Live: Nintendo Direct E3 Conference Finished

Happy Nintendo day! Now the shouting's done between Microsoft and Sony - with a little chorus on either side supplied by Ubisoft and EA - it's time to sink back and enjoy the relatively mellow charms of Nintendo's E3 slate. There's no conference this year, though the Nintendo Direct that's kicking off at 3pm BST this afternoon is pretty much a like for like replacement.

What will its stance on DRM and used games be? Oh wait, we already know that. As we do what it's likely to show, with a new 3D Mario and Mario Kart slated to make an appearance, as well as the first trailer for the new Smash Bros. game.

Beyond that, there's some hope that we'll see Bayonetta 2 in action, and a somewhat slimmer chance that Nintendo finally reveals what Retro Studios has been working on these past few years. Can we expect a Wii U price-cut as well, and are there any surprises in store for the Nintendo 3DS? The EG team will be taking you through the show from 3pm BST, so join us for reasoned commentary and a few overexcited yelps.

Latest comments (647)

• majaha05 2 years ago

William. although Sarah`s comment is super, last monday I got themselves a Bugatti Veyron after having made $6244 this-past/4 weeks and even more than $10k lass month. it's certainly the easiest job I have ever done. I started this three months/ago and practically straight away made myself more than $71... p/h. I follow the instructions here, Detail Here
  • Uncompetative 2 years ago

Rich. Colourful. Sexy. Fun.

All presented by the most polite suit ever.

The Japanese deserve to win this generation.
  • memeroot 2 years ago

@iamnormal

I also have a olympus eyetreck from years back :-)
  • darkreactor 2 years ago

Wish I didn't watch this, I might have to buy a Wii U now to tide me over until the PS4 comes out. argggg Damn you nintendo
  • iamnormal 2 years ago

@memeroot - you have an Oculus Rift? That just seems unlikely.
  • iamnormal 2 years ago

It just feels so much like the days of the dreamcast.
  • iamnormal 2 years ago

Oh Nintendo. You poor old bean.
  • memeroot 2 years ago

i have an occulus rift... as well as a wii u

not realy living in the past

I just think 350 is to much for a console.

@memeroot

You are living in the past. Get with the times or you will be forgotten. People buy iPads every year for £400-500 sight unseen. Similar passionate gamers will do the same for brand new consoles with decade lifespans. In the grand scheme of things £349-429 are not that bad.
  • memeroot 2 years ago

ninty recognise that a console is a console and should be cheap

150 quid!

not 400 quid (or even 350)

just give me the games
  • memeroot 2 years ago

and
    5-Gaming-PC-Computer-4Ghz-Quad-C
    ore-4Gb-DDR3-2x-1TB-GTX-560-Win-
    7-/251262880044?pt=UK_Computing_
    DesktopPCs&hash=item3a806f492c

is better than a ps4
  • memeroot 2 years ago

reading through the comments....

I'm clearly on the wrong website
  • SpaceMonkey77 2 years ago

Don't make excuses for them. Big N made their own bed with Wii U. They could have afforded a stronger system that would attract more support, but saving a pretty penny was more important to them.

Its pretty simple. Gaming is not a charity, its a business. If a company can't put their dukes up to attract customers, they need to reassess their business. This counts for MS as much as Nintendo.

MS issues with Xbox will be their anvil weighing them down against Sony, so may change.
  • memeroot 2 years ago

oh and bayonetta 2

just take my money

(and thanks for the frontal shot)
  • memeroot 2 years ago

I want to play these games more than anything else Ive seen

presentation was genius also :)
  • Pandy 2 years ago

Also, at least Nintendo SHOWED SOME ACTUAL GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE!!! Which was nice.
  • Pandy 2 years ago

Mario Kart 8 and X were the highlights for me. They looked like games that'll quite happily sit alongside the next-gen stuff on other consoles (read PS4). I look forward to seeing what the talented Miiverse people can do with those impressive looking drawing tools. Otherwise, a bit of a wash out. Don't forget though that Nintendo kept its best goodies for TGS last year, so we'll likely get more new announcements then.
  • hopelesswriter 2 years ago

So disappointing - really regretting picking up the Wii U at launch...
  • electrolite 2 years ago

Still a more likely purchase for me than the new XBox though, so it's not all bad!
  • MickleMackle 2 years ago

man i have no idea why im seeing all these comments about boring yawn give us something new, i have never been so excited in my life! Pikmin ive been craving for years, same with pokemon and zelda, i love what their doing with donkey kong, Ive never understood this idea that Nintendo has to compete with Sony or Microsoft, nintendo games have always been a completely different experience than xbox/playstation, theyre not supposed to be the same as them! and i love all 3!
  • electrolite 2 years ago

(runs in the door)

"right, I've been in work all day, what did I miss?"

(starts clicking)

"I'm not going to early adopt with Sony or MS, so I'm really interested in a Wii U purchase if the games coming out this year are exciting"

(looks confused)
    (clicks)
    (click click click)

"That can't be it? Where's the rest of it?"

"Oh"
  • Sid-Nice 2 years ago

@Rodriguez
    I was thinking of holding off buying the PS4 until 2014 as there wasn't much in the launch line-up that tickled my fancy. This is "One hell of a drought Nintendo" I might start a campaign to save the Wii U; I?m busy composing the song as I type.

It?s Christmas time
    There?s still no games for the Wii U
    At Christmas time
    When you?re twiddling you?re thumbs with fuck all to do
    And in our world of consoles we can spread a smile joy
    Develop some Wii U games this Christmas time
    But say a prayer pray for the other ones
    At Christmas time on the PS4 and Xbox One they will be having fun
    There?s a kid outside your window and it?s a kid that got a Wii U
    Where they only new game for his console came out in 2002
    And the only bells ringing with this game will be messages from Tingle
    Well tonight thank God it?s them instead of you
    And there won?t be games on the Wii U this Christmas time
    The greatest game they?ll get this year is Mario oh, oh, oh
    Where nothing will ever change same old IP?s same old games
    Do they know the Wii U exist at all?
    Here?s to you create a game for the Wii U
    Here?s to gamer?s with fuck all to do
    Do they know that Wii U exits at all?
    Chorus: Feed the Wii U let them know that it plays games
  • trebellk 2 years ago

very very boring but still beats ms by virtue of not screwing consumers rights.
  • chriscourtois 2 years ago

Mario, more Mario and an old Zelda game. Sigh... where's your courage gone, Nintendo?!
  • Resurrected-X460 2 years ago

Even though I'm defo getting a ps4, but I wish the best for nintendo! A really great company, and if it wasn't for them we wouldn't have been here in gaming. they've transformed gaming into a culture. The only thing about them that I don't like is their policy with limiting demos and their super decisions as of late.
  • orle 2 years ago

I thought it was great and I thoroughly enjoyed it, I'm also very excited now.
  • feeg86 2 years ago

Christ, it's like living the same year over and over with Nintendo.
  • SpaceMonkey77 2 years ago

Star Fox V, 1080 Snowsports, a new Waverace. a new F Zero, new Pilotwings or Stunt Race 2 and some new brand spanking original games.

It seems Wonderful 101 is as original as we get. That's sad.

@laughs at fightma5b2

Really, you'd rather have system on dying legs that a new one to last another decade. Okay, next!
  • frazzl 2 years ago

Rayman Legends is multi-platform and I have never liked the Pikmin games. It's been less than a year since Mario was released when the Wii U launched and we don't need another one so soon. Sonic does look nice though and I will be picking it up. But in my opinion there's far too little out there for the Wii U especially in terms of exclusives. Why would I buy a multi-platform on the Wii U when I can get it for my 360 and play it with my controller of choice?
  • fightman5b2 2 years ago

Wii U may well be shite, but id still have one over Xbone any day of the week.
  • seeyoshirun 2 years ago

@frazzl Oh. Yay. It's you again. I'm assuming you don't like playing video games with people. I'm getting Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, Mario, DK, 101 and Sonic before the end of the year, plus a number of interesting-looking indie games, by the look of things. Nearly all of them support what looks to be some really awesome local multi, which is one of the most important things to me by far.
  • SBandy 2 years ago

I really, really wanted Starfox. Just hope Nintendo have a surprise or two in store.
  • deported 2 years ago

youtube watch?v=nLgiSuosdNU
  • frazzl 2 years ago

@seeyoshirun What exactly should we be happy about. Nintendo have only announced 3 (or 4) titles to be released this year in this presentation: a remake of a 10 year old game, another Mario (there've been too many released in the last few years), another DK Country title and Wonderful 101. Couple that with lack luster third party support and it's no wonder people are dsappointed.
  • telboy007 2 years ago

Not enough FPSes
  • Mr-Writer 2 years ago

WiiU

*cringe
  • seeyoshirun 2 years ago

Am I the only person on EG who was actually happy with that? Maybe I'm the only one who likes playing video games with other people. In the same room.

The one thing I wasn't thrilled with was Wind Waker HD, although if they *do* include the lost dungeons that would completely change my mind.

But seriously, what exactly did you people want from them? They had a few curveballs in with the titles they know will sell systems - people have been calling for Mario/Smash/etc. for ages.
  • Rhaegyr 2 years ago

DamDai and Cobalt - who are you trying to convince here?
  • Cobalt_Jackal 2 years ago

Same old shit year after year....Its the Nintendo way.
  • TheEarlOfZinger 2 years ago

Mario/mariokart/zelda/smash bros/Donkey Kong

It's the same old shit year after year.
  • Mikeeeboy1 2 years ago

At least kiss me before you fuck me Nintendo!
    How utterly underwhelming and poor that was.
    Now I'm stuck with a paper weight for another six months until you release some more games.
    Nevermind bowing to me for my patience you should be down on your knees blowing me for your monumental fuck up that is Wii U!?!?
  • frazzl 2 years ago

It worked for them last time and they foolishly thought it would work again. Once bitten, twice shy ;)
  • Kami 2 years ago

Whole thing was lazy and sloppy really, very unlike Nintendo. Perhaps this Direct thing isn't a good idea, because if it encourages this level of sedate information drip-feeding, then it's only going to frustrate more than it appeases...
  • SpaceMonkey77 2 years ago

Its true what some say which is that much of the true original games we used to get from Nintendo, now come from indie devs. They are brave enough to try new things and gamble on them, when not rich in money. Shocking to see Nintendo don't seem to care anymore. Pretty soon they might well be like Sega, pushing out Sonic on his wheelchair every now and then to sell (Sonic Lost World does look good mind, a shame it and Bayonetta are only on Wii U though.

Skip to 38:45
  • Pacman8MyGhostkart 2 years ago

If you go to the link below of Nintendo's stream it has a brief booth walkthrough at the end.

You can see the full title of the sequel to A Link to the Past; it is called "The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds".

Also the new Yoshi's Island is called "Yoshi's New Island".

