Dexter Page 49

• Page

of 62 First / Last

• TheSaint 19 Oct 2012 13:49:13 14,144 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rita never actually got them out though, did she?
  • neilka 19 Oct 2012 14:45:16 15,540 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Did she own a flask?
  • mikew1985 19 Oct 2012 14:47:23 12,563 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    anthonypappa wrote:
    lumen was the sexiest in it.
    Yup, I really love Julia Styles and her oddly alluring flat face.

Yvonne Strahovski is tops too.
  • oceanmotion 19 Oct 2012 14:57:55 15,610 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There was a dark haired nutter Dexter went out with in earlier seasons, she was very nice.

That intern who had a short stay from last season was good too.
  • mikew1985 19 Oct 2012 15:06:05 12,563 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Do you mean Pardon my tits who he ended up flying to Paris and killing?
  • oceanmotion 19 Oct 2012 15:16:08 15,610 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, that would be the one.

I was half expecting Sully from Monsters Inc to run past.

Edited by oceanmotion at 15:19:21 19-10-2012
  • Deleted user 22 October 2012 03:10:57
    meme wrote:
    Kind of annoying how they're setting it up to just go back to business as usual, just with Deb helping him out with the murders. I want some actual change to the show's dynamic, but Deb might as well just start calling herself Harry and be done with it.
    Ho hum.

And that Miranda Rights thing is bollocks - they don't have to acknowledge they've been read, they just have to be informed of them. The only thing they have to specifically state is if they're using the right to remain silent.

That's even ignoring the fact they had enough evidence to put him away even without a confession (maze of death complete with dead girl he'd been seen in public with, in his freakin' house, and that's ignoring that Deb caught him red handed to begin with). Even if the Miranda Rights were fucked up, the most they could have done would be to discount the confession obtained under interrogation, not throw out the whole case literally a day after arrest.

It was a horribly contrived situation solely done so Deb could go "YAY DEXTER IS NECESSARY AND GOOD". Which they could have done entirely based on the fact that a girl died because she wouldn't let Dexter act.

Blah blah, TV universe and all, but it's stretching credibility and logic to breaking point now.

Edited by meme at 04:17:11 22-10-2012
  • Deleted user 22 October 2012 04:33:24
    Incidentally, heavy spoilers.

And a minor one.

Edited by meme at 04:45:09 22-10-2012
  • Deleted user 22 October 2012 06:05:56
    Well I thought that was a pretty fucking great episode.
  • Scurrminator 22 Oct 2012 08:40:12 8,364 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    meme wrote:
    Incidentally, heavy spoilers.

And a minor one.
    As I said that was probably going to happen being as the last episode is callled surprise motherfucker! I just hope that he isn't alive as that would be a massive retcon - I'm hoping for video footage or something like that.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Mola_Ram 22 Oct 2012 12:25:35 6,841 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Good episode, that.

I must say, though, that Quinn certainly beats Deb in the "dumbest fucking detective ever" stakes.
  • Darren 22 Oct 2012 17:58:57 8,673 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I really enjoyed this week's Dexter although it had less in the way of surprises than the previous episodes.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• jambii267 23 Oct 2012 01:24:30 1,358 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dexter is brilliant again, YES!

NNID: Jambii267 PSN: Dr-Jambii 3DS: 0216-0806-8561

• GuiltySpark 23 Oct 2012 01:59:36 6,314 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wouldn't go that far, but it's a step up at least.

Get bent.

• Deleted user 23 October 2012 02:07:30
    I thought it was an okay standalone episode (aside from the aforementioned Miranda shit), but in the context of the overall story I thought it was shit. Considering this is supposed to be the build-up to the final season, I'd want a big dynamic change, and having Deb basically accept Dexter's dark passenger (ugh) doesn't really do it.

