Jade Raymond Page 3

  • Page

    of 5 First / Last

  • UncleLou Moderator 16 Jun 2007 23:16:18 35,517 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    SeesThroughAll wrote:
    Gremmi wrote:
    SeesThroughAll wrote:
    Now, I'm pretty sure that this is not the case for her, because from her interviews you can tell she knows what she's talking about, and that she probably really enjoys this kind of work, but I've seen many, many times women using their looks for career advantage. I'd would say pretty women enjoy positive discrimination VERY often.

    I'd argue that in this instance it's Ubisoft using her looks to generate interest.

    I agree, I get that impression too. But the game itself looks damn impressive as it is. Ubisoft shouldn't need such cheap marketing.

    That sounds pretty derogatory.

    She's doing her job. It's not like she's posing in a bikini in the background.





  • SeesThroughAll 16 Jun 2007 23:20:05 1,689 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yes, I was wrong thinking that, as Derlington already refuted.
    It's not to be taken offensively, it's just the wrong impression that the gaming press passes on when she is given a bit of special attention.
  • otto Moderator 16 Jun 2007 23:27:04 49,314 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Why is everyone assuming that this lady is being used as some kind of marketing ploy? Attractive women do exist in the real world of work, you know. If games journalists are putting photos of her up along with their articles, well that says more about the journalists then Jade Raymond, surely? Like UncleLou says, she's just doing her job.

    say no to Eurogamer sigs

  • Furbs 16 Jun 2007 23:28:42 45,699 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    She's doing her job. It's not like she's posing in a bikini in the background.
    Yeah, they'd never do that.
  • [menace] 16 Jun 2007 23:29:18 2,415 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    SeesThroughAll

    If you really do see through all... what colour is her underwear?

    /she's here with me so I already know the answer obviously..



    Edited by [menace] at 23:29:58 16-06-2007
  • Derblington 16 Jun 2007 23:30:12 21,506 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Furbs wrote:
    Yeah, they'd never do that.
    LOL @ the Paint spraycan hairjob
  • NewYork 16 Jun 2007 23:31:10 24,835 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Furbs wrote:
    UncleLou wrote:
    She's doing her job. It's not like she's posing in a bikini in the background.
    Yeah, they'd never do that.
    She's very good at that smile, I must say.
  • SeesThroughAll 16 Jun 2007 23:31:39 1,689 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    LOL Nice pictures collection you've got there Furbs :p

    If I had such an x-ray vision, do you think I'd stop at the underwear? ;)
  • [menace] 16 Jun 2007 23:32:50 2,415 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The answer is of course that she doesn't wear anything..
  • NewYork 16 Jun 2007 23:33:25 24,835 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    He sees through all. He can't stop.
  • Snuffb0t 16 Jun 2007 23:35:09 506 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Gremmi wrote:
    SeesThroughAll wrote:
    lol

    I'm surprised nobody showed up here calling you lot "stereotypical gamers" yet.

    Fixed.

    Edited by Gremmi at 22:10:33 16-06-2007

    double fixed

    edit: don't look Gremmi. It implies that Dana Scully is the same person as Gillian Anderson

    Edited by Snuffb0t at 23:36:09 16-06-2007
  • otto Moderator 16 Jun 2007 23:35:54 49,314 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    This has always bothered me. If you have x-ray vision and can see through everything, surely all you'd ever see is this?

    say no to Eurogamer sigs

  • Deleted user 16 June 2007 23:37:19
    Snuffb0t wrote:
    It implies that Dana Scully is the same person as Gillian Anderson

    wtf
  • SeesThroughAll 16 Jun 2007 23:39:46 1,689 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    otto wrote:
    This has always bothered me. If you have x-ray vision and can see through everything, surely all you'd ever see is this?

    This is me.
  • heyyo 16 Jun 2007 23:40:43 14,373 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    otto wrote:
    This has always bothered me. If you have x-ray vision and can see through everything, surely all you'd ever see is this?

    Or bones.
  • Deleted user 16 June 2007 23:41:32
    heyyo! wrote:
    otto wrote:
    This has always bothered me. If you have x-ray vision and can see through everything, surely all you'd ever see is this?

    Or bones.

    But DeForest Kelley's been dead for a while now.
  • Retroid Moderator 16 Jun 2007 23:43:47 44,512 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    SeesThroughAll wrote:
    This is me.
    You should get some cream for that. Looks sore.
  • SeesThroughAll 16 Jun 2007 23:45:23 1,689 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I know, it burns like hell.
  • ilmaestro 17 Jun 2007 00:35:32 32,407 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    ilmaestro wrote:
    If I start buying Ubisoft games will she come round to my house?
    Nope, tried that :(
    Oh well, there goes the nail in the coffin of any future Ubi sales. edit: to me, obviously. Some of you crazy kids will probably still be buying them.

