Halo 4 Page 150

• Page

of 173 First / Last

• Nades 23 Dec 2012 23:16:58 1,048 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hacker would be cool as I hate Armour Abilities with a passion, so they won't be as annoying I guess, but the other one looks retarded.

Liverpool FC

• Deleted user 24 December 2012 01:37:26
    "reign of terror!" :)

How does it decide when the king changes? I spent the entire game as king? I thought it was when you die but I died 10 times with 33 kills and every time I re spawned I was still king.
  • kinky_mong 24 Dec 2012 08:02:18 9,961 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The King is always the person in first place.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• Deleted user 24 December 2012 08:41:34
    Ohhhhh.

Durr.
  • mcmonkeyplc 24 Dec 2012 09:52:29 39,387 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Dominion is fucking cool.

That is all.

Quote of the game:

This is like some sort of game!

Come and get it cumslingers!

• altitude2k 24 Dec 2012 10:48:54 3,838 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    Quote of the game:

This is like some sort of game!
    Halo isn't a game. It's fucking WAR!
  • mcmonkeyplc 24 Dec 2012 10:55:20 39,387 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well Dominion certainly is a WAR.

I had no idea it existed until last Monday!

Fuck infinity slayer!

• altitude2k 25 Dec 2012 11:29:57 3,838 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Merry Christmas, my fellow Halo fans!
  • altitude2k 30 Dec 2012 15:44:40 3,838 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    My new favourite thing to bitch about. Those assholes who would rather blow up their own Gauss 'hog than live with the fact that someone else is on it. C*nts.
  • thefilthandthefury 30 Dec 2012 16:04:00 24,951 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well I got this for Christmas and absolutely bloody love it! I've only done four or five missions of the campaign but it's all great stuff, it reminds me a bit more of the first Halo. Not as many HUGE open areas, but still... I forgot how great simple firefights could be.

MP isn't letting me down either, it feels 'right' again, finally. I didn't get on with Reach at all!
  • Deleted user 1 January 2013 15:45:51
    I really miss being able to play Halo in split screen. Only a small selection of the maps seem to actually be playable at a decent frame rate. I swear on Shatter it was actually single digit at times, you can't play a FPS like that.

Also, the matchmaking is still fairly shambolic. Black screen seems to last for an eternity and I've had resets to lobby a few times now.

I've got such a love/hate relationship with this thing. When you can get a decent game it can be absolutely glorious but it's mired in frustrating decisions or technical failings.

Roll on next gen I guess, that's if they don't omit split screen altogether by then.
  • Deleted user 1 January 2013 16:45:54
    Strange. I played for about 4 hours and pretty much every map 4 player split with zero slow down.

When does Spartan ops re start?
  • Deleted user 1 January 2013 17:20:10
    Pepsipop wrote:
    When does Spartan ops re start?
    It restarts on January 21st.
  • thefilthandthefury 2 Jan 2013 10:14:29 24,951 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well I completed it and loved every minute, as I was saying before! Not sure about Spartan Ops though... I don't really 'get' what it is and the video episodes make Spartans appear to be jock arseholes rather than the unfeeling near-machines I naturally assumed they'd be.
  • oceanmotion 2 Jan 2013 12:16:32 15,662 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think anyone can be a Spartan now, they are like special arsehole ops. I don't think they even modify them or perhaps it's more streamlined and not so barbaric. Pretty non pulsed series, like a worse Firefight with horrible voice overs.

Did you really enjoy the last level moment in campaign ?
  • thefilthandthefury 2 Jan 2013 12:21:18 24,951 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, I quite liked it to be honest! I don't see how they could have done it without a just-as-cliched boss fight really. The only bit I didn't really like was the explanation for how Cortana saves the Chief. She basically just goes "yeah, so, you're fine because of me... can't tell you how... bye".
  • ResidentKnievel 2 Jan 2013 18:53:40 6,122 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I was bored so watched all the Halo 4 cut scenes on youtube.

So is Cortana Master Chief's girlfriend, now? Was the whole game focused on their sudden close relationship or what?

And why do the female Spartans have boobs and less muscle density when they're supposed to have suppressed secondary sexual characteristics and genetically engineered muscles? Normally I wouldn't care about this sort of stuff in games but in the context of Halo it makes absolutely no sense.
    (I know it was like this in Reach, too, but I've just realized that it's odd recently.)

