Dutch site

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • GWX 22 Jun 2007 23:58:19 6 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dear Eurogamers,

I like Eurogamer.net, I read the reviews and the news on a regular basis. It's not a real issue for me having to read texts in English, but reading Dutch is still easier for me. So, here's my question, will there be a Dutch Eurogamer division anytime soon?

Since there are French and German sites, and Eurogamer.nl is registrered and owned by Eurogamer.net, I think it is not an unrealistic option.
  • morriss 22 Jun 2007 23:58:56 70,911 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I reckon so, yeah.
  • morriss 22 Jun 2007 23:59:46 70,911 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Depends on the size of the gaming market in Holland, too. It has to be profitable.
  • GWX 23 Jun 2007 00:01:50 6 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    Depends on the size of the gaming market in Holland, too. It has to be profitable.

It's quite big, I think. The internet community in the Netherlands is huge, despite it's small size (I once read somewhere the Netherlands was one of the countries with relatively the most Internet users), and gaming is very popular.
  • morriss 23 Jun 2007 00:04:38 70,911 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    GWX wrote:
    morriss wrote:

It's quite big, I think. The internet community in the Netherlands is huge, despite it's small size (I once read somewhere the Netherlands was one of the countries with relatively the most Internet users), and gaming is very popular.

Also it would have to compete with other established, popular site and effectively take their user base. It's a big move, but with if the research is done I reckon rauper wouldn't turn it down. Expansion is good.
  • Xerx3s 23 Jun 2007 00:39:09 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    A dutch site would only turn into a spawning ground of lefty tree hugging evil anyway.
  • GWX 23 Jun 2007 00:42:27 6 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Xerx3s wrote:
    A dutch site would only turn into a spawning ground of lefty tree hugging evil anyway.

Funny :\ And all Brittish eat fish & chips all day, and talk like the queen.

No, seriously, a Dutch site would be goood.

Edited by GWX at 00:43:00 23-06-2007
  • heyyo 23 Jun 2007 00:43:45 14,374 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    GWX wrote:
    Xerx3s wrote:

Funny :\ And all Brittish eat fish & chips all day, and talk like the queen.

No, seriously, a Dutch site would be goood.

Edited by GWX at 00:43:00 23-06-2007

Not in East London.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next