Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2745

  • Page

    of 2800 First / Last

  • cjb_bjc 20 Aug 2014 22:21:12 1,120 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Alright guys. Alright! Somehow must of missed it. I must live some boring sheltered life! But anyway its great. And I think I'm gonna buy the second now too.
  • jablonski 20 Aug 2014 22:23:42 4,371 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    MrFlay wrote:
    The Raid is one of those hipster movies like Drive that the mainstream film mags go mad for. Empire especially because at heart they feel inferior to Sight & Sound for which many of them also write.
    Bollocks.
    Drive is indeed a derivative glossy pastiche made for 20 something vapid hipsters, Raid is made with a pure love of its genre, and the passion to push the boundaries
  • monkman76 20 Aug 2014 22:25:26 4,728 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    jablonski wrote:
    Drive is indeed a derivative glossy pastiche made for 20 something vapid hipsters
    TAKE COVER!!
  • Gremmoo 20 Aug 2014 22:32:42 888 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    anfony like Cornish pastiche.
  • Aargh, 20 Aug 2014 22:36:08 292 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Drive is a type of glossy nut?

    Operating systems complete me

  • MrFlay 20 Aug 2014 22:38:24 986 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    jablonski wrote:
    MrFlay wrote:
    The Raid is one of those hipster movies like Drive that the mainstream film mags go mad for. Empire especially because at heart they feel inferior to Sight & Sound for which many of them also write.
    Bollocks.
    Drive is indeed a derivative glossy pastiche made for 20 something vapid hipsters, Raid is made with a pure love of its genre, and the passion to push the boundaries
    I never said either was a bad movie. I like both but you can't deny they are prime hipster fodder. Empire even had guides on how to look like the Driver.
  • Mola_Ram 20 Aug 2014 23:51:22 7,682 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The Raid? Hipster? Huh?

    Wtf does one have to do with the other? Are you saying that people who loved The Raid didn't genuinely love it?
  • captainrentboy 21 Aug 2014 00:10:07 1,022 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I love The Raid and it's sequel, it's deffo because I'm the biggest mother fucking hipster there is.
    It's not because I've loved martial arts movies since I was like 6 or anything, nope, it's because I've got a disgustingly greasy twirled up moustache and love wearing shit clothing.
  • sirtacos 21 Aug 2014 01:19:22 7,316 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Tourist

    Limp, unexciting film with shit acting and dialogue and also it doesn't make any sense.

    4/10
  • -cerberus- 21 Aug 2014 02:30:43 3,143 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Eulogy

    Funniest dark comedy I've seen in a while. Highly recommended.

    8/10

    Law Abiding Citizen

    Don't fuck with Gerard Butler.

    8.5/10

    Take the plastic bag challenge to cure stupidity.

  • khaz 21 Aug 2014 04:17:20 2,815 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    jablonski wrote:
    MrFlay wrote:
    The Raid is one of those hipster movies like Drive that the mainstream film mags go mad for. Empire especially because at heart they feel inferior to Sight & Sound for which many of them also write.
    Bollocks.
    Drive is indeed a derivative glossy pastiche made for 20 something vapid hipsters, Raid is made with a pure love of its genre, and the passion to push the boundaries
    The fuck. They're both good movies in their own way and that's that.

    Don't take it out on poor hipsters, they're such fragile creatures.
  • Subquest 22 Aug 2014 11:16:31 312 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Blue Ruin

    Homeless guy learns his parents' killer is to be freed. Sets about taking revenge, and in the process creates an almighty mess. Low budget but well shot, well acted, and somewhat thoughtful on the act of revenge and the collateral damage it can cause.

    8/10
  • CosmicFuzz 22 Aug 2014 11:21:23 24,850 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I really enjoyed Blue Ruin. Some incredibly tense scenes towards the end!