3D1I5s236o
  • albo 2 years ago

As a wii u owner that was underwhelming... especially given what we saw at yesterday's conferences
  • Cobalt_Jackal 2 years ago

@DamDai they exist by playing on the nostalgia of old timers/man children and appealing to little kids.
  • Mister-Wario 2 years ago

@Keresky I don't even think that it's the hardware: look at what they accomplished with Super Mario Galaxy. It just seems to be a mindset that the game designs of the 80s are the only ones worth preserving. Why is it so important that we get have a return to SMB 2? Why is it so important to have more linear Mario games?
  • Rhaegyr 2 years ago

wow, a lot of hate on Nintendo here, some need to simmer down
  • peasoup 2 years ago

Nintendo seem so apprehensive now days, unwilling to move away from key franchises. In this world of identikit fps we need Nintendo to be bold....makes me sad
  • Keresky 2 years ago

@kinky_mong No need for valium. This stream was sleep-inducing enough already.
  • Keresky 2 years ago

@simsini I'd rather have wall-to-wall grey textures than yet another goddamned Mario Kart. But given the half-assed hardware they have to work with, I guess you can't blame Nintendo for just re-heating the same old crap.
  • Cobalt_Jackal 2 years ago

Sony's reaction to Nintndo's E3 Direct Conference...

• neoturfmaster 2 years ago

Maybe I'll just dig out my SNES for xmas this year. No DRM! Healthy second hand market! Actual games available for purchase in 2013! *sigh*
  • simsini 2 years ago

All games seem to be competing to be darker (in colour as well as gameplay) than they were before. Nintendo are the only ones being different, by being the same.
  • albo 2 years ago

New trailer and name for zelda 3DS EG, cant beleive thsi wasn't in the direct : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q
    AluniNRibs
  • simsini 2 years ago

I found it exicting to see some games being made that don't just feature various levels of grey textures.
  • Mister-Wario 2 years ago

@simsini That's alright :)
  • frazzl 2 years ago

@Damdai I am not disagreeing with you. I am disappointed as well. The 2 titles that interest me the most (Bayonetta 2 and the Monolith RPG) are due next year and have been shown before. I haven't bought a game for my Wii U since getting Mario and Zombie U at launch. It looks like I'll be adding Wind Waker (which I have already finished on the GC) and another Mario this year. Which sucks to be honest.

@Lince

Sorry dude, that's no excuse. They sit on billions of yen. They could by studios and get a wider selection of games, but they are addicted to looking at their high bank balance.

If they like money and hate risk, might be a time to leave home consoles alone.
  • pooKy1979 2 years ago

This makes me so sad. It's like they've just given up. Where was Metroid, F-Zero ANYTHING!! C'mon guys. :-(
  • Cobalt_Jackal 2 years ago

Sony do what NintenDON'T...
  • Irvyne 2 years ago

(sigh)
    Wildly disappointed. My stream skipped, and when it returned and I was watching footage of the new Mario, I thought, "Oh, okay. A new 3DS game. We didn't need ANOTHER Mario game, but oh well, looks pretty cool."
    When I found out it was actually the WiiU Mario, I saw red.
    I'm sure it will be fun, as will the new Donkey Kong, but WHERE'S THE NEW STUFF?? Smash Bros. looks exactly the same. (albeit with Mega Man - an awesome addition)
  • simsini 2 years ago

@Mister-Wario Apologies. I guess I should have aimed that at everyone. I can't see how any console is worth the money when none of them bring anything new that is worthwhile.
  • SegaBlueSky 2 years ago

Dammit Nintendo, you just had to put Mega Man in Smash Bros, didn't you? No interest in the Wii U whatsoever until I saw that trailer!
  • Mister-Wario 2 years ago

@simsini I'm not interested in any of the consoles at this point. Don't be so quick to assume condemnation of one console is automatically praise for another.
  • Lince 2 years ago

I will spend that money solely for the new Killzone game
  • SpaceMonkey77 2 years ago

Oh well, that's Nintendo that will be largely bypassed by many soon.

One day, Nintendo will be up for competition and progress but that'll probably be when I turn 50. I can't wait for them to get their act together. May buy a 3DS but other than that its all PC, iOS, MS and Sony.
  • Lince 2 years ago

Wii U has nothing like Infamous or even The Last of Us / Uncharted, games people hype not only kids with cute graphics, this is, my daughter smiled watching the Mario gameplay, it's too cute for adults even if gameplay is somewhat fun.
  • simsini 2 years ago

@Mister-Wario So what is there to get excited about? Why would anyone spend £349 or £429 on a new console this Christmas?
  • Lethally-Obese 2 years ago

Nintendo: Always a disappointment.
  • abacabb 2 years ago

@damdai nintendo are a wealthier company than nike
  • frazzl 2 years ago

I wonder if Stanton would think his quote "This is not a new generation, but a lick of paint on the same old rope - except this time, the seller keeps hold of one end. It beggars belief that this can be sold as innovation." is as applicable to Nintendo as he thought it was to MS.
  • Cobalt_Jackal 2 years ago

@albo Nintendo are re-defining gaming xD lol
  • Mister-Wario 2 years ago

@simsini how do you know we were getting excited about shooters? I thought most of the games Sony was showing us looked pretty naff. My most anticipated Playstation game right now is Puppeteer.
  • SidiousCyanide 2 years ago

@albo lol
  • Lince 2 years ago

they could have had hardware similar to that of PS4 for the same money Wii U did cost at launch, they should have delayed the launch to compete with MS/Sony
  • simsini 2 years ago

There were many, many great games on all of those consoles. Did you play any of them?
  • albo 2 years ago

well look on the bright side, at least i can play as a fat Italian plumber midget dressed in a cat suit on my wii u. Happy days.
  • peasoup 2 years ago

@simsini it's because we know what Nintendo are capable of. Yet they continue to insult us.
  • DacoitOne 2 years ago

Nintendo was once the brother I looked up to and admired and couldn't wait to hang around with. Now he's the brother with no job and no aspirations who tells you he will leave the house next month, or maybe the month after that. :(
  • SidiousCyanide 2 years ago

When you think about it, there was only really a handful of great games on the Wii, Gamecube, N64, I reckon it'll be the same for the Wii U.
  • frazzl 2 years ago

@DamDai New as in a new release, not new as in not shown to the public before.
  • rmjo 2 years ago

So did you guys forget about Earthbound already? ;) That'll keep me busy until the new Monolith RPG. But yeah...Wii U is kind of rushed.
  • Cobalt_Jackal 2 years ago

Dissappointment at all that wasted potential & re-hashed repetitive crap they serve up.
  • Lince 2 years ago

not taking back their DS and 3DS consoles are absolutely brilliant, but the Wii U is nothing but a dust magnet at this point.
  • simsini 2 years ago

It just grates on me that everyone seemed so excited yesterday when all we got was yet another open world game or yet another shooter. When Nintendo do the same thing they always get criticised.
  • Pro_wrestler 2 years ago

What do Nintendo even do with their money? Get those games out! Start up another studuo! Buy some exclusives!
  • Cobalt_Jackal 2 years ago

@DamDai Too true man, too true
  • frazzl 2 years ago

It's a shame the best titles they showed are due next year. The Wii U is really hurting for new titles
  • DacoitOne 2 years ago

So the Wii U is being released in 2014 then?
  • Lince 2 years ago

that old Zelda is the only Wii U game for 2013 Holidays... a bit sad and of course Wii U will get trounced by PS4/Xbox One... what are they thinking ? are they going full portable gaming ?
  • albo 2 years ago

i was hoping for more info and added content on zelda. what they showed people pretty much predicted
  • Keresky 2 years ago

@darkmorgado Are you high? Literally every single goddamned game Nintendo showed was a rehash of an already ancient franchise.
  • Pro_wrestler 2 years ago

This was just another Nintendo Direct. There was absolutely nothing that made this episode stand out from the others.
  • SidiousCyanide 2 years ago

Gotta be honest, wasn't really expecting Nintendo to rock my socks.

3d mario footage here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4
    uGyWnN7QHY
  • Sniper_007 2 years ago

So disappointing. I wasn't even hoping for new IP, but just a relaunch of a few old IPs. F-Zero, Starfox, even Wave Race. Something to make us remember why we used to love our old Nintendo consoles rather than even more delays!
    I have never regretted buying a console before, but this time I can't feel anything but disappointment :(
  • albo 2 years ago

the only surprise (well somewhat) was DK tropical breeze.

@darkmorgado
  • SpaceMonkey77 2 years ago

It just finished, but somewhere will have a playback of it.

No wonder they didn't want to get on stage. Makes sense now. This makes me sad.
  • Mister-Wario 2 years ago

@simsini No, we wanted either new games are established IPs that tried to shake up their older ideas. Like Super Mario Galaxy. Nothing about shooters at all.
  • Cobalt_Jackal 2 years ago

im 18 actually and you can stop with your arrogant, condecending tone. Nintendo's line up was poor not much else there really..Only a fanboy(which you clearly are but deny)would say otherwise..
  • Lince 2 years ago

so sad my most anticipated Wii U game is some old Zelda remake you can already play on Dolphin emulator @1440p... 2014 titles too far off, Nintendo and Microsoft are quitting gaming business, it's all Sony again.
  • TechnicPuppet 2 years ago

In among the constant Xbox bashing you seem to have forgotten an article about the PS4 online being behind a paywall.
  • vizzini 2 years ago

It was like turning up for a medical with hamstring injury. Nintendo our now Ruud van Nistelrooy.
  • DacoitOne 2 years ago

Anyone who says Nintendo's show was better than MS or Sony are of their trolleys. Seriously. Disappoint to the max.
  • albo 2 years ago

Where can i watch the e3 coverage nintendo just mentioed at the end of the direct?

No new nintendo IP.
    Lots and lots of nostalgia game remakes.

When did they become so risk averse?
  • Pro_wrestler 2 years ago

I can't believe that I am actually considering buying the hardware nightmare that is Xbox One. It seems to be the only console with games.
  • SidiousCyanide 2 years ago

I bet those 2014 games will come late in the year.

@Hotcooler

Nintendo is publishing Bayonetta 2, if it wasn't for them there wouldn't even be a sequel.
  • simsini 2 years ago

It seems as if some people here just wanted the same generic shooters. Interesting to see some only coming in at the end with insults. I thought it was excellent overall, and although the delays are annoying, we know there are great things to come.
  • Rodriguez 2 years ago

@Sid-Nice

It starts in 2014.
  • seeyoshirun 2 years ago

I'm gathering Eurogamer isn't Nintendo's crowd. Personally I want most of the games announced.

And I don't see how making most of their games open-world/QTE/shooter makes the other companies more innovative.
  • harryisme 2 years ago

Ustream sucks, can't watch anything because it's constantly buffering and and jumping all over the place, do we not have any other streaming providers? Sony conference was just as bad, though not as bad as this.
  • SpaceMonkey77 2 years ago

Did say it wasn't going to be much. That was a poor line up. They seem to think it s okay so good for them.

No F Zero, Waverace, Blastcorps etc. Lacks imagination and too much safety.
  • Sid-Nice 2 years ago

When does this start?

@Cobalt_Jackal

"More of the same old shite...No thanks i'll pass."

You're 16. You don't even know what Old is. I've got clothes older than you.
  • stevethemeat 2 years ago

Some good stuff, still waiting for a true follow up to Mario 64.
  • Der_tolle_Emil 2 years ago

A bit too many mentions of 2014 but other than that pretty solid. Of course, as always, no real surprises but otherwise stellar line up. Also: MEGA MAN!!
  • Mister-Wario 2 years ago

It was okay...nothing compelling to my mind. Very nostalgic and looking to the past for inspiration. I'm sure there's more to it than that, especially in stuff like Smash Bros, but as it stands I have no interest in Wii U whatsoever.
  • atomicjuicer 2 years ago

No Metroid - well this makes my PS4 purchase decision even easier! Maybe a 3ds Metroid will come some day
  • Pro_wrestler 2 years ago

How could Nintendo possibly have fucked up this generation more! They needed to come out with the big guns today. They announced nothing!
  • SidiousCyanide 2 years ago

Yeah.... I think I'll still end up getting a PS4 for Xmas...
  • JayScott 2 years ago

I was not expecting much but quite enjoyed that.
  • DacoitOne 2 years ago

It's as if they WANT the Wii U to die.....
  • Seuachi 2 years ago

PS4 is going to be next gen's gaming console!
  • Sir_Brightington_III 2 years ago

Eh, kind of underwhelming. I'll just have to hope Bayonetta 2 goes multiplatform at some point (even though I know it won't).
  • Cadence 2 years ago

The new 3D Mario game was the only thing there that got my interest. That and the Xenoblades thing.

Nah, we were hoping for a fully open world 64 style mario ;_;
  • Hotcooler 2 years ago

Well to be honest I really want to play Bayonetta... I loved the first one. And they have really bad choice of platform sadly. I fear I wont be able to find a living soul that has Wii U...
  • LukehMuse 2 years ago

I look forward to seeing these games again at next year's E3
  • makeamazing 2 years ago

They know what they are doing wrong, but they continue to do it... they will get their rewards for that.
  • Baihu1983 2 years ago

Wii U still a no buy for me.
  • gamefan 2 years ago

If Nintendo made a game called 2014, it would probably come out in 2016
  • Psiloc 2 years ago

*crickets*
  • Cobalt_Jackal 2 years ago

Not impressed in the slightest tbh..Nintendo must try harder.
  • Seuachi 2 years ago

LOL @Keresky
  • NotSoSlim 2 years ago

People happy with that? Most are out next year. Pointless

No price cut either
  • ryohazuki1983 2 years ago

Some of the games look decent, missed MK and 3D world, but 2014 release dates s too far off
  • frazzl 2 years ago

I missed the beginning so what exactly is due this year? Please don't tell me it's only Pikmin, Mario Kart and Zelda?
  • Lince 2 years ago

no Metroid... whatever happened to this franchise, man this was alright, most titles are 2014 but oh well I can wait while playing PC & PS4, but no Metroid breaks my heart...
  • Lethally-Obese 2 years ago

Nintendo was BY FAR the worst. By faaaaaaaaaaaar.
  • crooky369 2 years ago

I assume Pokemon was on 3DS?
  • atomicjuicer 2 years ago

PS4 wins
  • Cadence 2 years ago

Where's Metroid, where's a new Zelda, F-Zero!
  • jimboton 2 years ago

too little, much too late
  • Keresky 2 years ago

Pathetic, but about what I expected from Nintendo: re-heated versions of the same four franchises they've been flogging for about 20+ years.
  • SpaceMonkey77 2 years ago

More Mario. More Mario Kart.
  • DacoitOne 2 years ago

wait its over??? WE SAW NOTHING!
  • makeamazing 2 years ago

@simsini what Stolen the worst show award from MS?
  • Nevflinn 2 years ago

Hot damn, Megaman looks class. I'm stoked for Smash U!
  • mal 2 years ago

Now why couldn't the Sony show have been this short?
  • JayScott 2 years ago

Mega Man owning Mario was pretty great.
  • BillMurray 2 years ago

@simsini Really?
  • Pacman8MyGhostkart 2 years ago

I can't even see half the stream due to lag!

And Microsoft is enforcing always online.
  • JayScott 2 years ago

@shaunwatter29

I feel sorry for you. :p
  • vert1go 2 years ago

No Pikmin 3 despite being due asap. But fun stuff. MK8 looked amazing.
  • shaunwatters29 2 years ago

was that it??!?!?!?!?!?!
  • Pro_wrestler 2 years ago

This was underwhelming. Hardly a single game announced that we didn't already know about and everything is delayed.
  • patriot 2 years ago

fuck i wanna play megaman 2 now
  • simsini 2 years ago

Nintendo have stolen the show completely here. Great stuff.
  • Seuachi 2 years ago

And he has his different abilities!
  • shaunwatters29 2 years ago

ohh another exactly the same supersmash brozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

@irve77 I thought the theme was Nintendo are releasing 1 game per month/quarter

every game except those from Platinum and Monolith look like Xmas morning
  • frazzl 2 years ago

So it's the remake of Wind Waker this year and Bayonetta 2 and the X game from Monolith soft next year for me then.
  • makeamazing 2 years ago

I wasn't that impressed by it either to be honest, pretty boring.
  • ecu 2 years ago

Fuckin Megaman. Awesome.
  • Seuachi 2 years ago

MEGAMAN!!!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG MEGA MAN IN SMASH BROS
  • rmjo 2 years ago

OMFG! Mega MAN!!!!
  • shaunwatters29 2 years ago

@JayScott i am indeed, fool
  • Mister-Wario 2 years ago

It looks....alright? I guess? Ooh, Mega Man!
  • shadowdogg 2 years ago

Megaman!
  • simsini 2 years ago

OMG WOW!!! A new F-Zero!!!

OMG
  • irve77 2 years ago

there is certainly a theme here .. buy a Wii U in 2014
  • Seuachi 2 years ago

SUPER SMASH BROS 3DS!!
  • mal 2 years ago

Multiplatform Smash Bros? Cool!

that made me want a 1080p remake of Skyward Sword with no motion controls
  • Cobalt_Jackal 2 years ago

More of the same old shite...No thanks i'll pass.

Wait for him to say delayed to 2015
  • melnificent 2 years ago

Training section of Smash Bros has you just pummelling Tom Nook repeatedly.
  • rmjo 2 years ago

worlds lagiest stream

Wii-U and 3DS
  • JayScott 2 years ago

@shaunwatters29

Are you watching the same conference as everyone else you idiot?
  • Osahi 2 years ago

Oh, its smash bros with animal crossing char. Nook can f of then!
  • Mister-Wario 2 years ago

I like the new art style.
  • peasoup 2 years ago

Man i really wanted to see a Metroid or Starfox
  • linkster 2 years ago

ah crap
  • Uncle_Spanks 2 years ago

Did someone say Star Fox?! Nintendo didn't :(
  • DacoitOne 2 years ago

SMASH BROS!

Smash Bros? Meh!
  • Segnit 2 years ago

Why the horrible lag is why ND is a bad idea.
  • Osahi 2 years ago

Seems like I'll be working my arse off for Tom Nook again...
  • Lince 2 years ago

that Monolith game looked delicious, Wii U has some powerful innards devs should learn how to tackle
  • Thiral 2 years ago

SUPER SMASH!1
  • shadowdogg 2 years ago

SMASH RBSO!!!
  • shaunwatters29 2 years ago

damn so far this is bloody terrible - poor old nintendo. Time to call it a day and do a Sega
  • Nevflinn 2 years ago

Tom Nook confirmed for SSB4!!
  • Dismiss 2 years ago

Xenoblade looks pretty nice
  • BlastPhoenix 2 years ago

Smash Bros?

2014 again....damn.

Smashing time.
  • atomicjuicer 2 years ago

Sweet
  • melnificent 2 years ago

Another delay... getting seriously annoyed now
  • Mister-Wario 2 years ago

"The player will drive the human-shaped robot"- love how accessible Nintendo make everything.
  • vert1go 2 years ago

Monster Hunter with these graphics = instawin.
  • Cadence 2 years ago

OK, now F-Zero please.
  • karlo87 2 years ago

X looks awesome.
  • DacoitOne 2 years ago

buzz killing lag!
  • vizzini 2 years ago

Has he used the word cloud yet?
  • simsini 2 years ago

Exactly Mister-Wario, this looks absolutely fantastic.
  • Progguitarist 2 years ago

• rmjo 2 years ago

The fucking lag!

Metroid U please
  • georgetm1 2 years ago

this looks awesome
  • frazzl 2 years ago

Square Enix take note. This is how you make a JRPG. Not fucking KH3 or FFXV!
  • Cadence 2 years ago

Take my money!
  • shadowdogg 2 years ago

this looks amazing
  • Mister-Wario 2 years ago

If you're going into Nintendo Directs expecting cutting-edge graphics at this point you're doing it wrong. It's not like it looks awful or anything.
  • Pacman8MyGhostkart 2 years ago

Music makes me want to tear my ears off right now.
  • ecu 2 years ago

This looks ace.
  • vert1go 2 years ago

Xenoblade Chronicles 2? Nope.
  • DacoitOne 2 years ago

awesome music

Wow.

2014 titles... Wii U needs something big for the winter holidays....come on
  • frazzl 2 years ago

Ooh the Monolith Software game! Awesome!
  • Nevflinn 2 years ago

Holy moley, Monolith Soft's new game!

xenoblade sequel
  • jimboton 2 years ago

I can't believe they're pulling another new super mario bros U, only with DK :(
  • Der_tolle_Emil 2 years ago

Monolithsoft. Again with those goose bumps!
  • BuckFuttons 2 years ago

Those graphics look painfully current gen tho :'(
  • Progguitarist 2 years ago

Where is METROID
  • simsini 2 years ago

@Mister-Wario Yes, but you could then say everything that has been revealed in the last two days looks the same.

New. Monolith. Game.

The gameplay trailer looks promising. But a 2014 launch...:(
  • georgetm1 2 years ago

Bayonetta, thats more like it.
  • Dismiss 2 years ago

Wow, Bayonetta 3 should be a stunner.
  • Lethally-Obese 2 years ago

Oh dear god, Retro was working on DK.....Uuuuuugh

Bayonetta 2 looks amazing
  • karlo87 2 years ago

@simsini oh i agree, i don't like them either lol
  • siallen 2 years ago

Clam shot hi 5
  • nakedlunch 2 years ago

new hairstyle AND costume?!

