Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2286

• Page

of 2601 First / Last

• TechnoHippy 28 Jul 2013 17:55:09 14,644 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away

This is a simply stunning display of dance and acrobatics. The story is a simple one, a girl visits a circus and is captivated by a trapeze artist. He misses his jump and falls to the ground, she rushes to help him and he is sucked into the ground to a magical world. Yes it's a love story and a good one at that.

For once (for me at any rate) story isn't king, it's the spectacle that kept me glued to the screen. All kinds of acrobatics are on display and presented in a fantastic way. There's syncronised swimming, trapeze, rope work, trampolines and all kinds of crazy machines and characters. It's a great mix of form and movement.

All the way through the dance is accompanied by an excellent soundtrack that highlights the visuals well. The visuals themselves are also worth mentioning, there's a range of effects that adds to the experience. This is an amazing and beautiful show, you should watch it right now.

10/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Deleted user 28 July 2013 18:09:00
    Todays films...

Half blood prince. 6/10

Deathly hallows 1. 8/10
    Part 2. 8/10

That's eight potter films in five days. Hard slog!

Lord of the rings extended cuts next, from memory..fellowship of the ring 10/10
    Two towers 9/10
    Return of the king 9.5/10.
    Shall see if I still think that.
  • CharlieStCloud 28 Jul 2013 20:00:09 4,700 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Choppi wrote:
    Todays films...

Half blood prince. 6/10

Deathly hallows 1. 8/10
    Part 2. 8/10

That's eight potter films in five days. Hard slog!

Lord of the rings extended cuts next.
    From memory ... Fellowship of the ring 10/10
    Two towers 9/10
    Return of the king 9.5/10

Shall see if I still think that.

CharlieStCloud wrote:
    Choppi wrote:
    No, no, no.

Just watched it and its a very average gangster movie with very cliche characters and every scene has been done before in better gangster films.

Pretty well acted though and some of the shoot outs are good. Yeah and the 40s sets, etc were nice.

A generously given 6/10
    Deja vu.

Already had a similar, if slightly less bashy, conversation a page or two ago about it!

... you got around to watching Easy A yet, Little Miss Ignorant?

: )
  • Deleted user 28 July 2013 20:01:37
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Kill List

erm idk%

Immediate reaction was "well that was shit", but after reading the film's thread on this forum and being honest about being influenced by who I watched it with (girlfriend's mom and her boyfriend) going "what's going on? This is stupid" etc, I think I need to watch it again to see what others saw.
    I thought it was shit also. Unlike you, i couldn't bring myself to watch it a 2nd time, and have since sold the Blu-ray, yes the Blu-ray, i wasted cash, quite a lot of cash when Kill List arrived. Total bollocks film, with total bollocks production values, and crap acting.

Edited by blacksea at 21:51:56 28-07-2013
  • kalel 28 Jul 2013 20:03:13 84,037 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I mostly really liked Kill List, but it all fell down at the end a bit for me.
  • morriss 28 Jul 2013 20:10:07 70,765 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The Incredibles - best superhero film ever made. 100%
  • kalel 28 Jul 2013 20:11:11 84,037 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Second best :)
  • TechnoHippy 28 Jul 2013 20:11:12 14,644 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Flight

Flight is an excellent film. It starts with two disparate lives, the first is that of a pilot who is a drunk and likes to mix that with drugs and girls. The other is a woman trying to shake her drug addiction. The pilot flies an airliner while drunk, but when disaster strikes manages to save most of the passengers onboard. It's while he is in hospital that he meets the addict and the film follows their relationship and the crash investigation.

Denzel is always good to watch in action and this is no different. In fact everyone does a great job in their roles. John Goodman as the drug dealer provides some light relief.

The flight crash is really well done. The rest of the film lacks that excitement, but that's fine as it's not what it's about. The pilot's struggle with his addiction and the investigation is the core of the story and is well filmed. It's an interesting story and while it's not the most original tale it is a very good watch.

8/10

• Baihu1983 28 Jul 2013 20:21:20 2,864 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Wrath of The Titans.

Just wasn't as much fun as the first which despite not being anything special was at least fun to watch.

Hard to hear what was being said a few times and not very well directed.
  • Megapocalypse 28 Jul 2013 20:59:06 5,230 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Cars 2 - 7/10

A different type of film to the first one but still fun.
  • SparkyMarky81 28 Jul 2013 21:08:19 529 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Baihu1983

I watched that last night and I wasn't that impressed but agree it was entertaining enough for dumb blockbuster.

At least Sam Worthington didn't look like a marine in Wrath.

I'd take the original Clash of The Titans over either of the new ones anytime.
  • M83J01P97 28 Jul 2013 21:15:59 6,391 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TechnoHippy wrote:
    Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away

This is a simply stunning display of dance and acrobatics. The story is a simple one, a girl visits a circus and is captivated by a trapeze artist. He misses his jump and falls to the ground, she rushes to help him and he is sucked into the ground to a magical world. Yes it's a love story and a good one at that.

For once (for me at any rate) story isn't king, it's the spectacle that kept me glued to the screen. All kinds of acrobatics are on display and presented in a fantastic way. There's syncronised swimming, trapeze, rope work, trampolines and all kinds of crazy machines and characters. It's a great mix of form and movement.

All the way through the dance is accompanied by an excellent soundtrack that highlights the visuals well. The visuals themselves are also worth mentioning, there's a range of effects that adds to the experience. This is an amazing and beautiful show, you should watch it right now.

10/10
    Seen this myself, while it's good, it is nothing compared to seeing Cirque Du Soleil show live. It's impossible to capture their genius on film.
  • TechnoHippy 28 Jul 2013 21:46:40 14,644 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @M83J01P97

I can imagine. I'm mildly jealous :-)

• Deleted user 28 July 2013 21:54:05
    London Boulevard (2010) 7/10

Expected more. It stars among others, the Ray Winstone, but he donít appear until 41mins into the film.

Lead actor Colin Farrell comes across as distant, just like Ryan Gosling does during Drive. Next to appear is Ben Chaplin (you might know him from Game On) and he is pretty good. Then come a whole host of faces from the past, including David Thewlis, Anna Friel (from Brookside), Eddie Marsan, Sanjeev Bhaskar (heís been in lots of TV stuff), Matt King (Peep Show), Keira Knightley, the list goes on..

London Boulevard is slow, filled with lots of typical London gangster stuff (you cunt.. and all that sort of talk), without ever really being interesting. It lacks something.

Edited by blacksea at 21:54:48 28-07-2013
  • mrpon 28 Jul 2013 21:56:21 27,664 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well I don't think that sort of language is called for at five to ten on a Sunday evening.

Give yourself £5 or Ĺ gig, you're worth it.

• Deleted user 28 July 2013 21:57:29
    M83J01P97 wrote:
    Seen this myself, while it's good, it is nothing compared to seeing Cirque Du Soleil show live. It's impossible to capture their genius on film.
    So very true. I've been to two of their shows and it truly is amazing.

Before the first one i was thinking it would be silly artsy-fartsy shite but about 10 minutes in i was oohing and ahhing along with everyone else and i found the whole thing utterly captivating.
  • Trowel 28 Jul 2013 22:01:06 16,887 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I saw Ka live a few years back, utterly mindblowing - the stage is like nothing I've ever seen. Unfortunately it's the one that woman died performing in a few weeks back :(
  • HarryPalmer 28 Jul 2013 23:02:07 2,633 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The World's End - 6/10

Doesn't compare to the first two. Made me nostalgic for Shaun and fuzz. Wished it was just pegg and frost, the rest of the cast felt out of place. And frosts personality change half way through jarred. Really dragged in places. The premise just isn't as good as the other films. Terrible effects too.

But it has its moments, and is consistently funny, just not as funny, clever or entertaining as the others. It had the whiff of middle aged men trying to recapture past glories, ironically. SHAME
  • HarryPalmer 28 Jul 2013 23:07:06 2,633 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    blacksea wrote:
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Kill List

erm idk%

Immediate reaction was "well that was shit", but after reading the film's thread on this forum and being honest about being influenced by who I watched it with (girlfriend's mom and her boyfriend) going "what's going on? This is stupid" etc, I think I need to watch it again to see what others saw.
    I thought it was shit also. Unlike you, i couldn't bring myself to watch it a 2nd time, and have since sold the Blu-ray, yes the Blu-ray, i wasted cash, quite a lot of cash when Kill List arrived. Total bollocks film, with total bollocks production values, and crap acting.
    Kill list is great. A film doesn't need to be coherent and constantly telling you what is going on. It has one of the most oppressive atmospheres I can remember, and its also funny. Ben Wheatley is one of the best filmmakers around.
  • woodnotes 28 Jul 2013 23:16:51 4,916 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Perks of Being a Wallflower - 8/10

Enjoyed this, another example of a film being different (and superior) to how it has been marketed. There were a couple of irritating noodley-indie-movie moments however - specifically Emma Watson getting somewhat overexcited about music in typical indie movie fashion, and also the standing on the back of a moving truck in slow-motion with arms open wide - also in typical indie movie fashion. Ugh. But everything else was very well done indeed. Well worth a watch.

Trance - 7.9/10

Well, I certainly enjoyed this. A quality head-fuck. Not sure I fully understood the end, and you really do have to suspend your belief to get through it, but all the same it yet another example of decent film-making from Mr Boyle. Oh, and luckily only one use of Boyle's signature irritating stop-motion effect through the whole film - and it wasn't on corgis either. Nice.
  • YenRug 29 Jul 2013 00:15:41 1,775 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    HarryPalmer wrote:
    The World's End - 6/10

Doesn't compare to the first two. Made me nostalgic for Shaun and fuzz. Wished it was just pegg and frost, the rest of the cast felt out of place. And frosts personality change half way through jarred. Really dragged in places. The premise just isn't as good as the other films. Terrible effects too.

But it has its moments, and is consistently funny, just not as funny, clever or entertaining as the others. It had the whiff of middle aged men trying to recapture past glories, ironically. SHAME
    I really hate to point this out, but that actually was the whole point of the film; I know you say "ironically", but when there have been interviews with Pegg, Frost and Wright saying that that is the point of the film, reflecting that they're knowingly in that exact position in their own lives, you're a bit late to the party. So, is it ironic that you think it was ironic, when they were actually reflecting on how ironic it was they were making this film?
  • ProfessorLesser 29 Jul 2013 00:54:24 19,349 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Trance blew my socks off, easily a 10/10, knew it at every minute of the film. Loved how it was put together. Clever, cunning, snappy. Fantastic.

Edited by ProfessorLesser at 00:54:46 29-07-2013
  • hupper124 29 Jul 2013 03:27:38 7 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    scott pilgrim vs the world
    worst movie ever i have ever seen i my whole life. i torchered my self

0.00%

full of bullshit
  • boo 29 Jul 2013 04:15:24 11,604 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I thought it was great!
    Then again, I like appropriate use of capitals, spelling, punctuation and grammar too, so I guess we're all different!

Just Another Lego Blog

• khaz 29 Jul 2013 05:29:05 2,593 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Second best :)
    Nah, best.

Although that scene where Reeve switches between Clark and Superman in the space of 5 seconds and back again nearly steals it.

Edited by khaz at 05:30:00 29-07-2013
  • Dangerous_Dan 29 Jul 2013 07:13:19 2,175 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Leave your brain at the door and you will enjoy this. Loud, dumb with zero thinking.
    There is dumb and there is dumb.

Pacific Rim - good dumb
    Transformers - dumb dumb

Olympus has Fallen - good dumb
    White House Down - dumb dumb
  • CosmicFuzz 29 Jul 2013 07:28:57 21,357 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I saw Pacific Rim at the weekend and I bloody loved it. Crap script with massive plotholes but didn't really make a difference when it was just so much fun to watch.

What's your thoughts on Heroes Reborn? Read my TV musings here.

• Page

of 2601 First / Last