Turok 360

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous
  • Beats 25 Jan 2007 17:03:12 303 posts
    Registered 8 years ago
    The screenshots look pretty good.

I just hope this is a lot better than the one that came out for the PS2 a few years back.
    A remake of the N64 original would be nice.
  • nickthegun 25 Jan 2007 17:09:09 60,993 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    As long as I dont have to buy a memory expansion to play it...

Also the cerebral bore would be funny online.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• spindizzy 25 Jan 2007 17:17:59 6,569 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    As long as I dont have to buy a memory expansion to play it...

Also the pseudo-cerebral bore would be funny online.

You want to play rotj online?

0_o
  • nickthegun 25 Jan 2007 17:20:05 60,993 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I dunno. Ive got him on ignore so it would be pretty difficult.

• Beats 25 Jan 2007 17:22:26 303 posts
    Registered 8 years ago
    I predict a 6/10 for this game. TBH, the only game I'm really, really looking forward to on the 360 is Halo 3.
  • GuiltySpark 25 Jan 2007 17:22:36 6,459 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Why does rotj feel the need to list those goddamn games in every fucking thread?

Get bent.

• UncleLou Moderator 25 Jan 2007 17:23:07 35,791 posts
    Seen 8 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'd like to see a single post from rotj without a bloody list of games.

edit:
    Heh. :p

Edited by UncleLou at 17:23:36 25-01-2007
  • fergal_oc 25 Jan 2007 17:23:10 2,764 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Don't you think that now we're reaching ever closer to photo realism we'll reach a point where all games look the same?

Up until now games devs have been using all sorts of tricks to make their games look good knowing full well that they'll never look real. But now all games look the same and I'm sure that I'll quickly bore of it all...
  • Beats 25 Jan 2007 17:25:21 303 posts
    Registered 8 years ago
    Whatever happened to Timeshift on the 360? The demo was alright and would probably be one that I'd pick up if I saw it for £20 or less.

• nickthegun 25 Jan 2007 17:26:29 60,993 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    Why does rotj feel the need to list those goddamn games in every fucking thread?

Hence the reason ignore was clicked. If I wanted to read endless lists of games that havent been released yet I would go to google.

How the fuck can he have got a game list into a turok thread?

Edit: Dont answer that.

Edited by nickthegun at 17:27:10 25-01-2007

• Jmek 25 Jan 2007 17:45:52 1,355 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mmmmmn cerebral bore.....!!!

Fingers crossed this'll be good.
  • morriss 25 Jan 2007 17:47:56 71,283 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Round and round we go....
  • sanctusmortis 25 Jan 2007 18:13:43 9,706 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I loved Turok 2. This could be damn good.
  • Machetazo 11 Feb 2007 09:50:34 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    sanctusmortis wrote:
    I loved Turok 2. This could be damn good.
    Yeah, Seeds of Evil was IT. Taking nothing away from Goldeneye, but for me, T2 was the shooter on Nintendo 64 (especially true after declining the prospect of a fifteenth/fiftieth do-over on Control, 00 Agent!)

But, it took what was in Turok:DH, and it evolved it. Yes, there were changes, but that game had a great variety, and the futuristic angle (where you'd jump onto a platform atop a void in a space/time rip to serve as a level hub) really helped the game out. It allowed that change, without it being a case of change, because.
    (Perfect Dark/Turok 2...The inner gaming nostalgist says: "Turok 2".)

What's the likelihood of a re-release of Turok 2 on Arcade/equivalent?

Anyway, I've spotted that Games Radar has a new article up on ten reasons why this new Turok could be rather good. :)

Edited by Machetazo at 10:15:23 11-02-2007
  • Der_tolle_Emil 11 Feb 2007 10:03:16 7,301 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I really enjoyed the first Turok. The jumping parts were a bit meh but the rest of game was great.

Turok 2 was great too although I was not all to happy about the futuristic levels at the end. All in all it was a great game though, but I missed the feeling of beeing lost in the jungle with all the fog and a lot of things looking the same.

Also quite fun was Turok 3, the arena like game with no real singleplayer. Multiplayer was really fun.

Turok Evolution though was disappointing. But I am interested in a new one, no doubt.
  • Deleted user 11 February 2007 10:43:22
    fergal_oc wrote:
    Don't you think that now we're reaching ever closer to photo realism we'll reach a point where all games look the same?

Not at all. Do all films look the same? Strong art direction will still mark a game out and there's still plenty of that about, and it's hardly like more abstract looking games have disappeared entirely - just look at Okami.
  • ~magicool~ 8 May 2007 19:55:36 99 posts
    Registered 8 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Furbs 14 Jun 2007 22:45:51 45,699 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    /has free tickets to the other place available at his email addy.

