The Game Developers Conference kicks off in San Francisco this week. To celebrate, Eurogamer is launching a brand new internet telly show featuring some of the biggest names in the business.
GDC After Dusk is hosted by regular Eurogamer contributor John Teti (The A.V. Club, The Daily Show) and deputy editor Ellie Gibson (sometimes she does videos for the BBC about robots).
Astonishingly, Teti and Gibson are not the most important people who have signed up to appear on the programme. Guests will include the artist formerly known as Cliffy B, Frontier's David Braben and Peter "You never know, he might accidentally announce his new game" Molyneux.* Not to mention Ron Gilbert of Monkey Island fame, Minecraft creator Markus Persson and several more.
They'll be taking part in wide-ranging conversations about the craft and artistry of games, it says here. In other words, GDC After Dusk is your chance to get a taste of what the Game Developers Conference is all about.
It's also an opportunity for developers to take a break from all that marketing nonsense and talk about games on a more personal level, simply as creators, and without facing the immediate threat of physical violence from PR people.
The three episodes of GDC After Dusk will be published on Eurogamer.net on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday this week and you can watch them below as they go live.
* LEGAL DISCLAIMER: Eurogamer does not promise that Peter Molyneux will accidentally announce his new game on GDC After Dusk. Let's face it, he'll probably just say something about dogs.
Episode I - Indie Night - Wednesday 2nd March
- Markus Persson (Creator, Minecraft)
- Chris Hecker (Creator, Spy Party)
- Kellee Santiago (Co-founder, thatgamecompany)
- Andy Schatz (Creator, Monaco)
Episode II - Thursday 3rd March
- Cliff Bleszinski (Design director, Epic Games)
- Jason Kapalka (Chief creative officer, PopCap Games)
- David Perry (Founder, Shiny Entertainment)
Episode III - Friday 4th March
- Peter Molyneux (Creative director, Microsoft Game Studios Europe)
- David Braben (Founder, Frontier Developments)
- Ron Gilbert (Double Fine Productions)
But wait! Now you can enjoy GDC After Dusk in podcast format!
Bit backward? Maybe you don't want video and you would prefer to experience the fine programming of GDC After Dusk via audio alone? Go for it.
Download GDC After Dusk's interview with Chris Hecker and Markus Persson as an MP3, or click to listen:
Download GDC After Dusk's interview with Kellee Santiago and Andy Schatz as an MP3, or click to listen:
Download GDC After Dusk's interview with Cliff Bleszinski as an MP3, or click to listen:
Download GDC After Dusk's interview with David Perry and Jason Kapalka as an MP3, or click to listen:
Download GDC After Dusk's interview with Ron Gilbert as an MP3, or click to listen:
Download GDC After Dusk's interview with Peter Molyneux and David Braben as an MP3, or click to listen: