Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2227

• Page

of 2800 First / Last

• Deleted user 15 May 2013 19:44:53
    beastmaster wrote:
    Anything with Gemma Arterton is worth a watch, at least once. Alice Creed is about the best thing she's done. She has nice boobies too. HATED Tamara Drew :(
    Alice creed is fantastic. Almost turned it off after 30 mins though, really is quite exploitative, but then suddenly bang! the film is turned on its head. great film. And nice boobies too.

Edited by joelstinton at 19:45:25 15-05-2013
  • TOOTR 15 May 2013 19:48:04 9,599 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Lol completely guilty as charged.

Ok 40 mins in and it's very very poor. Arterton is absolutely beautiful. Famke Jenssan is putting in a great effort.

But everything else bout it is just misfiring or downright pants. The dialogue is lifeless and oh hang on just seen a ginger birds rather well formed rump.... I'll report back later.

BinaryBob101 wrote:
    The Danger Mouse reboot worries me a great deal.

• ricky_uk 15 May 2013 19:55:09 212 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Spring breakers
    0.5/10

Dont know where to begin with this..
  • Bremenacht 15 May 2013 19:57:51 18,693 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Heh. Maybe a 0.5 out of 10 doesn't warrant beginning at all!
  • TOOTR 15 May 2013 20:25:42 9,599 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hansel & Gretel : Witch Hunters

Oh dear.

4/10

BinaryBob101 wrote:

• TOOTR 15 May 2013 20:29:42 9,599 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    But still worth watching just for :

;)

BinaryBob101 wrote:

• Deleted user 15 May 2013 23:08:55
    Star Trek Into Darkness

Crikey. Crikey. Crikey. I literally just come in from watching this. I normally leave it a day or so to reflect. But i can't.

Aint going to say anything. Incase i ruin it. I'm afraid to type that incase i ruin it?

Enjoyed it immensly. A couple of convoluted bits, but thats to be expected.

just SO SO glad i didn't read any reviews, watch any trailers bar the first one, and go into the star trek thread.

can't give it a score yet need time to reflect, but very happy.
  • addyb 15 May 2013 23:54:57 1,136 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Watched Iron Man 3.

Mmmm not quite sure how to score it. I did enjoy it but also hated various parts of it and didn't like what they did with certain characters.

6.5/10

Edited by addyb at 00:12:50 16-05-2013
  • davymackie 16 May 2013 00:06:46 102 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Iron Man 3 I rate 6/10 =l
    Star trek into darkness 9/10 felt like I was watching a great new star wars film :-) .
  • addyb 16 May 2013 00:14:06 1,136 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    davymackie wrote:
    Iron Man 3 I rate 6/10 =l
    Star trek into darkness 9/10 felt like I was watching a great new star wars film :-) .
    I've not even watched the one from a  few years ago. I really need to pick that up on blu ray.

Edited by addyb at 00:20:24 16-05-2013
  • captbirdseye 16 May 2013 07:20:11 5,088 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Star Trek: Motion Picture

This sits alongside Insurrextion and Search for Spock as the worst Trek film ever. It does get 1 extra point for making Dave McCoy look like a pimp with a beard.

2/10
  • Blaketown 16 May 2013 07:44:11 4,748 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Started watching this a couple of times and left the room in the first half hour as the exposition is so clunky as to make the thing unwatchable.
    Sat down to watch it with my youngest yesterday and ended up quite enjoying it. It's quite spectacular.
    In summation if you come in with the lowest possible expectations it's vaguely watchable.

The Hobbit: Blah, Blah, Blah 74%
    More Lord Of The Rings.

Brap, brap, old chap.

• khaz 16 May 2013 08:39:13 2,814 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:

This sits alongside Insurrextion and Search for Spock as the worst Trek film ever. It does get 1 extra point for making Dave McCoy look like a pimp with a beard.

2/10
    No that would be number 5, ugh. I thought the first Trek movie was pretty decent actually. That 5 minute long loving take of the Enterprise gave me goosebumps. :)
  • kalel 16 May 2013 08:51:58 88,336 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    beastmaster wrote:
    Anything with Gemma Arterton is worth a watch, at least once. Alice Creed is about the best thing she's done. She has nice boobies too. HATED Tamara Drew :(
    Alice creed is fantastic. Almost turned it off after 30 mins though, really is quite exploitative, but then suddenly bang! the film is turned on its head. great film. And nice boobies too.
    I saw Alice Creed on a plane on the way to Dubai, and didn't realise it was edited, but thought it was utterly superb. I then saw it again on Film 4 or something later, and it was the full version with the boobies and all, and while they were nice boobies, I actually found the film suddenly a bit worse for it. It just cheapened what was otherwise a very good bottled thriller. As you say, unnecessarily exploitative.
  • captbirdseye 16 May 2013 08:54:11 5,088 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @khaz

That was one of the funniest parts of the film as it seemed like an age before they actually docked with the Enterprise. Some of the faces Kirk pulls are priceless though and the special effects of both him and Scotty inside the transport ship are truely awful on Bluray.
  • beastmaster 16 May 2013 08:56:52 11,584 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Interesting that you talk about edited versions. Personally, I though Robocop was much better in the (still intense) original form. With the uncut version the practical effects for the splatters are far too obvious.

