SHOPTO appreciation thread Page 34

• Page

of 39 First / Last

• Murbal 15 Aug 2012 14:44:11 21,947 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    In magic numbers at the bottom of the home page that only special people can see - 0844 318 1328

Edited by Murbal at 14:53:36 15-08-2012
  • L_Franko Moderator 15 Aug 2012 14:50:50 9,694 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cheers Murbal.
    I don't get any information at the bottom of the screen and all the text at the top is near on unreadable because for some reason it is pretty much the same colour as the background.
    I'm thinking it might also have something to do with works crappy IE.
  • joeymoto108 15 Aug 2012 14:50:59 628 posts
    Seen 6 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @L_Franko

+44 (0) 844 318 1328
    Costs 5p a minute, just a heads up.

'Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?'

• joeymoto108 15 Aug 2012 14:52:27 628 posts
    Seen 6 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Woops late reply.

'Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?'

• Murbal 15 Aug 2012 14:53:08 21,947 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @L_Franko IE?

/shudders
  • L_Franko Moderator 15 Aug 2012 14:57:05 9,694 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cheers for the effort Joey :)

Mubal - I know, I think they keep it to try and stop you using the internet so much.
  • L_Franko Moderator 15 Aug 2012 15:16:58 9,694 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Heh, I rang, placed my order, walked straight back to my desk and I had an email saying my order has been shipped with an attached photo of my package with my name and address on already.
    Those guys are rapid!
  • DSR3 15 Aug 2012 15:26:12 265 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    They are great, Mario dispatched yesterday and I think that it will have been delivered when I get in tonight.
  • johnson81 15 Aug 2012 16:13:05 373 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I can't rate Shopto any higher. I think the latest I ordered a game was at 16:40pm whilst at work and still received it the next day. I know some people have problems with them but I think it's more to do with Royal Mail more than Shopto.
  • SomaticSense 21 Aug 2012 14:21:22 7,986 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sorry if I'm late, but just went to the Shopto site for the first time since the redesign to make some preorders for the autumn winter rush to see if they've got Demon's Souls. Um... yeah.

It's fucking terrible. Like, really, REALLY abysmal. What were they thinking? I can't seem to find the option anywhere for a simple A-Z search of a system's games, no forum anymore. In fact, it's so minimal it feels like a game website equivalent of those avantgarde shops you get on the outskirts of a city centre the have whole shelves full of literally two items to make it look spacious and 'cool'. In fact they've gone from one extreme to another, before it was JD Sports or Primark where you have to walk sideways to squeeze past the masses of aisles and clothes stewn across the floor, to this arty shit.

And who signed off the 'white on white' colour scheme? It look me a few seconds of frantic clicking just to find the goddamn search box.

edit: Oh wait, it seems they do have Demon's Souls after all after checking Gamestracker.com. It's just the search function is so borked it kept coming up with "No results found". Actually no, it's because they spelt it wrong. Good job.

Hopefully the delivery service is as impeccable as before.

Heh, I go to order it and it just directs me to a blank white page. Christ sake. It keeps taking me to that same blank page whenever I click 'Buy'. As well, I can't actually find where the hell you sign in on the main page. So it seems I won't ever find out whether their service is still as good as before, because they won't actually let me order anything.

Edited by SomaticSense at 14:37:34 21-08-2012
  • Mr-Brett 21 Aug 2012 14:39:10 12,723 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hmm, could be teething issues or a browser specific bug? I just put in 'demon' and hit enter, found it, clicked it and buy, no problems.

Using chrome btw.

Portable view - Never forget.

• MatMan562 21 Aug 2012 14:42:43 2,317 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @SomaticSense What browser are you using? I always used to use IE but after having problems with their site they suggested I used Firefox (which is better all around anyway imo), since then i've had no problems with their site even since the redesign, though I haven't used that much.

