of choice?
  • fightman5b2 10 months ago

Wii U may well be shite, but id still have one over Xbone any day of the week.
  • seeyoshirun 10 months ago

@frazzl Oh. Yay. It's you again. I'm assuming you don't like playing video games with people. I'm getting Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, Mario, DK, 101 and Sonic before the end of the year, plus a number of interesting-looking indie games, by the look of things. Nearly all of them support what looks to be some really awesome local multi, which is one of the most important things to me by far.
  • SBandy 10 months ago

I really, really wanted Starfox. Just hope Nintendo have a surprise or two in store.
  • deported 10 months ago

youtube watch?v=nLgiSuosdNU
  • frazzl 10 months ago

@seeyoshirun What exactly should we be happy about. Nintendo have only announced 3 (or 4) titles to be released this year in this presentation: a remake of a 10 year old game, another Mario (there've been too many released in the last few years), another DK Country title and Wonderful 101. Couple that with lack luster third party support and it's no wonder people are dsappointed.
  • telboy007 10 months ago

Not enough FPSes
  • Mr-Writer 10 months ago

WiiU

*cringe
  • seeyoshirun 10 months ago

Am I the only person on EG who was actually happy with that? Maybe I'm the only one who likes playing video games with other people. In the same room.

The one thing I wasn't thrilled with was Wind Waker HD, although if they *do* include the lost dungeons that would completely change my mind.

But seriously, what exactly did you people want from them? They had a few curveballs in with the titles they know will sell systems - people have been calling for Mario/Smash/etc. for ages.
  • Rhaegyr 10 months ago

DamDai and Cobalt - who are you trying to convince here?
  • Cobalt_Jackal 10 months ago

Same old shit year after year....Its the Nintendo way.
  • TheEarlOfZinger 10 months ago

Mario/mariokart/zelda/smash bros/Donkey Kong

It's the same old shit year after year.
  • Mikeeeboy1 10 months ago

At least kiss me before you fuck me Nintendo!
    How utterly underwhelming and poor that was.
    Now I'm stuck with a paper weight for another six months until you release some more games.
    Nevermind bowing to me for my patience you should be down on your knees blowing me for your monumental fuck up that is Wii U!?!?
  • frazzl 10 months ago

It worked for them last time and they foolishly thought it would work again. Once bitten, twice shy ;)
  • Kami 10 months ago

Whole thing was lazy and sloppy really, very unlike Nintendo. Perhaps this Direct thing isn't a good idea, because if it encourages this level of sedate information drip-feeding, then it's only going to frustrate more than it appeases...
  • SpaceMonkey77 10 months ago

Its true what some say which is that much of the true original games we used to get from Nintendo, now come from indie devs. They are brave enough to try new things and gamble on them, when not rich in money. Shocking to see Nintendo don't seem to care anymore. Pretty soon they might well be like Sega, pushing out Sonic on his wheelchair every now and then to sell (Sonic Lost World does look good mind, a shame it and Bayonetta are only on Wii U though.

Skip to 38:45
  • Pacman8MyGhostkart 10 months ago

If you go to the link below of Nintendo's stream it has a brief booth walkthrough at the end.

You can see the full title of the sequel to A Link to the Past; it is called "The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds".

Also the new Yoshi's Island is called "Yoshi's New Island".

3D1I5s236o
  • albo 10 months ago

As a wii u owner that was underwhelming... especially given what we saw at yesterday's conferences
  • Cobalt_Jackal 10 months ago

@DamDai they exist by playing on the nostalgia of old timers/man children and appealing to little kids.
  • Mister-Wario 10 months ago

@Keresky I don't even think that it's the hardware: look at what they accomplished with Super Mario Galaxy. It just seems to be a mindset that the game designs of the 80s are the only ones worth preserving. Why is it so important that we get have a return to SMB 2? Why is it so important to have more linear Mario games?
  • Rhaegyr 10 months ago

wow, a lot of hate on Nintendo here, some need to simmer down
  • peasoup 10 months ago

Nintendo seem so apprehensive now days, unwilling to move away from key franchises. In this world of identikit fps we need Nintendo to be bold....makes me sad
  • Keresky 10 months ago

@kinky_mong No need for valium. This stream was sleep-inducing enough already.
  • Keresky 10 months ago

@simsini I'd rather have wall-to-wall grey textures than yet another goddamned Mario Kart. But given the half-assed hardware they have to work with, I guess you can't blame Nintendo for just re-heating the same old crap.
  • Cobalt_Jackal 10 months ago

Sony's reaction to Nintndo's E3 Direct Conference...

• neoturfmaster 10 months ago

Maybe I'll just dig out my SNES for xmas this year. No DRM! Healthy second hand market! Actual games available for purchase in 2013! *sigh*
  • simsini 10 months ago

All games seem to be competing to be darker (in colour as well as gameplay) than they were before. Nintendo are the only ones being different, by being the same.
  • simsini 10 months ago

I found it exicting to see some games being made that don't just feature various levels of grey textures.
  • albo 10 months ago

New trailer and name for zelda 3DS EG, cant beleive thsi wasn't in the direct : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q
    AluniNRibs
  • Mister-Wario 10 months ago

@simsini That's alright :)
  • frazzl 10 months ago

@Damdai I am not disagreeing with you. I am disappointed as well. The 2 titles that interest me the most (Bayonetta 2 and the Monolith RPG) are due next year and have been shown before. I haven't bought a game for my Wii U since getting Mario and Zombie U at launch. It looks like I'll be adding Wind Waker (which I have already finished on the GC) and another Mario this year. Which sucks to be honest.

@Lince

Sorry dude, that's no excuse. They sit on billions of yen. They could by studios and get a wider selection of games, but they are addicted to looking at their high bank balance.

If they like money and hate risk, might be a time to leave home consoles alone.
  • pooKy1979 10 months ago

This makes me so sad. It's like they've just given up. Where was Metroid, F-Zero ANYTHING!! C'mon guys. :-(
  • Apaar 10 months ago

Nintendo has utterly wasted their year long head start. They really should have convinced today. Established a killer lineup for next fall, introduced a slew of killer apps to combat the PS4 (I'm not even counting the Bone anymore). But no.
  • Cobalt_Jackal 10 months ago

Sony do what NintenDON'T...
  • Irvyne 10 months ago

(sigh)
    Wildly disappointed. My stream skipped, and when it returned and I was watching footage of the new Mario, I thought, "Oh, okay. A new 3DS game. We didn't need ANOTHER Mario game, but oh well, looks pretty cool."
    When I found out it was actually the WiiU Mario, I saw red.
    I'm sure it will be fun, as will the new Donkey Kong, but WHERE'S THE NEW STUFF?? Smash Bros. looks exactly the same. (albeit with Mega Man - an awesome addition)
  • simsini 10 months ago

@Mister-Wario Apologies. I guess I should have aimed that at everyone. I can't see how any console is worth the money when none of them bring anything new that is worthwhile.
  • SegaBlueSky 10 months ago

Dammit Nintendo, you just had to put Mega Man in Smash Bros, didn't you? No interest in the Wii U whatsoever until I saw that trailer!
  • Mister-Wario 10 months ago

@simsini I'm not interested in any of the consoles at this point. Don't be so quick to assume condemnation of one console is automatically praise for another.
  • Lince 10 months ago

I will spend that money solely for the new Killzone game
  • SpaceMonkey77 10 months ago

Oh well, that's Nintendo that will be largely bypassed by many soon.

One day, Nintendo will be up for competition and progress but that'll probably be when I turn 50. I can't wait for them to get their act together. May buy a 3DS but other than that its all PC, iOS, MS and Sony.
  • Lince 10 months ago

Wii U has nothing like Infamous or even The Last of Us / Uncharted, games people hype not only kids with cute graphics, this is, my daughter smiled watching the Mario gameplay, it's too cute for adults even if gameplay is somewhat fun.
  • simsini 10 months ago

@Mister-Wario So what is there to get excited about? Why would anyone spend £349 or £429 on a new console this Christmas?
  • Lethally-Obese 10 months ago

Nintendo: Always a disappointment.
  • abacabb 10 months ago

@damdai nintendo are a wealthier company than nike
  • frazzl 10 months ago

I wonder if Stanton would think his quote "This is not a new generation, but a lick of paint on the same old rope - except this time, the seller keeps hold of one end. It beggars belief that this can be sold as innovation." is as applicable to Nintendo as he thought it was to MS.
  • Cobalt_Jackal 10 months ago

@albo Nintendo are re-defining gaming xD lol
  • Mister-Wario 10 months ago

@simsini how do you know we were getting excited about shooters? I thought most of the games Sony was showing us looked pretty naff. My most anticipated Playstation game right now is Puppeteer.
  • SidiousCyanide 10 months ago

@albo lol
  • Lince 10 months ago

they could have had hardware similar to that of PS4 for the same money Wii U did cost at launch, they should have delayed the launch to compete with MS/Sony
  • simsini 10 months ago

There were many, many great games on all of those consoles. Did you play any of them?
  • albo 10 months ago

well look on the bright side, at least i can play as a fat Italian plumber midget dressed in a cat suit on my wii u. Happy days.
  • peasoup 10 months ago

@simsini it's because we know what Nintendo are capable of. Yet they continue to insult us.
  • DacoitOne 10 months ago

Nintendo was once the brother I looked up to and admired and couldn't wait to hang around with. Now he's the brother with no job and no aspirations who tells you he will leave the house next month, or maybe the month after that. :(
  • SidiousCyanide 10 months ago

When you think about it, there was only really a handful of great games on the Wii, Gamecube, N64, I reckon it'll be the same for the Wii U.
  • frazzl 10 months ago

@DamDai New as in a new release, not new as in not shown to the public before.
  • rmjo 10 months ago

So did you guys forget about Earthbound already? ;) That'll keep me busy until the new Monolith RPG. But yeah...Wii U is kind of rushed.
  • Cobalt_Jackal 10 months ago

Dissappointment at all that wasted potential & re-hashed repetitive crap they serve up.
  • Lince 10 months ago

not taking back their DS and 3DS consoles are absolutely brilliant, but the Wii U is nothing but a dust magnet at this point.
  • simsini 10 months ago

It just grates on me that everyone seemed so excited yesterday when all we got was yet another open world game or yet another shooter. When Nintendo do the same thing they always get criticised.
  • Pro_wrestler 10 months ago

What do Nintendo even do with their money? Get those games out! Start up another studuo! Buy some exclusives!
  • Cobalt_Jackal 10 months ago

@DamDai Too true man, too true
  • frazzl 10 months ago

It's a shame the best titles they showed are due next year. The Wii U is really hurting for new titles
  • DacoitOne 10 months ago

So the Wii U is being released in 2014 then?
  • Lince 10 months ago

that old Zelda is the only Wii U game for 2013 Holidays... a bit sad and of course Wii U will get trounced by PS4/Xbox One... what are they thinking ? are they going full portable gaming ?
  • albo 10 months ago

i was hoping for more info and added content on zelda. what they showed people pretty much predicted
  • Keresky 10 months ago

@darkmorgado Are you high? Literally every single goddamned game Nintendo showed was a rehash of an already ancient franchise.
  • Pro_wrestler 10 months ago

This was just another Nintendo Direct. There was absolutely nothing that made this episode stand out from the others.
  • SidiousCyanide 10 months ago

Gotta be honest, wasn't really expecting Nintendo to rock my socks.

