SHOPTO appreciation thread Page 3

• Page

of 39 First / Last

• Deleted user 26 September 2007 16:34:13
    Unfortunately their forum is full of fellating satisfied customers. Well, for now.
  • wobbler147 26 Sep 2007 16:37:07 5,136 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ?
  • moggsy 26 Sep 2007 16:38:47 3,860 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm sorry, am I dealing with an Ebay seller here or the boss of a genuine games retailer?

Classic comment over on the 'other' forum. It's exactly how I feel and he's dealing with this in exactly the same way he dealt with my complaint...
  • WrongShui 26 Sep 2007 21:03:50 6,598 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was gonna just be done with this but fuck them, I'm taking this all the fucking way, their shitty attitude and their rampant blind fanboi defense just pissed me right the fuck off.

They shipped me a faulty game, I'm entitled by the Sales of Good Act to a refund, they can take whatever engrish jibberish they are sputing and ram it up their asses.

Also windle the unpaid forum administrator says he doesn't want to comment on the legallities of the situation, but still fucking mouths about them!

Their official line is "Unfortunately we are not issuing refunds with the collectors edition unless the game is returned to us still in the wrapping. This is because Microsoft have now admitted a problem with the packaging."

I understand its Microsofts fault, totally, and I think how they are handling the returns and replacements is great, but I want a refund and they are being so pissy and arsey about it.
  • RevanEleven 26 Sep 2007 21:09:05 2,076 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    WAR!

Go consumers!
  • nick303 26 Sep 2007 21:20:13 1,526 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Igor really doesn't get it does he? Why has he just asked if you have removed the packaging? You have already told him you have.

It doesn't matter anyway, you're in the right and ShopTo should refund you and littlealex!
  • WrongShui 26 Sep 2007 21:28:52 6,598 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tomorrow I call Consumer Direct, get my facts straight, then I call shopto.net and quote the laws they are ignoring.

Then I crack out the war paint and my imatation blunt samurai sword, take one out before it breaks and then get beat down by the police.

Moral Victory!
  • RevanEleven 26 Sep 2007 21:31:45 2,076 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well good luck, hope you give 'em hell

/wants Wrongshui on my side if we were 'in the trenches'
  • Sie 26 Sep 2007 21:44:10 8 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm in a predicament with ShopTo when it comes to Halo 3 too, but for a different reason.

Pre-ordered the game last week but decided to cancel it on Friday and just buy it from a shop today. After cancelling it though, I discovered they had already taken the money for the game from my bank. We all know they were charging early to meet demand so that's fine.

However, their system apparently crashed that same Friday and they now have no record of my pre-order or of charging my bank account. They don't seem to be all that concerned about investigating anything about it at their end either so it's now up to me to provide proof with a bank statement and sort it all out.

First time I've used them and I 'm getting the impression that when things don't go quite to plan for them, they don't want to hear. Not impressed at all.
  • JayeM 26 Sep 2007 21:44:13 3,386 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Really hope you fight this 'til the end WrongShui, always good to see the customers win. :p
  • dudewheresmybrain 26 Sep 2007 21:46:36 657 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    while you all moan about the fact that MICROSOFT didnt test the LE boxes enough i thought id mention

i pre ordered skate at 4.30 today and by 6 it had shipped... now that is good service

i noticed ppl mentioning about them selling european games ... the blue dragon i got in the post from gamestation on friday was an EU copy too....

overall i find them impressive, fair enough the igor dude might need to top up on his english, but otherwise i find them really good, no other shops post on forums telling you when theyll have games in stock etc

• WrongShui 26 Sep 2007 21:49:43 6,598 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    dudewheresmybrain wrote:
    while you all moan about the fact that MICROSOFT didnt test the LE boxes enough i thought id mention

i pre ordered skate at 4.30 today and by 6 it had shipped... now that is good service

i noticed ppl mentioning about them selling european games ... the blue dragon i got in the post from gamestation on friday was an EU copy too....

overall i find them impressive, fair enough the igor dude might need to top up on his english, but otherwise i find them really good, no other shops post on forums telling you when theyll have games in stock etc

Thats nice, I thought their handling of Bioshock was brilliant, the the effort they are putting in to replacement copies of Halo 3 is comendable and the site is easy to use.

