Dexter Page 54

• Page

of 62 First / Last

• GuiltySpark 18 Dec 2012 22:45:26 6,353 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If you keep telling a perfectly calm person to calm down, they're gonna end up angry : )

Smiley face hides my urge to cling film you to a table.

Get bent.

• GuiltySpark 18 Dec 2012 23:07:44 6,353 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    rodpad wrote:
    Best series since 4 if you ask me.
    I agree there. Six was the low point I reckon, can't imagine we're going to descend to those depths again.

Get bent.

• Deleted user 18 December 2012 23:22:15
    It's not the worst season (I'd agree 5 and 6 were worse), but it's nowhere near as good as any of the first four. 3 wasn't brilliant, I suppose, but 1,2 and 4 were incredibly good TV. This was a handful of decent episodes and storylines (mostly concerning Isaac) inbetween average-to-really shit ones.
  • GuiltySpark 18 Dec 2012 23:29:18 6,353 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They seem to have major trouble thinking of a season-wide story arc for the Big Bad, culminating in what seems like two mini seasons. Trinity was a full season, was he not?

And in regards to the fact that it is "just" a TV show, that's not the case. Well, it clearly is the case, but to say that you shouldn't really think or something shouldn't really inspire criticism because it's "just" a game, book, film, show or whatever, is fairly naive, and doesn't give those mediums justice.

Get bent.

• Zizoo 19 Dec 2012 12:05:13 8,251 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Watching this on the back of Breaking Bad didn't help.

Nothing wrong with being disappointed in a favorite show of mine going downhill.

Edited by ZizouFC at 12:12:21 19-12-2012
  • Darren 19 Dec 2012 13:47:39 8,756 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ProfessorWileECoyote wrote:
    I watch 'Dexter' with the view of it being an origin story, before becoming a full blown psychopathic villain.

- Watched mother get killed

- Orphaned at age 3

- Starts killing neighbourhood pets

- Conditioned to learn 'The Code' and later assigns a 'Dark Passenger' to urge his kills

- Apparitions of a deceased father, Harry

- Wife murdered

- Son to look after

- Failed/troubled/dangerous releationships

- Sister admitting she has feelings for him

Planing to kill LaGuerta, an innocent, was him crossing that line where he knew there was no going back. He's already dragged Debs in so far that he actually seems lost of hope. That drained look on his face when his sister pointed the gun at him? I believe he'd had enough and was actually waiting for Debs to pull the trigger...

'Dexter' is the origin of a villain.
    Brilliant post. You've perfectly summed up Dexter in a way I never could.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• Deleted user 19 December 2012 15:38:00
    He's also summed up Dexter in a way the writers haven't.
  • GuiltySpark 19 Dec 2012 16:29:40 6,353 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    meme wrote:
    He's also summed up Dexter in a way the writers haven't.
    Ha exactly. It's not a bad theory by any means, but it is not what is happening. It's definitely a turning point for Dexter, but is he going to become an all-out villain? It's incredibly doubtful, purely because the audience wouldn't relate.

Get bent.

• Iain815 14 Jan 2013 01:10:55 410 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Interesting news, season 8 will air early, in June.The not so good news, they haven't decided if this will be the last season.

Edited by Iain815 at 01:11:25 14-01-2013
  • Zizoo 14 Jan 2013 06:25:57 8,251 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Let it die.
  • Iain815 14 Jan 2013 23:57:43 410 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If they don't make season 8 the last, I don't think I'll bother watching on.
  • Deleted user 15 January 2013 00:04:41
    At a guess, they're moving it early so they can put something in the autumn season that won't be horribly ignored by the Golden Globes.
  • TarickStonefire 19 Jan 2013 18:00:21 2,978 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Woah, I thought this last season was the last ever? Now they're wringing more out of it? Was that always the plan or is that a relatively new development?

I put up with the regular last-second getaways and the fairly weak cop-out ending because I thought it was the last.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• Iain815 19 Jan 2013 18:22:36 410 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    Woah, I thought this last season was the last ever? Now they're wringing more out of it? Was that always the plan or is that a relatively new development?

I put up with the regular last-second getaways and the fairly weak cop-out ending because I thought it was the last.
    Nah, it was always the plan to have season 8 be the last (but not officially set in stone).

If the entire show ended with last season's ending, I would have been a lot more angry.
  • Deleted user 19 January 2013 19:19:19
    Finally caught up so can safely enter the thread. Good series but didn't like the direction it went, or ended. Deb is better than this. I know this season was centred around "do what you gotta do", but Dexter has to get caught. I honestly don't see how it can end any other way beyond him being caught. Dying or going on the run will be a cop out.
  • TarickStonefire 19 Jan 2013 22:39:06 2,978 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The last few seasons all seem to have ended with a variation on him nearly getting caught; if the whole next series is working towards that too I'll get seriously bored.

• Megapocalypse 18 May 2013 07:44:09 5,372 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Season 8 trailer

• HitchHiker 18 May 2013 08:28:08 2,770 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Haven't seen S7 yet but I don't get all the hate for S6. I thought it was still a cut above most other TV, especially UK TV.
  • CosmicFuzz 18 May 2013 10:56:59 23,755 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah but most UK TV is garbage. It's not exactly saying much when a show is better than Torchwood or Mrs Brown's Boys.

Episode 5 of our gaming podcast Open Source is a Gamescom Special. Check it out here!

• Zizoo 20 May 2013 13:39:08 8,251 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm just looking forward to it being over tbh.

I hope it can go out on a high though.
  • TarickStonefire 21 May 2013 11:03:07 2,978 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So Deb is going to descend into an annoying depression that keeps getting in the way, and meanwhile there's a big bad for Dexter to try and deal with while sorting out his family shit.

I used to love this show but I have to say I don't really care that much, it's always so predictable, and he always gets away. Should have ended with S7.

• TarickStonefire 21 May 2013 11:04:37 2,978 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Finally caught up so can safely enter the thread. Good series but didn't like the direction it went, or ended. Deb is better than this. I know this season was centred around "do what you gotta do", but Dexter has to get caught. I honestly don't see how it can end any other way beyond him being caught. Dying or going on the run will be a cop out.
    True in some ways, but if it does end with him getting caught I think I'll rather resent that. Such a 'huh. Oh well' way to end.

• Scurrminator 30 Jun 2013 21:43:03 8,395 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This starts tonight. Seems to have come out of nowhere. Hopefully it leaves with some dignity.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• B0rked_Gamer 1 Jul 2013 07:07:46 2,527 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hm it was rather unsatisfying the way the story skipped ahead six months and how would mad doctor person know about the code?

Edited by B0rked_Gamer at 07:08:17 01-07-2013
  • Page

of 62 First / Last