of 299 First / Last

• THFourteen 21 Jan 2013 14:20:23 32,878 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    test
  • THFourteen 21 Jan 2013 14:23:51 32,878 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    wierd , i cant seem to post the reply i'm trying to post!
  • MetalDog 21 Jan 2013 14:34:05 23,708 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @THFourteen
    Paraphrase yourself. Links in the first instance don't work and ending on a question mark is problematic as well. Other mystery factors may be involved.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• THFourteen 21 Jan 2013 14:52:50 32,878 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Benno wrote:
    How much have your curls gone up since using that shake THF
    Heh, hard to tell, currently trying to cut fat, so post christmas had to swap exercises round and trying to only get 1800kcal a day, but also to keep a high level of protein to avoid burning muscle.

Hard to tell if its working or not, only lost a couple of pounds but i feel that i look thinner in the stomach which was the end goal.

another 3 weeks to go before i reassess. missing out on booze is the hardest, especially beer

Edited by THFourteen at 14:54:02 21-01-2013
  • Benno 21 Jan 2013 20:59:16 9,796 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah i am trying to stay below 2000kcal at the minute, but I still drink plenty of pints, I sacrifice proper food instead to reach my target!
  • THFourteen 21 Jan 2013 21:20:49 32,878 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm the opposite really, although I miss beer, I can totally do without it. Food however... I can't face not being able to eat properly!
  • fletch7100 23 Jan 2013 12:47:37 6,990 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Some good sights down the gym today, bloke wearing his wearing lift belt on the treadmill,bike,flat and incline bench. Pretty much every exercise. Also a bloke using straps on everything including bi cep curls not heavy weights 20kg on a cable machine etc.

My power clean form was all over the place today. Used to have the form nailed down, last week or so it's gone to shit
  • Zizoo 23 Jan 2013 12:49:53 8,115 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Such sensitive souls

Edited by ZizouFC at 12:50:14 23-01-2013
  • THFourteen 23 Jan 2013 13:02:35 32,878 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What's the purpose of a weightlifting belt btw?

Is it to help with form, or to carry more weight around when doing stuff like dips, where I normally have to grip weights between my feet
  • Deckard1 23 Jan 2013 13:04:43 27,226 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Back support
  • Deckard1 23 Jan 2013 13:04:44 27,226 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Back support
  • Deckard1 23 Jan 2013 13:05:10 27,226 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    BACK SUPPORT
  • sport 23 Jan 2013 13:05:37 12,576 posts
    Seen 30 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Back support?
  • fletch7100 23 Jan 2013 13:12:37 6,990 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Nah I'm not talking about dipping belts. Weightlifting belts are to help steady your midsection when used correctly during heavy lifts, primarily squats and deadlifts. Problem is people using them all the time, slowly building up the weight you lift over time strengthens your TA muscle which runs round your midsection. Doing the exercise without that belt at the lighter weights helps strengthen that muscle. Belt helps you to lift some more weight as well, if going for a very heavy weight it can help you. They are useful just don't want to use them all the time as that can make your midsection weaker
  • fletch7100 23 Jan 2013 13:15:06 6,990 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNJiHuQIbmM
  • Deckard1 23 Jan 2013 13:15:10 27,226 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That's what I said. Back support.
  • THFourteen 23 Jan 2013 13:16:20 32,878 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ah I see

It's for back support
  • sport 23 Jan 2013 13:16:51 12,576 posts
    Seen 30 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Deckard
  • Deckard1 23 Jan 2013 13:18:08 27,226 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Check out that pouch.
  • Trane 23 Jan 2013 13:48:21 4,050 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    A big plus of a belt is the ability to create intra-abdominal pressure thus giving much greater stability to your core. You need to learn to hold your breath in your stomach and push out to use the belt to it's greatest effect. This is primarily on moves like squats.

Of course, back support too ;)
  • fletch7100 23 Jan 2013 14:12:19 6,990 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Trane

Yeah it's a good bit of kit when used correctly just not in way I saw it being used today. Then again have seen a bloke wearing Ugg boots whilst doing sprint training on the treadmill so anything is possible at this gym.
  • THFourteen 23 Jan 2013 14:19:04 32,878 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Might pick one up for laughs when I finally get a home gym.

Hmmm, definitely starting to wane on the calorie counting, haven't eaten anything bad yet but can feel an "is it really worth it" mindset starting to set in.

Must be strong...
  • Trane 23 Jan 2013 14:25:27 4,050 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    fletch7100 wrote:
    @Trane

Yeah it's a good bit of kit when used correctly just not in way I saw it being used today. Then again have seen a bloke wearing Ugg boots whilst doing sprint training on the treadmill so anything is possible at this gym.
    Lol yeah, I've seen all sorts over the years. There's a guy in the gym I use right now who trains in a long sleeve shirt, chinos and clarks, tie tucked under his shirt between buttons, and always wearing these bad boys. I mean WTF? He's in his mid fifties at a guess.
  • sport 23 Jan 2013 14:25:36 12,576 posts
    Seen 30 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:

Hmmm, definitely starting to wane on the calorie counting, haven't eaten anything bad yet but can feel an "is it really worth it" mindset starting to set in.

Must be strong...
    I don't think I could permanently do it, but it really helped last year when I counted strictly for about 2-3 weeks. It just gives you an idea of what you're taking in and you can work with that in whatever program you decide on.
  • THFourteen 23 Jan 2013 14:36:15 32,878 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just trying to lose a bit of stomach flab, I can see its working as definitely feel thinner in the stomach area

It's just tough thinking about all the nice foods I can be eating for lunch, and having to eat something else instead.

I used to just eat pretty much whatever I wanted like 8-900 calories of pret sandwiches and a chocolate bar

Only now when I'm trying to keep to 1800 do i realise I was probably getting about 3-3500 calories of food a day, and a lot of it would have been useless calories like mayo, bacon fat, beer or chocolate.
  • Deckard1 23 Jan 2013 14:39:15 27,226 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Those gardening gloves a beautiful.

In other news, kickboxing wasn't on last night because of the snow but my teacher convinced me to go to a body sparring class with bunch of amateur boxers. He said it would tell them I was just starting out so they would go easy. The instant I walked in and seen the fucking knuckle scrapers I realised I'd made a terrible mistake. I can honestly say it was possibly the worst hour of my life, I got absolutely kicked to fuck. I've only sparred maybe 20 rounds in kickboxing, and I'm shit enough at that, but these fuckers were going for full power rib shots which I had no idea how to defend against properly. I wanted my mum. My sides are completely fucked today.
  • fletch7100 23 Jan 2013 14:42:21 6,990 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Trane

My favourite was the bloke with the straps. Used it on everything and I mean any weight any exercise no matter how light. When it came to do some lifting him and his mate would act as spotters with the spotter doing most of work. Standing D/bell curls were my favourite,would strap himself to the weights, his mate would stand in front and practically lift every rep for him.
  • Zomoniac 23 Jan 2013 14:45:54 7,802 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    sport wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:

Must be strong...
    I don't think I could permanently do it, but it really helped last year when I counted strictly for about 2-3 weeks. It just gives you an idea of what you're taking in and you can work with that in whatever program you decide on.
    I don't think I could *not* permanently do it now. It's become almost an extra unavoidable bodily function. Log and track everything, and look at all the pretty reports and charts.
  • heyyo 23 Jan 2013 14:46:33 14,374 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    fletch7100 wrote:
    Nah I'm not talking about dipping belts. Weightlifting belts are to help steady your midsection when used correctly during heavy lifts, primarily squats and deadlifts. Problem is people using them all the time, slowly building up the weight you lift over time strengthens your TA muscle which runs round your midsection. Doing the exercise without that belt at the lighter weights helps strengthen that muscle. Belt helps you to lift some more weight as well, if going for a very heavy weight it can help you. They are useful just don't want to use them all the time as that can make your midsection weaker
    Fitness models/bodybuilders use the belt constantly to purposely make their midsection weaker, weaker obliques = smaller waist = V shape
  • Trane 23 Jan 2013 14:50:28 4,050 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    heyyo wrote:
    fletch7100 wrote:
    Fitness models/bodybuilders use the belt constantly to purposely make their midsection weaker, weaker obliques = smaller waist = V shape
    I'm pretty sure that's balls. While I understand the desire to accentuate the V taper I cannot believe BB'ers would want to purposely have insignificant abs/obliques.
  • Page

of 299 First / Last