Cunts get banned at the door.
  • J.C 6 Dec 2007 10:08:02 1,271 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Turok 2 seeds of evil. highly regarded as the best turok in the series. its no secret, that turok evolution was utter crud. now we have a new turok, new developers new ideas right? wrong.
    My first impressions of this, reminded me of failed FPS area 51 blacksite, and the generic but mildly entertaining timeshift. now i know fuck all about games development, but it does not take a genius to see that the developers have created another bland boring generic UE 3 powered turd. that looks so far removed from the original turok universe. we have so many great FPS games on the 360,
    do we really need this? this game could be great, but not in its current form. i just know this will bomb at retail, and i think the publishers should think twice before putting this on the shelves. i really think they should consider giving this another year, and maybe take some inspiration from the original turok games.
  • Quint2020 6 Dec 2007 10:17:36 3,484 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Completely dynamic dinosaurs roaming around that will attack whoever they please and can be used to your advantage? that doesn’t sound very generic to me.

Game looks pretty awesome in my opinion.
  • Der_tolle_Emil 6 Dec 2007 10:19:44 7,301 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Turok 2 was fun although I enjoyed the setting of the first a lot more. The fun of the 2nd was also severely less appearent because my saves got wiped all the time.

I am actually looking forward to this. Turok Evolution was pretty bad and I'm not too sure about this new title either but I think there's still some appeal to the Turok franchise. I would still prefer something in the likes of Turok 1 with huge, open levels where you get lost a lot. I doubt this game will have such a level design, but I really enjoyed that. The atmosphere was so much better because of the non linear levels.
  • Quint2020 6 Dec 2007 10:21:21 3,484 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Der_tolle_Emil wrote:
    I would still prefer something in the likes of Turok 1 with huge, open levels where you get lost a lot. I doubt this game will have such a level design, but I really enjoyed that. The atmosphere was so much better because of the non linear levels.

Actually this game is looking to have very large open areas to explore, think far cry kind of stuff.
  • J.C 6 Dec 2007 10:23:01 1,271 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Quint2020 wrote:
    Completely dynamic dinosaurs roaming around that will attack whoever they please and can be used to your advantage? that doesn’t sound very generic to me.

Game looks pretty awesome in my opinion.
    But it just looks so meh! GOW looking marines, running around with BFG's its got generic written all over it.

6/10
  • Quint2020 6 Dec 2007 10:28:35 3,484 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    J.C wrote:
    But it just looks so meh! GOW looking marines, running around with BFG's its got generic written all over it.

6/10

Granted the character models look pretty generic, can't say that particularly bothers me though to be honest, weapons look fun enough (duel pistols ftw), I just think a lot of the gameplay ideas look very good, the whole 3rd person thing they've got going on when a dinosaur sneaks up and attacks you is one good example, that shit just looks fun.

Also knives >:D
  • Machetazo 8 Dec 2007 14:54:11 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gamersyde have posted the latest in the Gamersyde Diaries series, and aptly, it's all about Turok. I wish they'd been able to include in-game BGM along with the footage, not just placeholder.

This doesn't seem to me, to be Turok. The scale's all wrong. The presenters comment that the indoors levels suffer from being too linear, and generic in appearance, but the outdoors seems to be limited, plus there doesn't appear to be any kind of hunting here. It just looks to play like a regular FPS :(
    The dinosaurs do not seem to be creatures that you stalk, and track. Critically, there appears to be little tension. (I will be so seriously cross if the player starts the game with a freaking automatic rifle! >:( )

The presenters mentioned at one stage, that the dinosaurs were just like human soldiers, only more brutal, and far more swift in closing distance towards you. The soldiers, at times, appear to be simply deficient, in how they don't respond to being fired upon at range - classic example was shown of one guy being utterly non-plussed, whilst his friend drops dead right next to him.
    There's still two months till it's out (so final polish won't have been applied) and the demo's due in the new year, so we'll be able to see how it performs, then.
  • phAge 8 Dec 2007 15:02:25 24,412 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Machetazo wrote:
    ... plus there doesn't appear to be any kind of hunting here.
    I'd *HEART* a proper dino-hunting game, where your most powerful weapon would be a scoped rifle (with limited ammo), and you really had to sneak up on your prey, before tagging him with an arrow through the lungs, or even luring poor Mr. Dino into a trap you'd set up earlier, and baited with a lesser lizard. The physics and Havok would be awesome, so you could cripple a big dino with several arrows/blows to the legs, and then get up close and personal and take it out with a knife.

Oh well - I suppose Unreal Dinoment is just as good. :[
  • johnlenham 8 Dec 2007 16:57:05 4,000 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    phAge wrote:
    Machetazo wrote:
    I'd *HEART* a proper dino-hunting game, where your most powerful weapon would be a scoped rifle (with limited ammo), and you really had to sneak up on your prey, before tagging him with an arrow through the lungs, or even luring poor Mr. Dino into a trap you'd set up earlier, and baited with a lesser lizard. The physics and Havok would be awesome, so you could cripple a big dino with several arrows/blows to the legs, and then get up close and personal and take it out with a knife.

Oh well - I suppose Unreal Dinoment is just as good. :[

There was a game like this on the PC, you got to hunt like Raptors and triceratops and all that jazz cant for the life of me rememer the name of it though.
  • SuperZ 8 Dec 2007 17:52:37 1,018 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    phAge wrote:
    I remember how excited I was when I saw the first footage of Monster Hunter and it looked just like that kind of game. Shame (for me) it turned out to be something that didn't hold my interest.
  • Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous