Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2159

• Page

of 2698 First / Last

• dr_swin 11 Mar 2013 11:02:53 4,855 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Untouchable

Absolutely outstanding. It's not a comedy but I laughed harder and more often during this film than I have in almost all the comedies I have seen. It's all down to the interplay between the two main characters. Driss is full of personality and his world class sense of humour and big beaming smile couldn't help but cheer anyone up.

One of the best and most enjoyable films I have seen in ages. Can't fault it.

• oceanmotion 11 Mar 2013 11:51:12 15,639 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    On the Road.

Think I hated every single one of them. So boring and not much freedom shown, hotel room, another room, car, room, car. Acting was fine, scenery was nice at times.

4/10
  • -cerberus- 11 Mar 2013 11:56:20 2,402 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The Road to Wellville

Why the imdb score is 5.5 is beyond me, this movie is comedy madness! A great watch!

7/10

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• kalel 11 Mar 2013 11:59:53 86,239 posts
    Seen 50 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    On the Road.

Think I hated every single one of them. So boring and not much freedom shown, hotel room, another room, car, room, car. Acting was fine, scenery was nice at times.

4/10
    Another good example of someone doing something other than a straight adaptation of a novel though.

Great Gatsby is another one coming up of course.
  • speedofthepuma 11 Mar 2013 12:03:26 13,266 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Act of Valour - 2/10.

Navy Seals shoot shit up.

Hilariously badly scripted VoiceOver set the tone, and some well done action scenes that felt like they were showing a realistic view of military operations couldn't save it.

I've turned off all the avatars and crap, so don't expect me to be impressed by yours.

• Deleted user 11 March 2013 15:30:43
    Paris,Texas

Good. Not really what i was expecting. Its been one of those films i been meaning to watch for ages as its always mentioned as one to watch throughout college and uni years.

A man is found after 4 years gone missing, he gradually re-entroduced to 'normal' and family life, but the slow burning film evovles into something quite sinister, sad and brooding. The end scene is so far removed from the first scene its quite surreal. The 'conservation' scene is outstanding, and throughly concluded the themes laid through the film.

7/10. Alot to take in on first viewing though.
  • RedSparrows 11 Mar 2013 16:14:22 21,958 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Am still ill, so have been whoring Netflix.

The International - never got to the heights it thought it could, and I LOVE this type of film. Just never came off.

The Hunger Games - dystopia for people who have never heard the word before? According to wiki 'some people' draw analogies with BR. Lololol. Despite my gripes with the story, was alright.

Now watching Air Force One. W Han Solo's Russian is amazing.oo!

Edited by RedSparrows at 16:15:20 11-03-2013
  • captainrentboy 11 Mar 2013 19:04:30 943 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Parker - 40%
    Nowhere near enough scenes of Statham punching the shit out of mofos. There's ONE alright punch up in the 2hr runtime, the rest of it was Statham doing funny accents, J-Lo desperately trying to be relevant in Hollywood again, and Michael Chiklis looking a bit blobby.
  • Maturin 11 Mar 2013 19:11:55 2,889 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Shame. The Stathe is a guilty pleasure. But I only like the films where he kicks people in the face. I think I'll pass on Parker.
  • Frogofdoom 11 Mar 2013 20:13:39 868 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The imposter 91%

Thanks for the heads up guys, brilliant. Wont give any details but well worth a watch
  • Deleted user 11 March 2013 21:52:19
    Avengers Asemble.

So-so. Theres a lot to like, but i just felt well.. yeah. I also thought i seen it before.. but actually realised i seen the end of transformers 3. Which leads me to think...well that was shit. So why should i give this a free pass because its about a universe i like? Well Robert Downey JR and mark ruffalo are fantastic. I really like the comic book effect as well, it had some slapstick comic violence that i thought was great.

Its over two hours long, but nothing really happens (Although it was a good hour and a half before i fiddle with my phone checking imdb for something!). I mean from the start to the end theres only really 3 acts, without much story or reasoning behind what was happening, it seemed like a poor excuse to get the avengers together. Even though i thought they got a right balance between the avengers being out numbered and out gunned.

I think a part of the problem for me, is that i still havn't seen thor or captain america.

The characters are well realised, and you can tell its made my someone that loved the characters, but as the a whole the film was sort of meh. I'm conflicted. Perhaps i should have seen this in the cinema and caught up with the other avengers film.