They're basically setting it up so that the final season will be the reopening of the Bay Harbour Butcher case, leaving Deb torn between helping Dex or helping the investigation of him. Which, y'know, is okay for a final season but I think they've banged the Deb-understands-Dexter element off early solely so they can do yet another "hunt the big bad" for this season. I'm bored to death of big pantomime villains.
  • Darren 23 Oct 2012 15:50:58 8,673 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone else worried that the writers are going to revive the cringeworthy Deb-in-love-with-Dexter sub-plot that was introduced late last season (I still say the psychiatrist put the suggestion into Deb's mind myself) and seems to have been quietly (and thankfully) forgotten about this season until this week? Episode 4 seemed to have subtle suggestions alas of the Deb-4-Dexter thing like the parallels with her blood bath scene and Rita's death and near the end when she asked Dexter if he'd killed Speltzer for her. I really hope they don't go there as it would weaken both characters IMO.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• Scimarad 23 Oct 2012 16:46:36 8,529 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I really hope they ditched that; It was just weird!
  • ISmoke 23 Oct 2012 17:04:30 533 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I must be in the minority but i kinda' want them t get together
  • RMXtreme 23 Oct 2012 21:55:50 3,145 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Didn't really see a problem with Spelzer being released; Deb couldn't identify him, it wasn't his house and he could appear to be unconscious while being read his rights. Which only leaves that he was seen talking to the victim in a bar, not that much. Now the police probably would have put him under surveillance preventing Dexter from doing his thing, but the show stopped putting those kind of obstacles in Dexter's way a while ago.
  • jambii267 24 Oct 2012 01:54:09 1,358 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Personally I like to pretend Season 6 didn't happen, like the Matrix sequels or anything after the first season of Heroes.

NNID: Jambii267 PSN: Dr-Jambii 3DS: 0216-0806-8561

• Scurrminator 24 Oct 2012 08:45:37 8,364 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I thought it was more that he said he blacked out when they were reading him his rights rather than him acknowledging that he heard them?
    They said he nodded; he said he had blacked out.
    The house with the maze in wasn't his house.
    Yes it was annoying; it would have been better had they not 'broken' him - but far less dramatic I guess.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Fydria 24 Oct 2012 09:19:34 561 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Any episode they have to visit the strip club is a good episode imo.
  • whatfruit 24 Oct 2012 12:14:05 1,233 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @anthonypappa When I saw the kill house scene I thought manhunt to, especially when Speltzer turned up in his snazzy leather Minotaur outfit.

I am quite liking the villan Victor Sirco, he is just so damn cool with his sports coat and loafers. It has made me wonder how come it has taken so long for Dexter to have a english villan, when the the english tend to be the go to bad guys for american television(I belive 24 had four villans who were educated at Oxford or Cambridge).

Quinn and his stripped seem to be inching towards death I wonder if he will get pinned by Dex for killing Victor. My stray shot on this theory is Quinn's old kyle butler hunch, although I admit this is a shot in dark.

Overall I think this episode wasn't too bad. They seem to devloping the whole acceptace/conflicted story line of Deb and Dex rather than as I feared them tossing it to the side to focus on the big bad.

Suggestion: More Victor Sirco in loafers, less "Lizard brain"
  • Darren 24 Oct 2012 13:21:57 8,673 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Didn't Miss "Pardon My Tits" count as an English villain(ess) then, whatfruit? ;)

• whatfruit 24 Oct 2012 13:40:06 1,233 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Darren She wasn't really a villan more of a femme fatale. I meant either as a big bad or someone Dexter stalks to put on his table.
  • Deleted user 24 October 2012 17:02:16
    Scurrminator wrote:
    I thought it was more that he said he blacked out when they were reading him his rights rather than him acknowledging that he heard them?
    They said he nodded; he said he had blacked out.
    Well, it's not even that per-se, Miranda Rights are solely for interviewing purposes - street cops don't even really have to read them to someone when arresting them, unless the think the detainee is going to suddenly blurt out a confession when riding to the station. They would have (not should have, but would have) been reiterated at the time of interview as well. It's literally the most basic procedure that they have to follow. Effectively, the Metro Miami PD is the most incompetent justice department in the entire world.

But even ignoring all that (after all, it's still a TV universe where people can be staggeringly incompetent day after day with no repercussions, and this sort of shit happens in basically every police drama ever), what annoyed me about it was how unneeded it was. Like I said, it was solely done so Deb would now side with Dexter, which was something that was already in place by the fact that the girl died because she wouldn't let Dexter do his own thing.

Implausibility to generate plot I can deal with. Needless implausibility to generate false tension and filler bugs the arse out of me.
  • Page

of 62 First / Last