If it wasn't for the pesky fact they are breaking the law refusing my refund and being pricks about it I'd kneel down and blow them like 99% of the rest of their forum.
  • dudewheresmybrain 26 Sep 2007 22:01:55 657 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    yeah in this halo situ they should refund you esp since i expect m$ will pay them it all abck
  • RevanEleven 26 Sep 2007 22:05:20 2,076 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    dudewheresmybrain wrote:
    Yes in this situation they should refund you, especially since i expect Microsoft will refund them.

Betr m8?
  • WrongShui 26 Sep 2007 22:34:04 6,598 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Do the people blindly defending them get paid?
  • dnbuk 26 Sep 2007 22:38:19 4,942 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've given up using them after 'Igor' says i need my credit card to be 3d secure or some shit, wtf?

And am i right in thinking there's no way to close your account with them? I couldn't find a link.
  • absolutezero 26 Sep 2007 22:48:00 7,956 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My honest opinion is that no one would care this much if it was'nt fucking Halo.

Halo, bringing out the worst in people since it was created.
  • WrongShui 26 Sep 2007 22:48:27 6,598 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    dnbuk wrote:
    I've given up using them after 'Igor' says i need my credit card to be 3d secure or some shit, wtf?

And am i right in thinking there's no way to close your account with them? I couldn't find a link.

Email support and ask them to delete it.

I really don't like them having mine now.
  • bonker 26 Sep 2007 22:52:37 792 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    "Igor".

Nuff said.
  • WrongShui 26 Sep 2007 23:00:01 6,598 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Now Igor is saying his company dont fall under the rules of regulations of the Sales of Goods Act 1979.

Why didn't one of you jerks inform me he retails from off the surface of the mother fucking moon!?
  • WrongShui 26 Sep 2007 23:30:51 6,598 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well thats that then, he doesn't think the Sales of Goods Act applies to him and I'll have to lawyer up or goto court or something.
    And its a fucking shame coz I reckon hes an alright bloke, just doesn't know how wrong he is.
  • Drpwnage 27 Sep 2007 00:00:49 687 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've been impressed with the delivery service from Shop-To on a couple of orders, but experiencing poor after-sales service with a faulty Halo 3 disc (not even CE) will be the last piece of business they get from me.

I'd rather pay a couple of quid more and buy with peace of mind from a decent retailer.

If your having problems with a refund then here is the link to the sale of goods act. If they are a registered UK company there is no way out of it:

http://www.dti.gov.uk/consumers/buying-selling
    under the sale & supply heading

If the goods were faulty at point of sale then the retailer is legally bound to provide a full refund.
  • WrongShui 27 Sep 2007 00:03:23 6,598 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its a shame Ill have to drag his arse to court to get it back, but if thats what needs to be done.
  • Deleted user 27 September 2007 00:54:24
    After a brief scan of their forums, I've come to the conclusion that the people who hang there are certifiably insane.
  • WrongShui 27 Sep 2007 00:56:18 6,598 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    squarejawhero wrote:
    After a brief scan of their forums, I've come to the conclusion that the people who hang there are certifiably insane.

Its gonna be real hard not to rub it in when I get my money back.
  • WrongShui 27 Sep 2007 08:55:19 6,598 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Consumer Direct inform me I that a replacement is satisfactory.

Which seems like complete bollocks but c'est la vie.

So its back to plan A. Disc fixer and Microsofts disc swap if necessary.

Just seems totally unfair that all I can get is a replacement, I'm locked into a deal since I brought defective software;.

Edit 2 :

HA!

I just got a phone call from Consumer Direct and they told me I'm totally entitled to a refund and not a replacement!

Not gonna bother like, the game works now, but anyone else here who's ever in a similar situation you can demand a refund for faulty goods!

God knows what the woman I spoke to was on.
  • 1Dgaf 27 Sep 2007 09:35:39 3,788 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    WrongShui wrote:
    Consumer Direct inform me I that a replacement is satisfactory.

Which seems like complete bollocks but c'est la vie.

So its back to plan A. Disc fixer and Microsofts disc swap if necessary.

Just seems totally unfair that all I can get is a replacement, I'm locked into a deal since I brought defective software;.

Did you explain that 'I opened the box and the discs were damaged'?

Because this doesn't seem right, at least not according to what I read.

Now, here's the question -- are you going to shop with them again?

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

• Page

of 39 First / Last