Random rants that don't warrant their own threads Page 253

• Page

of 305 First / Last

• sport 20 Mar 2013 12:04:19 12,775 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    my missus of 5 years broke up and it sucked the big hairy one
    Shit, when he's not breaking threads, he's breaking relationships!!! Fuck that guy!!
  • Ziz0u 20 Mar 2013 12:10:56 8,490 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    :D
  • L_Franko Moderator 20 Mar 2013 12:13:31 9,694 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Heh!
  • Salaman 20 Mar 2013 12:26:21 19,261 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You haven't 'wasted' any of your life. Your life isn't a utilitarian thing that needs to produce something (i.e. a happy enduring relationship).
    It's a journey. You've shared a stretch of it with your girlfriend. You probably don't think you changed all that much between 18 and now but you have changed massively in the last 7 years and your relationship helped shape who you are now.
    If it's run its course, it's run its course. It'll become a happy memory of a good few years spent with someone dear to you which unfortunately didn't carry on past your 25th year. Those 7 years are in no way wasted or lost to you. You had them, you experienced them, you enjoyed them and they in part made you who you are now.

Now at 25, newly single. Go out and have some fun. Give yourself a bit of time to get over the breakup and let the heartache subside and then go out and enjoy yourself.
  • Ziz0u 20 Mar 2013 12:54:15 8,490 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I know this is all true, and I will come to terms with it eventually.

Her clothing is out of my flat and she will be back for the rest of her stuff in 3 weeks when her mom is back.
  • THFourteen 21 Mar 2013 16:51:25 33,833 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FUCKING HELL

someone just sent me a meeting invite for 5pm at 4.50

FUCK OFF
  • mrpon 21 Mar 2013 16:54:07 29,184 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Delete email signature and send email with standard out of office reply text.

Have a cuppa.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Deleted user 21 March 2013 16:54:55
    Mark email as unread, pretend you didn't see it.
  • THFourteen 21 Mar 2013 17:02:08 33,833 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    i've settled on dial in say "hey i'm on" and then hang up before they start the meeting.

they'll just assume i've been called away from my desk if anything comes up
  • thelzdking 21 Mar 2013 20:49:49 4,369 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    No I do not want to pay 70 for a crappy second hand boxset. Why the fucking fuck can't DVDs stay in print? It's not like they're fucking records.
  • Deleted user 26 March 2013 08:21:19
    Arriva Trains Wales are a shower of useless bastards who couldn't manage a model train set, let alone a cross-country line.
  • pacrifice 28 Mar 2013 17:07:57 1,091 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Telephone interview and she asked first why I left my last employer? Told her what happened, that it got deemed a conduct issue and it was dismissal. Her tone changed slightly and asked if they'd be able to get references so I explained that they could and my last employer will confirm dates of employment, dismissal (which is what they do anyway), she got pissed off! (It reads like maybe I came across as being complacent, but I'm not, trust me, shit's like a dark cloud and it's not getting any lighter).

WTF, that's two interviews where the interviewers seem to take my dismissal personally... Maybe it's the only time they can only truly give shit to someone, arise on their pedestal, piss all over and they know they're being lawful.
  • ronuds 28 Mar 2013 18:12:30 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nobody wants a "problem" employee.
  • Rusty_M 29 Mar 2013 11:30:55 4,763 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Got a new xbox yesterday to replace the Elite I bought in January 2008. Went across town to get a transfer cable, as the Argos I bought the console from didn't have them in stock. Connect it all up. No info on my old HDD. Looks like the dying xbox either took the HDD, or the information with it to the grave :(

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• Salaman 29 Mar 2013 12:39:04 19,261 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    pacrifice wrote:
    Telephone interview and she asked first why I left my last employer? Told her what happened, that it got deemed a conduct issue and it was dismissal. Her tone changed slightly and asked if they'd be able to get references so I explained that they could and my last employer will confirm dates of employment, dismissal (which is what they do anyway), she got pissed off! (It reads like maybe I came across as being complacent, but I'm not, trust me, shit's like a dark cloud and it's not getting any lighter).

WTF, that's two interviews where the interviewers seem to take my dismissal personally... Maybe it's the only time they can only truly give shit to someone, arise on their pedestal, piss all over and they know they're being lawful.
    You mean you told her that you asked your friend to sign you in?
    If you did ... wasn't there a whole thread with people advising you not to do that? For future reference, I'd tell them you were dismissed as you fell foul of the very strict policy they had on attendance and clocking in. Then explain that the grounds for dismissal was being late twice in a three month period. Go into how you accept that tardiness is unacceptable and are in fact quite punctual yourself (as demonstrated by the fact that you were able to keep a job there for X time) but perhaps some leeway needs to be allowed for. Commuting to work with public transport means you will inevitably be late at some point, despite your best efforts to avoid it and plan in possible delays.

