The Official Drinking Hangover Recovery Thread Page 5

• Page

of 15 First / Last

• localnotail 6 Mar 2010 10:58:07 23,093 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I feel like a pig shat in my head. No amount of eggs and bread is going to save me. I might just have to keep drinking until my liver explodes. It would be a mercy killing.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• ElectricDemon 31 Mar 2010 13:18:28 2,417 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Note to self: drinking numerous VKs (I am fuzzy on how many. They are deceptively alcoholic....), drinking them like juice and gulping them down, then having numerous shots may seem like a good idea at 2 in the morning, but it does NOT feel good when you wake up later....

I never ever get hangovers, they are bloody awful! =(

Though I must say, whoever it was earlier in the thread that suggested listening to Disintegration as a hangover "Cure" was actually right, never has their name been more apt! Whilst not amazing, I do feel considerably better now, and can actually move without feeling like I need to hold my head to stop the contents spilling out....
  • Craig0702 31 Mar 2010 15:29:37 2,178 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I made the mistake of picking random cocktails then having shots of tequila between them at the weekend, wasn't as hungover as I should have been thankfully!

Did discover that a Harlem Mugger cocktail is pretty lethal, has quite a kick on it. Again...not helped with the tequila chaser.
  • SG 23 Apr 2010 23:46:22 1,896 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Berocca.

Add me on Nintendo network! I'm 'Sy' or 'Sy_the_Brit_1982' (I've got US systems, hence 'the_Brit').

• StixxUK 24 Apr 2010 11:58:01 7,291 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Depends on the quality of the place you're drinking in. Plenty of places have dirty pipes that will give you a rotten hangover after only a couple of pints because they're serving you fucking poison.

There are several places in which I will only drink bottled beer. Preferably Becks (more expensive, less hangover).

Alternatively, to be safe, just drink in Germany.
  • Nexus_6 24 Apr 2010 12:23:50 3,903 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This will sound weird, but I find that if I want to soothe my hangover headache I use my imagination and make up a story/scenario in my head. It doesn't work if I am recalling something from memory but is good if I make up a hypothetical thing. It can be anything mundane or fantasy.

As i say, weird but has certainly worked for me in the past and today. Ally that with a revita-shite and I am sorted
  • Zidargh 26 Apr 2010 14:22:14 1,692 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    For some reason I don't sleep well at all when drunk and I fucking hate it. I would love to be out likea light for a full 10 hours and wake up completely recovered. Preferably attached to a drip.
  • speedfreek 3 May 2010 10:47:14 3,119 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sleeplessness or waking up early after no/little sleep after drinking is usually caused by a drop in blood sugar :o

When blood sugar hits a very low level it triggers the bodies eat reflex which intern triggers the wake reflex.

Solution eat before bed.

Hangover prevention;

Milk Thistle Tablets (or even better a tincture i.e. liquid form) take before drinking and day after. There are different strengths and the heavy drinker should go for a the Milk Thistle Complex.

If still suffering in the morning try this drink.

Takes prep but worth the wait

Pulp fresh ginger (inch cubed) with pestle n mortar, add 1/2 pint boiling water, poor into a jug add a big spoon of honey cover and leave to go tepid (20-30 mins)

Strain (I use a tea strainer) into a mug n squeeze the juice out of the ginger pulp.

Juice a lemon & lime and add to mix.

Top up with boiling water or ice.
  • Syrette 3 May 2010 11:20:03 44,229 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    speedfreek wrote:
    If still suffering in the morning try this drink.

Takes prep but worth the wait

Pulp fresh ginger (inch cubed) with pestle n mortar, add 1/2 pint boiling water, poor into a jug add a big spoon of honey cover and leave to go tepid (20-30 mins)

Strain (I use a tea strainer) into a mug n squeeze the juice out of the ginger pulp.

Juice a lemon & lime and add to mix.

Top up with boiling water or ice.

Sounds like too much hard work if I'm hungover :/

• heyyo 3 May 2010 11:25:53 14,369 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, if I was hungover and tried that i'd end up pouring boiling water on myself. The best way is to drink some water while drinking (not always possible) or wake up early drink shedloads of water, take some pain killers and a snack - then spend 3/4 the day in bed.

