Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2171

• Page

of 2704 First / Last

• TOOTR 20 Mar 2013 17:49:12 9,494 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just rewatched Wales V England 2013

Absolutely spine tingling stuff.

The second half of the film just builds and builds to an incredibly epic and satisfying finale.

I can see me getting the bluray and directors cut for sure.

100%

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• Gartt 20 Mar 2013 17:49:43 1,735 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wild Bunch and Once Upon a Time both in that 3 for £17, Lawrence of Arabia in as my third as its another Ive never got around to watching and again Ive heard great things about the bluray transfer.
  • kalel 20 Mar 2013 17:52:28 86,328 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Probably the most action packed David Lean film. Still fairly boring in truth, but yeah, gorgeous.
  • Deleted user 20 March 2013 20:07:17
    mal wrote:
    blacksea wrote:
    Triangle (2009) 6/10

One thing is for sure, watch it once, and I doubt you’ll want to watch it again.
    I rented it, watched it twice then bought the DVD. I think it's a cracking little budget horror with a nice line in black comedy and a couple of twists that I completely didn't see coming first time round, and still enjoy when they hit. I'm only watching in SD though, so I can't detract for any invisible teeth caps.
    Black comedy? i didn't pick up on that side one bit.
    As much as I attempted to get my head around what was going on, i couldn't. The lead female appears to be doing battle with herself in a no win situation, a never ending loop. Maybe I failed to pick up on the significance of the car crash - assuming there was a significance, as that appears to be the real start, maybe..

Edited by blacksea at 20:24:48 20-03-2013
  • Bremenacht 20 Mar 2013 22:48:43 17,600 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TOOTR wrote:

The second half of the film just builds and builds to an incredibly epic and satisfying finale.

100%
    :-D
  • FogHeart 20 Mar 2013 23:22:42 944 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @blacksea The clue is the reference to Sisyphus that one of the characters makes on board the ship. He was a nasty ancient Greek chap that Zeus punished by trapping him in a valley with a large boulder, and he was told he could gain his freedom if he rolled the boulder up and out. He would push the boulder almost there but it always ended up rolling back down and he had to start again.

So the woman is being punished, presumably for her cruelty to her own child, in a similar fashion. I thought it was a neat trick - you don't create someone's Hell with fire and pitchforks, just with a simple loop in time.
  • Deleted user 20 March 2013 23:55:06
    FogHeart wrote:
    @blacksea The clue is the reference to Sisyphus that one of the characters makes on board the ship. He was a nasty ancient Greek chap that Zeus punished by trapping him in a valley with a large boulder, and he was told he could gain his freedom if he rolled the boulder up and out. He would push the boulder almost there but it always ended up rolling back down and he had to start again.

So the woman is being punished, presumably for her cruelty to her own child, in a similar fashion. I thought it was a neat trick - you don't create someone's Hell with fire and pitchforks, just with a simple loop in time.
    It's a brilliant film. I love Christopher smith as a director. Black death is about to be watched again this weekend.

I got that from triangle too, the fact she is doomed to be punished relentlessly but I'm not smart enough to pick up the mythological reference!

Edited by BillCityfingers at 23:55:34 20-03-2013
  • Deleted user 21 March 2013 07:26:19
    FogHeart wrote:

Using Google I found out that info. Thanks all the same.
  • Deleted user 21 March 2013 07:28:20
    BillCityfingers wrote:
    FogHeart wrote:

It's a brilliant film. I love Christopher smith as a director. Black death is about to be watched again this weekend.

I got that from triangle too, the fact she is doomed to be punished relentlessly but I'm not smart enough to pick up the mythological reference!
    I resorted to Google to dig deeper. It's making some more sense now. Also, the Extra's on the DVD help to. The Storm Featurette is very good. I guess they used CGI, but to the extent they did. All in all the CGI is very impressive, as water is difficult to do. Maybe someday Playstation 10 will be doing the same real time.
  • Lotos8ter 21 Mar 2013 08:04:41 2,352 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm going to see either The Incredible Burt Wonderstone or Welcome to the Punch later today. I like Steve Buscemi and I like Mark Strong so I need to have a fight in my head for who wins then I'll report back later.

Fiat Lux

• khaz 21 Mar 2013 08:18:03 2,705 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Buscemi! Those EYES!

No contest!
  • Deleted user 21 March 2013 08:25:27
    TOOTR wrote:

100%
    Fair enough, I guess being Welsh sucks so much midget balls that you have to hold on to the good moments.

The balance is like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw opposite... a dwarf....in Bruges.
  • dufftownallan 21 Mar 2013 08:37:44 4,723 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    TOOTR wrote:

100%
    Fair enough, I guess being Welsh sucks so much midget balls that you have to hold on to the good moments.

The balance is like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw opposite... a dwarf....in Bruges.
    in the same spirit its just like the english to take such gentle ribbing in a graceful manner.
  • Deleted user 21 March 2013 08:39:24
    :) twas joke. Xx
  • Mr-Brett 21 Mar 2013 08:54:06 12,723 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Please don't take Pepsipop as a representative of the English.
    Errr no offence Pepsi... ok probably some offence, it's unavoidable.

Portable view - Never forget.

• dufftownallan 21 Mar 2013 09:14:07 4,723 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mine was too peps!
    I guess banter is hard to do in text...
  • glaeken 21 Mar 2013 09:43:04 11,091 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Raven - 6/10 - Serial killer type film with Edgar Allan Poe trying to find someone who has started copying his stories in their killings. Not too bad and John Cusack was quite good as Poe. It looks very nice though not sure where they shot it as it looks like Prague rather than Baltimore.
  • Mola_Ram 21 Mar 2013 09:50:09 6,952 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Budapest, not Prague. But yeah, pretty far from Baltimore!
  • glaeken 21 Mar 2013 09:52:19 11,091 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ah makes sense. The classical architecture was just all wrong. I have never seen anywhere in the US with buildings like that. Of course maybe they knocked down the whole of Baltimore in the mid 19th century and rebuilt it :-)

Edited by glaeken at 09:56:04 21-03-2013
  • Deleted user 21 March 2013 09:56:31
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    Please don't take Pepsipop as a representative of the English.
    Errr no offence Pepsi... ok probably some offence, it's unavoidable.
    Non taken, although I did a thread about being proud to be British and the above was a joke. Being told I'm not reflective of being English is probably a compliment seeing what I deal with at work every day. Xx

Edited by Pepsipop at 10:04:36 21-03-2013
  • KennyPowers 21 Mar 2013 10:25:42 94 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    My Brother The Devil 2012

Gritty London council estate gang movie, in contrast to all the American gang stuff we see on TV.

Nicely done by Film 4, similar to Top Boy, another movie about this kind of thing.

7.5/10
  • Buztafen 21 Mar 2013 11:16:18 16,063 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Post deleted
  • graysonavich 21 Mar 2013 11:17:38 7,309 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    craigy wrote:
    Primer: 6/10
    This makes me sad :(
  • Buztafen 21 Mar 2013 11:18:11 16,063 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's good to see the english taking defeat in such a graceful way. Makes me proud...:(
  • Lotos8ter 21 Mar 2013 20:00:00 2,352 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Incredible Burt Wonderstone 6/10

Enjoyable enough with a really good performance from Olivia Wilde (phwoar) and a really good cast. Thought the script let it down a bit and it was very much a case of "Laugh? I didn't know when to start". More a poignant look at love and magic. One of the side plots was fucking daft as was the ending.
    Could have been special but wasn't.

And the Guardian don't like Trance which has spoiled my weekend

Fiat Lux

• Megapocalypse 22 Mar 2013 10:27:29 5,309 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Resident Evil: Retribution - 2/10

Awful. I enjoyed the previous ones but this was terrible. I'm still not entirely sure what it was about or who anyone was meant to be. I'll still watch the next one though...
  • Blakester 22 Mar 2013 10:54:27 3,572 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Life of Pi

Visually stunning, emotional and inspirational. Like many others I wasn't overly impressed with the book-ending element although I understand it was consistent with the novel.

The effects works on Richard Parker was frankly astonishing.

85%

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• kingnothing12 22 Mar 2013 11:26:13 531 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Killing Them Softly 4/10

Boring, boring and just plain boring. Barely a soundtrack which makes the film seem overly quiet. Too much exposition, long drawn out conversations that have no relevance to the plot and not enough Gandolfini.
  • kentmonkey 22 Mar 2013 11:29:35 20,439 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kingnothing12 wrote:
    Killing Them Softly 4/10

Boring, boring and just plain boring. Barely a soundtrack which makes the film seem overly quiet. Too much exposition, long drawn out conversations that have no relevance to the plot and not enough Gandolfini.
    Please tell me that the Fugees aren't part of the soundtrack.
  • kingnothing12 22 Mar 2013 11:33:26 531 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    To be honest I can't remember at all. All I took away from the film was Brad Pitt being 'Brad Pitt', some Soprano cameos and Ray Liotta's character being a little bitch.
  • Page

of 2704 First / Last