Once they hear you were actually 2 minutes late, I'm sure they'll agree your last job was quite strict and it's more to do with the strict policy than an inherit laziness/carelessness on your part and move on to the next topic.

Give that pre-practised spiel and move on. Possibly by asking them what sort of time regiment they have and what their policy is. The sooner you can move on from it the better. If you start banging on and on it may seem more suspicious?
  • pacrifice 29 Mar 2013 13:08:40 1,091 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Salaman Alright, that's some good advice, I appreciate it.
  • danathjo 2 Apr 2013 20:21:24 7,428 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    fuck transport in this country
    all of it
    I fucking hate hate hate

and fuck orange for not letting me send this earlier
    hate them too, counts
  • danathjo 2 Apr 2013 20:22:50 7,428 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    cunts!

fuck predictive text
  • Psychotext 3 Apr 2013 00:06:08 54,391 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I love to cunt!

One, ah ah ah...
  • Agent_Llama 4 Apr 2013 14:38:37 3,364 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What is actually wrong with people? Ambling down Folkestone high street. Two blokes a few paces behind, one carrying a telly or something in a box, the other pushing a pushchair. Pushchair nudges my right heel. Maybe he'll say excuse me or slow down, or go round me. No. Into the back of my heel again. Starts ranting to his friend. I divert into Waterstones. He's still ranting.

Wtf? I didn't realise you had sole right of way. Nor that manners had died out so completely. And who walks away feeling guilty? Me.

Tossers.

3DS: Mooky - 2019-9643-8311
    NNid: Agent_Llama
    Vita/PS3/360: Faloola
    FFXIV ARR: Alekzander Lockhart, Odin

• Psychotext 4 Apr 2013 14:44:57 54,391 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Modern etiquette guides state that you should have glassed him in those circumstances, then thrown the pushchair under a bus.
  • Agent_Llama 4 Apr 2013 14:52:31 3,364 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Modern etiquette guides state that you should have glassed him in those circumstances, then thrown the pushchair under a bus.
    So that's where I've been going wrong all this time. Thanks for the heads-up.

• L_Franko Moderator 4 Apr 2013 15:02:26 9,694 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    /waits for a disturbing news headline.
  • Deleted user 4 April 2013 15:10:01
    I almost got run over by a cyclist earlier after he went through a red light. I called him a fucking prick and he went to stop, looked behind him at me then got back to the pedalling.

God I hate those bastards so much.
  • nickthegun 4 Apr 2013 15:12:40 60,439 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They are a nightmare around here. They shout at you and/or sigh theatrically if you are in the wrong lane on the pavement.

I really should ride to work but I dont really want to be a bike wanker.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• MrDigital 4 Apr 2013 15:15:59 1,866 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've seen an upsurge of cyclists on the pavement where I live recently, even when there is a free cycle lane immediately beside them on the road. Apart from being incredibly irritating, it's also confusing as it's not your overaged-chav type, it's the type who look like they are on their way to work, are wearing a helmet, have the yellow jacket etc.

Edited by MrDigital at 15:20:30 04-04-2013

Formerly TheStylishHobo and Geesh.

• Deleted user 4 April 2013 15:18:47
    Heh, in a desperate attempt to not be a bike wanker I'm a bit too passive and accomodating when I cycle to work. Pull over to let people pass if I'm too slow compared to current traffic, avoid steep hills if busy traffic as I don't want to be that guy. Although I will admit that most of that is a result of being fucking unfit and wanting an excuse to stop.

Edited by mowgli at 15:19:19 04-04-2013
  • Agent_Llama 4 Apr 2013 15:19:50 3,364 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Boab wrote:
    I almost got run over by a cyclist earlier after he went through a red light. I called him a fucking prick and he went to stop, looked behind him at me then got back to the pedalling.

God I hate those bastards so much.
    Do NOT get me started on cyclists.

• Deckard1 4 Apr 2013 15:24:12 28,709 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I was looking for a picture of a fat guy on a bicycle (sorry mowgli) but I found this and couldn't stop laughing at it, so I thought I'd share it with the group.

• cubbymoore 4 Apr 2013 15:31:07 36,501 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That guy is on the hunt for the mythical all you can eat buffet in the desert.
  • Page

of 305 First / Last