3d mario footage here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4
    uGyWnN7QHY
  • Sniper_007 10 months ago

So disappointing. I wasn't even hoping for new IP, but just a relaunch of a few old IPs. F-Zero, Starfox, even Wave Race. Something to make us remember why we used to love our old Nintendo consoles rather than even more delays!
    I have never regretted buying a console before, but this time I can't feel anything but disappointment :(
  • albo 10 months ago

the only surprise (well somewhat) was DK tropical breeze.

@darkmorgado
  • SpaceMonkey77 10 months ago

It just finished, but somewhere will have a playback of it.

No wonder they didn't want to get on stage. Makes sense now. This makes me sad.
  • Mister-Wario 10 months ago

@simsini No, we wanted either new games are established IPs that tried to shake up their older ideas. Like Super Mario Galaxy. Nothing about shooters at all.
  • Cobalt_Jackal 10 months ago

im 18 actually and you can stop with your arrogant, condecending tone. Nintendo's line up was poor not much else there really..Only a fanboy(which you clearly are but deny)would say otherwise..
  • Lince 10 months ago

so sad my most anticipated Wii U game is some old Zelda remake you can already play on Dolphin emulator @1440p... 2014 titles too far off, Nintendo and Microsoft are quitting gaming business, it's all Sony again.
  • TechnicPuppet 10 months ago

In among the constant Xbox bashing you seem to have forgotten an article about the PS4 online being behind a paywall.
  • vizzini 10 months ago

It was like turning up for a medical with hamstring injury. Nintendo our now Ruud van Nistelrooy.
  • DacoitOne 10 months ago

Anyone who says Nintendo's show was better than MS or Sony are of their trolleys. Seriously. Disappoint to the max.
  • albo 10 months ago

Where can i watch the e3 coverage nintendo just mentioed at the end of the direct?

No new nintendo IP.
    Lots and lots of nostalgia game remakes.

When did they become so risk averse?
  • SidiousCyanide 10 months ago

I bet those 2014 games will come late in the year.
  • Pro_wrestler 10 months ago

I can't believe that I am actually considering buying the hardware nightmare that is Xbox One. It seems to be the only console with games.

@Hotcooler

Nintendo is publishing Bayonetta 2, if it wasn't for them there wouldn't even be a sequel.
  • simsini 10 months ago

It seems as if some people here just wanted the same generic shooters. Interesting to see some only coming in at the end with insults. I thought it was excellent overall, and although the delays are annoying, we know there are great things to come.
  • Rodriguez 10 months ago

@Sid-Nice

It starts in 2014.
  • seeyoshirun 10 months ago

I'm gathering Eurogamer isn't Nintendo's crowd. Personally I want most of the games announced.

And I don't see how making most of their games open-world/QTE/shooter makes the other companies more innovative.
  • harryisme 10 months ago

Ustream sucks, can't watch anything because it's constantly buffering and and jumping all over the place, do we not have any other streaming providers? Sony conference was just as bad, though not as bad as this.
  • SpaceMonkey77 10 months ago

Did say it wasn't going to be much. That was a poor line up. They seem to think it s okay so good for them.

No F Zero, Waverace, Blastcorps etc. Lacks imagination and too much safety.
  • Sid-Nice 10 months ago

When does this start?

@Cobalt_Jackal

"More of the same old shite...No thanks i'll pass."

You're 16. You don't even know what Old is. I've got clothes older than you.
  • stevethemeat 10 months ago

Some good stuff, still waiting for a true follow up to Mario 64.
  • Der_tolle_Emil 10 months ago

A bit too many mentions of 2014 but other than that pretty solid. Of course, as always, no real surprises but otherwise stellar line up. Also: MEGA MAN!!
  • Mister-Wario 10 months ago

It was okay...nothing compelling to my mind. Very nostalgic and looking to the past for inspiration. I'm sure there's more to it than that, especially in stuff like Smash Bros, but as it stands I have no interest in Wii U whatsoever.
  • atomicjuicer 10 months ago

No Metroid - well this makes my PS4 purchase decision even easier! Maybe a 3ds Metroid will come some day
  • Pro_wrestler 10 months ago

How could Nintendo possibly have fucked up this generation more! They needed to come out with the big guns today. They announced nothing!
  • SidiousCyanide 10 months ago

Yeah.... I think I'll still end up getting a PS4 for Xmas...
  • JayScott 10 months ago

I was not expecting much but quite enjoyed that.
  • DacoitOne 10 months ago

It's as if they WANT the Wii U to die.....
  • Seuachi 10 months ago

PS4 is going to be next gen's gaming console!
  • Sir_Brightington_III 10 months ago

Eh, kind of underwhelming. I'll just have to hope Bayonetta 2 goes multiplatform at some point (even though I know it won't).
  • Cadence 10 months ago

The new 3D Mario game was the only thing there that got my interest. That and the Xenoblades thing.

Nah, we were hoping for a fully open world 64 style mario ;_;
  • Hotcooler 10 months ago

Well to be honest I really want to play Bayonetta... I loved the first one. And they have really bad choice of platform sadly. I fear I wont be able to find a living soul that has Wii U...
  • LukehMuse 10 months ago

I look forward to seeing these games again at next year's E3
  • makeamazing 10 months ago

They know what they are doing wrong, but they continue to do it... they will get their rewards for that.
  • Baihu1983 10 months ago

Wii U still a no buy for me.
  • gamefan 10 months ago

If Nintendo made a game called 2014, it would probably come out in 2016
  • Psiloc 10 months ago

*crickets*
  • Seuachi 10 months ago

LOL @Keresky
  • Cobalt_Jackal 10 months ago

Not impressed in the slightest tbh..Nintendo must try harder.
  • NotSoSlim 10 months ago

People happy with that? Most are out next year. Pointless

No price cut either
  • ryohazuki1983 10 months ago

Some of the games look decent, missed MK and 3D world, but 2014 release dates s too far off
  • frazzl 10 months ago

I missed the beginning so what exactly is due this year? Please don't tell me it's only Pikmin, Mario Kart and Zelda?
  • Lince 10 months ago

no Metroid... whatever happened to this franchise, man this was alright, most titles are 2014 but oh well I can wait while playing PC & PS4, but no Metroid breaks my heart...
  • Lethally-Obese 10 months ago

Nintendo was BY FAR the worst. By faaaaaaaaaaaar.
  • crooky369 10 months ago

I assume Pokemon was on 3DS?
  • atomicjuicer 10 months ago

PS4 wins
  • Cadence 10 months ago

Where's Metroid, where's a new Zelda, F-Zero!
  • jimboton 10 months ago

too little, much too late
  • Keresky 10 months ago

Pathetic, but about what I expected from Nintendo: re-heated versions of the same four franchises they've been flogging for about 20+ years.
  • SpaceMonkey77 10 months ago

More Mario. More Mario Kart.
  • DacoitOne 10 months ago

wait its over??? WE SAW NOTHING!
  • makeamazing 10 months ago

@simsini what Stolen the worst show award from MS?
  • Nevflinn 10 months ago

Hot damn, Megaman looks class. I'm stoked for Smash U!
  • mal 10 months ago

Now why couldn't the Sony show have been this short?
  • JayScott 10 months ago

Mega Man owning Mario was pretty great.
  • BillMurray 10 months ago

@simsini Really?
  • Pacman8MyGhostkart 10 months ago

I can't even see half the stream due to lag!

