Dexter Page 51

• Page

of 62 First / Last

• Deleted user 19 November 2012 18:05:10
    I'm watching it because it's a Sunday TV marathon routine with the wife. Amazing Race, Dexter, Homeland, Walking Dead (though she usually goes to bed before TWD). Otherwise I'd have deleted it off the playlist two episodes ago.

But yeah, Deb saying "I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU WAAAH" to Dexter is just a shark jumping moment to me. Vaguely hinting at it was okay, but bringing it to the forefront as a major series point felt stupid. Doubly-so because it's probably going to be all forgotten within two episodes, like everything else.
  • Deleted user 19 November 2012 18:11:29
    She's been far too accepting of what he is and what he does. She seems to have got over him being the most prolific murderer ever in a few days, then going as far as asking him to kill people.

They seem to have abandoned putting proper obstacles in the way and forgotten the characters have personalities. They've just een too unambitious which, given what the show is about, is very disappointing.
  • Deleted user 19 November 2012 18:19:14
    To be honest, I think they've been overly ambitious. Throwing out Deb discovering Dexter's a serial killer -and- having her confess her love to him within the space of three or four episodes is just massive overkill.
  • Deleted user 19 November 2012 18:30:01
    But then they don't do anything with those events, that's about as ambitious as soaps killing someone or someone having an affair every other week. When they've just done it with no real build up or intelligent development that that seems lazy if they aren't going to use it or follow through properly.
  • Deleted user 19 November 2012 18:33:54
    Yeah, that's true. It's like with Dexter's son, they made a massive deal about it for about three episodes following his birth, then he vanished and only ever gets mentioned when the writers remember he exists.
  • Deleted user 19 November 2012 18:37:40
    I'm continuing to watch this mostly for Ray Stevenson, who is just...bloody gorgeous. /drool

ed

He would make a terrific Bond imo!

Edited by oi at 18:39:50 19-11-2012
  • GuiltySpark 19 Nov 2012 22:15:47 6,469 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    But, personally, if a show isn't grabbing me in any way, I would need to be seriously invested in it to keep watching.
    I'd say watching seven series' of it makes me pretty invested.

Get bent.

• jambii267 21 Nov 2012 01:10:39 1,368 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Regardless of what you think of the storyline/this season, Jennifer Carpenter's performance in the last episode was terrific.

NNID: Jambii267 PSN: Dr-Jambii 3DS: 0216-0806-8561

• Iain815 21 Nov 2012 01:42:05 441 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I didn't find that episode that bad. Yes, it's a shame the Deb loves Dex storyline reared it's stupid head again, but hopefully it will now be put to rest and we'll never hear of it again.

Side note: I could listen to Ray Stevenson talk all night.
  • Mola_Ram 21 Nov 2012 03:43:48 8,325 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    But, personally, if a show isn't grabbing me in any way, I would need to be seriously invested in it to keep watching.
    I'd say watching seven series' of it makes me pretty invested.
    Well, the last couple have been pretty poor, although I have found things I liked about them, and hence kept watching. If you were ever going to bail, though, then would have been the time!

Edited by Mola_Ram at 04:27:16 21-11-2012
  • Mola_Ram 21 Nov 2012 04:24:26 8,325 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Iain815 wrote:
    I didn't find that episode that bad. Yes, it's a shame the Deb loves Dex storyline reared it's stupid head again, but hopefully it will now be put to rest and we'll never hear of it again.

Side note: I could listen to Ray Stevenson talk all night.
    Even if the rest of the season turns to shit - and I'm not convinced it has, given the improvement over last season - I would still watch it for Ray Stevenson. Isaak is a fantastic character.

Not in a gay way.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
  • Darren 23 Nov 2012 15:32:57 9,081 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've really been enjoying this season of Dexter and this week's episode was great until the bit where Deb confesses to Dexter that she is in love with him. I really was hoping that sub-plot had died a quiet death as it is absurd, not because of the stepbrother/sister thing but because Deb had not even given it a first though until the psychiatrist put the idea into her head. Then she has a dream where she almost kisses Dexter. The whole thing just seems shoe-horned in for shock-value and is so out of character for Deb anyway from what we've seen.