Edit: on second thoughts maybe it's just Spartan II's who were like that.

And why are the female superior officers called sir?

And it feels like a self contained story rather than the beginning of a trilogy, but I'm probably missing a huge amount of context. This is probably a good thing, though.

Edited by ResidentKnievel at 18:55:26 02-01-2013

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• MrTomFTW Moderator 2 Jan 2013 19:13:06 37,362 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ResidentKnievel wrote:
    That's a real world US Military thing.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• ResidentKnievel 2 Jan 2013 19:21:40 6,122 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ahhh, maybe I should make a post in the Americanisms thread :p

• thefilthandthefury 2 Jan 2013 19:29:31 24,951 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Chief and Cortana have always had a kind of weird 'thing'. They need each other and they're together constantly, all the time... it's always kind of been leading up to this point anyway I'd say.
  • ResidentKnievel 2 Jan 2013 19:39:12 6,122 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I bet Halo 6's ending will have Cortana being made real by the composer, the Chief and her will live happily for all of five minutes until a Jackal somehow fires a single needle bolt through John's near-impervious shields and armour killing him instantly.

• oceanmotion 2 Jan 2013 20:03:01 15,662 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Chief being an old man will end up with Halsey who Cortana is based on. I bet to save Cortana, Halsey will have to die in some way, basically her memories and soul which Cortana will replace to survive which offers some redemption for Halsey. They will both die in the end but in the comfort of each other. It probably feels like an old relationship for them and they are never ever going to show Chief and Cortana getting it on. Old couple it is.

Edited by oceanmotion at 20:06:46 02-01-2013
  • Deleted user 2 January 2013 20:19:07
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    ResidentKnievel wrote:
    That's a real world US Military thing.
    It's the whole asexual = equality thing. Although sir is definitely more of a masculine title. Maybe a new title is needed?

Back to Halo 4 and I want to shove that incineration cannon up the developers collective arses. It is the single most ridiculous weapon in a Halo game. I got spawned in front of the same guy on three occasions on Solace and he nuked me each time. There was literally nothing I could do, at least with a rocket launcher I have a chance but the blast of an incineration cannon is all encompassing.

I'm really enjoying the new maps although it's telling that the designated playlist has a paltry number of participants.

It's obviously doing something right though as I keep wanting to play it and get good at it, it is awesome at times but some issues are teeth knashingly frustrating.
  • Nades 2 Jan 2013 22:45:48 1,048 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Does anyone know when they're doing the skill-based ranking system update?

Liverpool FC

• DFawkes 3 Jan 2013 00:11:27 22,600 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nades wrote:
    Does anyone know when they're doing the skill-based ranking system update?
    It's already in the game, it's just going to be made visible and tweaked to improve it. They're basically using the data from the invisible system to tune it for when it's visible, which should hopefully mean for better matchmaking :)

Citation, should you need it, specifically "At Halo 4ís launch, the competitive skill system will measure your performance against other players in Halo 4 War Games and use this information to match you up against opponents of comparable skill ranks."

I don't think there's any more specifics so far, but I'd rather they took their time with this. The more games that get played, the better the data they have to get it just right.

Edited by DFawkes at 00:18:30 03-01-2013

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• RedSparrows 3 Jan 2013 00:33:06 22,059 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    As Fawkes said, there IS a skill-based matchmaking thing in it. Everyone bleats for numbers, which only ever offered a rough approximation of quality. Better than nothing, but hardly anything to go nuts over. But then, this is Halo.
  • Deleted user 3 January 2013 08:45:46
    Having several family member in the military ex or serving, both in the British and American I can re affirm the fact it is ma'am not sir. Nothing to do with equality, so you either call a female officer ma'am or acknowledge her by her rank.

I guess halo thinks in the future everyone has a penis. That is as stupid as not being able to call a married woman Mrs because it is sexiest.
  • CharlieStCloud 3 Jan 2013 09:10:01 5,069 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I finally hit level forty yesterday evening, a shy over two months since the game was released ...

... I would like to know what's all this malarky about level fifty, in that folks here in the UK won't be able to be given a choice of their next model thingummy or character abilities?
  • mcmonkeyplc 3 Jan 2013 09:53:58 39,387 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    God damn why do feminist's find everything oppresses them?!

"That building looks like a cock! I'm not entering!" :p

• Deleted user 3 January 2013 10:23:20
    Who finds it oppressing.
  • Page

of 173 First / Last