    Edited by ilmaestro at 00:36:17 17-06-2007

    4235

  • ilmaestro 17 Jun 2007 00:38:24 32,407 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    GrandpaUlrira wrote:
    I must admit though, joking aside, it is a shame that she can't do her job without people remarking how good looking she is.
    Wait a second, hold the phone - her job isn't just standing around looking good?

    4235

  • Freek 17 Jun 2007 00:45:18 7,687 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    otto wrote:
    Why is everyone assuming that this lady is being used as some kind of marketing ploy? Attractive women do exist in the real world of work, you know. If games journalists are putting photos of her up along with their articles, well that says more about the journalists then Jade Raymond, surely? Like UncleLou says, she's just doing her job.

    We are talking about Ubisoft here, a company who putt toghether a clan of girls just to show them off to the press.

    "Look here's some girls, with a controler, girl gamers, who are also girls, did we mention they are sexy young girls, playing our games?"

    Edited by Freek at 00:45:43 17-06-2007
  • GrandpaUlrira 17 Jun 2007 01:23:47 3,753 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ilmaestro wrote:
    GrandpaUlrira wrote:
    I must admit though, joking aside, it is a shame that she can't do her job without people remarking how good looking she is.
    Wait a second, hold the phone - her job isn't just standing around looking good?

    I'm assuming/hoping you're being sarcastic (but it's harder to tell on teh nets), but that first line without the second one (the cheap joke, deliberately self-deprecating) does tend to skew what I was saying a little :D

    It does have to be said that I really haven't seen this level of interest in many producers, unless they're around Miyamoto's power levels, but it's hard to tell if that's down to Ubisoft or not, and not many of them become TV presenters. I can't imagine all this fuss helps make the industry less male-dominated though. I agree with what otto says in the main, that it more reflects badly on journalists and us, and not knowing who she was before the EG article I have to say they're partly to blame too :(

    It wasn't my fault, they made me do it... and yes, I would follow EG off a cliff.
  • absolutezero 17 Jun 2007 01:29:34 7,956 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Snuffb0t wrote:
    Gremmi wrote:
    SeesThroughAll wrote:
    lol

    I'm surprised nobody showed up here calling you lot "stereotypical gamers" yet.

    Fixed.

    Edited by Gremmi at 22:10:33 16-06-2007

    double fixed

    edit: don't look Gremmi. It implies that Dana Scully is the same person as Gillian Anderson

    Edited by Snuffb0t at 23:36:09 16-06-2007

    14. Aleks Krotoski & Emily Newton Dunn

    AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • Snuffb0t 17 Jun 2007 01:33:17 506 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    is that a vinegar strokes '
    AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH' or a my eyes are melting '
    AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH'?
  • absolutezero 17 Jun 2007 01:58:30 7,956 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Little of A little of B
  • Kill_Crazy 17 Jun 2007 07:47:28 2,308 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Load "$" wrote:
    There is only one obvious solution.

    A Eurogamer battle to the death using traditional Vulcan weapons, a la episode 30 of Star Trek -Amok Time.

    With that distinctive music being piped through the speakers at the Herne Hill velodrome and everyone armed with a replica Vulcan lirpa, how could she not be overcome with passion for the victor!?!

    Exactly the reason she won't be interested in you. You'd do better if you pretended to be mute.
  • Load_2.0 17 Jun 2007 10:24:35 19,157 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Kill_Crazy wrote:
    Load "$" wrote:
    There is only one obvious solution.

    A Eurogamer battle to the death using traditional Vulcan weapons, a la episode 30 of Star Trek -Amok Time.

    With that distinctive music being piped through the speakers at the Herne Hill velodrome and everyone armed with a replica Vulcan lirpa, how could she not be overcome with passion for the victor!?!

    Exactly the reason she won't be interested in you. You'd do better if you pretended to be mute.

    Thats where your wrong! Star Trek gets me crazy pussy!
  • morriss 17 Jun 2007 10:30:37 70,947 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    NewYork wrote:
    You are the sunshine of my life
    That's why I'll always be around,
    You are the apple of my eye,
    Forever you'll stay in my heart


    /sigh

    She's pretty damn lovely.
  • NewYork 17 Jun 2007 11:16:02 24,835 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    NewYork wrote:
    You are the sunshine of my life
    That's why I'll always be around,
    You are the apple of my eye,
    Forever you'll stay in my heart


    /sigh

    She's pretty damn lovely.
    Lovely is right. :)
  • mouse Moderator 17 Jun 2007 11:17:15 10,312 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Still can't believe you got her name wrong.
  • Page

    of 5 First / Last

Log in or register to reply