Its not because blockbusters bore me - i love the dark knight trilogy, skyfall etc, the first spiderman film (rami) i felt nailed the character and universe ( i think the first 30 mins of that film is nigh on perfect). But i thought it was ok. Thats it.

6/10.
  • beastmaster 11 Mar 2013 22:54:09 11,139 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Avengers Assemble - 8/10

Mostly agree with joelstinton. However, I enjoyed the final act a lot more than Transformers 3 and I've seen Captain America and Thor as well. Robert Downey JR and Mark Ruffalo are especially brilliant.

I loved the infighting and the fact that everyone is absolutely scared shitless of The Hulk (apart from Tony Stark). The effects are mostly excellent and as mentioned before the character mix was done just right.

I've got the US region 0 version so it came with extra added shawarma scene at the end.

I also watched a few other things on the BR

Item 47 - 7/10

It's a bit difficult to rate such a short film but it's very well done and managed to be quite amusing as well.

Speaking of which, the gag reel for The Avengers is fucking hilarious, Watched it a few times now. Finishes on the best of the lot.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• woodnotes 11 Mar 2013 23:23:22 4,921 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Imposter - 9/10

Echoing what everyone else has said - fascinating and gripping documentary that only gets better and better. Really makes you think too. A definite must-watch!
  • oldschoolsoviet 12 Mar 2013 00:08:15 5,457 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Quirky indie night:
    The Giant Mechanical Man - 4/10

Gentle rom-com supposedly, although it's lacking a bit in both. Couldn't figure out whether it was the poor script or performances that gave the thirtysomething slackers an emotional level barely past high school teens either. It's nicely shot and scored, but it just felt drawn out and lacking.

Free Samples - 7/10

Much better. Twentysomething law school dropout, borderline alcoholic, trying to find herself in L.A. Roped into babysitting an ice-cream truck for an afternoon, dealing with the neighbourhood characters and the odd revelation. Great performances, Jesse Eisenberg pops up and isn't too annoying, and a delightful score from Say Hi (To Your Mom) that brought a grin when it dawned on me.

It's becoming a real struggle to find something decent these days.....
  • Trowel 12 Mar 2013 07:34:28 17,420 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    It's becoming a real struggle to find something decent these days.....
    Go old school, raid the 40s and 50s - I don't think this generation explores them enough. Watched Gilda for the third time at the weekend, All About Eve the weekend before, Magic Town before that - all solid 8/10 and up movies.
  • ryohazuki1983 12 Mar 2013 07:58:12 727 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oz: The great and powerful 3D - Kids enjoyed it, nothing special for the adults but worth a watch. 7/10
  • Zizoo 12 Mar 2013 08:01:20 8,093 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oz: The Great and Powerful 3D

I don't have any kids.

2/10
  • craigy Staff 12 Mar 2013 09:08:49 7,491 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That's My Boy: 5/10
    If you like stupid Adam Sandler movies, go for it. If you don't, avoid of you'll end up annoyed.
  • kalel 12 Mar 2013 09:10:12 86,239 posts
    Seen 50 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Bit odd this Oz thing has turned out to be a turd. Like Alice in Wonderland, you'd have thought it was fairly hard to fuck it up.
  • nickthegun 12 Mar 2013 09:17:17 58,782 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The most astounding think about Alice in Wonderland is that its one of the highest grossing movies ever, certainly Tim Burtons highest, at over a billion dollars. I genuinely cant work out how that happened. Seriously.

Red Letter Media reviewed Oz and they noted, like Alice in Wonderland, the suits said 'Yeah, the wizard of oz is fine and all, but what it lacks is a battle. They may have the costumes and the sets and the characters but what it really lacks is a huge battle scene'

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• spindle9988 12 Mar 2013 09:18:51 3,485 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I was planning to go and see Oz next week as im off work. Might see side effects instead now. Then again I love Raimi
  • nickthegun 12 Mar 2013 09:25:35 58,782 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Also, following the recent and slightly inexplicable fad of remaking fairy tales in a dark way:

Snow White and the Huntsman: I enjoyed it more than I thought I would almost exclusively because it seems like all of Kristen Stewarts lines were cut. Its so weird. She is 'the most important person in the kingdom' and events just happen around her. People deliver exposition to explain who she is, tell her where to go and even deliver dialogue seemingly meant for her. The entire movie happens around her, making her just a bland, open mouthed passenger in her own movie.

Which isnt a terrible thing. Hemsworth is pretty good, despite an 'Is..is that scottish?' accent, Theron is really good and the whole thing looks gorgeous, opting for a 'grounded' fantasy style where things looks beautiful, yet grim but delivering some really good effects when needed (the seven dwarves are particularly well done with the likes of Bob Hoskins and Nick Frost having their heads mapped onto actual midgets).

Its a bit of an odd film all in all. There is a really strong thread of 'all men are useless bastards' running through it, with Therons character not allowed to simply be 'evil' but having a really detailed back story, making her more tragic than anything else.

So, yeah, I quite enjoyed it despite some glaring flaws, gaps in logic and Kristen Stewart.

7/10

Edited by nickthegun at 09:26:03 12-03-2013

He totally called it

• kalel 12 Mar 2013 09:38:18 86,239 posts
    Seen 50 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The dwarves were really impressive yeah. By far the best thing about it. Thought the rest was pretty meh. They seem to be making a lot of fantasy films these days just because they could, not because they should.
  • nickthegun 12 Mar 2013 09:42:20 58,782 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I bet there was an uproar from actual dwarf actors.

He totally called it

• LeoliansBro 12 Mar 2013 09:43:31 43,125 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    The most astounding think about Alice in Wonderland is that its one of the highest grossing movies ever, certainly Tim Burtons highest, at over a billion dollars. I genuinely cant work out how that happened. Seriously.
    The Avatar effect. It was well done 3D when that was still (relatively) exciting and new.

V / H / S: 5/10 Not sure what to make of this really but thought I'd give it a go after a few recommendations. It doesn't really have anything new to add to the found-footage genre and doesn't really have any scares. The individual stories are too brief for you to care about the people although it does build this sense of inevitability and doom well. More gruesome than horror. The forest one was quite good in a Slenderman kind of way though.

If you like internal organs, nudity and lots of blood all at once then I guess watch this. Or seek help.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Wacko_AK 12 Mar 2013 09:47:32 178 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    dr_swin wrote:
    Untouchable

Absolutely outstanding. It's not a comedy but I laughed harder and more often during this film than I have in almost all the comedies I have seen. It's all down to the interplay between the two main characters. Driss is full of personality and his world class sense of humour and big beaming smile couldn't help but cheer anyone up.

One of the best and most enjoyable films I have seen in ages. Can't fault it.

Good stuff, I recently watched François Cluzet in the superb "Little White Lies" so I'll definitely give this a go.
  • nickthegun 12 Mar 2013 09:52:19 58,782 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    The Avatar effect. It was well done 3D when that was still (relatively) exciting and new.
    Not a billion dollars worth of exciting and new, especially since it reviewed fairly poorly. I dont know anyone who went to see it.

He totally called it

• LeoliansBro 12 Mar 2013 10:01:50 43,125 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's a terrible fim, as is Avatar, but my point is that for the first time in 50 years you couldn't really get an advance idea of what you were going to see before you went to see it. You had to believe what they were saying and by the time you were in the cinema wondering what all the fuss was about ... well, you'd already paid.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Blaketown 12 Mar 2013 12:08:22 4,635 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Help 74%
    S'alright. Some good performances. Social Injustice Lite. Kept the wife occupied.

Mars Needs Moms 67%
    S'alright. Uncanny valley in full effect and not much in the way of originality. Kept the kids occupied.

Big Miracle 70%
    S'alright. Sunday afternoon feelgood fare. Kept the wife & the kids occupied.

Brap, brap, old chap.

• Blaketown 12 Mar 2013 12:11:50 4,635 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    Not a billion dollars worth of exciting and new, especially since it reviewed fairly poorly. I dont know anyone who went to see it.
    It's not even well done 3D. It's really bad 3D.

I was purely a case of it coming out just after Avatar (and all the cinemas investing in expensive 3D projectors) but before Hollywood could shovel out a million other 3D films.

It basically occupied empty 3D screens for way longer than it should and hoovered up the money until Clash Of The Titans or whatever shite retrofitted 3D abortion Hollywood could shit out next came along.

Brap, brap, old chap.

• Page

of 2698 First / Last