Edited by beastmaster at 08:58:07 16-05-2013

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• mikeck 16 May 2013 08:59:26 1,936 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    BinaryBob101 wrote:
    I quite fancy it too. Think it may be a guilty pleasure flick.

Why does blacksea keep posting posters?
    This isn't the "rate the last film poster you gazed at" thread?

Oooops.
  • kalel 16 May 2013 08:59:42 88,336 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I like the original Robocop as well. The camera lingers too much on the gore in the uncut one. It jars the viewing experience.
  • woodnotes 16 May 2013 09:04:57 4,935 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oh, Robocop. There's a film I can watch again and again. Love a bit of Verhoeven. They don't make films like that anymore :(
  • captbirdseye 16 May 2013 09:20:08 5,088 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dead or alive you're coming with me Kirk - If only he said that in the film.
  • HarryPalmer 16 May 2013 09:37:05 3,408 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Holy Motors - 9/10

Stupendously bizarre. Funny and touching. Reminded me a lot of Cloud Atlas, but this actually worked as a film. Respect to Denis Lavant for making his character, however convoluted, sympathetic and real.

I could have done without the Eva Mendes section (which I never thought I'd say). Loved the final ten minutes.
  • UncleLou Moderator 16 May 2013 10:04:36 35,710 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ricky_uk wrote:
    Spring breakers
    0.5/10

Dont know where to begin with this..
    Heh. Not seen it, but I've just read an interview with Werner Herzog who loved the film, calling it an "extra-ordinary movie with incredibly dark and subversive power". :p
  • HarryPalmer 16 May 2013 10:25:53 3,408 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I thought Spring Breakers was brilliant, the best film I've seen this year in fact.
  • ricky_uk 16 May 2013 12:48:33 212 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @HarryPalmer it had the same lines and scenes repeatd through the whole movie...the ending was beyond a joke...the whole script was beyond a joke. Im a big movie fan and this film had the whole audience in the cinema thinking wtf at the end and some were even sleeping...the one good scene it had was the robbery scene..it was shot very well but thats about it
  • kalel 16 May 2013 12:56:50 88,336 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Isn't Spring Breaker a Harmony Karim film?

Should mean it's at least of interest. Usually quite stern stuff.
  • beastmaster 16 May 2013 13:04:05 11,584 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @kalel

It is. It had some excellent reviews but I was very disappointed with it. My mate loved it though. It needs another viewing when the blu-ray comes out. Has a very unique visual style.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Deleted user 16 May 2013 13:07:33
    kalel wrote:
    I like the original Robocop as well. The camera lingers too much on the gore in the uncut one. It jars the viewing experience.
    Robocop back in 1987 as a young kid blew my mind. The violence was just so hard core and graphic.

It leant a real hard nasty edge to the film and it felt dangerous.

Hard to believe a film that violent in the big budget action-scifi genre could ever be made again.
  • RichieTenenbaum 16 May 2013 13:13:41 2,223 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    khaz wrote:
    captbirdseye wrote:

2/10
    No that would be number 5, ugh. I thought the first Trek movie was pretty decent actually. That 5 minute long loving take of the Enterprise gave me goosebumps. :)
    I love TMP bayou have to be in the right mood for it, but it's lingering slowness really does it for me.

I think you have to go into it with an open mind. It's more like a small indie film then a space action film. It's about as far away from Star Wars as it's possible to get in a sci fi movie.

I love that it treats it's subject matter and themes seriously. It has this ponderous weight behind the entire thing that really carries it, even tough a lot of it is hokey.

It's also an example of the kind of sci fi we don't see anymore. Not about phasers or fighting, but about the wonder of the unknown. With something to say. Ok, sure, it's not always sure of what it's trying to say, and it's not always clear what the film is trying to achieve, but it's probably the most ambitious Star Trek film.

Edited by RichieTenenbaum at 13:14:26 16-05-2013
  • Deckard1 16 May 2013 13:15:42 28,680 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    First movie to be filmed digitally as well I believe.
  • Page

of 2800 First / Last