    Looking for a new video game podcast? Try ours! (And give us a rating on iTunes!) :)

  • twelveways 22 Aug 2014 11:32:58 4,063 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Divergent

    Absolute drivel/10

    People are segregated depending on their personalities, the coolest group are DAUNTLESS because they wear black and jump out of moving trains and like to climb stuff, they are so cool. Also they run everywhere. The other groups are farmers, who farm and are always happy because they farm, clever people who are dicks because they are clever, helpful people who are like the government but always help people and honest people, who are honest.

    Some girl who is a bit ugly can't decide what she wants to be, OMG she is DIVERGENT!!! She can't tell anyone coz they will kill her for reasons never fully explained. She joins the people who like running around wearing black who apparently defend everyone else but they never explain from who or what.

    Kate Winslet is in it.

    I would recommend this movie if you are a 13 year old girl who is finding it hard to fit into society or if you like really shit movies.
  • Tonka 22 Aug 2014 11:34:35 20,787 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    /is both


    \o/

    If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

  • glaeken 22 Aug 2014 11:54:02 11,221 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Captain America winter soldier - 7/10 - Not bad. Quite a good story though as normal with super hero movies these days they had to set the destruction dial to 11 for the final 30 minutes or so and it was massive CGI explosions time.
  • chopsen 22 Aug 2014 12:43:54 16,125 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Kitten Party (on Neflix)

    Really let down by the writing and lack of narrative. The premise is outlined quite early on (Whiskers has to tidy up the place before the other kittens arrive for the party) but then this is completely sidelined as soon as the others arrive. The place is just as messy as it was in the beginning.

    Similar to other films in the genre such as The Raid and The Raid 2, it consists of a series of set pieces, where one character faces off to another. To give this film it's due, the fights really do look realistic - it's hard to believe the kittens are actually acting and not really at each other's throats. The quality of the performances more than make up for the lack of decent special effects.

    Ultimately it's quite an empty experience, as aforementioned lack of narrative and lack of character development in the writing means athat it's difficult to engage with and really care about the outcome of the party. Was it a success in the end? I don't know, I gave up after 10 minutes. Avoid.

    0/10

    Edited by Chopsen at 12:45:57 22-08-2014
  • Mola_Ram 22 Aug 2014 13:04:35 7,682 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Fucking hipster
  • Tonka 22 Aug 2014 13:26:43 20,787 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Kitten Party needs to be seen on IMAX really.

    If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

  • mattk84 22 Aug 2014 13:31:28 513 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Insidious 4/10

    A promising start but descends into farce towards the end.

    PSN ID IMrAndersonI

  • consoledelight 22 Aug 2014 22:59:54 160 posts
    Seen 49 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Zombieland - 8/10

    Must be the 10th time I've seen this film and yet i still enjoy it. From what must be one of the best opening sequences in a film to the ending and all the braaaaains in between, it still entertains.
    Still wishing for a sequel.
  • HarryPalmer 22 Aug 2014 23:07:35 3,409 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    Kitten Party (on Neflix)

    Really let down by the writing and lack of narrative. The premise is outlined quite early on (Whiskers has to tidy up the place before the other kittens arrive for the party) but then this is completely sidelined as soon as the others arrive. The place is just as messy as it was in the beginning.

    Similar to other films in the genre such as The Raid and The Raid 2, it consists of a series of set pieces, where one character faces off to another. To give this film it's due, the fights really do look realistic - it's hard to believe the kittens are actually acting and not really at each other's throats. The quality of the performances more than make up for the lack of decent special effects.

    Ultimately it's quite an empty experience, as aforementioned lack of narrative and lack of character development in the writing means athat it's difficult to engage with and really care about the outcome of the party. Was it a success in the end? I don't know, I gave up after 10 minutes. Avoid.

    0/10
    Reads like a 6 tbh.
  • SYS64738 22 Aug 2014 23:34:57 1,687 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Captain America The Winter Soldier

    I'm not a Marvel fan which doesn't help but found this such a chore to watch. Acting and story is nothing but meh, CGI overdose means it feels more like a video game than a movie. The plot essentially just jumps from one set piece/level to the next. Trying to stay awake proved to be a challenge.

