Depression Page 122

• Page

of 143 First / Last

• Deckard1 30 Aug 2013 17:32:50 27,981 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    "I see happy people and i can't even fathom how to get there. Shit just works out for other people with no effort on their part and the considerable effort i put in just gets ignored/taken for granted."

You really believe that? Everyone gets shat on mate, no one gets a free ride. Not seeing the effort doesn't mean it is not there. People put effort into trying to be happy, doesn't mean they haven't got 100 shitty things happening in their life. Everyone gets knockbacks deals with death, crazy family, loneliness, heartbreak or works in a job they hate.

They choose to move forward rather than wallow.
    Yeah this really. Wallowing in your own misery just makes people not want to be around you, which in turn makes you more miserable.

Everyone's life is shitty - life is hard, people die, you lose girlfriends you loved, your pets die, you fall out with people - its how you deal with all the shit that makes you who you are. Blaming other people and wallowing just turns you into a cunt.
  • Deleted user 30 August 2013 17:36:37
    Load_2.0 wrote:

You really believe that? Everyone gets shat on mate, no one gets a free ride. Not seeing the effort doesn't mean it is not there.
    I know two people in my life who i respect because i know they put effort into their lives/relationships. Pretty much everyone else i know has fallen into great lives and fucking up means absolutely nothing to them because they always land on their feet.

I actually know a few people who flaunt how little effort they put into things that just work out for them, the guy who is with the girl i've fallen for is one of them.

He is an utter fuck-up, has a shit job that most people do at weekends for pocket money when they are still in school, dropped out of college because of his sheer laziness, treated me like utter garbage even though we were best friends for nearly two decades, he works half a week now and gets the dole for the rest of it and pisses most of his money up against the wall rather than spending it on his house which is an utter dump that looks like animals live in it, he is the single most inconsiderate human being i have ever met to everyone in his life and yet there's a queue around the block to make excuses for him being a shitty person and pathological liar for some reason.

Up until recently i was putting up with him because we share a circle of close friends. I finally said "fuck it" when a group of us went on holiday and he spent most of it trying to get up on another girl who was with us that i sort of like (he knows this) and this was after he told the girl i've fallen for that they weren't going out so he was free to fuck whoever he wanted on the holiday and she agreed even though she told me she wasn't ok with it at all. I can barely stand being in the same room as him now because he's just an utter piece of garbage.

What a charmer. He really deserves his fucking peach of a life, doesn't he? Why would i be pissed off at all?
  • Deckard1 30 Aug 2013 17:41:33 27,981 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So he has a shit job, is on the dole and lives in squalor. Where's the bit where he has a peach of a life? Is it simply because he's fucking the girl you like?
  • Deleted user 30 August 2013 17:50:04
    Deckard1 wrote:
    So he has a shit job, is on the dole and lives in squalor.
    None of that stuff bothers him in the slightest. In fact he loves having half the week off so he can get pissed and stay in bed until 2 in the afternoon. Living in squalor has zero effect on him because he's one of those people that doesn't see mess.

Even more hilarious is the fact that she's a complete clean freak but it's his hovel so it doesn't matter. Again.

He's probably the happiest person i know and why wouldn't he be?
  • Jeepers 30 Aug 2013 17:53:32 13,181 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    spudsbuckley wrote:
    he spent most of it trying to get up on another girl who was with us that i sort of like
    The bastard.
  • AaronTurner 30 Aug 2013 18:18:53 7,736 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I don't think the problem is your friend.

Wuh. I'm outta here.
  • Chopsen 30 Aug 2013 18:23:12 15,949 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    spudsbuckley wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    So he has a shit job, is on the dole and lives in squalor.
    None of that stuff bothers him in the slightest. In fact he loves having half the week off so he can get pissed and stay in bed until 2 in the afternoon. Living in squalor has zero effect on him because he's one of those people that doesn't see mess.

Even more hilarious is the fact that she's a complete clean freak but it's his hovel so it doesn't matter. Again.

He's probably the happiest person i know and why wouldn't he be?
    So ermm what's the issue again? He's happy with how his life has turned out despite it from a certain perspective not being all that great?

I think there's a moral to this tale....
  • LeoliansBro 30 Aug 2013 18:27:47 44,162 posts
    Seen 40 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm sure you're upset spuds, but can you stop calling her 'the girl i've fallen for' because that's fucking creepy.

Best to move on mate and let her make her own mistakes.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Syrette 30 Aug 2013 18:28:59 43,432 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Spuds - stick a photo of her up on here, we'll tell you if she's worth it.

