Random rants that don't warrant their own threads Page 257

• Page

of 313 First / Last

• ronuds 19 Apr 2013 14:21:10 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm not the type to tell people to fuck off.

I've also watched too many investigative shows.
  • Mageme 24 Apr 2013 08:54:28 2,047 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Driving past the nursery school this morning and I see a bunch of wealthy chav mums with their expensive Range Rovers/BMWs parked up all one side of the road, their kids running around on the kerbside. The mums are chatting away to each other, not paying attention to any of the kids and smoking to boot in front of the school gates. If you're going to have a kid, at least take a little interest in them and their health and don't f*ckin puff smoke in their faces... not to mention the other kids on the way to nursery. Geez... am I being unreasonable?

3DS: 5086-1465-9252

• Deleted user 24 April 2013 08:57:46
    Something I really hate is when people keep bothering me even though I've told them to leave me alone. An example is that I had to tell two different people to fuck off in Peckham on Friday, even though I was having a really good day :D
  • pacrifice 25 Apr 2013 18:31:59 1,174 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fucking stupid ICO they had to go and change the waterfall puzzle so now I've been standing on this piston for 30 mins tryna get the jump *just* right so I'll go high enough and grab the ledge...... fucking bastards.
  • Megapocalypse 26 Apr 2013 11:20:57 5,515 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    How difficult can it be to make trains go forward on time? Going to be late for the cinema now. Hopefully enough trailers /adverts so I don't miss anything. :(
  • senso-ji 27 Apr 2013 16:45:15 6,042 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So, the Japanese teacher at my local college offering part time language courses to adults is being made redundant, along with ten (!!!) other foreign language tutors, due to government cuts.

Adult learning programs are hard to come by as it is, but cutting the useful ones?! Because English is guaranteed to be fluently spoken anywhere in the world, right? 'Big Society', my arse; if you can't be bothered to invest a little money (the college's shortfall is 69,000) in educating your populous, then don't fucking whinge about the problems that will permeate it as a result these stupid decisions. And even if cuts are necessary, don't pull the plug in one academic fucking year, denying the opportunity for these institutions to strategise and plan a way to deal with the issue in a timely and coordinated fashion.

Utter, utter cunts; fuck this government and their policies.
  • Deleted user 27 April 2013 18:05:24
    Im an adult tutor part time (not language) employed by the council and the amount of Bullshit courses they run at the expense of proper useful ones such as languages is unreal.
  • skuzzbag 27 Apr 2013 18:40:44 5,730 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Councils and the wider government will fuck you up the arse every time.

EVERY TIME.
  • Darth_Flibble 5 May 2013 19:08:23 1,778 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I really hate the twats on sites like trip advisor who spout moronic obvious advice when someone asks about safety advice. its shit like:
    "don't drink 25 beers and stagger home shouting at people" "don't flash hundreds of pounds or wear a rolex in a poor country" Not shit, really? what are you not fixing the world problems with such obvious advice

The worst bit is they so smug and arogant
  • RyanDS 6 May 2013 21:15:59 9,839 posts
    Seen 7 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hy iPad and my Galaxy Note 10 both have screens that are higher resolution and larger than the PC monitors I had for years, and they both are fairly heft machines.

So why the fuck are they so fucking shit for web browsing?

Every fucking web site either spams you with pop ups "Did you you we have a shitty app that will offer you 20% of the normally functionality of the site and we will annoy you every single fucking time you visit with exhortations to download it!!!!!"

Or even worse are the sites that autonatically redirect you to the shitty version, at least EG and BBC offer you a choice, but stuff like facebook doesn't even offer that.

And yes, I know most browsers have desktop settings, but even with those turned on I find it very hit and miss.
  • Load_2.0 16 May 2013 09:42:21 19,670 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    "Can you move down please?"

No. Fuck off you twit, we are not all crammed around the door frame for a jolly jape. How about you take your huffy school teacher voice on to the next train, which is less than 1 minute behind you, you fucking knob. Or better yet get up 15 minutes early and you can avoid having to face such an obviously traumatising process.

Bus foot tapping.

This seems to be solely the preserve of 30+ white, suited business men. Hey guess what foot drum? Your fucking foot tapping is carrying the whole way down the carriage/upper floor of the bus. Whether you are getting down to The Lighthouse Family or simply planning a wank rythym for later in the day, it is horribly annoying and every other passenger is fantasising about how they can murder you.
  • DFawkes 16 May 2013 09:53:34 24,050 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Your public transport related rants are always a good read, Load :)

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• kinky_mong 16 May 2013 10:10:45 10,866 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:

No. Fuck off you twit, we are not all crammed around the door frame for a jolly jape. How about you take your huffy school teacher voice on to the next train, which is less than 1 minute behind you, you fucking knob. Or better yet get up 15 minutes early and you can avoid having to face such an obviously traumatising process.
    Gonig to have to disagree with you there, there is very little more annoying than seeing a tube carriage where everyone is crowded around the door space because some oblivious pillock won't move down or make way for people to stand in the empty space around the seats. One of my biggest annoyances of using public transport.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Salaman 16 May 2013 12:16:43 19,602 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:

Must be one of the rare times then. Almost anytime everyone is crowded near the doors it's because they just stepped on and stopped there.
    If your stood outside waiting to get on and see space for about 20 people in the aisles between the two entrances, it's a bit annoying to say the least.
  • Rusty_M 16 May 2013 12:58:31 4,922 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bought a bed and the notes said that a delivery slot would be confirmed in advance. Today they confirmed that the delivery would be between 7 and 7 tomorrow, so I have to try to take a day's holiday at next to no notice, meaning I'm going to have to contact a colleague at home to make sure my shift is covered.

