• Page

of 2769 First / Last

• Bremenacht 17 Feb 2013 21:46:44 18,275 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    Worked, didn't it ?
    It did. Ish.

I'll put money on the second attempt being squirmworthy.

Edited by Bremenacht at 21:47:21 17-02-2013
  • Deleted user 17 February 2013 21:46:54
    Nothing wrong with having your own opinion on the film. Everything wrong with supplanting that opinion onto others (by calling it "overrated" ). If you're actually incapable of objectively looking at a film and understanding why others appreciate it even though you don't, then you're basically lacking the capacity for rational thought.

Edited by meme at 21:47:03 17-02-2013
  • oldschoolsoviet 17 Feb 2013 21:58:14 5,478 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    Worked, didn't it ?
    It did. Ish.

I'll put money on the second attempt being squirmworthy.
    I'll put money on the second attempt of the usuals jumping in like a pack of rabid badgers to attempt comedy despite the unnecessary need to given the already pathetic situation.

The Perks Of Being A Wallflower - 8/10

Thoroughly enjoyable coming-of-age drama, although the soundtrack isn't exactly as great as some made out. I expected more, and I'm currently scanning lists of great soundtracky films to compensate........

Edited by oldschoolsoviet at 22:00:10 17-02-2013
  • cubbymoore 17 Feb 2013 22:03:33 36,496 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    meme wrote:
    Nothing wrong with having your own opinion on the film. Everything wrong with supplanting that opinion onto others (by calling it "overrated" ). If you're actually incapable of objectively looking at a film and understanding why others appreciate it even though you don't, then you're basically lacking the capacity for rational thought.
    Put in all caps next time.
  • Lukus 17 Feb 2013 22:18:55 19,112 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    1 out of 10 implies its literally amongst the very worst films you've ever seen. I'm not sure I'd score anything 1 out of 10 and I've seen some real stinkers.
    It's simply not possible to score Alien as a 1 out of 10, objectively or even subjectively. You could make an argument for scoring it that low subjectively, but it'd make you either incredibly stupid or a liar.

So the only conclusion is you're trolling.

Edited by Lukus at 22:19:34 17-02-2013

Paintings & Photographs

• Mola_Ram 17 Feb 2013 22:48:22 7,399 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You certainly proved something, I'll give you that.
  • disusedgenius 17 Feb 2013 22:53:51 5,331 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It was the subtly which hurts the most though. :(
  • Lukus 17 Feb 2013 22:55:53 19,112 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Gansosleftpeg wrote:
    Still a shit film though. Kiiiilll meeeee.

Paintings & Photographs

• captbirdseye 17 Feb 2013 23:18:42 4,982 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Still not providing any worth here then.
  • Mola_Ram 17 Feb 2013 23:29:46 7,399 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Gansosleftpeg wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Thanks. You keep on proving it by your response. Condescending little fuckwit.
    1/10

Tries too hard, ultimately unconvincing.
  • Mola_Ram 17 Feb 2013 23:33:44 7,399 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Anyway.

Miami Connection - 8/10

A tae kwon do music group takes on a drug-dealing gang of motorcycle ninjas.

It's as hilariously entertaining as it sounds.
  • Scurrminator 17 Feb 2013 23:35:00 8,411 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gansosleftpeg wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Thanks. You keep on proving it by your response. Condescending little fuckwit.
    Can you tone it down whoever you are.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• oldschoolsoviet 18 Feb 2013 00:14:54 5,478 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Priest - If only Dredd had half of the futurism and design of this/10

A word of warning, this is an awful film. Amongst the worst of the worst. The script ? Straight from the Scriptwriting Cliché 101 Handbook. Acting ? Hahahaha. Story ? Typical rogue good guy buddies up and saves the world.

It's part Equilibrium, part vampire flick, where vampires are a separate species who've been at war with man for ages. Cue the Church taking rule of a post apocalyptic world, über-trained Priests the deciding force in the conflict, and mankind is herded into giant totalitarian walled cities for 'protection'. Outside, the vampire hives are sanctified, with the few survivors kept imprisoned in reservations (why keep some alive ?), and Western-style settlers are trying to build frontier lives away from the watchful Church.

One of these families is attacked, and wouldn't you know it, they have a relative who happens to be a Priest, war hero ahoy, discarded and feared by society, who defies the Church, teams up with the local sheriff, and sets off to rescue the girl........

Oh, it's an interesting concept, the design and production decent, but it doesn't matter when the rest of it is horseshit........but bear with it and it'll still entertain. The action has a few choice shots, fights are good, jet-powered bikes are good, and the overriding feeling that this could've been a "Dredd hunts a bounty across the Cursed Earth" stays throughout. When something this poor has enough money to look better and more realised than Dredd, it does make you wonder.

With all the petty arguing above, I present to you a possibility for a 1/10 score. Probably a 5 for moi, purely for the ideas and presentation. And the classic line:
    */mother and young child in elevator with Priest
    Child: Mommy, what's that on his face ?
    /points to cross tattoo
    Child: Did it hurt ?
    /doors open, mother drags child out, scourns child
    Mother: Children shouldn't talk to Priests !
  • Mola_Ram 18 Feb 2013 00:23:41 7,399 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Lol, is that actually in the movie?
  • oldschoolsoviet 18 Feb 2013 00:27:20 5,478 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yep. Definitely an intentional joke, sets the tone of how bad things are going to get.

A certain Jim Robinson from Neighbours is also present. True mark of quality.
  • BillMurray 18 Feb 2013 00:41:03 7,742 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Jim Robinson isn't a bad actor at all!
  • riceNpea 18 Feb 2013 00:49:57 592 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    he was certainly the best Jim Robinson i've ever seen. as for the rest of whateverhisname's career....
  • Oh-Bollox 18 Feb 2013 01:24:57 5,248 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Anyway.

Miami Connection - 8/10

Where the Hell did you see that?
  • lordofdeadside 18 Feb 2013 07:26:15 1,114 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Wreck it Ralph

Entertaining enough, but not really that great. It felt very much like a kids film and it really underused the "game worlds" concept. Not sure if kids would get the really retro references, and yet they managed not to be funny. The animations is lovely though and there are a few good jokes.

55%

Edited by lordofdeadside at 07:26:43 18-02-2013
  • Mola_Ram 18 Feb 2013 07:41:03 7,399 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Oh-Bollox wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Anyway.

Miami Connection - 8/10

Where the Hell did you see that?
    Err, at a friend's house? He seems to collect movies like that.
  • evild_edd 18 Feb 2013 07:51:49 3,112 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Apocalypse Now

This is one of those films where I'm pretty sure I'd seen its entirety but not all in one sitting. Thought it was about time to right that oversight.

Visually fascinating film, loved the way that the deterioration and increasing hostility of the river was a representation of the descent into madness. Also thought it was brave having Brando's "villain" not appear till so late in the film. I'm sure this broke a number of 'film by numbers' rules but it actually worked really when, as there was a sense of menace and threat from this unseen character created by the reports of shady photographs. To then have his reveal shot in a shadowed, dim setting only added to the mystique and presence of the character by the time you finally met him. Unusual and evocative technique.

Pace was a little slow for a Sunday evening, post-roast film watch. Not sure it's a movie I'd want to see that many times - Full Metal Jacket remains the only 'Nam film I'd rewatch with any regularity - but extremely happy I've seen it.

The Horror/10

Edited by evild_edd at 07:52:10 18-02-2013

Why look, it's a blog:
    http://www.edwardlaven.blogspot.co.uk

• Page

of 2769 First / Last