RSV

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • deathdealer619 1 Jul 2007 20:06:28 751 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Was playing Rainbow six Vegas at work yesterday and the quality of the picture was terrible!
    Very very murky and lacking clarity compared to the xbox 360 version.

The tv is a Hd 1080p Toshiba tv with HDMI all conected to the ps3 at work.

Has anyone else noticed the terrible quality visuals of the ps3 version..

The machine at work has never been updated but I can not see it being down to that, any response would be greatly appreciated as I was deff thinking about getting this version on the Ps3, but now I am not so sure.

• Xerx3s 1 Jul 2007 20:11:30 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Don't games automatically update the machine anyway with the latest firmware at the time of print?
  • DanB24 1 Jul 2007 20:44:47 1,886 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Change the display settings on your PS3 to make in display in 720p and it looks much much better.
    For some ungodly reason they've designed that game to run by default in 1080i and it makes it look bloody awful. Quite why they even made the game upscale itself to 1080i when it makes it look so bad is anybody's guess.

And another good question is why does it look so bad? I've played several other games in 1080i and I've not noticed any real difference from 720p.
  • ecureuil 1 Jul 2007 20:47:22 76,726 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    How does it look on a CRT?
  • gareth886 2 Jul 2007 10:16:36 2,841 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It only seems to be a problem with rainbow six vegas. When I first played it I was playing it in 1080i and it was all blurry and looked rank. I googled the problem and discovered that it is an upscaling issue the game has. I adjusted my PS3 settings to 720p and it looked much better. Kinda sucks though cause I like playing Resistance in 1080i which means re-adjusting the PS3 settings.

On a side note, has anyone played rainbow six online then switched to play resitance online? Its crazy. The difference in the speed of play between the 2 games is mental. Both games are great online though. I like the way you have to put some thought into RSV and R:FOM is all out kamikaze blasting.
  • deathdealer619 2 Jul 2007 10:26:13 751 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DanB24 wrote:
    Change the display settings on your PS3 to make in display in 720p and it looks much much better.
    For some ungodly reason they've designed that game to run by default in 1080i and it makes it look bloody awful. Quite why they even made the game upscale itself to 1080i when it makes it look so bad is anybody's guess.

And another good question is why does it look so bad? I've played several other games in 1080i and I've not noticed any real difference from 720p.

So setting it on 720p looks as good as the 360 version?
  • woodnotes 2 Jul 2007 10:51:34 4,923 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    deathdealer619 wrote:
    DanB24 wrote:

No it doesn't. I got the PS3 version because of the extra content, only to find the extra content is now free to download from XBL anyway, so I've taken it back to the shop and got the 360 version again pre-owned.

But from my experience with it, it's really very poor. The frame-rate is way below 30 in the outdoor sections, and the textures aren't as crisp, the lighting is lacking aswell (less bloom - although that could be a good thing for some). And in 1080i, it looks dreadful as described above.

If you have both a 360/ps3, get the 360 version, and download the free content from XBL.
  • tiddles 2 Jul 2007 11:23:38 3,555 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    How does it look on a CRT?

Looks fine to me - menus are blurrier, but the game itself is comparable to the 360 version. Framerate seems better in SD too.
  • deathdealer619 2 Jul 2007 11:31:44 751 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    woodnotes wrote:
    deathdealer619 wrote:
    DanB24 wrote:

No it doesn't. I got the PS3 version because of the extra content, only to find the extra content is now free to download from XBL anyway, so I've taken it back to the shop and got the 360 version again pre-owned.

But from my experience with it, it's really very poor. The frame-rate is way below 30 in the outdoor sections, and the textures aren't as crisp, the lighting is lacking aswell (less bloom - although that could be a good thing for some). And in 1080i, it looks dreadful as described above.

If you have both a 360/ps3, get the 360 version, and download the free content from XBL.

ill get the 360 one, then thanks man.
  • KayJay 2 Jul 2007 11:48:37 5,287 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Did you try and downscale to 720p, It should look much better...

Edit: As advised 10 posts ago! (Just for you Woody!)

Edited by kj66246 at 11:57:29 02-07-2007
  • woodnotes 2 Jul 2007 11:53:54 4,923 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kj66246 wrote:
    Did you try and downscale to 720p, It should look much better...

Welcome to 10 posts ago.
  • KayJay 2 Jul 2007 11:55:54 5,287 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I saw that post woody! He didnt say that he tried that yet!

• Retroid Moderator 2 Jul 2007 12:30:13 44,512 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    disc wrote:
    May be they use the horisontal scaler for 1080i/p. Makes it blurry.
    "Amstrad CPC mode"?
  • DanB24 2 Jul 2007 23:18:19 1,886 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    deathdealer619 wrote:
    DanB24 wrote:

I've played them both side by side and I thought that the PS3 version looked more detailed than the 360 version.
  • deepmenace 2 Jul 2007 23:49:16 420 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    wicked game, looks ok in 720p but for me the outdoor frame rate is completely inexcusable.

feels like that time you thought you'd risk buying the latest 1st person shooter for your pc even tho the required specs were *slightly* too high.

bad plan...
  • uiruki 3 Jul 2007 00:00:18 3,682 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    disc wrote:
    The thing is, the PS3 should be better at handling high polygon landscapes because it can spend more CPU time processing the landscape to cull thing outside of the view and so on.

That's making the assumption that the people making the game can be arsed to play towards the system's strengths.
  • Aretak 3 Jul 2007 00:01:49 10,351 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    uiruki wrote:
    disc wrote:
    The thing is, the PS3 should be better at handling high polygon landscapes because it can spend more CPU time processing the landscape to cull thing outside of the view and so on.
    That's making the assumption that the people making the game can be arsed to play towards the system's strengths.
    And this is an Ubisoft game. So that'd be "no".
  • uiruki 3 Jul 2007 00:07:26 3,682 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Aretak wrote:
    uiruki wrote:
    disc wrote:

They sure do love charging more than anyone else for them though; my local indie retailer on PS3 release had Sony games for 30, and most 3rd party games for 40, except ubi titles at 44. That tells you how much of a bunch of money grubbers they are.
  • DanB24 5 Jul 2007 18:00:03 1,886 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    uiruki wrote:
    Aretak wrote:
    uiruki wrote:
    disc wrote:

They sure do love charging more than anyone else for them though; my local indie retailer on PS3 release had Sony games for 30, and most 3rd party games for 40, except ubi titles at 44. That tells you how much of a bunch of money grubbers they are.
    Sounds like they're almost as bad as Electronic Arts.
  • SeesThroughAll 5 Jul 2007 18:07:27 1,689 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    gareth886 wrote:
    It only seems to be a problem with rainbow six vegas. When I first played it I was playing it in 1080i and it was all blurry and looked rank. I googled the problem and discovered that it is an upscaling issue the game has. I adjusted my PS3 settings to 720p and it looked much better. Kinda sucks though cause I like playing Resistance in 1080i which means re-adjusting the PS3 settings.

On a side note, has anyone played rainbow six online then switched to play resitance online? Its crazy. The difference in the speed of play between the 2 games is mental. Both games are great online though. I like the way you have to put some thought into RSV and R:FOM is all out kamikaze blasting.

Get with the program, man! You should be blaming it on the PS3!
  • Deleted user 25 November 2010 10:48:57
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 25 November 2010 10:48:57
    Post deleted
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next