Halo 4 Page 153

• Page

of 173 First / Last

• MrTomFTW Moderator 14 Jan 2013 20:01:11 39,282 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Halo Monday is a go! I'm live-streaming it at http://www.twitch.tv/mrtomftw if anyone wants to listen to Chris' inappropriate comments.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Nades 14 Jan 2013 23:06:12 1,610 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @altitude2k
    Haha, i don't mind, it makes me feel awesome just using the gun as it's so much harder to use imo :p

Liverpool FC
    _______

XbL: Nades x
    PSN: EU-Nades

• Nades 14 Jan 2013 23:16:08 1,610 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah, they really have to put objective in BTB and take the DMR out of it, until they do that BTB (which I've played days of in former Halo's) is unplayable in Halo 4. Multi-Team needs to be a permanent playlist, along with Doubles, Snipers, MLG, a proper FFA with mixed gametypes, then the playlists will pretty much be sorted for now! Oh, and definitely a classic playlist!!

Liverpool FC
    _______

• barbour99 15 Jan 2013 16:05:24 951 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Also had some crippling lag on Spartan Ops when playing 2-player co-op. Normally connections of both players was fine.
  • RedSparrows 15 Jan 2013 16:45:13 23,854 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Why take the DMR out? The LR destroys it at range.
  • DFawkes 15 Jan 2013 17:00:11 23,722 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Also, as a noob (no idea when I'll be qualified enough to drop that tag) the Carbine will drop someone quicker at close range should you panic and go AAAAHHHH as they rush you, making you fire off as fast as you can - doesn't seem to lose all that much accuracy. Did wonders for my K/D (still awful though) and what's more I have more fun :)

Or I could actually do the stuff I know I should from watching competent players. I think I prefer my way.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• RelaxedMikki 15 Jan 2013 17:34:28 937 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Would there be any point buying the Crimson map pack now?

I have the feeling that when the new map pack is released on Monday there will no longer be a dedicated Crimson playlist (I guess the slot will be replaced with a slot dedicated to the new maps) and the Crimson maps will be lost without a trace?

Do you think that will happen?
  • Dave_McCoy 15 Jan 2013 17:40:18 2,800 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I didn't think the next map pack was until Feb.
  • RelaxedMikki 15 Jan 2013 18:00:55 937 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh yes, the dates are on page 151 of this thread.

It's Forge maps coming on Monday, with the 'Majestic' map pack in February.

So I guess at least 3 weeks play from Crimson, if I stump up the cash today.

Are the maps any good? Is the standard of the players on the Crimson lists noticibly better than the usual BTB playlists? (I am a bit worried that mostly the good players will have bought the maps?)
  • Dave_McCoy 15 Jan 2013 18:06:17 2,800 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I got the map pass early on so I have them. From what I've played two of the three maps are pretty good. Only problem is the achievements are directly tied to the map playlist so you get some people chasing achievements rather than playing.

Shame the maps may fade in to the background after the next pack. Although I have played them a couple of times in the normal playlists so I guess more people than I think may have them.
  • RedSparrows 15 Jan 2013 18:34:29 23,854 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    343 must enforce map ownership for some playlists.
  • RelaxedMikki 15 Jan 2013 18:41:06 937 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Thanks for the info - 2 out of 3 decent maps sounds good enough for me. I will stump up the cash.

Enforced map ownership for some playlists would be a good call. I really liked some of the Reach dlc maps, but then they disapeared from the rotation...
  • oceanmotion 15 Jan 2013 18:41:18 16,080 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Should just make the map packs free next time.
  • RelaxedMikki 15 Jan 2013 18:43:39 937 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah - first map pack free worked well on Gears of War 3. Was happy to pay for the second pack after getting the first for free. Although it probably felt like a con to the folks who bought the season pass up front...
  • Deleted user 15 January 2013 21:27:21
    All map packs should be free. Sel hats or Spartan armour or something instead, something not crucial that people are willing to buy to customise their Spartans. Keep people playing with new maps and they'll be around to buy the trinkets.

The way things are at the moment means that people are holding off because they know not everyone will buy the maps thus limiting their use.
  • thenastypasty 15 Jan 2013 21:43:50 5,198 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @AdamAsunder Couldn't agree more. I hate the way map packs split the player base, the way Halo 3 did map packs works a lot better than the way things are done now.