It's worth trying a different browser anyway.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Zomoniac 21 Aug 2012 14:43:43 7,809 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Using Chrome, the search box appears as white on grey, takes up a good chunk of the top middle of the page, says "Search" in it and is nigh on unmissable, I'm guessing something's not working right on your browser.
  • SomaticSense 21 Aug 2012 14:48:56 7,986 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm using IE, which I know isn't the 'go to' browser, but I've had way too many problems with both Chrome and Firefox so ironically find IE to be far more reliable on this PC.

It doesn't matter now though, I've gone back to the delivery punctuality lottery that it is Amazon, as they also have it in stock for a similar price, and were pretty good in delivering the Spidey graphic novel which I ordered yesterday and arrived today.
  • kinky_mong 21 Aug 2012 14:51:08 9,985 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah it definitely sounds like a browser problem, it works fine for me on Chrome and Firefox.

And the delivery is still impeccable, my copy of Darksiders 2 was dispatched last Friday and arrived Saturday morning, and is only due out today!

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• sickpuppysoftware 22 Aug 2012 19:34:57 1,320 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Looks like their PSN instant codes have gone

You cannot stop me with paramecium alone!

• DuvaDan88 3 Sep 2012 15:21:21 539 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hi, this is the first time I've pre ordered with Shopto and not sure which postage to go with. If i go the the royal mail first class odds are I will get it thursday but if I pay the 6 fancy postage will I get it Wednesday or will it just guarantee it for Thursday? Any help is very welcome.

Xbox, Steam - DuvaDan
    3DS 4639-9278-1687
    Feel free to add me

• DUFFMAN5 3 Sep 2012 15:31:20 14,438 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I have ordered as late as 14:00 in the day and got the NEXT day, standard free delivery

...don't take my word for it, read the thread :)

They are brilliant.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• andywilkie35 3 Sep 2012 15:35:08 5,338 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wouldn't pay the extra postage mate, as Duffman said it is extremely rare not getting a game the next day with free delivery :)

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• DuvaDan88 3 Sep 2012 16:33:04 539 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thanks guys will save the cash

Xbox, Steam - DuvaDan
    3DS 4639-9278-1687
    Feel free to add me

• PenguinJim 25 Sep 2012 08:11:36 5,762 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'd love to know what was in the contract for whoever updated their website. The list of deprovements is hilarious!

Anyway, shockingly shit difficult-to-browse unable-to-preorder broken-live-chat account-credit-glitching new look aside, has anyone ever followed their Twitter account? I've vaguely followed it for almost six months, and whoever is running it is such a hilariously rude cunt. :D I've nearly mentioned it here a couple of times, because it's sometimes quite entertaining, but it's also quite bad for the customers expecting at least some politeness (or perhaps even an explanation of Shopto's more... interesting quirks).

Hmmm... I'm not Captain Twitter (Shopto make up about a quarter of the places I follow)... how do I link today's brilliance? Maybe if I copy/paste. But the conversation keeps diverting! How did Twitter get to be so popular anyway? Here's some, just look for Mr_Roynaldo in the above link if you particularly want more grounds for dismissal:

Roy ‏@Mr_Roynaldo
    Also whats the only 1 account per household crap about? My family want to buy me presents for Xmas/Bday! @shoptonet

12:17 PM - 24 Sep 12 Details
    11h ShopTo ‏@shoptonet
    @Mr_Roynaldo Hi, sorry to know that you do not like the new site, we allow different address but not with the same credit card..

11h Roy ‏@Mr_Roynaldo
    @shoptonet We need same address, different credit card....kinda like every other retailer. I love your service, outstanding but problems...

11h ShopTo ‏@shoptonet
    @Mr_Roynaldo yes no one want duplicate accounst in the database, it get bigger for nothing....

11h Roy ‏@Mr_Roynaldo
    @shoptonet ... i think interface baggage and unable to hold 2 accounts to same address is serious for your sales.

11h ShopTo ‏@shoptonet
    @Mr_Roynaldo Iwhy , Why shell we have 2 same address 2 same card on file but different name? Sorry no one does it, same for paypal..

