The Football League Thread Page 176

• Page

of 181 First / Last

• nickthegun 25 Mar 2014 09:19:36 58,779 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hah, I didnt realise they had sent him back. Christ, the championship is such a fucking shambles at times.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• nickthegun 27 Mar 2014 15:00:18 58,779 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Stuart Pearce has turned down the Forest job. They must be some bunch of cunts.

He totally called it

• Stickman 27 Mar 2014 18:32:55 29,648 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If they take Clough I'm going to nail bomb the place.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Zomoniac 28 Mar 2014 07:57:49 7,780 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Hah, I didnt realise they had sent him back. Christ, the championship is such a fucking shambles at times.
    Now they've taken him back again! This is what happens when two clusterfucks of teams attempt to do business.

Woke up this morning to see the local press reporting "Breaking: staff appear to have been paid". The fact that that requires a breaking news story is quite depressing.
  • Zomoniac 28 Mar 2014 08:54:27 7,780 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    General staff have been paid, players haven't. Well, that's bound to motivate them to play well tomorrow! (Not that they need much motivation to be inept)
  • nickthegun 28 Mar 2014 09:21:25 58,779 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I still cant quite work out how you are still so completely fucked.

We were nearly in administration about 10 years ago and we had a new ground to pay for!

He totally called it

• Dougs 28 Mar 2014 10:37:35 66,575 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Jesus, they must be going out of their way to be cunts too
  • captbirdseye 28 Mar 2014 10:45:25 4,781 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:

We were nearly in administration about 10 years ago and we had a new ground to pay for!
    The worst thing is that they literally have no assests anymore as everything was flogged off and Bates took his money like he always does and ran.

Must be so frustrating for Leeds fans as this seems like a never ending cycle.
  • captbirdseye 28 Mar 2014 10:47:58 4,781 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    Jesus, they must be going out of their way to be cunts too
    They keep insisting that they play the two shit Algerians.
  • Zomoniac 28 Mar 2014 11:13:37 7,780 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:

The worst thing is that they literally have no assests anymore as everything was flogged off and Bates took his money like he always does and ran.

Must be so frustrating for Leeds fans as this seems like a never ending cycle.
    The thing many fans find most baffling is that Cellino was happy to pay £25m for 75% of the club. Apart from McCormack and Byram, who might be worth £8-10m for the pair, we have no assets of any worth at all, and even their worth is largely offset by outstanding debts. £25m for 75% of something completely worthless beyond a potential for a brand seems like a lot of money to pay.
  • Zomoniac 31 Mar 2014 11:51:18 7,780 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Last night a Leeds fan found Cellino's number on a publicly available legal document, gave him a call and recorded it. It can be listened to here, or a written transcript is here.

At some point I'll stop being surprised at how much more surreal this manages to keep getting, but this really is a new level. I still don't think I want him running my club, because he's clearly completely insane, but he might be my new favourite person, and provides great entertainment, and a staggering number of expletives.

Some choice quotes:

(on current club MD David Haigh) "David is a son of a bitch, heís a witch, heís dangerous, heís a fucking devil"

ďKen Bates! Ken Bates is still behind the shit you know that?Ē

"With a shit.. fucking shit team. You got a shit team. The worst team I ever saw in my life."

(on how much the fans are charged) "Too much. They get ripped off. You donít need money you need some money cause Ken Bates steal your money thatís the problem."

"The fans, theyíre not for sale. They are feelings, you donít buy feelings. You can buy a bitch, for one night, but you donít buy the love, my friend."

(on why he blocked McCormack's deadline day transfer request) "It's like if you have a bar, and you sell your refrigerator to buy the beer. Where you fucking put the beer if you donít own a refrigerator any more?"

(on Luke Murphy's pay level) "they bought a player last year from League One. I donít remember his name. And they paid, the player, one million and a half. From League One. And they give him £22,000 a week. Fuck me! He wages was thousand seven hundred pounds a week, they give him £22,000 a week. From League One. Are you fucking crazy?"
  • Trowel 5 Apr 2014 15:00:38 17,420 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Cellino has won his appeal...
  • Zomoniac 5 Apr 2014 15:18:07 7,780 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This is going to be an entertaining few months.
  • megastar 5 Apr 2014 23:06:04 17,132 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gonna cost him a fortune fixing that shite!

"Ross, stand up - right, can everyone not stood up just fucking do one"
  • Zomoniac 11 Apr 2014 16:35:31 7,780 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Good start.

Police have been called in to investigate allegations from Cellino that GFH/Haigh had used money stolen from club funds to install hidden surveillance cameras in the boardroom and toilets.
  • Zomoniac 11 Apr 2014 16:44:07 7,780 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Haigh has resigned.

"Statements from the new owners have left me with no choice but to resign."

Presumably statements like "he tried to blackmail me" and "he put a hidden camera in my toilet".
  • nickthegun 11 Apr 2014 16:46:25 58,779 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    Good start.

Police have been called in to investigate allegations from Cellino that GFH/Haigh had used money stolen from club funds to install hidden surveillance cameras in the boardroom and toilets.
    Haha, fuck me, they didnt waste any time.

He totally called it

• TheMayorOfJugs 12 Apr 2014 14:08:38 3,018 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Onuoha seens like he's good enough for the likes of Southampton or someone.

Some finish. Boring game though. Don't see QPR staying up if they manage promotion.
  • caligari 29 Apr 2014 20:15:27 16,986 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just testing the water as it looks as though we (Norwich) will be joining you again in a few weeks (if that).

It might be a bit odd to look forward to relegation but I've re-he-ally missed the games against Ipswich. The games against Leeds should also be interesting, seeing as we still have half of their old team - although I'm sure your Hulls and Swanseas will come in for players like Johnson and Snodgrass before then.

No idea who our manager will be - Malky, perhaps?

Anyway - looking forward to seeing you all very soon!

Edited by caligari at 20:16:29 29-04-2014
  • BillMurray 1 May 2014 20:16:45 7,604 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Not a league match but the Grimsby vs Gateshead first playoff leg is a good match so far. Fingers crossed for another now Grimsby have equalized.
  • Syrette 3 May 2014 13:52:00 43,055 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That's Birmingham down now then.

2-0. Feel for them.

• beastmaster 3 May 2014 14:11:29 11,139 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Been listening to 5 Live. What a finale to the season!

Birmingham stay up!

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• reddevil93 3 May 2014 14:12:30 11,373 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Haha, did Reading fans just invade the pitch there before realising they hadnt made the playoffs?

• liamthemaster 3 May 2014 14:18:19 1,551 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The championship is always mental on the last few days.
  • Syrette 3 May 2014 14:19:19 43,055 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Get in Birmingham!

• beastmaster 3 May 2014 14:19:24 11,139 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    reddevil93 wrote:
    Haha, did Reading fans just invade the pitch there before realising they hadnt made the playoffs?
    Apparently so. Oh dear!

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Gruff 3 May 2014 14:58:19 2,839 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    No way QPR beats Wigan,then Derby or Brighton,

So we have the excitement of the Championship next season with a side order of BigFineFromUEFAforSpendingTooMuchMoneyORSomething

ďIt's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.Ē
    ― Agnes Repplier

• Zomoniac 3 May 2014 15:36:57 7,780 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    A draw against Derby is the same as a win, right? Felt like it after 10 straight defeats. Glad that season's over. Let's pretend it never happened.
  • Syrette 3 May 2014 15:43:37 43,055 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Wycombe going down, thanks mainly to the idiot Oxford striker who got himself sent off when they were 1-0 up.

• Page

of 181 First / Last