Edited by thenastypasty at 22:18:40 15-01-2013
  • Nades 15 Jan 2013 22:16:45 1,610 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Why take the DMR out? The LR destroys it at range.
    Yeah, the LR kills it quicker, but the DMR is so easy to use. LR has hardly any aim assist. The DMR has the most aim assist out of all the loadout weapons, most bullet magnetism, most shots in one round out of all the precision loadout weapons (I think). All that added together means the DMR realistically is better than the LR. It just kills you way too fast, you can't back off in time when getting shot before you die. Plus adding to all that it's just everyone staying back and getting long range kills, there's no team shooting anymore, and finally it kills vehicles too quick.

Liverpool FC
    _______

• Nades 15 Jan 2013 22:22:10 1,610 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @RelaxedMikki
    In my opinion on the maps:

Shatter - Worst map on the game.

Wreckage - Average, but will be a nice add to the BTB playlist.

Harvest - Easily one of the best maps on the game, brilliant map all around. Close, mid and long range parts on it. It has 'hogs and sniper which is always good for big maps ;). And it feels really balanced too.

I would go for it and buy the maps, just for Harvest lol.

Liverpool FC
    _______

• RelaxedMikki 15 Jan 2013 22:42:48 937 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The BR needs buffing. It's crap. I think they nerfed it early on, because it was lethal in the first week.

When the host migrates, I get reset back to my 1st loadout that has the BR and you notice immediately how crap it is even at mid range... It's horrible compared to the DMR.

I wouldn't nerf the DMR though, just boost a couple of others a little.
  • Nades 16 Jan 2013 22:51:55 1,610 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I just think from my personal opinion, the DMR makes my favourite playlist BTB too campy, it's got to much of a fast kill time because of the aim assist. I would play BTB more if they added objective though. I played Reach the other day and enjoyed it more than Halo 4.

Liverpool FC
    _______

• GuiltySpark 17 Jan 2013 01:18:34 6,459 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    How the fuck are there maps that I haven't played in matchmaking? How does that work?

Oh and, I'm sick of getting stuck with useless chumps. I'm not brilliant but some of these people piss me off.

Get bent.

• kinky_mong 17 Jan 2013 10:49:45 10,690 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It seems Longbow is the new Exile in the Dominion playlist, it was selected 5 times in a row when I played on Tuesday night.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• RedSparrows 17 Jan 2013 15:16:01 23,854 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I played a game of Halo 3 earlier. It was like playing in treacle.
  • oceanmotion 17 Jan 2013 15:54:26 16,080 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, and the fov is rather off putting too.

Back to Halo 4, just me when you get hijacked, you can't move once kicked out. I seem to be frozen everytime meaning death. Halo 4 does seem to have rather sticky collision, running into a teammate for example.
  • oceanmotion 17 Jan 2013 16:22:56 16,080 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Halo down to 4th in Live Activity charts

Dropping off it seems though who knows how close the numbers are. Bring on the title update 343.
  • Nades 17 Jan 2013 22:27:47 1,610 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Been playing Spartan Ops most of this week, can't believe how easy it is to get your rank up.

Liverpool FC
    _______

• DFawkes 17 Jan 2013 23:14:27 23,722 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It helps that it's a rather fun mode :) Enjoyable and lots of XP for those that want it is a good combo. I get really reckless though, just charging in all the time. Usually works though, given you have back-up.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Deleted user 18 January 2013 08:24:23
    @oceanmotion The second most popular shooter on Live isn't too bad. Stop being so melodramatic.
  • CharlieStCloud 18 Jan 2013 08:40:13 5,350 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    I get really reckless though, just charging in all the time. Usually works though, given you have back-up.
    ... wish I could have someone like you on my team for once because I often get a bunch of folks who prefer to get their hands on a long range weapon and stay away from the thick of the action and shoot from afar.

How dull is that?!

This means I get the most kills along with the most deaths; that is my idea of fun.

: )
  • kinky_mong 18 Jan 2013 12:34:41 10,690 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    AdamAsunder wrote:
    @oceanmotion The second most popular shooter on Live isn't too bad. Stop being so melodramatic.
    Quite. Battlefield 3 is tenth and yet it's always heaving with full servers when ever I play.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Page

of 173 First / Last