Discovering Isaak was gay was not that much of a surprise. Maybe it's my own 'gaydar' but I suspected as much when he confessed the vendetta against Dexter was over him killing one of his 'valued' henchmen. The scene with Isaak and Dexter talking in the gay bar was superbly written and acted (shame about the tacky background music) and I really thought that Isaak was going to forgive Dexter at that point (and, no, I wasn't expecting them to quite kiss and make up!).

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 4 GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 SC, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• Scurrminator 23 Nov 2012 15:41:38 8,472 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm just waiting for LaGuerta to come in right at the end of this season and SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER catch Dexter and that will make me LaSquirta

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Darren 23 Nov 2012 16:25:17 9,081 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That's the rumoured title for the last episode of season 7, isn't it? I suspect that LaGuerta's days are numbered myself, especially as she is hard;y but I cannot see it being Dexter who will kill her as it doesn't fit his code. I suspect she may end up being a convenient victim of Isaak when she gets in the way; that's usually how the writers deal with characters that find out about Dexter but aren't necessarily killers themselves, e.g. Doaks and Louis.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 4 GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 SC, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• TheSaint 23 Nov 2012 16:29:15 14,833 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Didn't the code go out the window a season or two ago when he started randomly killing people in public toilets?
  • Scurrminator 23 Nov 2012 16:44:05 8,472 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If anyone kills LaGuerta it will be Deb.
    I think Isaak will be seen off either next week or the week afterwards.

• mikew1985 23 Nov 2012 17:33:33 13,047 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It seems to be the most unfocused series yet.

At least 5 and 6 had clear direction at this stage. This one seems like a massive hodge podge of stories.
  • oceanmotion 23 Nov 2012 17:40:08 16,129 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Deb reminds me of a white Avatar sometimes.

Hannah, I get lost in close ups, so dreamy.

Isaak, talk forever, I'll listen to every word.
  • JayG 23 Nov 2012 19:07:30 869 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm enjoying it a lot more then the last series, which I would have quit cept the wife loves it. Stevenson is a hell of a lot better then hanks' junior. In fact anyone who hasn't seen it should watch Rome to see Stevenson at his best. One of my all time favourite shows.
  • Scimarad 23 Nov 2012 19:21:33 8,638 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    He was fantastic in Rome.
  • Deleted user 23 November 2012 20:01:12
    mikew1985 wrote:
    It seems to be the most unfocused series yet.

At least 5 and 6 had clear direction at this stage. This one seems like a massive hodge podge of stories.
    This is so true.
  • jambii267 26 Nov 2012 10:52:17 1,368 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ahh man :( That was way too early.

NNID: Jambii267 PSN: Dr-Jambii 3DS: 0216-0806-8561

• Deleted user 26 November 2012 18:49:25
    Three episodes left and they decided to can the only interesting plot thread this season early. Nice one.
  • AlcohollicA 26 Nov 2012 19:18:16 2,357 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'd say LaGuerta's investigation could get interesting tbf.
  • Deleted user 26 November 2012 19:20:24
    That's just gonna be build-up to the last season. Still predicting that the finale will be the BHB case being officially reopened, with the last season arc being Deb torn between investigating or protecting Dexter.
  • whatfruit 27 Nov 2012 13:35:40 1,694 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I am seriously going to miss Mr Stevenson who was simply the best thing in this series. I wish he could have stayed longer and I feel that his payoff was a bit lacking, but he stole every scene he was in. I wish that they had canned some of the bloat in this season to give him more screen time and expostion.

It was nice to have an intelligent bad ass hombre rather than a deranged psycho as the primary antagonist.

Am interested to see where the rest of the season is going to finish, "Suprise Muthafucker" is just around the corner and will probably as other have speculated invole LaGuerta reopening the Bay Harbour Buther case or the reveal of some evidence that ties Dex to the murders.

bobomb wrote:
    so it's not really on her terms, it's on his terms, because she isn't real.

• Scurrminator 27 Nov 2012 14:33:06 8,472 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Another thumbs up for Ray S - his character was great and wished they could have kept him around.
    Why do they always have to kill people off on this show!

• Page

of 62 First / Last