Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2333

• Page

of 2801 First / Last

• Deleted user 4 September 2013 20:34:13
    If you change your signature to "meme is ace" then it will be done.
  • Deckard1 4 Sep 2013 20:36:10 28,741 posts
    Seen 47 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Making some friends Grem?
  • DFawkes 4 Sep 2013 20:36:48 23,350 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Too late, 2 people supposedly against spoilers quoted you, so if you fix it they become the problem. I think that's ironic, but I don't get irony so probably not.

I'll still change my sig though :)

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Deleted user 4 September 2013 20:37:05
    Deckard IS A REPLICANT
  • Deleted user 4 September 2013 20:44:07
    I'm spoiler-tagging the below description of why the spoiler I spoiled doesn't really spoil anything, but ironically by doing so I spoil other parts of the movie, so don't accidentally hover or look at this on Android or any other myriad reasons why spoiler tags don't work on the site.

Tom Cruise being a clone only serves a single function within the scope of the film - shoehorning in a happy ending of "I AM CLONE 51 BUT I REMEMBER EVERYTHING SO WE CAN BE A FAMILY YAY" - yet still keeping the terrible cliche of self-sacrifice to vanquish the Big Bad intact. They could have dropped the clone angle completely and it would have only benefited the film, making the cliche of self-sacrifice actually mean something - "now I have discovered who I really am, I choose to destroy myself" - and removing the generic saccharine schmaltz of the end.
  • Load_2.0 4 Sep 2013 21:08:43 19,444 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tom Cruise doesn't see ghosts, he IS a ghost.

And a woman.

Plus he doesn't have a limp.
  • Madder-Max 4 Sep 2013 21:35:07 11,660 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    How ironic

99 problems and being ginger is one

• oldschoolsoviet 4 Sep 2013 21:35:43 5,503 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Christ, the 'twists' in Oblivion are so bloody obvious and foretold it'd take someone with severe brain damage not to see them coming. Funny how people hate it because of Cruise, but put somebody else in the lead and it'd be the predictable story taking the flak. Complex it isn't.

The Iceman - 8/10

Biographical tale of Mr Richard Kuklinski, loving family man, father of two, and a mob enforcer/killer for almost 30 years. Pretty damn good, aside from RAY FUCKING LIOTTA. I knew he'd be there, with an easy mob caricature to play, though thankfully in small amounts. Shannon is excellent, (aside from the eerily similarly to 007 Jaws Richard Kiel) and a small part by David Schwimmer being upstaged by a cameo from the Ghostbusters firehouse. Blink and you'll miss it.

Super 8 - 6/10

Tries to be an attempt at recapturing a Goonies-style tale. Mystery, coming-of-age, adventure, yadda, yadda....
    Pity then that the kids are so bland, and the 70/80's setting wasn't really utilised, almost resorting to a backwards 50's retro sci-fi feel.

The Revenant - 7/10

Erm......where to start ? American GI, gunned down in Iraq, shipped home and buried. Two days later, he's awake, stinking up his best friend's flat, as the pair of them try to figure out what the hell is going on, and how to proceed.
    Black comedy/horror, that's fairly messed up, and goes completely mental by the final third. Completely mental. The closing scenes especially......
  • Deleted user 4 September 2013 21:38:47
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    Ghostbusters firehouse.
    I thought it was! I commented to my wife when it sprang up and she looked at me like I was mad. Good film, though. Aside from Ray Liotta yamming his chops and David Schwimmer's rat tail.
  • Bremenacht 4 Sep 2013 21:50:02 18,737 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Can someone tell me the twist for Gravity please, just so I know it really is obvious before the film comes out and then it becomes obvious that it was obvious all along, as obvious things obviously are.
  • Deleted user 4 September 2013 21:51:14
    The twist is that THEY ARE IN SPACE.
  • nickthegun 4 Sep 2013 21:54:28 60,480 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The inevitable half hour scene with no cuts is done with camera trickery.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Deleted user 4 September 2013 21:56:19
    F=Gm1m2/r^2
  • oldschoolsoviet 4 Sep 2013 21:57:50 5,503 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The trailer has sound in the vacuum, but the film won't. So as not to upset the special people.
  • Bremenacht 4 Sep 2013 22:05:49 18,737 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's sooooo ooooobbbbbbbbbbbbbbviouuuuuuuuuuuusssssssssss

/hasn't seen it
  • Madder-Max 4 Sep 2013 22:46:36 11,660 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @oldschoolsoviet

Yeah okay Captain Hindsight!

99 problems and being ginger is one

• MrSensible 4 Sep 2013 22:51:02 25,221 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Super

I went into this assuming I'd like it, as I'm a fan of Kick Ass, Rainn Wilson and especially Ellen Page. I wasn't disappointed! Very dark in places and also very funny... brutal too!

My girlfriend wasn't sold on the scene where Boltie essentially rapes Frank though.

8/10 for me.

Edited by thefilthandthefury at 22:57:53 04-09-2013
  • Bremenacht 4 Sep 2013 22:53:58 18,737 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    meme wrote:
    F=G^r3mm/1
    I see what you did there.
  • Deleted user 5 September 2013 00:03:15
    Dragon(Donnie Yen film) 79/100

Following Deckard1's suggestion the other day in a thread.