And Microsoft is enforcing always online.
  • JayScott 10 months ago

@shaunwatter29

I feel sorry for you. :p
  • vert1go 10 months ago

No Pikmin 3 despite being due asap. But fun stuff. MK8 looked amazing.
  • shaunwatters29 10 months ago

was that it??!?!?!?!?!?!
  • Pro_wrestler 10 months ago

This was underwhelming. Hardly a single game announced that we didn't already know about and everything is delayed.
  • patriot 10 months ago

fuck i wanna play megaman 2 now
  • simsini 10 months ago

Nintendo have stolen the show completely here. Great stuff.
  • Seuachi 10 months ago

And he has his different abilities!
  • shaunwatters29 10 months ago

ohh another exactly the same supersmash brozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

@irve77 I thought the theme was Nintendo are releasing 1 game per month/quarter

every game except those from Platinum and Monolith look like Xmas morning
  • frazzl 10 months ago

So it's the remake of Wind Waker this year and Bayonetta 2 and the X game from Monolith soft next year for me then.
  • ecureuil 10 months ago

Fuckin Megaman. Awesome.
  • makeamazing 10 months ago

I wasn't that impressed by it either to be honest, pretty boring.
  • Seuachi 10 months ago

MEGAMAN!!!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG MEGA MAN IN SMASH BROS
  • rmjo 10 months ago

OMFG! Mega MAN!!!!
  • shaunwatters29 10 months ago

@JayScott i am indeed, fool
  • Mister-Wario 10 months ago

It looks....alright? I guess? Ooh, Mega Man!
  • shadowdogg 10 months ago

Megaman!
  • simsini 10 months ago

OMG WOW!!! A new F-Zero!!!
  • irve77 10 months ago

there is certainly a theme here .. buy a Wii U in 2014

OMG
  • Seuachi 10 months ago

SUPER SMASH BROS 3DS!!
  • mal 10 months ago

Multiplatform Smash Bros? Cool!
  • Cobalt_Jackal 10 months ago

More of the same old shite...No thanks i'll pass.

that made me want a 1080p remake of Skyward Sword with no motion controls

Wait for him to say delayed to 2015
  • melnificent 10 months ago

Training section of Smash Bros has you just pummelling Tom Nook repeatedly.
  • rmjo 10 months ago

worlds lagiest stream

Wii-U and 3DS
  • JayScott 10 months ago

@shaunwatters29

Are you watching the same conference as everyone else you idiot?
  • Osahi 10 months ago

Oh, its smash bros with animal crossing char. Nook can f of then!
  • Mister-Wario 10 months ago

I like the new art style.
  • peasoup 10 months ago

Man i really wanted to see a Metroid or Starfox
  • linkster 10 months ago

ah crap
  • DacoitOne 10 months ago

SMASH BROS!
  • Uncle_Spanks 10 months ago

Did someone say Star Fox?! Nintendo didn't :(

Smash Bros? Meh!
  • Segnit 10 months ago

Why the horrible lag is why ND is a bad idea.
  • Osahi 10 months ago

Seems like I'll be working my arse off for Tom Nook again...
  • Lince 10 months ago

that Monolith game looked delicious, Wii U has some powerful innards devs should learn how to tackle
  • Thiral 10 months ago

SUPER SMASH!1
  • shadowdogg 10 months ago

SMASH RBSO!!!
  • Nevflinn 10 months ago

Tom Nook confirmed for SSB4!!
  • shaunwatters29 10 months ago

damn so far this is bloody terrible - poor old nintendo. Time to call it a day and do a Sega
  • Dismiss 10 months ago

Xenoblade looks pretty nice
  • BlastPhoenix 10 months ago

Smash Bros?

2014 again....damn.

Smashing time.
  • atomicjuicer 10 months ago

Sweet
  • melnificent 10 months ago

Another delay... getting seriously annoyed now
  • Mister-Wario 10 months ago

"The player will drive the human-shaped robot"- love how accessible Nintendo make everything.
  • vert1go 10 months ago

Monster Hunter with these graphics = instawin.
  • Cadence 10 months ago

OK, now F-Zero please.
  • karlo87 10 months ago

X looks awesome.
  • DacoitOne 10 months ago

buzz killing lag!
  • vizzini 10 months ago

Has he used the word cloud yet?
  • simsini 10 months ago

Exactly Mister-Wario, this looks absolutely fantastic.
  • Progguitarist 10 months ago

X looks lush!
  • patriot 10 months ago

that looks nice
  • Progguitarist 10 months ago

;_; don't say that Martin
  • nakedlunch 10 months ago

Looks delightful

Xenogears!

Nintendo delivers. Awesome.
  • rmjo 10 months ago

The fucking lag!

Metroid U please
  • frazzl 10 months ago

Square Enix take note. This is how you make a JRPG. Not fucking KH3 or FFXV!
  • georgetm1 10 months ago

this looks awesome
  • Cadence 10 months ago

Take my money!
  • shadowdogg 10 months ago

this looks amazing
  • Mister-Wario 10 months ago

If you're going into Nintendo Directs expecting cutting-edge graphics at this point you're doing it wrong. It's not like it looks awful or anything.
  • Pacman8MyGhostkart 10 months ago

Music makes me want to tear my ears off right now.
  • ecureuil 10 months ago

This looks ace.
  • vert1go 10 months ago

Xenoblade Chronicles 2? Nope.
  • DacoitOne 10 months ago

awesome music

Wow.

2014 titles... Wii U needs something big for the winter holidays....come on
  • frazzl 10 months ago

Ooh the Monolith Software game! Awesome!
  • Nevflinn 10 months ago

Holy moley, Monolith Soft's new game!

xenoblade sequel
  • jimboton 10 months ago

I can't believe they're pulling another new super mario bros U, only with DK :(
  • Der_tolle_Emil 10 months ago

Monolithsoft. Again with those goose bumps!
  • BuckFuttons 10 months ago

Those graphics look painfully current gen tho :'(
  • Ilias 10 months ago

XENOGEARS!
  • Progguitarist 10 months ago

Where is METROID
  • simsini 10 months ago

@Mister-Wario Yes, but you could then say everything that has been revealed in the last two days looks the same.

New. Monolith. Game.

The gameplay trailer looks promising. But a 2014 launch...:(
  • Dismiss 10 months ago

Wow, Bayonetta 3 should be a stunner.
  • georgetm1 10 months ago

Bayonetta, thats more like it.
  • Lethally-Obese 10 months ago

Oh dear god, Retro was working on DK.....Uuuuuugh

Bayonetta 2 looks amazing
  • karlo87 10 months ago

@simsini oh i agree, i don't like them either lol
  • siallen 10 months ago

Clam shot hi 5
  • nakedlunch 10 months ago

new hairstyle AND costume?!

I'm there
  • Osahi 10 months ago

I think I just got sensored by Ustream. One crotch shot and the stream buckles
  • X201 10 months ago

Haircuts FTW \o/
  • DacoitOne 10 months ago

dat ass
  • Lince 10 months ago

cure Mario graphics, cute Zelda, cute Donkey Kong... and suddenly, Bayonetta bitch lol, a game you would never expect on a Nintendo console.
  • BlastPhoenix 10 months ago

Liking the short hair look
  • gamefan 10 months ago

big question is how are they to sell more WiiU's?

Lol stream broke on Bayonetta!! Fuck my life :(
  • karlo87 10 months ago

Oooft B2 looks awesome
  • mal 10 months ago

Bit laggy. Sounds like Martina Hingis is playing.
  • Mister-Wario 10 months ago

@simsini you're assuming we don't think that about FIFA or shooters as well.

FINISH HER!!
  • ecureuil 10 months ago

Arnold is in Bayonetta 2?
  • Seuachi 10 months ago

BAYONETTA!!!
  • wayn3h 10 months ago

haha
  • DacoitOne 10 months ago

THE BITCH IS BACK!!!
  • gamingdave 10 months ago

These games are exactly why I bought a WiiU. Shame its been gathering dust for months but this xmas is going to be a cracker if you like pure games.
  • wayn3h 10 months ago

groin shot
  • HairyArse 10 months ago

Vaginal close-up.
  • simsini 10 months ago

@karlo87 It depends what you are looking for. One could argue every FIFA or shooter looks the same.
  • SidiousCyanide 10 months ago

I was all played out on platformers by the end of the 16-bit era.
  • makeamazing 10 months ago

Except for 101, why don't nintendo ever make any different games, its always Mario/Karts/DK etc.
  • Pro_wrestler 10 months ago

@vert1go Agreed. This looks so underwhelming.
  • frazzl 10 months ago

DK HD looked alright. Nothing new though. Hopefully the upcoming Bayonetta 2 trailer is more interesting.

Bayonetta!
  • Pacman8MyGhostkart 10 months ago

Another girl playable in a Nintendo game!

Maybe the Wii-U is the real revolution?
  • Cadence 10 months ago

Bayonetta 2!!!
  • gamefan 10 months ago

DK looks god, for though the DK game on WII was OK but the controls were awful hope they don't screw them up here by forcing you to look at the wii pad too much
  • simsini 10 months ago

Stunt FX would make my start hyperventilating.
  • Progguitarist 10 months ago

They're actually showing gameplay...WTF!

£10 says DK is delayed
  • Cobalt_Jackal 10 months ago

His Engrish is really good. Seriously though im impressed i didn't know Iwata san could speak it so fluently.
  • vert1go 10 months ago

These trailers better be on the eshop in HD the INSTANT this is over. 1080P plz.
  • Lince 10 months ago

these should have been launch titles, price drop + these magnificent games should see Wii U overtaking the Xbox One at least.
  • karlo87 10 months ago

I've never been a DK fan, every game looks exactly the same
  • Old_Books 10 months ago

I love all this but none of these are going to convince the doubters I think.
  • Pro_wrestler 10 months ago

These all look like Wii/3DS games. Where is next gen?
  • DacoitOne 10 months ago

Stunt FX for Wii U needs to show up soon. I think I'd pop if it did.
  • atomicjuicer 10 months ago

Wow DK u looks excellent
  • simsini 10 months ago

Any there is the money shot.
  • Sir_Brightington_III 10 months ago

Cutest viking ever.
  • vert1go 10 months ago

I don't play the DK games but gotta appreciate that.
  • Lethally-Obese 10 months ago

Donky Kong....Yaaaaaawn.
  • vert1go 10 months ago

Some of these look bloody beautiful.
  • Osahi 10 months ago

Looking good Kong!

Donkey Kong! YEAH!
  • simsini 10 months ago

Nintendo games just have that Christmas morning magic that Sony and Microsoft can't provide. The graphics look great, games are for everyone.

ZeldOctober
  • shadowdogg 10 months ago

Yeah I want to see smash bros
  • spamdangled 10 months ago

Wind Waker looks gorgeous. Can't wait to play it all over again
  • wayn3h 10 months ago

this is what MS's more casual games are missing.. soul
  • seeyoshirun 10 months ago

5-player Wonderful 101? HELL YES!
  • shadowdogg 10 months ago

@vert1go agreed
  • Seuachi 10 months ago

I want to see Smash Bros.
  • vert1go 10 months ago

siallen get your eyes tested then. seriously.
  • Pro_wrestler 10 months ago

Thar 3D Mario better not be the successor to Mario Galaxy 2.
  • ryohazuki1983 10 months ago

A year wait is too long for MK, WiiU needs it now!
  • Pacman8MyGhostkart 10 months ago

OK release date for Wonderful 101, c'mon do it!
  • siallen 10 months ago

Wind waker hahahaha looks awful on the eye
  • ecureuil 10 months ago

People will just send dick pictures.
  • patriot 10 months ago

if ever a kid went missing in my neighbourhood and tingle had a house nearby, he'd be suspect #1 ... just sayin
  • simsini 10 months ago

We just need a new Mario Golf for Wii U, not just 3DS.
  • Pacman8MyGhostkart 10 months ago

Oh God can you imagine the amount of abusive messages in a bottle you will find?
  • Der_tolle_Emil 10 months ago

That message-in-a-bottle thingy looks interesting.
  • vert1go 10 months ago

That is a mad, crazy, delightful feature.
  • Osahi 10 months ago

@simsini Wut? Watch Dogs looked lots and lots smudgier, and didn't have the same great lightning effects as on next gen...
  • shadowdogg 10 months ago

nice!
  • makeamazing 10 months ago

@simsini I think you need to go to specsavers mate.... the wii-u graphics do not look anywhere as good
  • davidlea 10 months ago

I've got literally no idea what he's on about at this point!
  • simsini 10 months ago

Overall, very impressed so far.
  • Cadence 10 months ago

argh, it's just tingle. fuck it
  • johnsmith123456 10 months ago

It would be nice if they did add more dungeons
  • Cadence 10 months ago

some adjustments to the game!
  • simsini 10 months ago

The graphics on these reveals look no worse than Xbox One and PS4.
  • skunkfish 10 months ago

Never played this apart from a brief go on Dolphin, looking forward to it...
  • gamingdave 10 months ago

I know its a remake, but I have so many happy memories of WW and can't wait to play it again.

1080P CONFIRMED!
  • vert1go 10 months ago

LOOK! COLOURS! ACTUAL COLOURS!
  • gamefan 10 months ago

WW will look better but IT AINT NEW!
  • vert1go 10 months ago

Hope they finished off the last section properly and took the bloody pauses out of sword hits.
  • Mister-Wario 10 months ago

It does look very pretty.
  • Pacman8MyGhostkart 10 months ago

You know I bought this day 1 but never completed it.

I'm tempted to buy this even though I have a Wii and the original!
  • Osahi 10 months ago

That looks amazing in HD... Wish they would make a totally new one in this art style (but not with a train :p)
  • Der_tolle_Emil 10 months ago

I still get goosebumps when I here that Zelda music...
  • shadowdogg 10 months ago

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • X201 10 months ago

I loved WindWaker.

Wind Waker looks sooooo purdy in HD

WW HD. *licking screen.*
  • telboy007 10 months ago

I've already played wind waker, it was good but no more.

Spin The Bottle = instabuy
  • shadowdogg 10 months ago

ZLEEDDAA
  • vert1go 10 months ago

Already more gameplay footage than either other big conference combined.

@vert1go

Not new, remake of first one on Playstation.
  • karlo87 10 months ago

Was that really the new Mario? Looked... boring
  • telboy007 10 months ago

spin... the... bottle... ?

New Oddworld.
  • NewbieZilla 10 months ago

Bayonetta 2 release date, please.
  • Sir_Brightington_III 10 months ago

Oooh, Ballpoint Universe! I loved that on PC.

Ballpoint Universe intrigues.
  • makeamazing 10 months ago

Ubisoft are supporting the Wii-U well, looks like one of the few that are...
  • vert1go 10 months ago

WATCHDOGS. Not Watch Dogs. ONE WORD.
  • melnificent 10 months ago

@X201 Nope Mario, mario, ds game remakes, Wii games upressed and delayed.

@X201

Pokemon X and Y Oct this year.

Sequel to Super Marioland on Wii U. 4 player simultaneous release with classes same as Super Mario Bros 2.

Mario Kart 8 with Anti-Grav upside-down driving.

Delayed Wii Fit and Mario Party.
  • vizzini 10 months ago

Iwata: ?we hope you continue to surprise us by finishing your drawings before showing them to us?
  • simsini 10 months ago

@Lethally-Obese the same can be said of the Xbox One and PS4 in relation to the Xbox 360 and PS3.
  • X201 10 months ago

Just joined, have I missed anything earth shattering?
  • melnificent 10 months ago

DS game, DS game, DS game....
    Come on Nintendo that was people trolling saying WiiU was like an overgrown DS.
  • davidlea 10 months ago

@simsini It's not that exciting!
  • makeamazing 10 months ago

The streams yesterday were pretty dismal, just goes to show we cannot rely on the internet for content :)

Miiverse Artist? Fun.
  • Lethally-Obese 10 months ago

They should try to actual release some games. But they don't look like much at any rate, just ressed up Wii games. The assets and character models look nearly identical to the old Wii and 3DS versions.

Miiverse 3DS pleasepleaseplease
  • Thiral 10 months ago

Awesome, better drawings :D
  • vizzini 10 months ago

The visuals look very polished on 3D mario; the glass rendering is a big step up for Ninty, but aspect ratio looks wrong on the characters and camera looked fixed

Here look at this..... DELAYED
  • simsini 10 months ago

Anyone else building up to reaching for the tissues towards the end?
  • wayn3h 10 months ago

streaming it on my twitch if anyones still having issues

• SSnakez 10 months ago

This stream is diabolical
  • AmicableWalrus 10 months ago

Please understand. *laughs*
  • vert1go 10 months ago

Wii Fit U delay makes me sad. (Yes I use Wii Fit Plus)
  • Thiral 10 months ago

Ya, a good party game is always good to have :)
  • RichyRichh77 10 months ago

@karlo87 Try one of the Twitch TV ones, they were the most reliable I had all through yesterdays conferences.

ame/E3%202013/live
  • seeyoshirun 10 months ago

Super Mario 3D World looks genuinely amazing. That's going to be so much fun.
  • mal 10 months ago

Damnit, now MK's going up the walls makes it less likely we'll see a proper F-Zero update this gen. Oh well, looks nice enough.
  • vert1go 10 months ago

Party U at least looks amusing.
  • davidlea 10 months ago

New Mario Cart, only a year away. Seriously?
  • Mr.Spo 10 months ago

3D World looked good but not amazing, Kart 8 on the other hand, looked absolutely brilliant.
  • atomicjuicer 10 months ago

Come on METROID announcement..
  • Moz 10 months ago

anyone else having trouble with the stream?
  • makeamazing 10 months ago

More mini games, what a surprise
  • vizzini 10 months ago

karts only, no bikes you idiots. /facepalm
  • Pynchon 10 months ago

• Pacman8MyGhostkart 10 months ago

Peach isn't being rescued in Super Mario 3D Land?

Has Nintendo been watching Tropes Vs Women?
  • vert1go 10 months ago

MK8 looks easily on par with anything of XbOXO or PS4 so far. Beautiful. Scale and depth.
  • shadowdogg 10 months ago

Why is eurogamer being so sarcastic. nintendo not having mario games would be fucking wierd
  • spamdangled 10 months ago

Super Mario 3D Lands looks interesting, but not what I was expecting.

Mario Kart looks amazing.
  • vert1go 10 months ago

nintendo.co.uk stream is the best working one.

Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-
    Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.ht
    ml
  • telboy007 10 months ago

mario kart 8 does look pretty snazzy
  • vert1go 10 months ago

Mario Kart 8. I see what you did with that logo there.
  • Raiko101 10 months ago

Yay. No stream here or on the Nintendo UK website. :(

And the video is still down, stay classy EG :D
  • roz123 10 months ago

3D mario looks amazing. Especially that cat suit
  • telboy007 10 months ago

CAT MARIO!!!!!!!!
  • mcmarteau 10 months ago

Feels like the paralympics
  • karlo87 10 months ago

Every stream is terrible
  • sanctusmortis 10 months ago

If you can't see the stream go to Nintendo's home page, it's on there
  • vert1go 10 months ago

Ingame but looks like old rendering - wow.
  • Thiral 10 months ago

I missed the pokémon part of the stream, did it look like the same old?
  • Lethally-Obese 10 months ago

Is this for the 3DS or Wii U?
  • vert1go 10 months ago

Wow. Mario Kart looks goooodddd..
  • Der_tolle_Emil 10 months ago

3D Land was fantastic. And I'm loving it that they bring back the unique abilities from Super Mario Bros 2.
  • Osahi 10 months ago

damn stream doesn't work here
  • joeymoto108 10 months ago

Cat Mario? I fucking despise cats
  • vert1go 10 months ago

It isn't brown and is making me smile. Sold.
  • Progguitarist 10 months ago

Looks lush

Super mario bros 2: 3D
  • Vasenor 10 months ago

The stream on the official site seems to be malfunctioning as well. Or at the very least the site is.
  • vert1go 10 months ago

MUTIPLAYER 3D MARIO! WOOOOO!
  • peasoup 10 months ago

Miaow!
  • shadowdogg 10 months ago

ahahaah

Super Mario 3D World.
  • Thiral 10 months ago

catz
  • Raiko101 10 months ago

@gamingdave Got a link?

Whoops, that's Japanese.

3D Land with a twist.

ntendo-direct-at-e3-2013
  • roz123 10 months ago

Iwata was the inspiration for 50 Cents hit P.I.M.P.
  • Lethally-Obese 10 months ago

Looks like a Wii game
  • Raiko101 10 months ago

Can't find a working stream anywhere.

Mario looks gorgeous.
  • gamingdave 10 months ago

EG stream down again. Just like the MS one was for me yesterday.

Working fine on nintendo.co.uk
  • erp 10 months ago

@Donlan No problem! I really hope it's good now... ;)
  • shadowdogg 10 months ago

it hasn't started yet right?
  • Pacman8MyGhostkart 10 months ago

For those who can't see the stream, try here http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/
    Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-
    Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.ht
    ml
  • Rhaegyr 10 months ago

definitely hope to see more of 'X'
  • The_Asking 10 months ago

@darkmorgado it's not over here. Keep looking!
  • peasoup 10 months ago

@danielleinberger try going direct to nintendo

Get it via Nintendo.co.uk
  • Mr.Spo 10 months ago

Yeah, EG's feed isn't working. http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/
    Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-
    Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.ht
    ml
  • danielleinberger 10 months ago

I cant see it where is it
  • javvyman 10 months ago

It's 15:03! where's the stream EG?? WHERE'S THE STREAM!