• Deleted user 30 August 2013 18:35:41
    You know what, fuck this.

Spilling all my bizarre emotional shite out on a gaming website when i don't even know what the fuck i'm expecting.

I'm done. It was fun and all folks, enjoy your next gen consoles and whatnot :)
  • LeoliansBro 30 Aug 2013 18:38:01 44,162 posts
    Seen 40 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's more that we've all been there fella, to a greater or lesser extent. Sorry that it's dragging you down though, nobody needs that.

• Deckard1 30 Aug 2013 18:39:43 27,981 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Big day for King Edward this, I think he's the only potato based user on here now.
  • Rens11 30 Aug 2013 19:13:33 1,404 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Big day for King Edward this, I think he's the only potato based user on here now.
    Post of the day!

Looking back a few months ago when I posted in here surprised how down I was. For me the key was getting into a routine, being forced to get up early and not stay awake all night worrying about the next day. An early morning for me used to be getting up before the end of bargain hunt, now I never miss an episode life is great! :D

bit pissed just finished uni!

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• whatthefu 15 Oct 2013 22:38:56 870 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    lol. Bargain hunt is the cure :p

I feel like shit man, I felt like I met a woman that could tolerate my awkwardness. Then I got too awkward.
    I can't even relate to women. Fuck it.
    I swear I've been like this since high school.
  • BeardedGamerUK 15 Oct 2013 23:04:09 1,390 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    To all the miserable people in this thread, it could be worse, you could be playing Dark Souls :D
  • DrStrangelove 16 Oct 2013 22:04:51 3,925 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @BeardedGamerUK

Don't ridicule people who are suffering from depression -.-

Although part of me agrees that Dark Souls is a hugely disenchanting experience.
  • BeardedGamerUK 16 Oct 2013 22:15:05 1,390 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @DrStrangelove I was not ridiculing people with depression. I am actually friends with at least two people that suffer from depression, so I would never do such a thing. It was nothing more than a mild joke, hence the emoticon.
  • DrStrangelove 16 Oct 2013 22:20:30 3,925 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @BeardedGamerUK

Yea I understood it was a joke... I wasn't quite serious myself.
  • spamdangled 16 Oct 2013 22:26:00 27,355 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Neverending Nightmare looks quite interesting, a survival-horror game written as a metaphor for the designer's battle with depression and OCD.

I've always found that finding a creative outlet can be incredibly helpful during bouts of depression - writing, painting, music... anything really. It not only engages your mind, but it's also productive and cathartic. I'm not talking terrible emo poetry, or even necessarily stuff even related to depression - just the creative process itself helps, no matter what the work is.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Deleted user 18 October 2013 08:05:06
    Ackh. My Pokemon game is the first and only thing to say happy birthday to me this morning. I haven't actually seen anyone else yet tbf but that felt like a post for this thread.
  • Trafford 18 Oct 2013 08:17:04 5,791 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You could have gone to the Birthday thread.
    Someone might care in their sunshine. ;)
  • FuzzyDuck 19 Oct 2013 01:07:14 4,120 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    BeardedGamerUK wrote:
    To all the miserable people in this thread, it could be worse, you could be playing Dark Souls :D
    I'm being treated for recurrent depression and I have the Platinum trophy for Dark Souls, do I get extra party streamers?
  • BeardedGamerUK 19 Oct 2013 05:43:57 1,390 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @FuzzyDuck No, it just means you're mental :) I wish everybody could be happy!
  • Deleted user 19 October 2013 09:05:04
    Trafford wrote:
    You could have gone to the Birthday thread.
    Someone might care in their sunshine. ;)
    Wasn't looking for someone to care, just made me laugh! Makes you understand why forever alone types seem to love Nintendo.

Edited by mowgli at 09:05:44 19-10-2013
  • LeoliansBro 19 Oct 2013 09:37:55 44,162 posts
    Seen 40 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Aren't you married?

• Deleted user 19 October 2013 09:44:57
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Aren't you married?
    Yeah? It was 7 in the morning and I hadn't spoken to her yet.
  • OptimusPube 19 Oct 2013 09:46:16 3,013 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Aren't you married?
    He's a lawyer, says it all really.

Happy Bday Mowgs.

You better watch out.
    You better beware.
    Albert said E=MC

• LeoliansBro 19 Oct 2013 09:46:39 44,162 posts
    Seen 40 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gosh how depressing. Happy birthday, anyway.

• Page

of 143 First / Last