Wipeout HD Page 112

• Page

of 112 First / Last

Next
  • TurboBailey 6 Jan 2012 22:49:51 685 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Add me - Turbobailey

I will no dount lose. But hey Wipeout is awesome.
  • Tiberius_Gracchus 9 Jan 2012 17:28:26 168 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Add me for some eurogamer wipeout fun. PSN ID: MarrontheRed
  • Razz 7 Feb 2012 21:39:50 60,031 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Anyone fancy a few games?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• Flying_Pig 8 Feb 2012 19:54:56 10,303 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Give it a couple more weeks and those of us who've ordered WipEout 2048 will be up for a game or 2!
  • FuzzyDuck 17 Feb 2012 15:06:18 3,561 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I don't normally 'do' trophies, but i like them when they're a proper test of skill.

Currently going after the 'Zone Zeus' one - i keep crapping out at about zone 70, but it's the transition to the black and white at zone 60 that's messing it up, i can't see the track properly!
  • Razz 17 Feb 2012 15:14:03 60,031 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Lucky man, I can't race past rapier, it's too fast for my ageing brain :(

Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• FuzzyDuck 17 Feb 2012 15:37:14 3,561 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ha, i was thinking the same thing myself - i used to be able to do 5 consecutive perfect laps around Gar D'Europa in the Piranha on Phantom class in 2097.

I threw it on recently and couldn't get around the first few corners without crashing!

Beat Zico broke my heart (and almost my controller) - i finished a lap 0.01 seconds slower than what i needed to get it! 3 hours later i managed to do it. Might ignore the trophies in 2048, don't fancy chucking the Vita at a wall :eek:
  • StefJamEX 17 Feb 2012 15:39:51 92 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Really thinking about picking this up but not sure whether to get the HD game on its own or to cave in and get both the game and the Fury expansion together.

Wipeout 2097 is still my favourite. Staying up all night playing it but not having a clue how to control the damn thing. The Prodigy on the soundtrack, which is blaring through the one speaker on a crappy old portable tv with push in buttons to change the channel. Ahhh... the 90's...

XBL: StefJam
    PSN/Vita/Steam: StefJamEX

• FuzzyDuck 17 Feb 2012 16:10:39 3,561 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    StefJamEX wrote:
    Really thinking about picking this up but not sure whether to get the HD game on its own or to cave in and get both the game and the Fury expansion together.

Wipeout 2097 is still my favourite. Staying up all night playing it but not having a clue how to control the damn thing. The Prodigy on the soundtrack, which is blaring through the one speaker on a crappy old portable tv with push in buttons to change the channel. Ahhh... the 90's...
    I was gonna find a linky to some cheap physical copy of HD/Fury, but it seems to be a ridiculous price (95 quid on Amazon - WTF?!), you could probably pick it up at a local gaming shop these days for 1/9 of that price.

It's true that it doesn't handle quite as well as 2097 (still my favourite also), but it's one of the best games on the PS3, tonnes of content, still looks bloody phenomenal, and you can do what i do - play it with a custom soundtrack consisting of the Wipeout 1 and 2097 soundtracks.

\rantings of an unabashed fanboy ;)
  • SomaticSense 17 Feb 2012 16:44:35 7,063 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wip3out is my personal fave of the series, Many hours of college downtime were sepnt trying to master that game.

A return to proper custom soundtracks was fantastic for HD/Fury. MS have completely lost sight of how important this can be to some people in games like this, and really should be forcing more devs to properly integrate them rather than just going down the lazy road and allowing playback direct through the HDD. If I wanted to just play music on a loop alongside the game, then I could just stick the bloody stereo on for crissakes.

Proper integration Xbox 1 style makes all the difference, and this game is all the better for it with my custom Orbital/Ils/Hybrid/Santos/Chem Bros soundtrack.
  • FuzzyDuck 17 Feb 2012 20:42:59 3,561 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Completely agree about the custom soundtrack.

Sometimes i just bliss out to Halycon+On+on on Zone mode, good times indeed.
  • StefJamEX 18 Feb 2012 00:45:51 92 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @FuzzyDuck Thanks, fella. Much appreciated. I was looking at PSN as, like you, could only find ridiculous prices on physical copies. It seems to be a similar situation with Siren Blood Curse as well.

And your idea of using the 2097 soundtrack? Genius! :)

XBL: StefJam
    PSN/Vita/Steam: StefJamEX

• FuzzyDuck 18 Feb 2012 01:27:16 3,561 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @StefJamEX

No worries ;). The price is utterly bananas - i bought the Bluray when it launched in October 2009 for about 25. I've seen it around my local shops (not in the last couple of months, mind) for as little as 10.

Haha, cheers! I've got a compilation of the 2097 soundtrack album (which has a different tracklisting to the game), the game soundtrack itself (since it was a red book-compliant cd you can just rip the music straight from the disc!) and most of Cold Storage's original Wipeout music (which he has generously available for free download from his website). CS's stuff is probably the best of the lot too! :D

Edited by FuzzyDuck at 01:31:43 18-02-2012
  • Rens11 19 Feb 2012 17:35:21 1,258 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @FuzzyDuck

I was the same kept playing zone everytime before I went out friday night stick a chemical brothers soundtrack on got to about 73 would have done it by now if I still played :/

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• FuzzyDuck 12 Oct 2013 03:06:45 3,561 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So, a bump for one of my favourite games and it's back to what I was ranting about a year and a half ago - decided to nail the Zone Zeus trophy!

Able to reach zone 73 now and my nerves are shredded for the evening. Had to change the music at one point (there's a lot of Squarepusher on my custom soundtrack for this) as the beat patterns were all over the place nad made reading the track at the higher speeds harder than it needs to be. Having a day of gaming tomorrow, so planning to crack this.

It makes me a very, very sad panda to think this is the last home console Wipeout and the PS4 will amble along through its life without one :(

Edited by FuzzyDuck at 03:07:26 12-10-2013
  • atomicjuicer 12 Oct 2013 08:22:12 274 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yup it's a total tragedy that there won't be a ps4 wipeout.
  • steve242526 12 Oct 2013 08:52:10 132 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I bought this on PSN a couple of months ago. I got it for just under 2 with my ps+ discount. Complete bargain ! Never thought I'd get it that cheap !
  • IronGiant 12 Oct 2013 09:39:49 4,422 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's one of my top games this gen, with a custom soundtrack and the lights off its a stunning experience.. What are your top tips for music tracks to use with this??
  • FuzzyDuck 13 Oct 2013 04:30:26 3,561 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @IronGiant

I usually have a good mix of genres for arcade racers, but for Wipeout, nothic except electronic stuff really fits the asthetic or heritage

The first two Orbital albums are essential for it, also Aphex Twin's ambient works (great for Zone Mode), I've a good bit of Squarepusher on there too, with a few albums by F.S.O.L./Amorphous Androgynous, Tangerine Dream and μ-Ziq. That's all mixed in with random 90s commercial dance, all of Cold Storage's Wipeout stuff (which he has up for free on his website, think I linked it a few pages back), the Wipeout 2097 OST album, and red-book rips of 2097, Wip3out and Rollcage Stage 2.

Want to go Zone Mode-ing it now, but the eyes will fall out of my head if I do!
  • Page

of 112 First / Last

Next