• Page

of 10 First / Last

Next
  • EMarkM 14 Dec 2012 16:39:54 3,174 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    Do you sell mail order brides?
    Or, at this generous time of year, do you GIVE THEM AWAY?
  • Deleted user 14 December 2012 16:47:31
    Christmas meal/party next week is on the day of my leaving date. NOTHING TO LOSE

Chairs beware
  • Dave_McCoy 14 Dec 2012 22:01:43 2,775 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My works Xmas drinks are tomorrow night. Actually quite looking forward to it. I also may be leaving soon...so...I'll be enjoying a few shandys.
  • Salaman 16 Dec 2012 00:17:38 19,056 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Went to Germany Friday afternoon to join the office Xmas do of an agency that used to work for my previous company.
    Fun evening. Some good food, they had a live band do a set and they were pretty good. Around midnight they set up a cotton candy machine but nobody was too bothered about eating sugar at that point.
    Then half an hour later they came out with some sausages for the people already in that "could do with a kebab or some sort of greasy food" state of mind.

Spotted a large bowl of aspirin satchels as well before I left. Small stachel that you just empty into your gob, no water needed. Now that's planning ahead. :-)

Only downside was that because it was a closed party with bouncers at the door, the pub didn't have to adhere to normal rules banning smoking and it was like a pre-smoke ban pub. Smoky and stinky as hell.

Good fun though.

For those of you still due your office xmas do.
    Go home in style!
  • Trafford 16 Dec 2012 01:36:00 5,791 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    We had ours midweek. A good year, taking top sales office (out of 35) in a very competitive environment.
    The boss took us to San Carlo, Manchesters top Italian restaurant apparently.
    Food and atmosphere was fantastic.
    We were sat near the door, nice seeing Nicholas Anelka getting turned away despite trying to grease palms.
    After that it was strippers and a strange little drinking hole.
    Good night, glad I stayed to the end, not drinking means I normaly duck out early.
  • elstoof 16 Dec 2012 08:39:53 7,339 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is that the place that Balotelli keeps getting parking tickets by dumping his car anywhere he can outside.
  • Trafford 16 Dec 2012 09:14:56 5,791 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah that's the one, there's a NCP around the corner as well!

The menu was massive and reasonably priced I thought.
    They have a place in London also, different name though.
  • Fonzie 16 Dec 2012 09:31:04 1,851 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Trafford wrote:
    Yeah that's the one, there's a NCP around the corner as well!

The menu was massive and reasonably priced I thought.
    They have a place in London also, different name though.
    They have one in Birmingham also - same name. Great food.
  • lucky_jim 16 Dec 2012 09:44:00 5,296 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ours is on Wednesday. Free beer, cocktails, and food all night. Starts 6.30, due to end at 1.00.

I'm frightened.
  • Widge Moderator 16 Dec 2012 14:22:03 13,573 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Trafford wrote:
    HA, I would only say so for its reputation as celebrity haunt. Most normals go there to hopefully gawk at a celebrity. I went to put a nice beat of steak down me. The others got excited about the presence of Kym Marsh and some fellow from Hollyoaks, she in turn got excited about the presence of Brian Robson. Have to admit, the simple starter of spinach and sausage was one of the finest starters I have eaten though. The steak not so hot :(.

I went to my old works lot Christmas party. They had been in Room since midday and I turned up at about 7. Everyone was FUCK FACED. Did enjoy walking through the bar to lots of my old work girlies squealing SIIIIMOOONNNNN and amassing large huggage. After a short while I was similarly smashed and somehow ended up in Chorlton, in a church, watching a band play to a delightfully trippy lightshow.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• angeltreats 16 Dec 2012 16:15:29 2,602 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ours was last night, I'm still recovering. It's a black tie event for about 300 odd employees plus their partners, the company pretty much take over a hotel for the night. Free bar until midnight, various video games like Dance Dance Revolution and a driving one (possibly Outrun 2 but was far too pissed to remember) to entertain us, live band followed by DJ, accommodation paid for in posh hotel, and best of all I won a raffle prize which was an iPad 4 :D

Unfortunately I had to be put to bed at 1am so missed the last of the festivities but it was a great laugh and I don't think anyone fell out with each other or shagged anyone they shouldn't so it's all good.

My other half doesn't get a Christmas do, and morale is so low where he works that nobody would bother going anyway.
  • Trafford 17 Dec 2012 00:26:09 5,791 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    Trafford wrote:
    HA, I would only say so for its reputation as celebrity haunt. Most normals go there to hopefully gawk at a celebrity. I went to put a nice beat of steak down me. The others got excited about the presence of Kym Marsh and some fellow from Hollyoaks, she in turn got excited about the presence of Brian Robson. Have to admit, the simple starter of spinach and sausage was one of the finest starters I have eaten though. The steak not so hot :(.

I went to my old works lot Christmas party. They had been in Room since midday and I turned up at about 7. Everyone was FUCK FACED. Did enjoy walking through the bar to lots of my old work girlies squealing SIIIIMOOONNNNN and amassing large huggage. After a short while I was similarly smashed and somehow ended up in Chorlton, in a church, watching a band play to a delightfully trippy lightshow.
    Sounds fun, but like is said, apparently, I'm from the suburbs and celebrity means fuck all to me, like a night in Chorlton.
    For what it's worth I know Brian Robson, or rather he knows me.
  • beastmaster 17 Dec 2012 06:34:49 11,416 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Trafford wrote:
    Widge wrote:
    Trafford wrote:

Sounds fun, but like is said, apparently, I'm from the suburbs and celebrity means fuck all to me, like a night in Chorlton.
    For what it's worth I know Brian Robson, or rather he knows me.
    Chorlton, eh? That would be St Clements Church you were at. My local is not too far from there.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• MrTomFTW Moderator 17 Dec 2012 06:45:29 38,179 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Heh, a few of my work colleagues are from Chorlton. Never been myself.

I'm not going to my work's Christmas do. I would, but it's in Manchester and our generous employer is paying just 10 per head. Considering how much it would cost for me in transport alone (from Liverpool) I'm going to sit at home and be miserable instead.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• jonsaan 17 Dec 2012 07:25:26 25,352 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @MrTomFTW are they 'wheelies'

FCUTA!

• Page

of 10 First / Last

Next