Argh, can't see anything, Stream is nothing but black :(

Pokemon + Nintendogs.
  • Skith666 10 months ago

Is the stream working for anyone else?
  • spamdangled 10 months ago

where's the bloody video?
  • danielleinberger 10 months ago

where i cant see it
  • vert1go 10 months ago

Exactly Javvyman. We know most of what to expect.
  • Eldritch 10 months ago

Maybe Pikmin 3 isn't half bad.
  • nathanherbener 10 months ago

If they bring a pokemon game like the main series but with all the regions... I will be so damn happy, too bad it may not happen
  • javvyman 10 months ago

Think people have got unrealistic expectations, we'll see Mario 3D, Mario Kart, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bros... maybe a a couple of new titles... wait a sec! that's a freaking awesome line-up!
  • peasoup 10 months ago

its on now
  • Pacman8MyGhostkart 10 months ago

I love the way he says "Direct". So '70s Sci-Fi.
  • Hieronymus 10 months ago

Right, let's see what Nintendo has to offer. I have not been a Nintendo user since the Gamecube but I can only hope they rock seeing it's such a fine company.
  • Raiko101 10 months ago

Either i'm being left in the dark or Nintendo's E3 website is having a fit.
  • Psiloc 10 months ago

So... do we press 'play' or not?
  • Progguitarist 10 months ago

METROID!!!!!! MAKE IT SO!
  • danielleinberger 10 months ago

When is the Nintendo direct
  • danielleinberger 10 months ago

Yeah, I like the way you think @DamDai

But im staying with Microsoft
  • tiffaneyplamondon 10 months ago

@Danielleinberger You might think so. But no one else will uy it for those exact reasons. And its policies are what is going to kill it in the console war. It can't compare anymore. Sony offers the better game system right now. Microsoft can change those policies later, but it will be the point then and there that they failed the first time,a nd everyone would have already fell in with SOny
  • jellyBelly 10 months ago

ITS PEGGI 18
  • melnificent 10 months ago

Pokemon adventure on Wii U, like the old Gamecube ones :)
  • PeterAJTaylor 10 months ago

@SpaceMonkey77 F-Zero to be honest, particularly if it is made in collaboration with Sega, an even better soundtrack than GX and has online play for 30 vehicles at once...
  • vert1go 10 months ago

Good luck with that Prismbox One then. Ripe for it.
  • Zizoo 10 months ago

I really hope they can turn this ship around. I would love to get a Wii U over a Xbox One.
  • Der_tolle_Emil 10 months ago

I'd go with Wave Race as well because I thought that the cube one was horrible and it deserves another chance :/
  • ISmoke 10 months ago

Show new Pokemon, that's all you need to do

GAF status: Down
  • danielleinberger 10 months ago

Well you know its on opion but, overall you pay for the availabilities on the xbox, sure it will have 24 hour check in online, but Microsoft has beaten Sony last time you know and I think Microsoft can still win this generatation, I love microsoft so yeah, I think Microsoft has more things on it thats why its 100 more dollars. @DamDai
  • nathanherbener 10 months ago

I got my pepsi ready, with my biscuits and dip... Lets get crackin :D
  • neoturfmaster 10 months ago

I'd love to see a new Mario Party game...

Only joking. Come on, announce a new Advance Wars already!
  • ColdShoulder 10 months ago

Waverace
  • Skith666 10 months ago

C'mon Nintendo, really pull something great out and make us remember why we love you!
  • joelstinton 10 months ago

@vertigo lets hope so!

@Peter

You could be right there. If you had to choose which would you prefer first, a new futuristic Waverace or another F Zero cut?

I think I'd take Waverace. And maybe F zero later on.
  • ShiftBreaker 10 months ago

Tea's ready, and I'm open minded to the Wii U. Impress me, Nintendo.
  • tiffaneyplamondon 10 months ago

@DamDai There is cross game chat, party chat. The servers? We will have to wait and see

@Tom Phillips

"The conference won't just be about Wii U, of course"

So why have nintendo said it's all about the Wii U?
  • albo 10 months ago

Maybe they cut out some stuff based on yesterdays conferences...
  • Skith666 10 months ago

@Doonvas - Professional layabout so I'm fine - as you know mate ;-)
  • erp 10 months ago

@Donlan Yup! It's called Globulous.
  • albo 10 months ago

yeah, sucks that they told us weeks ago it would be one hour and then change it last minute
  • SpaceMonkey77 10 months ago

Since Sony will be charging for PSN Plus as standard, that'll help pay for servers etc hopefully there should be less lag, stronger security etc. Fingers crossed that Lulz does knock at Sony's door again.
  • vert1go 10 months ago

Not that worrying. Less pissing about with celebrities and "funny" material and CGI trailers.
  • mintgreen 10 months ago

Watching at work too. Boss is away, mice will play!
  • danielleinberger 10 months ago

is it in like 6 minutes
  • orangpelupa 10 months ago

agh... i cant watch nintendo. Need to sleep early tonight. Square enix has press event on the next day (12 june 2013) in my country.
  • ColdShoulder 10 months ago

All I want is quality. Nintendo can take their sweet time with anything as long as it's worth the wait.
  • nathanherbener 10 months ago

Okay awesome, I'm in Australia so I can watch it :D
  • PeterAJTaylor 10 months ago

@SpaceMonkey77 Of course water is different, I just meant the settings. Can't see Nintendo putting out two futuristic racing games on a similar timescale.
  • danielleinberger 10 months ago

Im geting the Xbox one cause ive always been an xbox fan, and a nintendo fan.
  • vert1go 10 months ago

Today but at 2am UK time according to the planner I saw.
  • joelstinton 10 months ago

Worrying news that this is only 37mins long :(
  • albo 10 months ago

Yeah, hate it when they have different content in different regions for the direct. feels lkike im missing a lot of stuff from other directs
  • Thiral 10 months ago

I usually buy all consoles. I got a Wii U (and love it) and I will get a PS4, but I wont get a xbox one for sure.
  • Eldritch 10 months ago

@Der_tolle_Emil Didn't know that at all, cheers!
  • nathanherbener 10 months ago

@Vert1go Okay, do you know what time/day?
  • kirinnokoshin 10 months ago

@Skith666 So am I, Balls to it :-)
  • KuningasDon 10 months ago

@Skith666 Totally worth it.
  • SpaceMonkey77 10 months ago

For me, PS4 first then XboxOne when Kinect isn't compulsory and they drop their used game stance and that dirty price tag. £429 indeed?
  • Der_tolle_Emil 10 months ago

@Eldritch Gargoyle's Quest 2 was released on the NES. And #3 more or less on the SNES as Demon's Crest :)
  • vert1go 10 months ago

A Pokemon X/Y direct is planned for later.
  • Skith666 10 months ago

I'm certain I'm going to get fired for this! Watching whilst at work
  • Mr.Spo 10 months ago

Apparently the Direct is roughly 40 minutes long, so I wouldn't have unrealistic expectations.
  • melstevenson 10 months ago

ps4- but i wanna see whats happening on the 3ds side- I mean I wanna see pokemon X and Y and Zelda :D
  • Der_tolle_Emil 10 months ago

I want a game entirely dedicated to Pilotwing 64's birdman.
  • kamps09 10 months ago

@danielleinberger PS4
  • nathanherbener 10 months ago

I hope they release some more info on Pokemon X and Y
  • simsini 10 months ago

Can't wait for this. Yesterday was just the starter, this is the main course, dessert, cheese and biscuits and coffee and mints.
  • Eldritch 10 months ago

Gargoyle's Quest 2.
  • SpaceMonkey77 10 months ago

No, not really. Racing on water has different positive/negative effects on a race, that's one of the things that made Waverace so good. F Zero on the other hand is pretty clear tracks and few obstacles.
  • danielleinberger 10 months ago

Hey guys tell me what system everyone in here is going to get the Xbox one or Ps4
  • Raiko101 10 months ago

Online multiplayer Pilotwings please! I've only been waiting for it for the best part of two decades!
  • vert1go 10 months ago

I think they'll have enough trouble squeezing in just the games we already know of.
  • albo 10 months ago

Reggie, Iwata, Miyamoto and eiji Aonuma are all at e3 right now. Should be interesting to see what they present at the press event after the direct...
  • PeterAJTaylor 10 months ago

@SpaceMonkey77 Doesn't/Wouldn't F-Zero U fill that particular niche?
  • melstevenson 10 months ago

Oh great I made it on time :D
  • Daryoon 10 months ago

Pokemon Snap for Wii U and I'm sold.

Super Pang Mii U

@Peter

No, a better option for Waverace would be for Nintendo to give us the futuristic Waverace they once demoed prior to the N64 launch. Like Wipeoout but on water, it looked cool.

@Der

yeah, Planet Puzzle League is a class DS game, very addictive. Copies are tricky to find but worth it.

• erp 10 months ago

@Donlan There's a Tetrisphere knockoff on Android (of course!). No idea if it's any good though.
  • MikkyX 10 months ago

@joelstinton Super Pang U!
  • Eldritch 10 months ago

I'd actually buy a Wii U for Advance Wars.
  • Der_tolle_Emil 10 months ago

@SpaceMonkey77 Haven't tried that yet. The only puzzle game I spent more time with than Tetrisphere would be Super Puzzle Fighter.
  • vert1go 10 months ago

Gamecube VC news would be nice - expect we'll hear more of the Summer Update too.
  • jellyBelly 10 months ago

LOL@gif of Iwata rising from the coffin, its just too much...
  • joelstinton 10 months ago

I like to see an new e-shop version of PANG!
  • PeterAJTaylor 10 months ago

@joelstinton What if a new Wave Race game was set to a rave soundtrack? That would be an insta-buy!