A really well made film that could probably do with being a little longer and contain slight more of what it does so well. There was a moment in the film that surprised me quite a bit; ie I really didn't see it coming, but it wasn't a plot twist.

The Blu-ray's Donnie Yen featurette adds some nice bits of information about a few parts of the film and its creation.

It is a film I'd happily recommend, but I would advise watching without expecting it to be of IPMan's breadth, depth and pacing.
  • captainrentboy 5 Sep 2013 00:47:07 1,023 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Riddick - 60%
    As some reviews have already pointed out, it's basically 3 short films in one.
    Lonely Sad Riddick Vs The Poisonous Swamp Monsters being the first, which is a pretty enjoyable 40 minutes, with Vin carrying it all on his own surprisingly well.
    Then there's 40 minutes of Mercs trying to find Ricardo Bertolli Riddick, whilst he acts all mischievous, hiding on top of things and perving on women whilst they shower. (It happens) That's the weakest part, as all of the Mercs are disgustingly generic and awful at acting, whilst Riddick's not in it nearly enough.
    Then the finale is a condensed version of Pitch Black all over again, but with added hover bikes, and even though it's overly familiar there's some good stuff in that section.
    So yeah, better than Chronicles but I still prefer the first.
  • Deleted user 5 September 2013 01:54:57
    Specific Rim in FREE DEEEEEE

Meh. Was okay. Cliched to fuck and in structure a virtual retread of Independence Day, but looked nice. Although, I dunno if this was just the 3D or not, but most of the time it looked less like hundred story robots and more like models in toy town. And there were loads of really stupid leaps of logic and plot holes for the sake of action scenes. "THESE THINGS ARE CLONED AND GROWN. Except this one, it's pregnant, randomly."
  • Deleted user 5 September 2013 04:47:41
    World War Z. Not in Free Dee. But in Free. AS IN VICIOUS PIRACY.

Anyway.

Shite. Vacuous, tensionless nonsense that does nothing original to a tired, overdone genre. Brad Pitt plays a combination of Most Important Man Alive/Invincible Warrior/Harbinger of Doom, appearing for large scale events to unfold around him seemingly by random chance. Most of it felt like an am-dram prequel to 28 Days Later.
  • MrSensible 5 Sep 2013 07:39:13 25,221 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    captainrentboy wrote:
    Riddick - 60%
    As some reviews have already pointed out, it's basically 3 short films in one.
    Lonely Sad Riddick Vs The Poisonous Swamp Monsters being the first, which is a pretty enjoyable 40 minutes, with Vin carrying it all on his own surprisingly well.
    Then there's 40 minutes of Mercs trying to find Ricardo Bertolli Riddick, whilst he acts all mischievous, hiding on top of things and perving on women whilst they shower. (It happens) That's the weakest part, as all of the Mercs are disgustingly generic and awful at acting, whilst Riddick's not in it nearly enough.
    Then the finale is a condensed version of Pitch Black all over again, but with added hover bikes, and even though it's overly familiar there's some good stuff in that section.
    So yeah, better than Chronicles but I still prefer the first.
    Sounds as if they went the route I was worried about :(

I'll still watch it, but my interest has definitely waned.
  • Wacko_AK 5 Sep 2013 08:28:16 196 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Riddick - 55%

Agree with most of what's being said - CaptainRentboy is spot on with the "3 short films" part. Quite a lot of cheesy one liners from all the characters. Definitely one for fans of the Riddick character but it should have been better. Starbuck fans get to see a bit of side boob that was completely unnecessary. The CGI reflected the fact it was low budget. There are quite a few laughs and there is also a contender for Cinematic death of the year - you'll know the bit when you see it
  • Robot_Chubby 5 Sep 2013 08:45:16 260 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Um, did anyone else think Meme just said 'TOM CRUISE IS A CLOWN!' shrug and move on?
  • Megapocalypse 5 Sep 2013 09:21:13 5,471 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Star Trek: Into Darkness - 8/10

Enjoyable scifi that doesn't challenge the brain at all.
  • Trane 5 Sep 2013 14:47:23 4,056 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Kick Ass 2 - 8/10

Just as enjoyable as the first, a few real belly laughs, some great action, and the pacing was perfect - no filler.
  • TheSaint 5 Sep 2013 14:55:18 14,618 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lone Ranger 7/10

I went into this with ridiculously low expectations but ended up quite enjoying it. Sure it's a bit long and 30mins could easily have been cut but the set pieces were great (especially with the music) and Depp was brilliant as Tonto.
  • wobbly_Bob 5 Sep 2013 17:30:57 1,827 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Voltaire - "I don't agree with you but I will defend with my life your right to say it" ( although there is some debate he never said that quote but why let that spoil a good quote! )

Everybody deserves an opinion, even those empty bottles that rattle loudly in the empowering protective sanctuary of internet anonymity. It's always worth while listing to others even if they are loud and obnoxious because everybody deserves a right to have their say and you never know a truth may come from an unlikely source. Wisdom is often found in the most unusual of places.

That said. Well done meme, you actually made me use the ignore button. I would quite like to enjoy listening to people's views on various movies in peace without your seeming childish tantrum posts willfully spoiling movies. It's really a shame. It's a mystery why you feel the need to behave that way. You have your reasons, I'm sure.
  • Page

of 2801 First / Last