Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2045

• Page

of 2700 First / Last

• smoothpete 27 Dec 2012 11:43:21 31,316 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Madder-Max wrote:
    Totall recall. Halfway through this on xbox and I'm enjoying it. Love the premise and the core thing.
    I watched that last night, really enjoyed it. 8/10. The CGI is great (although there were a couple of bits when the illusion fails, outlines of people against CG etc, bit ropey).

Also watched:

2012 - 8/10 - I can understand why this got panned but I thought it was great. I liked that it wasn't one of those "catastrophe averted" films. Everyone gets properly fucked over. Probably 30 minutes too long but otherwise enjoyable.
  • rodbull 27 Dec 2012 11:45:28 39 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    The Avengers was a fucking awful film you idiot. It was just the old "who would in a fight?" question that 10 year old ask, but with special effects, strung out multiple times.

Thor is ok, quite enjoyed it.
    Everyone as there own tastes in movies I didn't like DKR other people did I enjoyed the avengers 9/10 as far as super hero films go for me.

I'm not calling it the greatest film in the world it was a enjoyable brainless romp and now I'm a IDIOT.

Sorry BARRY NORMAN:eek:
  • spindle9988 27 Dec 2012 11:48:31 3,486 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    lol
  • robthehermit 27 Dec 2012 11:50:02 3,966 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The Avengers was great, just sit back, switch your brain off, grab the popcorn and enjoy.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• Gambit1977 27 Dec 2012 11:51:02 9,583 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I loved the Avengers, it was pure popcorn.
    TDKR wants to be all serious and I found it laughable. Each to their own.
  • Chopsen 27 Dec 2012 11:51:24 15,699 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, sorry. It's official now that it's written on a forum. :(
  • Chopsen 27 Dec 2012 11:55:49 15,699 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Also, IDKR serious? Really? The one with the a vehicle which is an upside down helicopter and an impossible motobike and a big indestructable baddy with a silly mask and voice and a woman jumping about in skin tight leather and a MAN DRESSED AS A FUCKING BAT FIGHTING CRIME?

Where you put a film like Tyrannosaur ffs?
  • damagedinc 27 Dec 2012 12:22:57 685 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    saw dkr on blu ray amd thought it was great. the flaws that bothered me on first viewing didnt seem so bad this time round.

looks and sounds great.

i would argue that dkr is a better film overall than dark knight. however joker isnthe better villan hands down.

could argue flaws with whole trilogy but it was the best set of batman films we were ever likely  to get in my opinion

Edited by damagedinc at 12:23:20 27-12-2012
  • kalel 27 Dec 2012 12:29:47 86,242 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I liked DKR first time, and didn't even notice the flaws most did really.

Second viewing they were more apparent, but what really hit me the second time was boredom. Once the whole "Oooh, I'm watching a film I've been excited about, what's going to happen next?" factor was gone I found there wasn't much else to keep me interested. It dragged an incredible amount as a result.
  • Megapocalypse 27 Dec 2012 12:30:42 5,308 posts
    Seen 6 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The King's Speech 9/10

Not the sort of thing I'd usually watch but thought it was great.
  • sport 27 Dec 2012 12:30:45 12,499 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @kalel - Fuck you, Superman!

Edited by sport at 12:31:16 27-12-2012
  • Chopsen 27 Dec 2012 12:33:05 15,699 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I find most films boring the 2nd time round, unless it's been a good few years between viewings. Even then it's can be bit of a struggle, depending on the film. I appreciate that this makes me a luddite, but SHINY SHINY NEW THING.
  • sport 27 Dec 2012 12:37:23 12,499 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    I find most films boring the 2nd time round, unless it's been a good few years between viewings. Even then it's can be bit of a struggle, depending on the film. I appreciate that this makes me a luddite, but SHINY SHINY NEW THING.
    Definitely this - I can't watch anything more than once these days. Maybe kalel thinks he's a goldfish.
  • SYS64738 27 Dec 2012 14:45:24 1,575 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    I liked DKR first time, and didn't even notice the flaws most did really.

Second viewing they were more apparent, but what really hit me the second time was boredom. Once the whole "Oooh, I'm watching a film I've been excited about, what's going to happen next?" factor was gone I found there wasn't much else to keep me interested. It dragged an incredible amount as a result.
    Watched the trilogy on BR this week and have to agree wholeheartedly with this.

Watching them back to back I realised it was the poorest of the 3 for me. Looked fantastic but Banes' voice really did my head in as I had to turn down the volume for the neighbours sake (it was 3am) but for some reason it didnt affect his voice, everything else was too quiet though.
  • -cerberus- 27 Dec 2012 15:06:58 2,402 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Recently watched all three in a row with a mate and enjoyed it immensely. We noticed the many flaws and had a good laugh at them too (laughed hardest at Cotillard's death) but, contrary to what internet hyperbole dictates, that doesn't mean these movies are unwatchable.