@Der_tolle_Emil

No I didn't, because Planet Puzzle League is a better game. Love that on DS.
  • roz123 10 months ago

The game I most want to see is Smash Bros
  • vert1go 10 months ago

Stunt Race. So many time trial hours.
  • mintgreen 10 months ago

f-zero wii u wud be huge
  • joelstinton 10 months ago

@peterAJtaylor

Doh! sorry man! tired eyes, tired mind.

Wave Race!
    Rave Race!
    Wace Rave..... goes on!
  • Der_tolle_Emil 10 months ago

@SpaceMonkey77 You forgot Tetrisphere 2.
  • danielleinberger 10 months ago

4UmHKTX9H4&feature=player_detail
    page

That should get you ready for the conference.

Dare to dream...

An RPG set in the F-Zero universe in which you control Samurai Goroh in search of his stolen pink ride.

From the people that brought you "Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland"!
  • SpaceMonkey77 10 months ago

All I want to see is new Waverace and F Zero, both with online play.

A Pilotwings game, Stunt Race 2 and Blast Corps 2, but they don't have the vision or passion for them anymore. These would convince me to buy a Wii U.

F Zero UX, Metroid U, Super Mario
    U-niverse. Please understand
  • telboy007 10 months ago

I'm lubbin' my 3DS but very unlikely to buy the Wii U. There is quite contrasting success between their handhelds and consoles post SNES era. Except the Wii which sold like hot cakes obviously.
  • danielleinberger 10 months ago

Hey where is Reggie
  • Der_tolle_Emil 10 months ago

Anyone thinking they are ready to announce gamecube VC yet?
  • mintgreen 10 months ago

if mario u is a galaxy sequel then i'm not interested
  • PeterAJTaylor 10 months ago

Wave Rave? Sounds great!
  • mintgreen 10 months ago

stunt race fx? no thanks, awful game
  • VideoGameAddict25 10 months ago

Super Mario Galaxy 3?
    Mario Kart U?
  • Der_tolle_Emil 10 months ago

@vert1go Stunt Race FX was brilliant. That game always made me really happy when I played it.
  • joelstinton 10 months ago

'Next gen' water always looks good, a good way to sell graphics. Expecting Wave Rave!
  • Mozz-eyes 10 months ago

I have my Doritos and Mountain Dew ready for this.

Oh wait, wrong console.
  • vert1go 10 months ago

Stunt Race FX would result in more money being thrown at screens than Wiimotes allegedly were.
  • TheHead 10 months ago

Announce a new game from Retro studios and im sold!

1080P Zelda Wind Waker trailer plzthx
  • vert1go 10 months ago

Surprise handheld announcement: Nintendo 1DS.
  • lew15ewad 10 months ago

ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA!!!! WHOOP WHOOP!

I never played Star Tropics :(
  • tiffaneyplamondon 10 months ago

It's also been stated that Pokemon X/Y news will be given to us consectibly. Supposedly an appearence on the Direct, The CoroCoro scans, and that Tv show Pokemon Smash is supposed to all have new information.
  • Mr.Spo 10 months ago

Also, Star Tropics revival from Retro Studio. kthxbai.
  • Mr.Spo 10 months ago

Fair enough, but I'd be surprised if they bothered with 3DS in any depth. It's doing absolutely fine and has a full line up to the end of the year. They could quite easily broadcast another Direct tomorrow about 3DS.

Fingers crossed for F Zero Wii U.
  • vert1go 10 months ago

I hope Nintendo took Ellie's idea from yesterday and Mario will have a Quaver rifle.
  • vert1go 10 months ago

@Mr.Spo Nintendo have previously said Direct presentations were for a specific platform and had stuff for the other. No guarantee.
  • SpaceMonkey77 10 months ago

No, leave Ellie alone. A bit of Snarky McQuipanquote is good. Its nothing you don't get on Giant Bomb etc, so on EG she's welcome.
  • Eldritch 10 months ago

Axelay 2.
  • vert1go 10 months ago

And it isn't as if the games aren't different each time. Even in those cases.
  • Pacman8MyGhostkart 10 months ago

The all nighter crew are back with a vengeance I see :)
  • Mr.Spo 10 months ago

Don't expect anything for 3DS: Nintendo have been completely clear that this Direct is Wii U only. So Tom, this Direct WILL be Wii U only. 3DS has had lots of love since February, with a Direct every month and everything from Pokemon X&Y to Link to the Past 2 announced.

From Nintendo's website:

"Welcome to our Nintendo Direct@E3 2013 broadcast! Watch the presentation for the latest news on future Wii U software!"
  • vert1go 10 months ago

Metal Gear Solid... fifty? Franchise usage isn't limited to Nintendo.
  • vert1go 10 months ago

"New stuff" like Forza... Five. Halo... Five...? ;)
  • kinky_mong 10 months ago

Have EG done the right thing and slipped a couple of Valium into Ellie's coffee so we're spared her snarky attempts at comedy?
  • vert1go 10 months ago

If only there was some way I could continue playing Mass Effect 3 with the TV showing Nintendo Direct... wait... I have a gamepad that can do that.
  • SpaceMonkey77 10 months ago

On a better more positive note, I'd like to see some new games (not existing stuff) from them in their video, but that seems like asking too much of them these days.
  • Eldritch 10 months ago

Pretty sure, that is.
  • Eldritch 10 months ago

I'm pretty Ninty will kick everybdy's arse next year. They've always been full of surprises. And, yes, they're totally loaded.
  • Ignatius_Cheese 10 months ago

@Skowhegan Haha even you can have your moments on occasion! Got some puns lined up to go?
  • tiffaneyplamondon 10 months ago

Thank you muchly!

Half an hour to go!
  • MikkyX 10 months ago

@tiffaneyplamondon about 32 minutess from now, wherever you are.

@tiffaneyplamondon or 30 minutes from now
  • vert1go 10 months ago

" We all know Nintendo stuff sells loads, no doubt. But"
    No but needed. I think after 20+ years people know to buy FOR the Nintendo stuff. I like to think people have realised it by now.

@tiffaneyplamondon 10AM
  • joelstinton 10 months ago

@space just enjoy the show man! :)
  • tiffaneyplamondon 10 months ago

Quick question, can anyone tell me when this confrence starts Eastern Time (New York Time)?
  • skowhegan 10 months ago

@Ignatius_Cheese (Don't worry, funny people will take over soon) :D
  • vert1go 10 months ago

Woo, Christian. If only Ellie were here too!

@joel

I hear you, but didn't we just see MS more or less run their Xbox ship aground after eight years of plain sailing. Just goes to show, things change all the time.

We all know Nintendo stuff sells loads, no doubt. But its like one bank making all the money, while others are like whatever, money to make elsewhere.

Wouldn't have to doom and gloom anything if they sorted themselves out.
  • skowhegan 10 months ago

@Ignatius_Cheese We're having a late lunch which feels like breakfast :)
  • joelstinton 10 months ago

Man that coffin GIF beats some of the Kaz ones doing the rounds, sublime! Just needs to be edited with Don Matrick getting into it
  • Ignatius_Cheese 10 months ago

Ah! Welcome Christian! :) Good to have you here for added comedic effect.
  • vert1go 10 months ago

The doom and gloom is nothing new. Happened with the Wii, the DS, and even more with the 3DS for over a year.
    A little over 6 months the Wii U has had so far - and it sold better at launch than anything except the previous best selling launch console.
  • Ignatius_Cheese 10 months ago

Are you the only staffer covering this, Tom? Is everyone else still in bed?
  • TonyHarrison 10 months ago

Nintendo's recovery job has been made easier by Microsoft.

Had both Sony and Microsoft knocked it out of the park this week, things would have been very different, but MS are intent on enforcing policies even more "draconian" than those Nintendo used to drag the industry out of the gaming crash.
  • spamdangled 10 months ago

@SpaceMonkey77 The Wii U flopping wouldn't be anywhere near enough to kill off Nintendo.
  • vert1go 10 months ago

Feel free to look up the top selling Wii games from those franchises vs any big PS3 or 360 franchise you care to name. Go on. Go right ahead. The difference is TENS OF MILLIONS more in some cases. So yeah, there's demand for those games. More than for any others. By a long way. On that "casual" console.
  • Ignatius_Cheese 10 months ago

@Skowhegan Some of us are having to wait til Friday to sample the delights of Animal Crossing... :(
  • joelstinton 10 months ago

@spacemonkey Ahh the logic of when nintendo do well its pure luck, when they do bad its entirely down to each minute detail and decision by nintendo.

Don't forgot the wii u comes of the back of 3 very succesful products. If they can turn it around, they can
  • SpaceMonkey77 10 months ago

Then more the fool you are. November is five month out, then Wii U is going to get tag teamed by both MS and Sony.

Underestimating Nintendo? They've done nothing to show why I shouldn't of late. Doesn't matter if Nintendo have all the money in Japan, if their Wii U isn't selling, its nothing but a door stop flop.
  • skowhegan 10 months ago

@Ignatius_Cheese Got it. Nintendo has fumbled Wii U so far, but Animal Crossing and the recent 3DS renaissance is making me very happy.
  • tiagoalmeida 10 months ago

Regie's yearbook picture? That's awesome :D
  • vert1go 10 months ago

(Minor correction -99.6m, not .06)
  • geminifly 10 months ago

Could they have not timed this to fit in better with the lunch interval at the cricket?
  • vert1go 10 months ago

Oh and by the way - those numbers happen to indicate real things. Facts are useful in this way.

@Spacemonkey77

You forget the absolute shit-tonne of money that Nintendo get from Pokemon licensing and their merchandise.
  • vert1go 10 months ago

Underestimating how big Mario Kart, SSB and Mario sells - always a good idea.

Yes. I do.
  • SpaceMonkey77 10 months ago

Lol, was only a matter of time til some fanboy wheels out the numbers, while selectively forgetting that Wii U is selling at a snails pace after six months.

