Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Man that rocks /wants
  • djchump 9 Jan 2007 20:13:50 4,463 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Yup. It has one. Read more.
    Sweeeet! I missed that in my "shiny fever" gadget-lust.

Well, I guess I now officially want one. Better start saving up I guess :-(
  • bunglebonce 9 Jan 2007 20:14:39 2,132 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    deem wrote:
    I've had quite a few Windows Mobile phones, and I've never got within a mile of getting 5 hours talk time out of them.

Infact, I've barely got through a day without the heaps of shit running out of batteries.

I just hope Apple let you turn it off - unlike the Windows mobiles.

Sitting on a train watching your juice run out and not being able to do anything about it FTUL.

Indeed, I have the MDA Pro/O2 Exec just now.

I'm due for an upgrade in December, so if I could get this with T Mobile's Web N Walk package I'd be in heaven.

Edited by bunglebonce at 20:15:13 09-01-2007

PSN ID: erniewhatbert

• Deleted user 9 January 2007 20:15:34
    I need one of these. Now.
  • djchump 9 Jan 2007 20:19:51 4,463 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    deathgibbon wrote:
    I need one of these. Now.
    Nurse! 50CCs of iPhone, STAT!
    Begin wallet compressions!
  • Psychotext 9 Jan 2007 20:21:59 54,206 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    wopr-lower-case wrote:
    It has a 2MP camera on the back.
    That's kinda low. = /
  • Micro_Explosion 9 Jan 2007 20:27:02 9,695 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I notice it hasn't been put in the same section as the iPods so it isn't a replacement (short term). I want to place a bet on the next iPod using a similar interface.

Is it scratch proof???

• Lyingarden 9 Jan 2007 20:28:30 358 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    These look fooking ace! Bet the pricetag isn't as appealing though...
  • bainbrge 9 Jan 2007 20:39:40 1,687 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Gremmi wrote:
    As long as it's compatible with something other than Windows iTunes. Horrible software, it is.

Lovely and nice on OSX, though.

this gets me every time, I know it shouldn't, but I obviously have an empty life:

ITS EXACTLY THE SAME ON EITHER OS EXCEPT THE OS X VERSION SCROLLS BETTER, I HAVE BOTH AND KNOW OF WHAT I SPEAK.

more pertinently, unless I've missed something in the photos, do you think the lack of a flip cover is a sop to the accessories manufacturers? I'd actually avoid using an item that needed a cover or holster, too much faff.
  • Deleted user 9 January 2007 20:40:00
    Whilst there will inevitably be some drawbacks, I have to say that looks completely awesome! It's obviously been coming for some time but it just does so many of the things I'd want that I'm going to be sorely tempted when it turns up over here; I'm sick of the crappy, unusable interfaces on every phone I've ever had, I'm sick of having to carry my mobile and my iPod when I go out, and it'd be great to keep the address book on my laptop synced with the one on my phone because I use both a lot more for work numbers and stuff now.

Likely to be - what? 3-400 quid over here? With an unknown tariff that probably won't offer much in the way of discounts? Expensive stuff, and as I said, I'm sure it'll have some flaws, but still, if it is currently slated for a Q4 release, possible Christmas present material? Oh yes.
  • Jeepers 9 Jan 2007 20:45:46 13,181 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nekotcha wrote:
    Whilst there will inevitably be some drawbacks, I have to say that looks completely awesome! It's obviously been coming for some time but it just does so many of the things I'd want that I'm going to be sorely tempted when it turns up over here; I'm sick of the crappy, unusable interfaces on every phone I've ever had, I'm sick of having to carry my mobile and my iPod when I go out, and it'd be great to keep the address book on my laptop synced with the one on my phone because I use both a lot more for work numbers and stuff now.

Likely to be - what? 3-400 quid over here? With an unknown tariff that probably won't offer much in the way of discounts? Expensive stuff, and as I said, I'm sure it'll have some flaws, but still, if it is currently slated for a Q4 release, possible Christmas present material? Oh yes.

I was just reading another forum and - for info - Cingular in the States charge $35 p/month for unlimited data transfer and $35 to allow you to use the device as a modem for your laptop. I don't know what similar packages for existing smart 'phones go for in the UK - I've avoided 3g so far for the crappy handsets, shitty interface and crappy battery life: it looks like the iPhone addresses at least two of those complaints.

Now if I can convince our accountant that this is a work 'phone, I'm in.
  • Deleted user 9 January 2007 20:54:27
    It's the interface more than anything else that attracts me, I think. I'm just so sick of the atrocious useability of even modern mobiles; I've had at least about eight mobiles over the last ten years over about four or five different manufacturers and they have all bar none had atrocious interfaces. Even the best had some pretty glaringly annoying flaws.

