Louis Theroux - New Show on BBC 2 Page 3

• Page

of 20 First / Last

• gamingdave 1 Apr 2007 21:44:52 4,216 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If god hates America, and Americans are fags, and they are Americans, then arent they fags hated by God?
  • Deleted user 1 April 2007 21:46:11
    gamingdave wrote:
    If god hates America, and Americans are fags, and they are Americans, then arent they fags hated by God?

that's why they are angry, as sinners are making god hate america .
  • Deleted user 1 April 2007 21:49:40
    he's a pro
  • gamingdave 1 Apr 2007 21:56:34 4,216 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Wikipedia reveals the reason why ......

"By Phelps's own admission, he never dated, and had no interest in members of the opposite sex."

lol, hes a repressed homosexual ;)

Edited by gamingdave at 21:57:03 01-04-2007
  • Deleted user 1 April 2007 21:58:12
    and there was me thinking you were clever...

pre-edit:

homosectual

• gamingdave 1 Apr 2007 22:02:18 4,216 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    damn, shouldnt have corrected that one then :D

really, what a bunch of nutters, they are so convinced they are right. I suppose all people believe in there convictions, but most are open to discussing them, and open to new ideas.

I feel really sorry for the small children, they really have no say, and are going to be so alienated in school.
  • Deleted user 1 April 2007 22:03:16
    gamingdave wrote:
    In answer to where in the Bible does it say homosexuality is a sin. One of the comandments is not to commit adultary, some people that commit adultary do so within same sex relationships, therfore commiting adultary is being gay, therefore being gay is a sin, therfore anyone that commits a sin is a fag!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    /has missed this show and so decides to derail thread

Technically there is part of one of the OT books that states explicitly that it's wrong (along with some other crazy stuff that doesn't apply nowadays), there's that Sodom story (that I don't know much about) and Paul wasn't really into it (but then he was a Jew, so he wouldn't be, he also wrote different advice to different cities depending on what he thought was wrong with their lifestyles. The Corinthians back then tended to go for the old religious sex orgies which is why he was trying to calm them down a bit on the 'fuck anything that moves' front). There's also the 'every sperm is sacred' bit, whch is why the Catholic church disproves of condoms, masterbation and all that junk. But then the concept of original sin means that we all sin anyway, so not to worry or get too self-rightious about it all.

Edited by disussedgenius at 22:03:44 01-04-2007
  • TakeTheVeil 1 Apr 2007 22:03:31 5,058 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    what the hell was that? and what was up with the eating babies thing..
  • Pirotic Moderator 1 Apr 2007 22:03:36 20,646 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I wouldn't concern yourself too much with it, any religion which makes it difficult to have kids is going to die out in a couple of generations.

'gramps' is clearly just a deluded old man with some nasty skeletons in his closest, or maybe he's in the closest himself.
  • delbert 1 Apr 2007 22:07:46 2,889 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I was thinking of the irony of the title "Most HATED family in America".. apart from their choice of preaching (the protests) they share a lot in common, religiously, with a large majority of the American people..

The eating babies thing is a reference to bible story where a woman ate her child during a seige.. it may have been sodom and gomorra but I could be very wrong..

I think the saddest crime of religion is the indoctrination of the child and that was a very good example of why..

Edited by delbert at 22:09:35 01-04-2007

Edited by delbert at 22:12:44 01-04-2007
  • Stormflood 1 Apr 2007 22:11:27 2,263 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've not seen such a prime example of a cult - they fulfilled every requirement without fault.
  • TakeTheVeil 1 Apr 2007 22:13:28 5,058 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    imagine if a group of people showed up at your brothers funeral protesting in that way.. saying he deserved it and laughing at his death.. id honestly gather my mates and beat the living shit out of them..

Edited by TakeTheVeil at 22:16:22 01-04-2007
  • Pirotic Moderator 1 Apr 2007 22:15:56 20,646 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    TakeTheVeil wrote:
    imagine if a group of people showed up at your brothers funeral.. id honestly gather my mates and beat the living shit out of them..

At military funerals don't all the army personel bring guns with them and give a gunshot salute? I'm surprised nobody has taken a shot at one of these loons yet.
  • TakeTheVeil 1 Apr 2007 22:19:34 5,058 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    anyone check the extra videos on http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbc2 i cant view it cus ya have to be in the UK but i was wondering what its like
  • blindlemonjefferson 1 Apr 2007 22:19:37 162 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The girl who wants to be a lawyer came so close to beginning to question 'her' beliefs - that was sad to watch.
    :(
  • Simian 1 Apr 2007 22:20:39 600 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A family of brain-washed ignorant folk, controlled by a sinister old fella who is full of anger and probably loves being worshipped like some kind of demi-god.

I feel sorry for the kiddies - they have no choice but to inhale the crap around them, giving them a extremely screwed-up look on life.

Very interesting viewing.
  • delbert 1 Apr 2007 22:21:02 2,889 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    blindlemonjefferson wrote:
    The girl who wants to be a lawyer came so close to beginning to question 'her' beliefs - that was sad to watch.

I agree .. you could hear the lump in her throat just before she left to protest..
  • Deleted user 1 April 2007 22:21:02
    lets go to a phelps funeral and picket.

what signs would we have?

god hates crazy crackers

chill the fuck out

fags hate god
  • Simian 1 Apr 2007 22:21:26 600 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago

Yeah, it actually looked like there was about to be a tear or two.
  • TakeTheVeil 1 Apr 2007 22:22:39 5,058 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago

i cant believe someone whos smart enough to be a lawyer cant see that gramps is talking complete shite..the interviews with Louis were hilarious.. he just didnt want to do them cus he has no answers..

i thought she was gonna break into tears too..

Edited by TakeTheVeil at 22:24:45 01-04-2007
  • blindlemonjefferson 1 Apr 2007 22:28:36 162 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    delbert wrote:

I agree .. you could hear the lump in her throat just before she left to protest..
    And then she just pushed it back and ran away.

I do wonder how they think they are going to continue to spread the word after they die if none of the girls (and presumably guys) are allowed to have any kind of friends, let alone boyfirends. How the fuck are they gonna find spouses to have kids with?

Unless the angel Gabriel descends to immaculately impregnate them, Grandpa will have to do the dirty business in God's name. I'm sure there's an Old Testament precedent for father fucking.

God loves incest!
  • Whizzo 1 Apr 2007 22:32:30 43,091 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Louis did a great job with that, interesting stuff and not a little scary.

I can't see the church surviving the death of the hate spewing "Gramps" though. Which is just as well.

Must say I was almost expecting something at the end about "future lawyer" saying she'd quit the place though, she obviously was more scared of her family than God and Louis appeared to get damn close to getting her to admitting that.

Cute girl too, damn shame if she and her siblings ended up staying in that situation and pissing their lives away.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Whizzo 1 Apr 2007 22:33:02 43,091 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    TakeTheVeil wrote:
    anyone check the extra videos on http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbc2 i cant view it cus ya have to be in the UK but i was wondering what its like
    They're just clips from the show, so if you've seen the full doco you've already seen them.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Jonsend 1 Apr 2007 22:39:39 706 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just sounds like Xbox live.
  • souljah 1 Apr 2007 23:43:50 4,701 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That nutter and her kids were nuts!

Two of the oldest daughters were fit though.
  • Orange 2 Apr 2007 01:24:36 4,743 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    There's a video podcast on the BBC 2 site where Louis talks a bit more about the family, his opinions on them and some bits that they missed in filming. If you liked the programme then I'd check it out as well.

I really liked it, was classic Louis and reminded me of the one he did on racism, with the woman and her two hate song performing daughters.
  • Fat-Boy 2 Apr 2007 08:43:56 4,300 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Lynx & Lamb were their names, were they not? Yet another incident of innocent children having their lives fucked up by the irrational hatred of a parent.

Last night's was classic Louis, I could watch his stuff all night. Gramps' refusal to answer questions, claiming that either Louis or the question itself weren't intelligent enough, showed what a bunch of wankers they are.
  • smoothpete 2 Apr 2007 09:40:59 31,496 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I couldn't see this last night, anyone know if there's a repeat this week?
  • IMadeThis 2 Apr 2007 10:12:12 1,037 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    And also, if this is the first in a series? My Sky Plus let me series link, but I forgot to check whether it's on next week.
  • Page

of 20 First / Last