Do you really, really think that's going to improve in the next six months? 3DS and certain Wii U games aside, overall I seriously doubt it.
  • joelstinton 10 months ago

Looking forward to this!
  • vert1go 10 months ago

I bet on Miiverse for 3DS "after this ends." (More wishful)
  • vert1go 10 months ago

Yeah they're screwed. Guaranteed system sellers and multimillion sellers like those, on top of that 99.06M selling previous console and the 3DS.

@SpaceMonkey77

How are they screwed? They're rolling in cash.
  • Ignatius_Cheese 10 months ago

@darkmorgado - Then you are more of a fool than useful :) Tom is the biggest Nintendo fanboy on the EG team. He's just jaded by their recent performance.
  • jasondonervan 10 months ago

Full SNES library available and ready to buy on eShop (Wii U and 3DS) immediately after conference finishes.

#IHaveADream
  • Ignatius_Cheese 10 months ago

I'm boycotting work until I've seen what Ninty have to offer. Depending on the results, my productivity may increase or decrease. The ball is in your court, Nintendo!
  • SpaceMonkey77 10 months ago

Nintendo are screwed on the home console front. Their suits must be sweating bullets.

And probably Yarn Yoshi.
  • vert1go 10 months ago

Along with the new Retro game which may or may not be Metroid.
  • spamdangled 10 months ago

I'm getting the distinct impression that Tom really bloody hates Nintendo. Hardly the sort of person I'd trust to provide open-minded commentary on this.
  • vert1go 10 months ago

Games we know are to be at E3; Mario Kart. Zelda WW HD. New 3D Mario. Expect alongside Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, NSLU.
  • Ignatius_Cheese 10 months ago

Given that Nintendo Direct is pre-recorded, unless they intersperse it with some live comments from the top bods, a reaction to the PS4 price is unlikely :(
  • introiboad 10 months ago

Nintendo need to make a big game splash here. At this point their project Cafe feels more diluted than what you get in German motorway rest stops.
  • bradking 10 months ago

Okay , thanks for the help! 45 Minutes to go .. :)

@Der_tolle_Emil

Miyamoto has said he has absolutely no plans at all for F-Zero anymore as he can't think of anything new to do with it that would justify a new entry.
  • Der_tolle_Emil 10 months ago

@bradking: If you had a system restore from a backup thats +-2 months old you might want to check your DST settings.
  • Der_tolle_Emil 10 months ago

Regarding price cuts: I don't see a direct price cut as something Nintendo would want to do - bundles, however, especially with their upcoming 1st party lineup sound much more likely though.
  • mentalabhoration 10 months ago

Will the stream work? don't make me listen to that awful waffling on IGN again please.
  • bradking 10 months ago

Yeah. My phone has the countdown correctly . i did have to change the time a few days ago as had system restore could that have affected the js ?
  • SpaceMonkey77 10 months ago

There's little Nintendo can do. They are last gen and have few games.
  • Der_tolle_Emil 10 months ago

@bradking: Timezone set correctly as well?
  • vert1go 10 months ago

I hear they're going to actually show footage of gameplay. I know, I know, a new idea but just bear with it...
  • jasondonervan 10 months ago

Please be excited.
  • bradking 10 months ago

the time on my pc is 14:08 . Exactly the same time as every other device i own :L
  • The12thMonkey 10 months ago

That Riker .gif has single handedly ruined my last ten minutes of productivity
  • jamyskis 10 months ago

I'm hoping that Nintendo don't botch this up. The console desperately needs some first-party class acts to build on the goodwill that it has garnered after the disaster that was the Xbox One.

If Nintendo get it right this done and they don't let Reggie's hubris get in the way of things, they have an ideal opportunity to become second-placed in this race.
  • kassmageant 10 months ago

Sold xbox' was going to buy ps 3 for the last of us, but since itlooks like gaikai for ps 4 will take care of that - you actually have a chance at grabbing my attention ninny, show watcha got gurl!

@bradking
    ---
    Why is e3.nintendo.com countdown stopped yet UK has to wait till 3pm ?
    ---

Because you have set your time wrong on your computer (countdown is javascript and reacts to your local time)
  • jamyskis 10 months ago

@Xboned

1) Agreed.
    2) Awesome name.
  • bradking 10 months ago

Why is e3.nintendo.com countdown stopped yet UK has to wait till 3pm ?
  • StooMonster 10 months ago

Nintendo 3DS XL with Animal Crossing is very much on my youngest's birthday wish list. But the household still hasn't seen any reason to want a Wii U yet ? perhaps the big N can change that this afternoon?
  • Darren 10 months ago

I think I will give this one a miss, just like I did the Wii U! :p
  • patriot 10 months ago

Dat .jpg :D
  • Xboned 10 months ago

Wii U , this is your chance to make a name for yourself, after all the kids laughed at you and called you ginger, go out there and let them know you won't be pushed around anymore.

@ShiftBreaker
    So, what are the chances of Nintendo finally setting up an account system?
    That has already been announced and confirmed quite a while ago. Of course, they haven't introduced it yet but they said that the WiiU/3DS shop will merge in every way possible by the end of 2013 (I think?)
  • TechnicPuppet 10 months ago

@Arsecake_Baker

I was non stop on Fire Emblem Awakening at the weekend. Never thought I would like a game like that but i'm a bit obsessed.
  • ShiftBreaker 10 months ago

So, what are the chances of Nintendo finally setting up an account system?
  • ollyn 10 months ago

I should have said Console showing because 3Ds showing has been top notch.
  • Der_tolle_Emil 10 months ago

If they show even the slightest bit of F-Zero they've "won" E3 as far as I am concerned.
  • ollyn 10 months ago

Not been really that hyped about nintendo but the closer it comes the more intrigued i become. Come on Nintendo get your arses in gear your showing in the last 12 months has been embarrassing heres your chance to set the record straight.
  • Der_tolle_Emil 10 months ago

Finally, some games! Also, Reggie is awesome.
  • Xboned 10 months ago

My wish list, Metroid, F-Zero, Starfox , and a glimpse of a new Zelda for Wii U.

I now instead I will get Mario Party 10, but I can dream
  • StooMonster 10 months ago

Nintendo have got an E3 conference? Wow, with all the Apple, Microsoft and Sony news yesterday I'd completely forgotten about the big N.
  • spamdangled 10 months ago

I'm really excited to see what they're cooking up for the new 3D Mario.
  • KuningasDon 10 months ago

Ps 4 and Wii U will find their places at my home very soon!
  • MPuzzlemanLives 10 months ago

I think a price cut is a sure thing after Sony's PS4 price release.
  • Arsecake_Baker 10 months ago

@TechnicPuppet

Same here, just recently bought back into handhelds with a 3DSXL and Monster Hunter, not been on the pc or console since!
  • smoothpete 10 months ago

I could do with a laugh
  • Psiloc 10 months ago

Don't see why they can't easily take second place. Good luck Ninty, my old friend.
  • Pacman8MyGhostkart 10 months ago

Price cut for Wii-U or early adopters plan.

One of those with Bayonetta 2 and the Wonderful 101 coming this Xmas may make me finally bite!
  • Pacman8MyGhostkart 10 months ago

It's that time again people.

Get hype for a presser that will (hopefully) be more in-game than CGI!
  • TechnicPuppet 10 months ago

Woop Woop. As a new 3DS owner(first time with Nintendo console) I have no idea what I want to see. But show me something good anyways.
  • Lethally-Obese 10 months ago

They'd better hit extremely hard on this one, or it's going to be an even more difficult story for them.

13:55 By Tom Phillips

Welcome to another E3 showing from Nintendo! This year we get a more low key pre-recorded Nintendo Direct broadcast rather than the usual fancypants conference.

13:57 By Tom Phillips

After Microsoft and Sony's squabbling we'll hopefully get to the main event - a chance to see Nintendo legend Shigeru Miyamoto cosplay as Link.

13:58 By Tom Phillips

13:59 By Tom Phillips

Nintendo of America ass-kicker Reggie will also surely make an appearance. If you don't watch he'll know.

13:59 By Tom Phillips

14:01 By Tom Phillips

A pre-recorded event will hopefully mean a showing without any Wii Remote technical problems or endless 4-player demos of Pac-Man Versus (remember that year?)

14:01 By Tom Phillips

14:04 By Tom Phillips

What will Nintendo call its next 3D Mario, then? Mario Galaxy 3 - no, wait, that's Sega's new Sonic game.

14:06 By Tom Phillips

14:08 By Tom Phillips

That's your man Reggie, Nintendo of America's Bill Trinen, European boss Satoru Shibata, Miyamoto and Iwata, there. Aonuma obviously had trouble getting his Black Widow costume on.

MPuzzlemanLives says:

I think a price cut is a sure thing after Sony's PS4 price release.

14:11 By Tom Phillips

Retailers are already selling the Wii U at huge discount in the UK, some as low as £199. Will Nintendo make this official, or throw in a couple of extra games?

14:13 By Tom Phillips

Hey Nintendo, announce a new Retro Studios-developed Metroid game and I'll let you off the £300 I spent back last November.

14:14 By Tom Phillips

Ignatius_Cheese says:

14:25 By Tom Phillips

The conference won't just be about Wii U, of course. 3DS has lots to look forward to, including a new Zelda: Link to the Past sequel, Pokémon X/Y and its own version of Smash Bros.

14:25 By Christian Donlan

Advance Wars. Please?

14:25 By Tom Phillips

Perhaps even a 3DS XXL with an integrated Circle Pad, too?

14:34 By Martin Robinson

Dare to dream...

Eldritch says:

Axelay 2.

14:37 By Christian Donlan

What are the chances of a Retro-made Stunt Race FX?

14:42 By Martin Robinson

I paid £80 for Stunt Race FX when it came out. Such a mug.

14:44 By Christian Donlan

Tetrisphere. Now there is a game.

14:44 By Christian Donlan

No regrets.

14:46 By Christian Donlan

@Erp - REALLY?! That is genuinely exciting to hear.

14:46 By Christian Donlan

Surely Tetrisphere would be amazing in 3D, too.

14:51 By Christian Donlan

@Skith666 - as long as you aren't a surgeon, I think you'll be okay.

14:52 By Christian Donlan

Or a pilot.

14:55 By Christian Donlan

@Erp - I'm on it. Thanks so much!

15:01 By Christian Donlan

We're in! Pokemon X and Y.

15:02 By Christian Donlan

My favourite chromosomes.

15:02 By Christian Donlan

The leaks were true! Fairy Pokemon.

15:02 By Christian Donlan

Take that Dragon Pokemon.

15:03 By Christian Donlan

I saw a man eating a bag of Walkers with a pair of chopsticks the other day.

Mr.Spo says:

Yeah, EG's feed isn't working. http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/
Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-
Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.ht
ml

15:05 By Christian Donlan

New 3D Mario.

15:05 By Christian Donlan

Looks 3D Landish.

15:06 By Christian Donlan

Super Mario 3D World for Wii U.

15:07 By Christian Donlan

Four players in a 3D world. Mario Luigi Toad and Princess Peach.

15:07 By Christian Donlan

Toad is faster, for example.

15:07 By Christian Donlan

Co-op or competition.

15:08 By Christian Donlan

New power-up: Cat Mario. He is sick everywhere and ruins armchairs.

15:08 By Christian Donlan

Not really - can climb walls and scratch enemies.

15:08 By Christian Donlan

Out in December.

15:08 By Tom Phillips

Mario Kart for Wii U next!

15:09 By Tom Phillips

Looks like it has vertical walls, and wheels which can turn round to grab different surfaces.

15:10 By Tom Phillips

Of course there's a Princess Peach's Castle level.

15:10 By Tom Phillips

And it's called... Mario Kart 8!

15:11 By Martin Robinson

Mario Kart 8's coming out in Spring 2014.

15:11 By Robert Purchese

It's not just racing other players but sharing the fun with other people around the world. Mario Kart 8 will launch in spring 2014.

15:12 By Martin Robinson

And, in far less exciting news, it's a new Mario Party.

15:12 By Martin Robinson

Wii Party U a mix of party games, naturally - it's at least a good workout for the GamePad.

15:12 By Martin Robinson

It was intended for release this summer - but it's being pushed back to an undisclosed date.

15:12 By Martin Robinson

ALSO DELAYED! Wii Fit U.

15:13 By Martin Robinson

Being delayed for new features.

15:13 By Martin Robinson

And another apology from Iwata. Maybe they should announce that you can play used games on the Wii U seeing as that's a feature now?

15:14 By Martin Robinson

On to the Miiverse now.

15:14 By Martin Robinson

There's a new instalment of Art Academy but - this is a trend here - it's not near completion.

15:15 By Martin Robinson

But the drawing tool developed for it will be available on the eShop this summer.

15:15 By Martin Robinson

Giving Miiverse creations another boost.

15:15 By Martin Robinson

I'm already in awe of what's on the Miiverse. This is actually quite exciting.

15:16 By Martin Robinson

Also Dan in the office has just noticed how intense Iwata's eyebrows are.

15:16 By Martin Robinson

Running through third-party offerings now - there's Batman: Arkham Origins, on Wii U and 3DS.

15:17 By Martin Robinson

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut, Just Dance and Disney Infinity.

15:17 By Martin Robinson

Scribblenauts DC, again on Wii U and 3DS, and Disney's Planes.

15:18 By Martin Robinson

Blacklist is coming on August 21st, and Sonic Galaxy - sorry, Sonic Lost World - is due this year.

15:18 By Martin Robinson

All stuff we knew about, but it's a sizeable list nevertheless.

15:19 By Martin Robinson

This could be an announcement of sorts - Nintendo's support of indies, which is already fairly strong, is rumoured to be bolstered soon.

15:19 By Martin Robinson

There's DuckTales, Dungeons and Dragons. Wait, these aren't indies? Sorry, they're digital downloads.

15:20 By Martin Robinson

Scram Kitty and Shovel Knight and Spin the Bottle - now they're proper indies.

15:20 By Martin Robinson

Legend of Zelda Wind Waker now.

15:21 By Martin Robinson

There's a new video. It's HD, obviously. Some of the purity of the original's cel-shading's been lost, though, and I can't help but feel sad about that.

15:21 By Martin Robinson

The bloom that we saw in our first look's been toned down, mind, and this looks a lot more convincing.

15:22 By Martin Robinson

Will they be restoring the infamous missing dungeons?

15:22 By Martin Robinson

The Wii U version runs at 1080p.

15:23 By Martin Robinson

And there have been adjustments to the game....

15:24 By Martin Robinson

Right now, they're just announcing that the Tingle Tuner - previously accessed by hooking up a GBA to the GameCube - is aped by the GamePad. Kind of - you can now post to MiiVerse with the Tingle Tuner.

15:24 By Martin Robinson

Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD is due in October.

15:24 By Martin Robinson

Wonderful 101 now, which is out before then.

15:24 By Christian Donlan

Ohhh BOY. Back in time for WOnderful 101.

15:25 By Christian Donlan

Lovely hit-pause in this one. It feels like you're chewing through baddies.

15:25 By Martin Robinson

Which is out on August 23rd over here. Not long to wait!

15:25 By Christian Donlan

Do go on Twitter and ask Kamiya if Bayonetta's going to end up in Smash Bros, BTW. That always turns out well.

15:26 By Christian Donlan

The spirit of Viewtiful Joe is alive and well.

15:26 By Martin Robinson

There'll be a Wonderful 101 dedicated Direct soon.

15:27 By Martin Robinson

A new Kong game. Exciting, but please tell me this isn't what Retro's been up to all this time.

15:27 By Christian Donlan

Is this what Retro's been up to? Adding jelly to Donkey Kong?

15:28 By Christian Donlan

Donkey Kong's island has been over-run by vikings.

15:28 By Martin Robinson

It'll be the first Donkey Kong in HD.

15:28 By Martin Robinson

And you can see his fur flowing! I don't want to see the Retro logo anywhere near this, though.

15:29 By Martin Robinson

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, coming out later this year.

15:29 By Martin Robinson

Oh well, we're about to see Bayonetta from the... front? Say what Iwata?

15:30 By Martin Robinson

She's got shorter hair. The camera's still a total perv too.

15:31 By Christian Donlan

Ulp. Looks like Donkey Kong is being made by Retro.

15:31 By Martin Robinson

Yeah, short hair is a feature.

15:31 By Martin Robinson

Just heard that Donkey Kong is being developed by Retro....

15:31 By Christian Donlan

Maybe Nintendo has asked Double Helix to make the new Metroid.

15:31 By Martin Robinson

Oh well. Bayonetta 2 looks great in action.

15:32 By Christian Donlan

Topical.

15:32 By Martin Robinson

It's dead. As is my heart right now.

Progguitarist says:

Where is METROID

15:33 By Martin Robinson

On the plus side, Monolithsoft's RPG looks absolutely marvellous.

15:33 By Martin Robinson

The goal's to create a large scale open world, says Iwata.

15:34 By Martin Robinson

Leaning on the experience from Xenoblade.

15:34 By Christian Donlan

Monolithsoft's working on a large-scale open world. Wii U. Robots and dinosaurs.

15:34 By Christian Donlan

2014. Please stay tuned.

15:34 By Martin Robinson

Robots, big arse monsters and an amazing open world. A 2014 release.

15:34 By Christian Donlan

ONE FINAL GAME.

15:34 By Martin Robinson

Smash Bros. to take us home.

15:35 By Christian Donlan

Tell me that Nook Jerk is in Smash Bros.

15:35 By Martin Robinson

If you could smackdown Nook that would indeed be a thing.

15:35 By Christian Donlan

Can you hit someone with Link's train?

15:36 By Christian Donlan

Metroid. Too soon, Nintendo. Too soon.

15:36 By Christian Donlan

VILLAGER!

15:36 By Martin Robinson

Alright, you can play as the villager from Animal Crossing.

15:36 By Christian Donlan

Super Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U. Knock over trees!

15:36 By Martin Robinson

Mega Man's in it this time.

15:37 By Christian Donlan

Lordy, and Mega Man's in it too.

15:37 By Martin Robinson

But yeah, the villager from Animal Crossing! Exciting, right?

15:38 By Christian Donlan

Smash Bros website and Miiverse community opening today by the sounds of it.

15:38 By Martin Robinson

Being released in 2014.

15:38 By Christian Donlan

Sorry Martin!

15:39 By Martin Robinson

Don't forget that Retro's making a new game! Oh, and it's a new Donkey Kong. Yeah, that wasn't all that.

Pro_wrestler says:

15:39 By Christian Donlan

Hmm. Some lovely stuff in there, but some real disappointments too.

15:39 By Christian Donlan

Mario looks great, but I think a lot of us were hoping for a Galaxy follow-up of some kind.

15:40 By Christian Donlan

And no Metroid.

15:40 By Christian Donlan

There's always Gamescom?

15:40 By Martin Robinson

That's the end of the conferences. There's plenty more to come from E3, of course.

15:40 By Martin Robinson

Oli's going to be checking out Nintendo's games later today, and will be giving you his impressions soon.

15:40 By Christian Donlan

By this point, Nintendo might as well call its E3 press event: There's Always Gamescom.

15:41 By Martin Robinson

Plus there's plenty more to discover from Sony and Microsoft et al.

Sid-Nice says:

When does this start?

15:42 By Martin Robinson

@Sid-Nice come back in 12 months and maybe they'll have something?

15:45 By Martin Robinson

Well, that old Zelda game looked nice, didn't it?

15:49 By Martin Robinson

It's not looking like a great Christmas for Nintendo - going up against two new consoles with a ten-year-old Zelda and a Mario that, quite honestly, looks rushed.

15:54 By Martin Robinson

Sorry, just had to go and wipe away the tears, which seems to be something of a tradition when it comes to Nintendo at E3 lately. Anyway, that's a wrap. Hope you can join us here for the rest of the show!

16:01 By Christian Donlan

Still! At least we learned there's a Tetrisphere clone on Android, right?