    4/10

    PSN: SYS64738_UK

  • captainrentboy 22 Aug 2014 23:35:08 1,022 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Expendables 3 - 10%
    Fuuuuuuck me that was absolutely horrendous. 70 minutes of terribly boring action sequences, where Sly and Co either shoot thousands of lined up dust filled bad guys, or fly around in piss poor CG aircraft shooting at other piss poor CG aircraft. Then there's 20 minutes where the cast of old and young 'uns give that pesky acting malarkey a go, and fail miserably.
    Gibson, Banderas and Snipes got 5% each, but then I remembered how much Ortiz and Rousey offended me, so I knocked 5 off again.
  • SYS64738 22 Aug 2014 23:36:02 1,687 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    twelveways wrote:
    Divergent

    Absolute drivel/10

    People are segregated depending on their personalities, the coolest group are DAUNTLESS because they wear black and jump out of moving trains and like to climb stuff, they are so cool. Also they run everywhere. The other groups are farmers, who farm and are always happy because they farm, clever people who are dicks because they are clever, helpful people who are like the government but always help people and honest people, who are honest.

    Some girl who is a bit ugly can't decide what she wants to be, OMG she is DIVERGENT!!! She can't tell anyone coz they will kill her for reasons never fully explained. She joins the people who like running around wearing black who apparently defend everyone else but they never explain from who or what.

    Kate Winslet is in it.

    I would recommend this movie if you are a 13 year old girl who is finding it hard to fit into society or if you like really shit movies.
    Pretty comprehensive summary, GF convinced me to watch this the other night and ... yeah.

    PSN: SYS64738_UK

  • DanB24 22 Aug 2014 23:42:49 2,133 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Jurassic Park 3 6/10
    Yes I was a bit late in watching this one. It waited until I got the trilogy box set on blu-ray.
    No discernible plot but Sam Neil's a good as ever and the Dinosaurs are always awesome so I still enjoyed it more than Jurassic Park 2.:lol: Not a patch on the 1st one which is still a real classic even today imo (10/10 for JP1)

    And just in time for me to get back into the Dino's as Jurassic World (JP4) is out next year.

    Edited by DanB24 at 23:43:03 22-08-2014
  • Bremenacht 22 Aug 2014 23:45:35 18,719 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Kitten Party is on Netflix??!!! Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

    Time for some Kitten Party/American Psycho back to back action.
  • MrE26 22 Aug 2014 23:46:24 1,960 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Raid 2 was originally a stand-alone film called Berandal that they couldn't get funding for, so they knocked up a relatively cheap film instead (The Raid.) Due to it's success they retrofitted the Berandal script to act as a follow up. That's why they're pretty much entirely different films.

    I really enjoyed them both, & The Raid 2's final hour is fucking astonishing, but in no way does it warrant a 150 minute running time.

    Edited by MrE26 at 23:46:42 22-08-2014
  • nickthegun 23 Aug 2014 08:39:27 60,440 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lucy:

    I went out for my leaving drinks last night and then a few of us thought it would be go and see this (so this review is filtered through six pints of peroni).

    Mega spoiler: Scarlett Johanssen gains access to 100% of her brain and uses it to turn into a USB drive.

    The entire premise makes it almost intolerable. Every time it was mentioned you could hear someone in the audience tut to themselves but its a Luc Besson movie so it looks amazing, it rattles along at a fair old pace and SJ manages to carry off the whole, stupid premise pretty well.

    And, to save you some time, the thing youve seen the bad guy in is Old Boy (Oh Dae-Su) who is, incidentally, amazing despite not speaking more than a few dozen words in korean.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

  • CosmicFuzz 23 Aug 2014 09:19:33 24,850 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Old Boy! That was it.

    And yeah, I'd agree with that. It's shite premise, but it looks nice and doesn't pad itself out with anything. The car chase scene is great.

    It was actually quite refreshing to see a dumb 90 minute action movie that wasn't 3and a half hours long with dragged out set pieces and boring characters.

    Looking for a new video game podcast? Try ours! (And give us a rating on iTunes!) :)

  • Page

    of 2800 First / Last

Log in or register to reply