Registered 7 years ago
    I don't really know why I hate these two phrases, but I do:-

1. "I'm not being funny, but..."

2. "I'm not even joking..."

HATE HATE HATE
  • CharlieStCloud 2 Dec 2012 21:28:03 5,530 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    A mild annoyance that seems to have become more common lately is when you say something surprising, or of that that the person you are speaking to doesn't know, they respond by saying, SHUT UP!

... or SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!

Please.

Stop it.
  • Moot_Point 2 Dec 2012 21:30:55 4,607 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    I don't like spaghetti either. It has no place with bolognese sauce. Tagliatelle would be more appropriate, and it's nicer. Spaghetti is too rubbery.
    Jesus, rubbery? That's way over cooked. Its best served al dente.

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• ibenam 2 Dec 2012 21:32:02 1,538 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nothing new but the word VIRAL incites hatred to my brain.

Worse thing is whoever uses it doesnt realise it isnt hip or trendy, its retarded
  • bladdard 2 Dec 2012 21:36:39 1,021 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @EMarkM

I love the irony of those who start a sentence "I'm not being funny" as invariably they aren't.
  • EMarkM 2 Dec 2012 21:38:50 3,429 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    bladdard wrote:
    @EMarkM

I love the irony of those who start a sentence "I'm not being funny" as invariably they aren't.
    Heh. Exactly! Bastards...
  • MrV333 2 Dec 2012 21:46:05 108 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    People, usually women, who get to the end of the checkout process and discover that they are going to have to pay for everything they just bought.

This new revelation in how you live has them then opening their bag and rumagging around for whatever holds the form of payment they were completely not expecting to have to use while they stood there gormlessly looking at the cashier for the last few minutes.
    This 1000 times. And why is the purse always at the bottom of their bag and seemingly willfully trying to evade capture?
  • oceanmotion 2 Dec 2012 21:55:36 16,126 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mates that randomly have the need to kid on feel you up or hump you for some bizarre reason when your in close vicinity on a night out.
  • Madder-Max 2 Dec 2012 22:02:00 11,687 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    People. Urm that's it. People are my pet hate. Oh and dogs. Needy high maitenance bastard shit machines that make awful noises when chowing down on their anus's.

Edited by Madder-Max at 22:04:09 02-12-2012

99 problems and being ginger is one

• tuff 2 Dec 2012 22:04:02 628 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I turned round and said....
  • cubbymoore 2 Dec 2012 22:21:08 36,504 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Every time Cameron says:

"Let me be cullear..."
  • RabidChild 2 Dec 2012 22:49:53 2,293 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    People with luggage who get to the end of the escalator and immediately stop to extend the luggage handle so they can wheel it along rather than just carrying it for another 10 seconds until they are clear of the moving stairway that is relentlessly funnelling more people into the exact spot that they've just decided to abruptly stop in as if there is no-one else in the world and then they get arsey when you trip over their stupid luggage that they can't possibly carry for a bit despite having just done that on the escalator but it doesn't matter cos they're selfish cunts who think the rest of the world has to work around them.

/breathe
  • redcrayon 2 Dec 2012 23:08:09 4,573 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I hate those suitcases on wheels with the extendable handles, I'm forever tripping over the bloody things when people do exactly that.

Also when there is a crossroads in the tube- people walk out from a side tunnel seemingly unaware of the trail of carnage they are leaving behind them as they force tens of people to stop suddenly, with an endless parade of people behind walking into them, due to the selfish wheel-mongerer taking up four times the amount of space as everyone else and having no concept of space or how traffic-flow works in a crowded tunnel.

Worst of all is girls with a bag the size of a handbag on one. Unless you are bizarrely carrying a brick in it (in which case it's totally cool, please don't hit me), use the bloody handles.
  • bladdard 2 Dec 2012 23:16:58 1,021 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    Mates that randomly have the need to kid on feel you up or hump you for some bizarre reason when your in close vicinity on a night out.
    Friend cull required.
  • Rusty_M 2 Dec 2012 23:32:21 4,920 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I hate those little bags with wheels themselves. They get in the way when other people use them, and I keep accidentally kicking them if I use them. Then people look at me like I'm crazy when I elect to carry the bloody thing the whole way.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.
    http://www.twitch.tv/rusty_the_robot
    http://twitter.com/Rusty_The_Robot

• Tonka 3 Dec 2012 07:01:45 21,350 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    When the head hocho at the main office calls for a surprise tele meeting with our office and sends out the emails on sunday night and doesn't say what's up.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Deleted user 3 December 2012 07:09:33
    People that don't do what is asked of them.

Is that a 'pet hate'? Or just a general hate?
  • Toonster 3 Dec 2012 07:29:39 6,845 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I hate it in films when a protagonist does something that is misconstrued as bad motives, prompting all the other characters to hate him, when in reality, there was a misunderstanding and all the protagonist needs to do is at least explain everything in what would have taken less than two sentences. Instead, he just sputters, "b-b-but you don't understand, I didn't mean to..." and then everyone shuns him.

3DS: 0361-6951-2609 (Tom)

• Madder-Max 5 Dec 2012 00:06:10 11,687 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    A mild annoyance that seems to have become more common lately is when you say something surprising, or of that that the person you are speaking to doesn't know, they respond by saying, SHUT UP!

... or SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!

Please.

Stop it.
    I actually find it quite funny when done in a cockerny accent . " Shat aaaaaap!". Very amusing

• Madder-Max 5 Dec 2012 00:11:40 11,687 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    After tonight I hate wanking little cunts that come into the pub where I'm manager, orde food on a tab then rack up doubles with mixers, and then do a fucking runner. Cunts.

Tonight what they did was regularly get up from table, put on coat and then walk out. I would go outside and they would be in the smoking area. Rinse and repeat so according to their plan I'm supposed to assume they have gone out for a fag. I checked and saw them pegging it across theb car park. Cunts. Good thing we have cctv and a good relationship with the police!

• Khanivor 5 Dec 2012 00:13:40 41,261 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    They were probably on zero- hour contracts.
  • chopsen 5 Dec 2012 00:40:10 16,290 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ask for a card behind the bar to start a tab.
  • Madder-Max 5 Dec 2012 00:55:55 11,687 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Heh lol. Khanivor. Very good.

Legally ur not supposed to keep cards behind the bar. Our aom doesn't like card swiping either.

• localnotail 5 Dec 2012 01:08:25 23,093 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Surely it is ok to keep cards behind the bar if the customer asked you to? Which they will need to if they want a tab. Seems very odd to allow tabs to strangers without some kind of guarantee.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Tonka 5 Dec 2012 06:52:33 21,350 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    People who think that they can drive at 110kph on a freeway regardless of the wweather conditions.
    "Just dropped below freezing after a rainy day? Sleet on the road? Whay should I care!? The signs say 110kph so I'll do at least that!"

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Salaman 5 Dec 2012 09:54:58 19,602 posts
    Seen 10 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah I was also thinking tab = card behind the bar, so no point in trying to do a runner.
  • Salaman 5 Dec 2012 09:55:58 19,602 posts
    Seen 10 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Madder-Max wrote:
    After tonight I hate wanking
    Don't take your work home with you though. You should still be able to crack one off when you get home.
  • Deleted user 5 December 2012 17:57:04
    This is a retarded pet hate, but people who don't comprehend that the "first day of Christmas" from the song is Christmas Day. Today is not the day of "five gold rings".
  • Bremenacht 5 Dec 2012 18:00:11 19,663 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Canon.
  • Page

of 35 First / Last