Genuinely, even if it was only a phone with an interface I could use I'd be interested, the rest of the stuff on top of that pretty much seals the deal.
  • wopr-lower-case 9 Jan 2007 20:55:00 2,198 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    iPhone Dimensions:
    4.5 x 2.4 x 0.46 inches / 115 x 61 x 11.6mm

I think my Nokia 6680 is too big, and the iPhone is quite a bit bigger still. It may be thin but people are going to be shocked by the size of it when they hold one I think. Hmmm. Plus it will need a case too...
  • cubbymoore 9 Jan 2007 20:58:27 36,496 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Can't wait to mug someone with one.
  • deem 9 Jan 2007 20:59:06 31,641 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post deleted
  • cubbymoore 9 Jan 2007 20:59:57 36,496 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That too.
  • Deleted user 9 January 2007 21:05:18
    wopr-lower-case wrote:
    iPhone Dimensions:
    4.5 x 2.4 x 0.46 inches / 115 x 61 x 11.6mm

I think my Nokia 6680 is too big, and the iPhone is quite a bit bigger still. It may be thin but people are going to be shocked by the size of it when they hold one I think. Hmmm. Plus it will need a case too...

I dunno. If it replaces both my phone and my iPod I think the size starts to look a bit more reasonable. Plus to be honest I dunno if it's my hands getting arthritic in my old age or what but I've started to find the smaller mobiles really fiddly to type on recently - I actually upgraded to a bigger phone last time to try and make it easier. O_o
  • Gori 9 Jan 2007 21:06:30 525 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Jeepers wrote:
    Now if I can convince our accountant that this is a work 'phone, I'm in.

That shouldn't really be a problem, now should it?
  • bunglebonce 9 Jan 2007 21:09:20 2,132 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    T Mobile has a Web N Walk package for 7.50 on top of your regular contract. Unlimited (well, about 2gb/month and reasonable use) data. It's brill, I couldn't imagine going back to O2's pathetic data rates.

PSN ID: erniewhatbert

• Deleted user 9 January 2007 21:46:56
    otto wrote:
    nekotcha wrote:
    I dunno. If it replaces both my phone and my iPod I think the size starts to look a bit more reasonable. Plus to be honest I dunno if it's my hands getting arthritic in my old age or what but I've started to find the smaller mobiles really fiddly to type on recently - I actually upgraded to a bigger phone last time to try and make it easier. O_o
    Agreed on phone size. But I can't see this as an iPod replacement. The whole point of an iPod is to carry your whole music collection around with you, isn't it? This is an iPod Nano replacement.

Obviously, it depends on the market. This seems to be aiming for people who'll listen to music on the side and don't have a massive collection to put on it (i.e. the casual user i.e. me). 8GB seems to do the job there really.
  • Carlo 9 Jan 2007 21:52:26 18,059 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Holy shit! I gotta get one of these!!!!

PSN ID: Djini

• El_MUERkO 9 Jan 2007 22:33:47 17,031 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    there are no fanboys for stuff this cool
  • Razz 9 Jan 2007 22:46:01 61,205 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    WiFi internet access! O_O

SOLD!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• BurnoutJunkie 9 Jan 2007 22:46:24 716 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This better not be exclusive to one mobile operator like it is in the US. My upgrade is coming in March but I'll hold out till this is released.
  • Deleted user 9 January 2007 22:47:11
    Wow I really want one of these! I lost my K750i and nearly bought a d900. Luckily my phone turned up so I'm going to wait for this. I wonder what networks over here are going to pick it up?
  • wopr-lower-case 9 Jan 2007 22:49:13 2,198 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I wonder what the competion will do in the time until it launches? (apart from shit bricks).
  • Razz 9 Jan 2007 23:00:53 61,205 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's going to kill the compeition over here. Absolutely kill it. If it comes out by November/December it'll be this chrismas's must have item.

• gamingdave 9 Jan 2007 23:02:07 4,235 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Looking at it now I have no need. My phone is small enough, and has a better camera. My MP3 player is small enough and has a much bigger memory. I dont really need to have photos on the move, though the interface does look very cool.

If it could replace my MP3 player (Creative Vision M) and my phone, and be better than both, and was 300 id probably buy one. But I dont really have need for mobile browsing, through work or home ive always got net access and im not really that bothered on the move. Google maps with integrated search and phone numbers could be very cool but not cool enough to shell out that sort of money.

I use my mobile for a few calls, a few texts and a few snaps. Not a major user so maybe im not the target market, but for this to be a big success I think it needs to be much higher capacity and priced close to iPods, ie a 60GB model should be maybe 50 more than the 60GB iPod.

Over all though, wether I want one or not, the touch screen looks very cool. The dual touch tech is nice to see. No sure how long it would last in a pocket though.
  • Gori 9 Jan 2007 23:05:35 525 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    It's going to kill the compeition over here. Absolutely kill it. If it comes out by November/December it'll be this chrismas's must have item.

It's much too expensive to be a must have item.

Oh, and did anyone see the back?
  • Razz 9 Jan 2007 23:24:18 61,205 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    How much is it then? Do you know when it likely to be released?

Edited by Razz at 23:24:44 09-01-2007

• Page

of 226 First / Last