I'm there
  • Osahi 2 years ago

I think I just got sensored by Ustream. One crotch shot and the stream buckles
  • X201 2 years ago

Haircuts FTW \o/
  • DacoitOne 2 years ago

dat ass
  • Lince 2 years ago

cure Mario graphics, cute Zelda, cute Donkey Kong... and suddenly, Bayonetta bitch lol, a game you would never expect on a Nintendo console.
  • BlastPhoenix 2 years ago

Liking the short hair look
  • gamefan 2 years ago

big question is how are they to sell more WiiU's?

Lol stream broke on Bayonetta!! Fuck my life :(
  • karlo87 2 years ago

Oooft B2 looks awesome
  • mal 2 years ago

Bit laggy. Sounds like Martina Hingis is playing.
  • Mister-Wario 2 years ago

@simsini you're assuming we don't think that about FIFA or shooters as well.

FINISH HER!!
  • ecu 2 years ago

Arnold is in Bayonetta 2?
  • Seuachi 2 years ago

BAYONETTA!!!
  • wayn3h 2 years ago

haha
  • DacoitOne 2 years ago

THE BITCH IS BACK!!!
  • gamingdave 2 years ago

These games are exactly why I bought a WiiU. Shame its been gathering dust for months but this xmas is going to be a cracker if you like pure games.
  • wayn3h 2 years ago

groin shot
  • HairyArse 2 years ago

Vaginal close-up.
  • simsini 2 years ago

@karlo87 It depends what you are looking for. One could argue every FIFA or shooter looks the same.
  • SidiousCyanide 2 years ago

I was all played out on platformers by the end of the 16-bit era.
  • makeamazing 2 years ago

Except for 101, why don't nintendo ever make any different games, its always Mario/Karts/DK etc.
  • Pro_wrestler 2 years ago

@vert1go Agreed. This looks so underwhelming.
  • frazzl 2 years ago

DK HD looked alright. Nothing new though. Hopefully the upcoming Bayonetta 2 trailer is more interesting.

Bayonetta!
  • Pacman8MyGhostkart 2 years ago

Another girl playable in a Nintendo game!

Maybe the Wii-U is the real revolution?
  • Cadence 2 years ago

Bayonetta 2!!!
  • gamefan 2 years ago

DK looks god, for though the DK game on WII was OK but the controls were awful hope they don't screw them up here by forcing you to look at the wii pad too much
  • simsini 2 years ago

Stunt FX would make my start hyperventilating.
  • Progguitarist 2 years ago

They're actually showing gameplay...WTF!

£10 says DK is delayed
  • Cobalt_Jackal 2 years ago

His Engrish is really good. Seriously though im impressed i didn't know Iwata san could speak it so fluently.
  • vert1go 2 years ago

These trailers better be on the eshop in HD the INSTANT this is over. 1080P plz.
  • Lince 2 years ago

these should have been launch titles, price drop + these magnificent games should see Wii U overtaking the Xbox One at least.
  • karlo87 2 years ago

I've never been a DK fan, every game looks exactly the same
  • Old_Books 2 years ago

I love all this but none of these are going to convince the doubters I think.
  • Pro_wrestler 2 years ago

These all look like Wii/3DS games. Where is next gen?
  • DacoitOne 2 years ago

Stunt FX for Wii U needs to show up soon. I think I'd pop if it did.
  • atomicjuicer 2 years ago

Wow DK u looks excellent
  • simsini 2 years ago

Any there is the money shot.
  • Sir_Brightington_III 2 years ago

Cutest viking ever.
  • vert1go 2 years ago

I don't play the DK games but gotta appreciate that.
  • Lethally-Obese 2 years ago

Donky Kong....Yaaaaaawn.
  • vert1go 2 years ago

Some of these look bloody beautiful.
  • Osahi 2 years ago

Looking good Kong!

Donkey Kong! YEAH!
  • simsini 2 years ago

Nintendo games just have that Christmas morning magic that Sony and Microsoft can't provide. The graphics look great, games are for everyone.

ZeldOctober
  • shadowdogg 2 years ago

Yeah I want to see smash bros
  • spamdangled 2 years ago

Wind Waker looks gorgeous. Can't wait to play it all over again
  • wayn3h 2 years ago

this is what MS's more casual games are missing.. soul
  • seeyoshirun 2 years ago

5-player Wonderful 101? HELL YES!
  • shadowdogg 2 years ago

@vert1go agreed
  • Seuachi 2 years ago

I want to see Smash Bros.
  • vert1go 2 years ago

siallen get your eyes tested then. seriously.
  • Pro_wrestler 2 years ago

Thar 3D Mario better not be the successor to Mario Galaxy 2.
  • ryohazuki1983 2 years ago

A year wait is too long for MK, WiiU needs it now!
  • Pacman8MyGhostkart 2 years ago

OK release date for Wonderful 101, c'mon do it!
  • siallen 2 years ago

Wind waker hahahaha looks awful on the eye
  • ecu 2 years ago

People will just send dick pictures.
  • patriot 2 years ago

if ever a kid went missing in my neighbourhood and tingle had a house nearby, he'd be suspect #1 ... just sayin
  • simsini 2 years ago

We just need a new Mario Golf for Wii U, not just 3DS.
  • Pacman8MyGhostkart 2 years ago

Oh God can you imagine the amount of abusive messages in a bottle you will find?
  • Der_tolle_Emil 2 years ago

That message-in-a-bottle thingy looks interesting.
  • vert1go 2 years ago

That is a mad, crazy, delightful feature.
  • Osahi 2 years ago

@simsini Wut? Watch Dogs looked lots and lots smudgier, and didn't have the same great lightning effects as on next gen...
  • shadowdogg 2 years ago

nice!
  • makeamazing 2 years ago

@simsini I think you need to go to specsavers mate.... the wii-u graphics do not look anywhere as good
  • davidlea 2 years ago

I've got literally no idea what he's on about at this point!
  • simsini 2 years ago

Overall, very impressed so far.
  • Cadence 2 years ago

argh, it's just tingle. fuck it
  • johnsmith123456 2 years ago

It would be nice if they did add more dungeons
  • Cadence 2 years ago

some adjustments to the game!
  • simsini 2 years ago

The graphics on these reveals look no worse than Xbox One and PS4.
  • skunkfish 2 years ago

Never played this apart from a brief go on Dolphin, looking forward to it...
  • gamingdave 2 years ago

I know its a remake, but I have so many happy memories of WW and can't wait to play it again.

1080P CONFIRMED!
  • vert1go 2 years ago

LOOK! COLOURS! ACTUAL COLOURS!
  • gamefan 2 years ago

WW will look better but IT AINT NEW!
  • vert1go 2 years ago

Hope they finished off the last section properly and took the bloody pauses out of sword hits.
  • Mister-Wario 2 years ago

It does look very pretty.
  • Pacman8MyGhostkart 2 years ago

You know I bought this day 1 but never completed it.

I'm tempted to buy this even though I have a Wii and the original!
  • Osahi 2 years ago

That looks amazing in HD... Wish they would make a totally new one in this art style (but not with a train :p)
  • Der_tolle_Emil 2 years ago

I still get goosebumps when I here that Zelda music...
  • shadowdogg 2 years ago

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • X201 2 years ago

I loved WindWaker.

Wind Waker looks sooooo purdy in HD

WW HD. *licking screen.*
  • telboy007 2 years ago

I've already played wind waker, it was good but no more.

Spin The Bottle = instabuy
  • shadowdogg 2 years ago

ZLEEDDAA
  • vert1go 2 years ago

Already more gameplay footage than either other big conference combined.

@vert1go

Not new, remake of first one on Playstation.
  • karlo87 2 years ago

Was that really the new Mario? Looked... boring
  • telboy007 2 years ago

spin... the... bottle... ?

New Oddworld.
  • NewbieZilla 2 years ago

Bayonetta 2 release date, please.
  • Sir_Brightington_III 2 years ago

Oooh, Ballpoint Universe! I loved that on PC.

Ballpoint Universe intrigues.
  • makeamazing 2 years ago

Ubisoft are supporting the Wii-U well, looks like one of the few that are...
  • melnificent 2 years ago

@X201 Nope Mario, mario, ds game remakes, Wii games upressed and delayed.
  • vert1go 2 years ago

WATCHDOGS. Not Watch Dogs. ONE WORD.

@X201

Pokemon X and Y Oct this year.

Sequel to Super Marioland on Wii U. 4 player simultaneous release with classes same as Super Mario Bros 2.

Mario Kart 8 with Anti-Grav upside-down driving.

Delayed Wii Fit and Mario Party.
  • vizzini 2 years ago

Iwata: ?we hope you continue to surprise us by finishing your drawings before showing them to us?
  • simsini 2 years ago

@Lethally-Obese the same can be said of the Xbox One and PS4 in relation to the Xbox 360 and PS3.
  • X201 2 years ago

Just joined, have I missed anything earth shattering?
  • melnificent 2 years ago

DS game, DS game, DS game....
    Come on Nintendo that was people trolling saying WiiU was like an overgrown DS.
  • davidlea 2 years ago

@simsini It's not that exciting!
  • makeamazing 2 years ago

The streams yesterday were pretty dismal, just goes to show we cannot rely on the internet for content :)

Miiverse Artist? Fun.
  • Lethally-Obese 2 years ago

They should try to actual release some games. But they don't look like much at any rate, just ressed up Wii games. The assets and character models look nearly identical to the old Wii and 3DS versions.

Miiverse 3DS pleasepleaseplease
  • Thiral 2 years ago

Awesome, better drawings :D
  • vizzini 2 years ago

The visuals look very polished on 3D mario; the glass rendering is a big step up for Ninty, but aspect ratio looks wrong on the characters and camera looked fixed

Here look at this..... DELAYED
  • simsini 2 years ago

Anyone else building up to reaching for the tissues towards the end?
  • wayn3h 2 years ago

streaming it on my twitch if anyones still having issues

• SSnakez 2 years ago

This stream is diabolical
  • AmicableWalrus 2 years ago

Please understand. *laughs*
  • vert1go 2 years ago

Wii Fit U delay makes me sad. (Yes I use Wii Fit Plus)
  • Thiral 2 years ago

Ya, a good party game is always good to have :)
  • RichyRichh77 2 years ago

@karlo87 Try one of the Twitch TV ones, they were the most reliable I had all through yesterdays conferences.

ame/E3%202013/live
  • seeyoshirun 2 years ago

Super Mario 3D World looks genuinely amazing. That's going to be so much fun.
  • mal 2 years ago

Damnit, now MK's going up the walls makes it less likely we'll see a proper F-Zero update this gen. Oh well, looks nice enough.
  • vert1go 2 years ago

Party U at least looks amusing.
  • davidlea 2 years ago

New Mario Cart, only a year away. Seriously?
  • Mr.Spo 2 years ago

3D World looked good but not amazing, Kart 8 on the other hand, looked absolutely brilliant.
  • atomicjuicer 2 years ago

Come on METROID announcement..
  • Moz 2 years ago

anyone else having trouble with the stream?
  • makeamazing 2 years ago

More mini games, what a surprise
  • vizzini 2 years ago

karts only, no bikes you idiots. /facepalm
  • Pynchon 2 years ago

• Pacman8MyGhostkart 2 years ago

Peach isn't being rescued in Super Mario 3D Land?