Although i've cut back a lot now, i'm only getting drunk about once every 3 months because I just can't deal with hangovers
  • thelatestmodel 3 May 2010 13:50:45 364 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hangovers are precisely why I never get drunk anymore. That's not to say I don't drink, I'm just always really careful. I can't deal with losing a whole day feeling like shit.
  • ecu 3 May 2010 13:52:39 77,317 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I don't get hangovers anymore. \o/
  • laharl80 3 May 2010 13:53:11 210 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Probably been said but 2 nurofen and a glass of water before sleep pretty much guarantees a hangover free
    morning.
  • Deleted user 10 June 2010 12:57:51
    I seem to have killed my bladder on the stag do over the weekend, anyone had this before? I've been for a piss 7 times today already :(
  • L_Franko Moderator 10 Jun 2010 14:13:38 9,697 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I had a rather serious hang over after Saturday night. Felt sick as a dog once I finally got out of bed and ended up flat out on the girlfriends bedroom floor withing seconds.

I did find that an ice pop, can of cherry 7up, chicken soup, liver and onions, lemonade, tea, and a cup of gravy help though.
  • thelzdking 10 Jun 2010 14:24:23 4,413 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    CrispyXUK64 wrote:
    I seem to have killed my bladder on the stag do over the weekend, anyone had this before? I've been for a piss 7 times today already :(

I used to be able to drink a fair few pints before needing to relieve myself, but a few years of borderline alcoholism means that I generally piss at least once every pint now :(
  • THFourteen 9 Oct 2010 08:13:57 34,471 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ouchie. why did I drink so much :(
  • FutureDave 9 Oct 2010 09:17:54 534 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Bottle of Shiraz MW2 until the early hours has left me feeling a little off this morning. Urgh :(
  • RabidChild 9 Oct 2010 09:47:58 2,293 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Red wine hangover.

Squash game in 1 hour.

Bad news.
  • RabidChild 9 Oct 2010 09:47:58 2,293 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Red wine hangover.

Squash game in 1 hour.

Bad news.
  • speedofthepuma 9 Oct 2010 10:11:31 13,320 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    In at 4:30.

Wife understandably not talking to me.

This haiku is wrong.

I lurk. If I've spoken to you, I'm either impassioned, or drunk.

• PhoenixFlames 9 Oct 2010 10:41:47 9,230 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If I went out on the piss and the Mrs didn't speak to me I would simply go out on the piss again all day.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• wobbler147 9 Oct 2010 11:00:50 5,152 posts
    Seen 59 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ouch :(
  • speedofthepuma 9 Oct 2010 11:17:58 13,320 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    If I went out on the piss and the Mrs didn't speak to me I would simply go out on the piss again all day.

You're not married are you?

I lurk. If I've spoken to you, I'm either impassioned, or drunk.

• thelzdking 9 Oct 2010 11:25:15 4,413 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Got smashed last night in my mates garage. Feel horrific this morning.
  • PhoenixFlames 9 Oct 2010 18:01:06 9,230 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    speedofthepuma wrote:
    PhoenixFlames wrote:

You're not married are you?

Practically, 6 years and house together. Luckily my mrs would be out getting pissed with me so no issue there ;)

PSN - phoenix1flames

• Merlinho 9 Oct 2010 18:10:39 5,908 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I played hockey today with a hangover, I was almost dying by half-time and I don't think the captain was too impressed with me almost vomming during the half-time team talk. Made it through just about though, now back to bed...
  • SG 9 Oct 2010 18:30:47 1,896 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Haven't read the contents of the thread but has anyone mentioned Berocca yet? It's fucking amazing. It stopped my God-awful hangovers full stop. Just take before you go to bed, or if you forget first thing in the morning.

Add me on Nintendo network! I'm 'Sy' or 'Sy_the_Brit_1982' (I've got US systems, hence 'the_Brit').

• Deleted user 25 November 2010 10:54:52
    Post deleted
  • Page

of 15 First / Last