Free Wii Points anywhere?

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • rprince 19 Dec 2006 00:50:09 151 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just wondering if there's any way of getting free Wii points?

I've seen a few websites saying they got free Wii points with the Classic Controller - has anyone seen this in the UK?

Any idea when we'll be able to convert stars into points? Or can we already and I've just missed it?

Finally, were there any free Wii points with the console or games as an incentive to get online? I may have missed some of the paperwork in the box in a rush to get playing :D

Cheers,
    Rikki
  • BartonFink 19 Dec 2006 01:05:04 34,853 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Bought a classic controller yesterday and no points. zip. zero. zilch. nada.
  • sillygilly 19 Dec 2006 01:07:13 18 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    same here, nada for the controller
  • mderbyshire 19 Dec 2006 01:08:29 81 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hi,

No way of getting free Wii points that I know of, unless you rob some points cards from a store :-)

I for one haven't received Wii points (or were you referring to star points?) with the classic controller, and haven't heared from anyone who has.

As far as I know, there has been no word yet from Nintendo on when they'll be letting you convert stars to points, or indeed when you'll be awarded your stars from Virtual Console purchases.

Again, I don't believe Nintendo have given any Wii points with the purchase of the console or other hardware. Stars, yes; Wii points, no. However, given that they've announced you can convert Stars to Wii points shortly, I guess you could say that you indirectly received Wii points with the purchase of the console / other hardware... although how many points 750 stars (or however many you might have, for that matter) will "buy" you, we just don't know :-)

Edited by mderbyshire at 01:09:08 19-12-2006
  • rprince 19 Dec 2006 01:41:34 151 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cheers for all the prompt replies. I was going to buy a classic controller to get some points as well, but I may as well use my Wavebird for the time being and save my money for buying Wii points.

Unless the CC is really cool and well worth buying?

Has anyone notices that 1000 (I think) points costs 6.99, while 2000 costs 14 and 3000 costs 21. Or did I misread last time I went on to the Wii shop? So basically it costs 2-3p more to buy in bulk. Smart going!
  • HitchHiker 18 Apr 2007 02:45:07 2,771 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    cyee wrote:
    http://www.gaminglagoon.com/?ref=43273

In order to participate in our site you MUST be in the USA or Canada. This means your COMPUTER must also be in the USA or Canada connected to the internet in the USA or Canada.

:(

Hitch.
  • neilka 3 Apr 2013 22:00:59 15,859 posts
    Seen 41 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Are you anthonypappa's thicker cousin?

A map is like comparing velocity and speed.

• speedofthepuma 3 Apr 2013 22:06:00 13,285 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nah, he's like anthonypappa, but riddled with STIs

I lurk. If I've spoken to you, I'm either impassioned, or drunk.

• Page

of 1

Previous Next