Has Nintendo been watching Tropes Vs Women?
  • vert1go 2 years ago

MK8 looks easily on par with anything of XbOXO or PS4 so far. Beautiful. Scale and depth.
  • shadowdogg 2 years ago

Why is eurogamer being so sarcastic. nintendo not having mario games would be fucking wierd
  • spamdangled 2 years ago

Super Mario 3D Lands looks interesting, but not what I was expecting.

Mario Kart looks amazing.
  • telboy007 2 years ago

mario kart 8 does look pretty snazzy

Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-
    Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.ht
    ml
  • vert1go 2 years ago

nintendo.co.uk stream is the best working one.
  • vert1go 2 years ago

Mario Kart 8. I see what you did with that logo there.
  • Raiko101 2 years ago

Yay. No stream here or on the Nintendo UK website. :(

And the video is still down, stay classy EG :D
  • roz123 2 years ago

3D mario looks amazing. Especially that cat suit
  • telboy007 2 years ago

CAT MARIO!!!!!!!!
  • karlo87 2 years ago

Every stream is terrible
  • sanctusmortis 2 years ago

If you can't see the stream go to Nintendo's home page, it's on there
  • vert1go 2 years ago

Ingame but looks like old rendering - wow.
  • Thiral 2 years ago

I missed the pokémon part of the stream, did it look like the same old?
  • Lethally-Obese 2 years ago

Is this for the 3DS or Wii U?
  • vert1go 2 years ago

Wow. Mario Kart looks goooodddd..
  • Der_tolle_Emil 2 years ago

3D Land was fantastic. And I'm loving it that they bring back the unique abilities from Super Mario Bros 2.
  • Osahi 2 years ago

damn stream doesn't work here
  • joeymoto108 2 years ago

Cat Mario? I fucking despise cats
  • vert1go 2 years ago

It isn't brown and is making me smile. Sold.
  • Progguitarist 2 years ago

Looks lush

Super mario bros 2: 3D
  • Vasenor 2 years ago

The stream on the official site seems to be malfunctioning as well. Or at the very least the site is.
  • vert1go 2 years ago

MUTIPLAYER 3D MARIO! WOOOOO!
  • peasoup 2 years ago

Miaow!
  • shadowdogg 2 years ago

ahahaah

Super Mario 3D World.
  • Thiral 2 years ago

catz
  • Raiko101 2 years ago

@gamingdave Got a link?

Whoops, that's Japanese.

3D Land with a twist.

ntendo-direct-at-e3-2013
  • roz123 2 years ago

Iwata was the inspiration for 50 Cents hit P.I.M.P.
  • Lethally-Obese 2 years ago

Looks like a Wii game
  • Raiko101 2 years ago

Can't find a working stream anywhere.

Mario looks gorgeous.
  • gamingdave 2 years ago

EG stream down again. Just like the MS one was for me yesterday.

Working fine on nintendo.co.uk
  • erp 2 years ago

@Donlan No problem! I really hope it's good now... ;)
  • shadowdogg 2 years ago

it hasn't started yet right?
  • Pacman8MyGhostkart 2 years ago

For those who can't see the stream, try here http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/
    Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-
    Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.ht
    ml
  • Rhaegyr 2 years ago

definitely hope to see more of 'X'
  • The_Asking 2 years ago

@darkmorgado it's not over here. Keep looking!
  • peasoup 2 years ago

@danielleinberger try going direct to nintendo

Get it via Nintendo.co.uk
  • Mr.Spo 2 years ago

Yeah, EG's feed isn't working. http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/
    Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-
    Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.ht
    ml
  • danielleinberger 2 years ago

I cant see it where is it
  • javvyman 2 years ago

It's 15:03! where's the stream EG?? WHERE'S THE STREAM!

Argh, can't see anything, Stream is nothing but black :(

Pokemon + Nintendogs.
  • Skith666 2 years ago

Is the stream working for anyone else?
  • spamdangled 2 years ago

where's the bloody video?
  • danielleinberger 2 years ago

where i cant see it
  • vert1go 2 years ago

Exactly Javvyman. We know most of what to expect.
  • Eldritch 2 years ago

Maybe Pikmin 3 isn't half bad.
  • nathanherbener 2 years ago

If they bring a pokemon game like the main series but with all the regions... I will be so damn happy, too bad it may not happen
  • javvyman 2 years ago

Think people have got unrealistic expectations, we'll see Mario 3D, Mario Kart, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bros... maybe a a couple of new titles... wait a sec! that's a freaking awesome line-up!
  • peasoup 2 years ago

its on now
  • Pacman8MyGhostkart 2 years ago

I love the way he says "Direct". So '70s Sci-Fi.
  • Hieronymus 2 years ago

Right, let's see what Nintendo has to offer. I have not been a Nintendo user since the Gamecube but I can only hope they rock seeing it's such a fine company.
  • Raiko101 2 years ago

Either i'm being left in the dark or Nintendo's E3 website is having a fit.
  • Psiloc 2 years ago

So... do we press 'play' or not?
  • Progguitarist 2 years ago

METROID!!!!!! MAKE IT SO!
  • danielleinberger 2 years ago

When is the Nintendo direct
  • danielleinberger 2 years ago

Yeah, I like the way you think @DamDai

But im staying with Microsoft
  • tiffaneyplamondon 2 years ago

@Danielleinberger You might think so. But no one else will uy it for those exact reasons. And its policies are what is going to kill it in the console war. It can't compare anymore. Sony offers the better game system right now. Microsoft can change those policies later, but it will be the point then and there that they failed the first time,a nd everyone would have already fell in with SOny
  • jellyBelly 2 years ago

ITS PEGGI 18
  • melnificent 2 years ago

Pokemon adventure on Wii U, like the old Gamecube ones :)
  • PeterAJTaylor 2 years ago

@SpaceMonkey77 F-Zero to be honest, particularly if it is made in collaboration with Sega, an even better soundtrack than GX and has online play for 30 vehicles at once...
  • vert1go 2 years ago

Good luck with that Prismbox One then. Ripe for it.
  • Ziz0u 2 years ago

I really hope they can turn this ship around. I would love to get a Wii U over a Xbox One.
  • Der_tolle_Emil 2 years ago

I'd go with Wave Race as well because I thought that the cube one was horrible and it deserves another chance :/
  • ISmoke 2 years ago

Show new Pokemon, that's all you need to do

GAF status: Down
  • danielleinberger 2 years ago

Well you know its on opion but, overall you pay for the availabilities on the xbox, sure it will have 24 hour check in online, but Microsoft has beaten Sony last time you know and I think Microsoft can still win this generatation, I love microsoft so yeah, I think Microsoft has more things on it thats why its 100 more dollars. @DamDai
  • nathanherbener 2 years ago

I got my pepsi ready, with my biscuits and dip... Lets get crackin :D
  • neoturfmaster 2 years ago

I'd love to see a new Mario Party game...

Only joking. Come on, announce a new Advance Wars already!
  • ColdShoulder 2 years ago

Waverace
  • Skith666 2 years ago

C'mon Nintendo, really pull something great out and make us remember why we love you!
  • joelstinton 2 years ago

@vertigo lets hope so!

@Peter

You could be right there. If you had to choose which would you prefer first, a new futuristic Waverace or another F Zero cut?

I think I'd take Waverace. And maybe F zero later on.
  • ShiftBreaker 2 years ago

Tea's ready, and I'm open minded to the Wii U. Impress me, Nintendo.
  • tiffaneyplamondon 2 years ago

@DamDai There is cross game chat, party chat. The servers? We will have to wait and see

@Tom Phillips

"The conference won't just be about Wii U, of course"

So why have nintendo said it's all about the Wii U?
  • albo 2 years ago

Maybe they cut out some stuff based on yesterdays conferences...
  • Skith666 2 years ago

@Doonvas - Professional layabout so I'm fine - as you know mate ;-)
  • erp 2 years ago

@Donlan Yup! It's called Globulous.
  • albo 2 years ago

yeah, sucks that they told us weeks ago it would be one hour and then change it last minute
  • SpaceMonkey77 2 years ago

Since Sony will be charging for PSN Plus as standard, that'll help pay for servers etc hopefully there should be less lag, stronger security etc. Fingers crossed that Lulz does knock at Sony's door again.
  • vert1go 2 years ago

Not that worrying. Less pissing about with celebrities and "funny" material and CGI trailers.
  • mintgreen 2 years ago

Watching at work too. Boss is away, mice will play!
  • danielleinberger 2 years ago

is it in like 6 minutes
  • orangpelupa 2 years ago

agh... i cant watch nintendo. Need to sleep early tonight. Square enix has press event on the next day (12 june 2013) in my country.
  • ColdShoulder 2 years ago

All I want is quality. Nintendo can take their sweet time with anything as long as it's worth the wait.
  • nathanherbener 2 years ago

Okay awesome, I'm in Australia so I can watch it :D
  • PeterAJTaylor 2 years ago

@SpaceMonkey77 Of course water is different, I just meant the settings. Can't see Nintendo putting out two futuristic racing games on a similar timescale.
  • danielleinberger 2 years ago

Im geting the Xbox one cause ive always been an xbox fan, and a nintendo fan.
  • vert1go 2 years ago

Today but at 2am UK time according to the planner I saw.
  • joelstinton 2 years ago

Worrying news that this is only 37mins long :(
  • albo 2 years ago

Yeah, hate it when they have different content in different regions for the direct. feels lkike im missing a lot of stuff from other directs
  • Thiral 2 years ago

I usually buy all consoles. I got a Wii U (and love it) and I will get a PS4, but I wont get a xbox one for sure.
  • Eldritch 2 years ago

@Der_tolle_Emil Didn't know that at all, cheers!
  • nathanherbener 2 years ago

@Vert1go Okay, do you know what time/day?
  • kirinnokoshin 2 years ago

@Skith666 So am I, Balls to it :-)
  • KuningasDon 2 years ago

@Skith666 Totally worth it.
  • SpaceMonkey77 2 years ago

For me, PS4 first then XboxOne when Kinect isn't compulsory and they drop their used game stance and that dirty price tag. £429 indeed?
  • Der_tolle_Emil 2 years ago

@Eldritch Gargoyle's Quest 2 was released on the NES. And #3 more or less on the SNES as Demon's Crest :)
  • vert1go 2 years ago

A Pokemon X/Y direct is planned for later.
  • Skith666 2 years ago

I'm certain I'm going to get fired for this! Watching whilst at work
  • Mr.Spo 2 years ago

Apparently the Direct is roughly 40 minutes long, so I wouldn't have unrealistic expectations.
  • melstevenson 2 years ago

ps4- but i wanna see whats happening on the 3ds side- I mean I wanna see pokemon X and Y and Zelda :D
  • Der_tolle_Emil 2 years ago

I want a game entirely dedicated to Pilotwing 64's birdman.
  • kamps09 2 years ago

@danielleinberger PS4
  • nathanherbener 2 years ago

I hope they release some more info on Pokemon X and Y
  • simsini 2 years ago

Can't wait for this. Yesterday was just the starter, this is the main course, dessert, cheese and biscuits and coffee and mints.
  • Eldritch 2 years ago

Gargoyle's Quest 2.
  • SpaceMonkey77 2 years ago

No, not really. Racing on water has different positive/negative effects on a race, that's one of the things that made Waverace so good. F Zero on the other hand is pretty clear tracks and few obstacles.
  • danielleinberger 2 years ago

Hey guys tell me what system everyone in here is going to get the Xbox one or Ps4
  • Raiko101 2 years ago

Online multiplayer Pilotwings please! I've only been waiting for it for the best part of two decades!
  • vert1go 2 years ago

I think they'll have enough trouble squeezing in just the games we already know of.
  • albo 2 years ago

Reggie, Iwata, Miyamoto and eiji Aonuma are all at e3 right now. Should be interesting to see what they present at the press event after the direct...
  • PeterAJTaylor 2 years ago

@SpaceMonkey77 Doesn't/Wouldn't F-Zero U fill that particular niche?
  • melstevenson 2 years ago

Oh great I made it on time :D
  • Daryoon 2 years ago

Pokemon Snap for Wii U and I'm sold.