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• Dangerous_Dan 27 Dec 2012 15:23:42 2,378 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Badman Trylogy

Actors/roles wise I found Michael Caine (Alfred) and Heath Ledger to be the only interesting ones in the whole trilogy. Haven't been impressed with the other parts, not at all.

High production values and no huge mistakes in execution are obviously enough to rank it really high at imdb.

On a serious side note, What is it with all the superhero movies in the last 5 to 10 years? Is it just the retro, hey I know Superman let's watch it reason or did I miss something?
  • dr_swin 27 Dec 2012 15:31:04 4,855 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I guess they will stop making them when they stop making money from them.
  • Deleted user 27 December 2012 15:46:06
    For what it is worth i think the DKR is great. And the trilogy as a whole is fantastic and i had so much fun watching them over the last half decade. Especially compared to shit like MI:4 and endless versions of the F&F etc.

I have to admit, watching it so close after seeing it in the cinema, the tension in one certain scene was not there (back breaking but i suspect in a few years time it all click again.
  • Deleted user 27 December 2012 16:36:22
    City of Life and Death (2009) 9/10

Nanjing, China 1937. Japanese forces invade this once - capital of the Republic of China on December 9th. Throughout the following six weeks, soldiers annihilate thousands of innocent victims.

Not for one moment does the film glamorise war. It really hits home just how pointless it is. The message appears to be life is more difficult than death. Those that don’t die will die some day and have to live with the horror of all that’s gone before, weather they be the victim or perpetrator.

One of the most gob smacking aspects of the film is the sheer number of extras required to realize some scenes. There’s hundreds of them. Really impressive stuff.

Edited by blacksea at 16:37:49 27-12-2012
  • beastmaster 27 Dec 2012 16:56:19 11,144 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dangerous_Dan wrote:

On a serious side note, What is it with all the superhero movies in the last 5 to 10 years? Is it just the retro, hey I know Superman let's watch it reason or did I miss something?
    They have been (on the whole) very popular and I'd go as far as to say of mostly high quality. The ones that spring to mind which I though were truly awful were both Fantastic Four films. Awesome cast but the script and effects were lame. A bit too family friendly?

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• BinaryBob101 27 Dec 2012 17:19:25 22,277 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The Incredibles is incredibly family friendly, but that was bloody awesome.

Beautiful tender beings.

• Dangerous_Dan 27 Dec 2012 17:24:16 2,378 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    BinaryBob101 wrote:
    The Incredibles is incredibly family friendly, but that was incredibly incredible.
    Fixed that for you.
  • Trowel 27 Dec 2012 17:35:23 17,425 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    blacksea wrote:
    One of the most gob smacking aspects of the film is the sheer number of extras required to realize some scenes. There’s hundreds of them. Really impressive stuff.
    I was thinking about this long lost aspect of film making yesterday when watching The Hunchback of Notre Dame (Charles Laughton's defining Quasimodo). The crowd scenes are packed with focus points and variety (in particular the Feast of Fools at the start, and the mob at the end). We've also got Spartacus and Ben Hur queued up to watch again, movies with extras in the tens of thousands!

It's something you rarely see these days, understandably given the cost and ease of savings via CGI. But sadly it seems every crowd scene is created with identikit software, resulting in little more than an homage to Go West.
  • Oh-Bollox 27 Dec 2012 17:37:08 5,155 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sound of My Voice. Interesting, but is determined to have ambiguity when actually some more certainty would be to the film's benefit. 7/10.
  • Dangerous_Dan 27 Dec 2012 18:01:33 2,378 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    at_beastmaster
    They get produced and are popular which is why they make a lot of money which is why they get produced. I do follow that circle of reasoning.

There could also be lots of high quality historical dramas or documentaries around but there are not.

So I am wondering why the comic-hero genre is THAT popular right now. There weren't that many cape heroes flying around in the cinema in the 60s or 70s or early 80s or at least they don't come to mind, my mind.

Don't know about Fantastic Four, but the second one, or is it?, seems to be f***** up because the marriage thing between Mr. Fantastic and his woman was written with a lot of empowered gurl pwr in mind which didn't mix well with the old fashioned other parts of the character dynamics.

I liked the Hulk movie with Edward Norton quite a bit and I really liked X-Men First Class (not interested in the other X-Men fluff).
    Generally I am not impressed with CGI stuff in those movies because I don't care about the over the top action sequences if the hero is boring 1-D which they usually are.

Either I care about the characters or I don't, the movies fall or rise with that.
  • Gruff 27 Dec 2012 18:38:24 2,839 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Dredd 8/10 Badass and Brutal, fuck Batman

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• Spanky 27 Dec 2012 20:39:05 14,458 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    Excision - 10/10
    We watched this last night based on your commendation, twas shit. 1/10. You sir are a shitty bastard plop!

Plubs

• Oh-Bollox 27 Dec 2012 20:43:00 5,155 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hit and Run. A genuinely funny comedy, plus some nice cinematography on the chases. 9/10.
  • Page

of 2700 First / Last