11h Roy ‏@Mr_Roynaldo
    @shoptonet Last time my family tried to purchase from you (and as you stated), my sister or my friend or my family (whoever lives with me)..

11h ShopTo ‏@shoptonet
    @Mr_Roynaldo have they tried now? hmm no

11h Roy ‏@Mr_Roynaldo
    @shoptonet Now im the one confused. Did you not say we cant have 2 accounts to the same address?

11h ShopTo ‏@shoptonet
    @Mr_Roynaldo no I said , you can't if you have the same credit card!! if you have same credit card you buy your gift by your self..!?

11h Roy ‏@Mr_Roynaldo
    @shoptonet I did re read the tweet to make sure i was right or wrong, certainly read that way. Misunderstanding it seems. Also id like to...

11h Roy ‏@Mr_Roynaldo
    @shoptonet ...add that for a business your sense of professionalism when dealing with customers is quite rude. Exlamations, sarcasm. etc

11h ShopTo ‏@shoptonet
    @Mr_Roynaldo ok added..

I feel like I've broken some netiquette rules here... should I have just linked to Twitter or something? If so, I apologise. But that was just one of the wrecks littering Shopto's Twitter Highway today. :)

(Expect a lot less bargains for Shopto from me, as their site is a pain in the arse to quickly browse for updates, too, but I expect their service/delivery hasn't changed)
  • spamdangled 25 Sep 2012 08:27:08 27,271 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    My DPD driver Dave will apparently be delivering Pandaria at half four. not long to wait now!

I suppose in the meantime I could try and get my head around the new talent system.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• spamdangled 25 Sep 2012 08:29:50 27,271 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @PenguinJim Weird, because both me and my partner have accounts with shopto and they are both registered using different cards for the same address.

Mine originally wasnt though, so maybe theres a loophole there that can be exploited.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Murbal 25 Sep 2012 08:38:02 21,947 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've followed the Twitter account, and when they put a games price up they tweet that it's 'recently reduced'.

ShopTo ‏@shoptonet
    Recently Price Reduced: Lollipop Chainsaw GBP22.85 http://goo.gl/TEvbk #shopto #xbox 360

‏@bob74online
    @shoptonet this was under 20 this morning, how is that 'price reduced'?

No response.
  • Murbal 25 Sep 2012 08:38:56 21,947 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They don't half spam the 'offers' out too. Had to unfollow.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 25 Sep 2012 08:43:36 25,430 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Since the recent site downgrade, 85% of the time I try to login I just get an error message. It's a great piece of work.
  • PenguinJim 25 Sep 2012 08:51:38 5,762 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    I've followed the Twitter account, and when they put a games price up they tweet that it's 'recently reduced'.
    That particularly used to irk me when I was checking their site for bargains each day (opening four Recently Reduced pages a day and spending ten seconds looking for differences... super-easy with the old site!) because not only were price increases "recently reduced", but it would also take a week or more for their Twitter account to notice! Slow AND wrong! :champ:

I'm glad I wasn't the only person to notice that. :)
  • Deleted user 28 September 2012 13:17:30
    Is the site down for anyone else? All Im getting is "Property Customer.codcli is not defined"

Not their only blunder recently either. Yesterday they canceled an order of mine, asking me to update my card details when they were already up to date. Meh, utterly irksome.
  • sickpuppysoftware 28 Sep 2012 13:22:37 1,320 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yep up and down for me. I'm trying to check my broken PSN points order has been refunded.

I believe the four letter word they are uttering is FIFA.

You cannot stop me with paramecium alone!

• LetsGo 28 Sep 2012 13:27:18 5,175 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I have a love/hate relationship with Shopto.

I'm also a hypocrite.

I love them as I get my games early...... yet that breaks the streetdate which is a tad out of order.

I love them becquse of the price........ in the past I've been sent European versions which I belive is why they are so cheap and I thought they shouldnt be selling them (please correct me if im wrong).

They also lose the odd parcel and you need to wait 20 odd days for a replacement.

But their site is rubbish and always up and down.
  • Page

of 39 First / Last