Cunts! 12 hours isn't a delivery slot, its a whole bloody day. I won't even be able to play games with headphones on as I won't hear the door buzzer if I do.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.
    http://www.twitch.tv/rusty_the_robot
    http://twitter.com/Rusty_The_Robot

• Load_2.0 16 May 2013 13:01:07 19,670 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The correct thing to do is uncomfortably force your way in to the train, apologising as you do so and then stand and seethe for the rest of the journey.
  • Rusty_M 17 May 2013 19:20:32 4,922 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So after taking a day's holiday to allow someone to deliver a be between 7 and 7, dismantling the old bed to make space, discovering the new inflatable mattress has a slow puncture and waiting in all day doing only very quiet activities to ensure I could hear the door buzzer, we have no bed.

To make things worse, we're dog-sitting for my parents this weekend, so my sister-in-law is dog-sitting for us in our flat. It now looks like we might have made her spend the weekend without a bed.

NOT HAPPY!

• skuzzbag 17 May 2013 19:38:57 5,730 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Why can't your sister-in-law dog-sit for your parents leaving you free to do whatever it is that bed-less people do?
  • Rusty_M 17 May 2013 20:16:46 4,922 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hmm. Didn't think of that. I wish I had ranted sooner, then that might have been a possibility.

• Blotto 17 May 2013 22:02:07 2,777 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm sorry, I know this is a safe place for you to vent your anger. But did you genuinely not think of that at any point whilst making this plan?

I mean, there must be more to it right?

Edited by Blotto at 22:02:34 17-05-2013
  • Rusty_M 18 May 2013 00:08:46 4,922 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    it's just the way we've usually done things if my parents need a dog-sitter. My wife and I have been full of the cold and Ive been a bit stressed in general this week and it increasingly seems I've not been at my brightest.

I'm still allowed to be pissed off that I spent all day in waiting for a bed which didn't arrive, right?

• Psychotext 18 May 2013 00:16:07 55,032 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah. Be sure to headbutt the fucker when he finally delivers it.
  • mal 21 May 2013 01:14:58 22,830 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Fucking virgin media. Traffic to eg lost in the increasing mess that is your network yet again.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• DrStrangelove 21 May 2013 01:31:44 4,650 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Car drivers in front of you slower than bicyclists, and as soon as you start overtaking, they hit the gas. Antisocial fucks need their noses broken.
  • DrStrangelove 21 May 2013 02:33:50 4,650 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    And game devs applying cinematic loudness levels. Turning down the volume to 20%, with the exception of a few dramatic effects/music scores at full volume.

So I have to turn up the volume to 11, and then at certain points of the game the speakers explode and all the dogs in the neighbourhood go crazy.

Not everyone is playing their games in a cinema, so give me the fucking choice to disable that crap you stupid arseholes.
  • henro_ben 21 May 2013 10:56:24 2,244 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    On the way back from making a coffee my boss stopped me and said that the new iPad, that I've been after for ages for testing, had finally arrived and was on my desk.

So off I went and found a childs Fisher Price 'Magna Doodle' sitting there with a picture of an apple drawn on it.

Bastards!
  • Salaman 21 May 2013 11:10:53 19,602 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    henro_ben wrote:
    On the way back from making a coffee my boss stopped me and said that the new iPad, that I've been after for ages for testing, had finally arrived and was on my desk.

So off I went and found a childs Fisher Price 'Magna Doodle' sitting there with a picture of an apple drawn on it.

Bastards!
    That's quite good actually. =)
  • b0rk 22 May 2013 16:19:15 2,942 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm so sick and tired of colour grading being misused in movies. It looks shit, it looks completely not like reality, it takes me out of the scene because I'm busy getting annoyed by how FUCKING YELLOW everything is. Real life isn't yellow all the fucking time.

Zodiac is one motherfucking yellow film but not quite as yellow as Side Effects (which is otherwise excellent). Please stop making everything look insipid, not real and...yellow. Or blue. Or fucking beige.
  • Dave_McCoy 26 May 2013 15:26:30 2,807 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bah, some tosser has scuffed my car! How can you not understand where your car is? Plus the fact you must know you've done it and just shrugged and gone 'oh well'. I wouldn't mind so much if they'd just acknowledged they'd messed up and apologised.
  • Page

of 313 First / Last