Super Pang Mii U

@Peter

No, a better option for Waverace would be for Nintendo to give us the futuristic Waverace they once demoed prior to the N64 launch. Like Wipeoout but on water, it looked cool.

@Der

yeah, Planet Puzzle League is a class DS game, very addictive. Copies are tricky to find but worth it.

• erp 2 years ago

@Donlan There's a Tetrisphere knockoff on Android (of course!). No idea if it's any good though.
  • MikkyX 2 years ago

@joelstinton Super Pang U!
  • Eldritch 2 years ago

I'd actually buy a Wii U for Advance Wars.
  • Der_tolle_Emil 2 years ago

@SpaceMonkey77 Haven't tried that yet. The only puzzle game I spent more time with than Tetrisphere would be Super Puzzle Fighter.
  • vert1go 2 years ago

Gamecube VC news would be nice - expect we'll hear more of the Summer Update too.
  • jellyBelly 2 years ago

LOL@gif of Iwata rising from the coffin, its just too much...
  • joelstinton 2 years ago

I like to see an new e-shop version of PANG!
  • PeterAJTaylor 2 years ago

@joelstinton What if a new Wave Race game was set to a rave soundtrack? That would be an insta-buy!

@Der_tolle_Emil

No I didn't, because Planet Puzzle League is a better game. Love that on DS.
  • roz123 2 years ago

The game I most want to see is Smash Bros
  • vert1go 2 years ago

Stunt Race. So many time trial hours.
  • mintgreen 2 years ago

f-zero wii u wud be huge
  • joelstinton 2 years ago

@peterAJtaylor

Doh! sorry man! tired eyes, tired mind.

Wave Race!
    Rave Race!
    Wace Rave..... goes on!
  • Der_tolle_Emil 2 years ago

@SpaceMonkey77 You forgot Tetrisphere 2.
  • danielleinberger 2 years ago

4UmHKTX9H4&feature=player_detail
    page

That should get you ready for the conference.

Dare to dream...

An RPG set in the F-Zero universe in which you control Samurai Goroh in search of his stolen pink ride.

From the people that brought you "Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland"!
  • SpaceMonkey77 2 years ago

All I want to see is new Waverace and F Zero, both with online play.

A Pilotwings game, Stunt Race 2 and Blast Corps 2, but they don't have the vision or passion for them anymore. These would convince me to buy a Wii U.

F Zero UX, Metroid U, Super Mario
    U-niverse. Please understand
  • telboy007 2 years ago

I'm lubbin' my 3DS but very unlikely to buy the Wii U. There is quite contrasting success between their handhelds and consoles post SNES era. Except the Wii which sold like hot cakes obviously.
  • danielleinberger 2 years ago

Hey where is Reggie
  • Der_tolle_Emil 2 years ago

Anyone thinking they are ready to announce gamecube VC yet?
  • mintgreen 2 years ago

if mario u is a galaxy sequel then i'm not interested
  • PeterAJTaylor 2 years ago

Wave Rave? Sounds great!
  • mintgreen 2 years ago

stunt race fx? no thanks, awful game
  • VideoGameAddict25 2 years ago

Super Mario Galaxy 3?
    Mario Kart U?
  • Der_tolle_Emil 2 years ago

@vert1go Stunt Race FX was brilliant. That game always made me really happy when I played it.
  • joelstinton 2 years ago

'Next gen' water always looks good, a good way to sell graphics. Expecting Wave Rave!
  • Mozz-eyes 2 years ago

I have my Doritos and Mountain Dew ready for this.

Oh wait, wrong console.
  • vert1go 2 years ago

Stunt Race FX would result in more money being thrown at screens than Wiimotes allegedly were.
  • TheHead 2 years ago

Announce a new game from Retro studios and im sold!

1080P Zelda Wind Waker trailer plzthx
  • vert1go 2 years ago

Surprise handheld announcement: Nintendo 1DS.

I never played Star Tropics :(
  • tiffaneyplamondon 2 years ago

It's also been stated that Pokemon X/Y news will be given to us consectibly. Supposedly an appearence on the Direct, The CoroCoro scans, and that Tv show Pokemon Smash is supposed to all have new information.
  • Mr.Spo 2 years ago

Also, Star Tropics revival from Retro Studio. kthxbai.
  • Mr.Spo 2 years ago

Fair enough, but I'd be surprised if they bothered with 3DS in any depth. It's doing absolutely fine and has a full line up to the end of the year. They could quite easily broadcast another Direct tomorrow about 3DS.

Fingers crossed for F Zero Wii U.
  • vert1go 2 years ago

I hope Nintendo took Ellie's idea from yesterday and Mario will have a Quaver rifle.
  • vert1go 2 years ago

@Mr.Spo Nintendo have previously said Direct presentations were for a specific platform and had stuff for the other. No guarantee.
  • SpaceMonkey77 2 years ago

No, leave Ellie alone. A bit of Snarky McQuipanquote is good. Its nothing you don't get on Giant Bomb etc, so on EG she's welcome.
  • Eldritch 2 years ago

Axelay 2.
  • vert1go 2 years ago

And it isn't as if the games aren't different each time. Even in those cases.
  • Pacman8MyGhostkart 2 years ago

The all nighter crew are back with a vengeance I see :)
  • Mr.Spo 2 years ago

Don't expect anything for 3DS: Nintendo have been completely clear that this Direct is Wii U only. So Tom, this Direct WILL be Wii U only. 3DS has had lots of love since February, with a Direct every month and everything from Pokemon X&Y to Link to the Past 2 announced.

From Nintendo's website:

"Welcome to our Nintendo Direct@E3 2013 broadcast! Watch the presentation for the latest news on future Wii U software!"
  • vert1go 2 years ago

Metal Gear Solid... fifty? Franchise usage isn't limited to Nintendo.
  • vert1go 2 years ago

"New stuff" like Forza... Five. Halo... Five...? ;)
  • kinky_mong 2 years ago

Have EG done the right thing and slipped a couple of Valium into Ellie's coffee so we're spared her snarky attempts at comedy?
  • vert1go 2 years ago

If only there was some way I could continue playing Mass Effect 3 with the TV showing Nintendo Direct... wait... I have a gamepad that can do that.
  • SpaceMonkey77 2 years ago

On a better more positive note, I'd like to see some new games (not existing stuff) from them in their video, but that seems like asking too much of them these days.
  • Eldritch 2 years ago

Pretty sure, that is.
  • Eldritch 2 years ago

I'm pretty Ninty will kick everybdy's arse next year. They've always been full of surprises. And, yes, they're totally loaded.
  • Ignatius_Cheese 2 years ago

@Skowhegan Haha even you can have your moments on occasion! Got some puns lined up to go?
  • tiffaneyplamondon 2 years ago

Thank you muchly!

Half an hour to go!
  • MikkyX 2 years ago

@tiffaneyplamondon about 32 minutess from now, wherever you are.

@tiffaneyplamondon or 30 minutes from now
  • vert1go 2 years ago

" We all know Nintendo stuff sells loads, no doubt. But"
    No but needed. I think after 20+ years people know to buy FOR the Nintendo stuff. I like to think people have realised it by now.

@tiffaneyplamondon 10AM
  • joelstinton 2 years ago

@space just enjoy the show man! :)
  • tiffaneyplamondon 2 years ago

Quick question, can anyone tell me when this confrence starts Eastern Time (New York Time)?
  • skowhegan 2 years ago

@Ignatius_Cheese (Don't worry, funny people will take over soon) :D
  • vert1go 2 years ago

Woo, Christian. If only Ellie were here too!

@joel

I hear you, but didn't we just see MS more or less run their Xbox ship aground after eight years of plain sailing. Just goes to show, things change all the time.

We all know Nintendo stuff sells loads, no doubt. But its like one bank making all the money, while others are like whatever, money to make elsewhere.

Wouldn't have to doom and gloom anything if they sorted themselves out.
  • skowhegan 2 years ago

@Ignatius_Cheese We're having a late lunch which feels like breakfast :)
  • joelstinton 2 years ago

Man that coffin GIF beats some of the Kaz ones doing the rounds, sublime! Just needs to be edited with Don Matrick getting into it
  • Ignatius_Cheese 2 years ago

Ah! Welcome Christian! :) Good to have you here for added comedic effect.
  • vert1go 2 years ago

The doom and gloom is nothing new. Happened with the Wii, the DS, and even more with the 3DS for over a year.
    A little over 6 months the Wii U has had so far - and it sold better at launch than anything except the previous best selling launch console.
  • Ignatius_Cheese 2 years ago

Are you the only staffer covering this, Tom? Is everyone else still in bed?
  • TonyHarrison 2 years ago

Nintendo's recovery job has been made easier by Microsoft.

Had both Sony and Microsoft knocked it out of the park this week, things would have been very different, but MS are intent on enforcing policies even more "draconian" than those Nintendo used to drag the industry out of the gaming crash.
  • spamdangled 2 years ago

@SpaceMonkey77 The Wii U flopping wouldn't be anywhere near enough to kill off Nintendo.
  • vert1go 2 years ago

Feel free to look up the top selling Wii games from those franchises vs any big PS3 or 360 franchise you care to name. Go on. Go right ahead. The difference is TENS OF MILLIONS more in some cases. So yeah, there's demand for those games. More than for any others. By a long way. On that "casual" console.
  • Ignatius_Cheese 2 years ago

@Skowhegan Some of us are having to wait til Friday to sample the delights of Animal Crossing... :(
  • joelstinton 2 years ago

@spacemonkey Ahh the logic of when nintendo do well its pure luck, when they do bad its entirely down to each minute detail and decision by nintendo.

Don't forgot the wii u comes of the back of 3 very succesful products. If they can turn it around, they can
  • SpaceMonkey77 2 years ago

Then more the fool you are. November is five month out, then Wii U is going to get tag teamed by both MS and Sony.

Underestimating Nintendo? They've done nothing to show why I shouldn't of late. Doesn't matter if Nintendo have all the money in Japan, if their Wii U isn't selling, its nothing but a door stop flop.
  • skowhegan 2 years ago

@Ignatius_Cheese Got it. Nintendo has fumbled Wii U so far, but Animal Crossing and the recent 3DS renaissance is making me very happy.
  • tiagoalmeida 2 years ago

Regie's yearbook picture? That's awesome :D
  • vert1go 2 years ago

(Minor correction -99.6m, not .06)
  • geminifly 2 years ago

Could they have not timed this to fit in better with the lunch interval at the cricket?
  • vert1go 2 years ago

Oh and by the way - those numbers happen to indicate real things. Facts are useful in this way.

@Spacemonkey77

You forget the absolute shit-tonne of money that Nintendo get from Pokemon licensing and their merchandise.
  • vert1go 2 years ago

Underestimating how big Mario Kart, SSB and Mario sells - always a good idea.

Yes. I do.
  • SpaceMonkey77 2 years ago

Lol, was only a matter of time til some fanboy wheels out the numbers, while selectively forgetting that Wii U is selling at a snails pace after six months.

Do you really, really think that's going to improve in the next six months? 3DS and certain Wii U games aside, overall I seriously doubt it.
  • joelstinton 2 years ago

Looking forward to this!
  • vert1go 2 years ago

I bet on Miiverse for 3DS "after this ends." (More wishful)
  • vert1go 2 years ago

Yeah they're screwed. Guaranteed system sellers and multimillion sellers like those, on top of that 99.06M selling previous console and the 3DS.

@SpaceMonkey77

How are they screwed? They're rolling in cash.
  • Ignatius_Cheese 2 years ago

@darkmorgado - Then you are more of a fool than useful :) Tom is the biggest Nintendo fanboy on the EG team. He's just jaded by their recent performance.
  • jasondonervan 2 years ago

Full SNES library available and ready to buy on eShop (Wii U and 3DS) immediately after conference finishes.

#IHaveADream
  • Ignatius_Cheese 2 years ago

I'm boycotting work until I've seen what Ninty have to offer. Depending on the results, my productivity may increase or decrease. The ball is in your court, Nintendo!
  • SpaceMonkey77 2 years ago

Nintendo are screwed on the home console front. Their suits must be sweating bullets.

And probably Yarn Yoshi.
  • vert1go 2 years ago

Along with the new Retro game which may or may not be Metroid.
  • spamdangled 2 years ago

I'm getting the distinct impression that Tom really bloody hates Nintendo. Hardly the sort of person I'd trust to provide open-minded commentary on this.
  • vert1go 2 years ago

Games we know are to be at E3; Mario Kart. Zelda WW HD. New 3D Mario. Expect alongside Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, NSLU.
  • Ignatius_Cheese 2 years ago

Given that Nintendo Direct is pre-recorded, unless they intersperse it with some live comments from the top bods, a reaction to the PS4 price is unlikely :(
  • introiboad 2 years ago

Nintendo need to make a big game splash here. At this point their project Cafe feels more diluted than what you get in German motorway rest stops.
  • bradking 2 years ago

Okay , thanks for the help! 45 Minutes to go .. :)

@Der_tolle_Emil

Miyamoto has said he has absolutely no plans at all for F-Zero anymore as he can't think of anything new to do with it that would justify a new entry.
  • Der_tolle_Emil 2 years ago

@bradking: If you had a system restore from a backup thats +-2 months old you might want to check your DST settings.
  • Der_tolle_Emil 2 years ago

Regarding price cuts: I don't see a direct price cut as something Nintendo would want to do - bundles, however, especially with their upcoming 1st party lineup sound much more likely though.
  • mentalabhoration 2 years ago

Will the stream work? don't make me listen to that awful waffling on IGN again please.
  • bradking 2 years ago

Yeah. My phone has the countdown correctly . i did have to change the time a few days ago as had system restore could that have affected the js ?
  • SpaceMonkey77 2 years ago

There's little Nintendo can do. They are last gen and have few games.
  • Der_tolle_Emil 2 years ago

@bradking: Timezone set correctly as well?
  • vert1go 2 years ago

I hear they're going to actually show footage of gameplay. I know, I know, a new idea but just bear with it...
  • jasondonervan 2 years ago

Please be excited.
  • bradking 2 years ago

the time on my pc is 14:08 . Exactly the same time as every other device i own :L
  • The12thMonkey 2 years ago

That Riker .gif has single handedly ruined my last ten minutes of productivity
  • jamyskis 2 years ago

I'm hoping that Nintendo don't botch this up. The console desperately needs some first-party class acts to build on the goodwill that it has garnered after the disaster that was the Xbox One.

If Nintendo get it right this done and they don't let Reggie's hubris get in the way of things, they have an ideal opportunity to become second-placed in this race.
  • kassmageant 2 years ago

Sold xbox' was going to buy ps 3 for the last of us, but since itlooks like gaikai for ps 4 will take care of that - you actually have a chance at grabbing my attention ninny, show watcha got gurl!

@bradking
    ---
    Why is e3.nintendo.com countdown stopped yet UK has to wait till 3pm ?
    ---

Because you have set your time wrong on your computer (countdown is javascript and reacts to your local time)
  • jamyskis 2 years ago

@Xboned

1) Agreed.
    2) Awesome name.
  • bradking 2 years ago

Why is e3.nintendo.com countdown stopped yet UK has to wait till 3pm ?
  • StooMonster 2 years ago

Nintendo 3DS XL with Animal Crossing is very much on my youngest's birthday wish list. But the household still hasn't seen any reason to want a Wii U yet ? perhaps the big N can change that this afternoon?
  • Darren 2 years ago

I think I will give this one a miss, just like I did the Wii U! :p
  • patriot 2 years ago

Dat .jpg :D
  • Xboned 2 years ago

Wii U , this is your chance to make a name for yourself, after all the kids laughed at you and called you ginger, go out there and let them know you won't be pushed around anymore.

@ShiftBreaker
    So, what are the chances of Nintendo finally setting up an account system?
    That has already been announced and confirmed quite a while ago. Of course, they haven't introduced it yet but they said that the WiiU/3DS shop will merge in every way possible by the end of 2013 (I think?)
  • TechnicPuppet 2 years ago

@Arsecake_Baker

I was non stop on Fire Emblem Awakening at the weekend. Never thought I would like a game like that but i'm a bit obsessed.
  • ShiftBreaker 2 years ago

So, what are the chances of Nintendo finally setting up an account system?
  • ollyn 2 years ago

I should have said Console showing because 3Ds showing has been top notch.
  • Der_tolle_Emil 2 years ago

If they show even the slightest bit of F-Zero they've "won" E3 as far as I am concerned.
  • ollyn 2 years ago

Not been really that hyped about nintendo but the closer it comes the more intrigued i become. Come on Nintendo get your arses in gear your showing in the last 12 months has been embarrassing heres your chance to set the record straight.
  • Der_tolle_Emil 2 years ago

Finally, some games! Also, Reggie is awesome.
  • Xboned 2 years ago

My wish list, Metroid, F-Zero, Starfox , and a glimpse of a new Zelda for Wii U.

I now instead I will get Mario Party 10, but I can dream
  • StooMonster 2 years ago

Nintendo have got an E3 conference? Wow, with all the Apple, Microsoft and Sony news yesterday I'd completely forgotten about the big N.
  • spamdangled 2 years ago

I'm really excited to see what they're cooking up for the new 3D Mario.
  • KuningasDon 2 years ago

Ps 4 and Wii U will find their places at my home very soon!
  • MPuzzlemanLives 2 years ago

I think a price cut is a sure thing after Sony's PS4 price release.
  • Arsecake_Baker 2 years ago

@TechnicPuppet

Same here, just recently bought back into handhelds with a 3DSXL and Monster Hunter, not been on the pc or console since!
  • smoothpete 2 years ago

I could do with a laugh
  • Psiloc 2 years ago

Don't see why they can't easily take second place. Good luck Ninty, my old friend.
  • Pacman8MyGhostkart 2 years ago

Price cut for Wii-U or early adopters plan.

One of those with Bayonetta 2 and the Wonderful 101 coming this Xmas may make me finally bite!
  • Pacman8MyGhostkart 2 years ago

It's that time again people.

Get hype for a presser that will (hopefully) be more in-game than CGI!
  • TechnicPuppet 2 years ago

Woop Woop. As a new 3DS owner(first time with Nintendo console) I have no idea what I want to see. But show me something good anyways.
  • Lethally-Obese 2 years ago

They'd better hit extremely hard on this one, or it's going to be an even more difficult story for them.

13:55 By Tom Phillips

Welcome to another E3 showing from Nintendo! This year we get a more low key pre-recorded Nintendo Direct broadcast rather than the usual fancypants conference.

13:57 By Tom Phillips

After Microsoft and Sony's squabbling we'll hopefully get to the main event - a chance to see Nintendo legend Shigeru Miyamoto cosplay as Link.

13:58 By Tom Phillips

13:59 By Tom Phillips

Nintendo of America ass-kicker Reggie will also surely make an appearance. If you don't watch he'll know.

13:59 By Tom Phillips

14:01 By Tom Phillips

A pre-recorded event will hopefully mean a showing without any Wii Remote technical problems or endless 4-player demos of Pac-Man Versus (remember that year?)

14:01 By Tom Phillips

14:04 By Tom Phillips

What will Nintendo call its next 3D Mario, then? Mario Galaxy 3 - no, wait, that's Sega's new Sonic game.

14:06 By Tom Phillips

14:08 By Tom Phillips

That's your man Reggie, Nintendo of America's Bill Trinen, European boss Satoru Shibata, Miyamoto and Iwata, there. Aonuma obviously had trouble getting his Black Widow costume on.

MPuzzlemanLives says:

I think a price cut is a sure thing after Sony's PS4 price release.

14:11 By Tom Phillips

Retailers are already selling the Wii U at huge discount in the UK, some as low as £199. Will Nintendo make this official, or throw in a couple of extra games?

14:13 By Tom Phillips

Hey Nintendo, announce a new Retro Studios-developed Metroid game and I'll let you off the £300 I spent back last November.

14:14 By Tom Phillips

Ignatius_Cheese says:

14:25 By Tom Phillips

The conference won't just be about Wii U, of course. 3DS has lots to look forward to, including a new Zelda: Link to the Past sequel, Pokémon X/Y and its own version of Smash Bros.

14:25 By Christian Donlan

Advance Wars. Please?

14:25 By Tom Phillips

Perhaps even a 3DS XXL with an integrated Circle Pad, too?

14:34 By Martin Robinson

Dare to dream...

Eldritch says:

Axelay 2.

14:37 By Christian Donlan

What are the chances of a Retro-made Stunt Race FX?

14:42 By Martin Robinson

I paid £80 for Stunt Race FX when it came out. Such a mug.

14:44 By Christian Donlan

Tetrisphere. Now there is a game.

14:44 By Christian Donlan

No regrets.

14:46 By Christian Donlan

@Erp - REALLY?! That is genuinely exciting to hear.

14:46 By Christian Donlan

Surely Tetrisphere would be amazing in 3D, too.

14:51 By Christian Donlan

@Skith666 - as long as you aren't a surgeon, I think you'll be okay.

14:52 By Christian Donlan

Or a pilot.

14:55 By Christian Donlan

@Erp - I'm on it. Thanks so much!

15:01 By Christian Donlan

We're in! Pokemon X and Y.

15:02 By Christian Donlan

My favourite chromosomes.

15:02 By Christian Donlan

The leaks were true! Fairy Pokemon.

15:02 By Christian Donlan

Take that Dragon Pokemon.

15:03 By Christian Donlan

I saw a man eating a bag of Walkers with a pair of chopsticks the other day.

Mr.Spo says:

Yeah, EG's feed isn't working. http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/
Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-
Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.ht
ml

15:05 By Christian Donlan

New 3D Mario.

15:05 By Christian Donlan

Looks 3D Landish.

15:06 By Christian Donlan

Super Mario 3D World for Wii U.

15:07 By Christian Donlan

Four players in a 3D world. Mario Luigi Toad and Princess Peach.

15:07 By Christian Donlan

Toad is faster, for example.

15:07 By Christian Donlan

Co-op or competition.

15:08 By Christian Donlan

New power-up: Cat Mario. He is sick everywhere and ruins armchairs.

15:08 By Christian Donlan

Not really - can climb walls and scratch enemies.

15:08 By Christian Donlan

Out in December.

15:08 By Tom Phillips

Mario Kart for Wii U next!

15:09 By Tom Phillips

Looks like it has vertical walls, and wheels which can turn round to grab different surfaces.

15:10 By Tom Phillips

Of course there's a Princess Peach's Castle level.

15:10 By Tom Phillips

And it's called... Mario Kart 8!

15:11 By Martin Robinson

Mario Kart 8's coming out in Spring 2014.

15:11 By Robert Purchese

It's not just racing other players but sharing the fun with other people around the world. Mario Kart 8 will launch in spring 2014.

15:12 By Martin Robinson

And, in far less exciting news, it's a new Mario Party.

15:12 By Martin Robinson

Wii Party U a mix of party games, naturally - it's at least a good workout for the GamePad.

15:12 By Martin Robinson

It was intended for release this summer - but it's being pushed back to an undisclosed date.

15:12 By Martin Robinson

ALSO DELAYED! Wii Fit U.

15:13 By Martin Robinson

Being delayed for new features.

15:13 By Martin Robinson

And another apology from Iwata. Maybe they should announce that you can play used games on the Wii U seeing as that's a feature now?

15:14 By Martin Robinson

On to the Miiverse now.

15:14 By Martin Robinson

There's a new instalment of Art Academy but - this is a trend here - it's not near completion.

15:15 By Martin Robinson

But the drawing tool developed for it will be available on the eShop this summer.

15:15 By Martin Robinson

Giving Miiverse creations another boost.

15:15 By Martin Robinson

I'm already in awe of what's on the Miiverse. This is actually quite exciting.

15:16 By Martin Robinson

Also Dan in the office has just noticed how intense Iwata's eyebrows are.

15:16 By Martin Robinson

Running through third-party offerings now - there's Batman: Arkham Origins, on Wii U and 3DS.

15:17 By Martin Robinson

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut, Just Dance and Disney Infinity.

15:17 By Martin Robinson

Scribblenauts DC, again on Wii U and 3DS, and Disney's Planes.

15:18 By Martin Robinson

Blacklist is coming on August 21st, and Sonic Galaxy - sorry, Sonic Lost World - is due this year.

15:18 By Martin Robinson

All stuff we knew about, but it's a sizeable list nevertheless.

15:19 By Martin Robinson

This could be an announcement of sorts - Nintendo's support of indies, which is already fairly strong, is rumoured to be bolstered soon.

15:19 By Martin Robinson

There's DuckTales, Dungeons and Dragons. Wait, these aren't indies? Sorry, they're digital downloads.

15:20 By Martin Robinson

Scram Kitty and Shovel Knight and Spin the Bottle - now they're proper indies.

15:20 By Martin Robinson

Legend of Zelda Wind Waker now.

15:21 By Martin Robinson

There's a new video. It's HD, obviously. Some of the purity of the original's cel-shading's been lost, though, and I can't help but feel sad about that.

15:21 By Martin Robinson

The bloom that we saw in our first look's been toned down, mind, and this looks a lot more convincing.

15:22 By Martin Robinson

Will they be restoring the infamous missing dungeons?

15:22 By Martin Robinson

The Wii U version runs at 1080p.

15:23 By Martin Robinson

And there have been adjustments to the game....

15:24 By Martin Robinson

Right now, they're just announcing that the Tingle Tuner - previously accessed by hooking up a GBA to the GameCube - is aped by the GamePad. Kind of - you can now post to MiiVerse with the Tingle Tuner.

15:24 By Martin Robinson

Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD is due in October.

15:24 By Martin Robinson

Wonderful 101 now, which is out before then.

15:24 By Christian Donlan

Ohhh BOY. Back in time for WOnderful 101.

15:25 By Christian Donlan

Lovely hit-pause in this one. It feels like you're chewing through baddies.

15:25 By Martin Robinson

Which is out on August 23rd over here. Not long to wait!

15:25 By Christian Donlan

Do go on Twitter and ask Kamiya if Bayonetta's going to end up in Smash Bros, BTW. That always turns out well.

15:26 By Christian Donlan

The spirit of Viewtiful Joe is alive and well.

15:26 By Martin Robinson

There'll be a Wonderful 101 dedicated Direct soon.

15:27 By Martin Robinson

A new Kong game. Exciting, but please tell me this isn't what Retro's been up to all this time.

15:27 By Christian Donlan

Is this what Retro's been up to? Adding jelly to Donkey Kong?

15:28 By Christian Donlan

Donkey Kong's island has been over-run by vikings.

15:28 By Martin Robinson

It'll be the first Donkey Kong in HD.

15:28 By Martin Robinson

And you can see his fur flowing! I don't want to see the Retro logo anywhere near this, though.

15:29 By Martin Robinson

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, coming out later this year.

15:29 By Martin Robinson

Oh well, we're about to see Bayonetta from the... front? Say what Iwata?

15:30 By Martin Robinson

She's got shorter hair. The camera's still a total perv too.

15:31 By Christian Donlan

Ulp. Looks like Donkey Kong is being made by Retro.

15:31 By Martin Robinson

Yeah, short hair is a feature.

15:31 By Martin Robinson

Just heard that Donkey Kong is being developed by Retro....

15:31 By Christian Donlan

Maybe Nintendo has asked Double Helix to make the new Metroid.

15:31 By Martin Robinson

Oh well. Bayonetta 2 looks great in action.

15:32 By Christian Donlan

Topical.

15:32 By Martin Robinson

It's dead. As is my heart right now.

Progguitarist says:

Where is METROID

15:33 By Martin Robinson

On the plus side, Monolithsoft's RPG looks absolutely marvellous.

15:33 By Martin Robinson

The goal's to create a large scale open world, says Iwata.

15:34 By Martin Robinson

Leaning on the experience from Xenoblade.

15:34 By Christian Donlan

Monolithsoft's working on a large-scale open world. Wii U. Robots and dinosaurs.

15:34 By Christian Donlan

2014. Please stay tuned.

15:34 By Martin Robinson

Robots, big arse monsters and an amazing open world. A 2014 release.

15:34 By Christian Donlan

ONE FINAL GAME.

15:34 By Martin Robinson

Smash Bros. to take us home.

15:35 By Christian Donlan

Tell me that Nook Jerk is in Smash Bros.

15:35 By Martin Robinson

If you could smackdown Nook that would indeed be a thing.

15:35 By Christian Donlan

Can you hit someone with Link's train?

15:36 By Christian Donlan

Metroid. Too soon, Nintendo. Too soon.

15:36 By Christian Donlan

VILLAGER!

15:36 By Martin Robinson

Alright, you can play as the villager from Animal Crossing.

15:36 By Christian Donlan

Super Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U. Knock over trees!

15:36 By Martin Robinson

Mega Man's in it this time.

15:37 By Christian Donlan

Lordy, and Mega Man's in it too.

15:37 By Martin Robinson

But yeah, the villager from Animal Crossing! Exciting, right?

15:38 By Christian Donlan

Smash Bros website and Miiverse community opening today by the sounds of it.

15:38 By Martin Robinson

Being released in 2014.

15:38 By Christian Donlan

Sorry Martin!

15:39 By Martin Robinson

Don't forget that Retro's making a new game! Oh, and it's a new Donkey Kong. Yeah, that wasn't all that.

Pro_wrestler says:

15:39 By Christian Donlan

Hmm. Some lovely stuff in there, but some real disappointments too.

15:39 By Christian Donlan

Mario looks great, but I think a lot of us were hoping for a Galaxy follow-up of some kind.

15:40 By Christian Donlan

And no Metroid.

15:40 By Christian Donlan

There's always Gamescom?

15:40 By Martin Robinson

That's the end of the conferences. There's plenty more to come from E3, of course.

15:40 By Martin Robinson

Oli's going to be checking out Nintendo's games later today, and will be giving you his impressions soon.

15:40 By Christian Donlan

By this point, Nintendo might as well call its E3 press event: There's Always Gamescom.

15:41 By Martin Robinson

Plus there's plenty more to discover from Sony and Microsoft et al.

Sid-Nice says:

When does this start?

15:42 By Martin Robinson

@Sid-Nice come back in 12 months and maybe they'll have something?

15:45 By Martin Robinson

Well, that old Zelda game looked nice, didn't it?

15:49 By Martin Robinson

It's not looking like a great Christmas for Nintendo - going up against two new consoles with a ten-year-old Zelda and a Mario that, quite honestly, looks rushed.

15:54 By Martin Robinson

Sorry, just had to go and wipe away the tears, which seems to be something of a tradition when it comes to Nintendo at E3 lately. Anyway, that's a wrap. Hope you can join us here for the rest of the show!

16:01 By Christian Donlan

Still! At least we learned there's a Tetrisphere clone on Android, right?