Wisdom teeth Page 4

• Page

of 6 First / Last

• Genji 27 Mar 2010 10:35:06 19,687 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I had a root canal operation yesterday. It bloody took an hour and a half, and I have to go back again soon! ;_;
  • RetardStrong 27 Mar 2010 10:43:45 3,229 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Remind me again why we don't all get titanium teeth jaws style?
  • andijames 31 Mar 2010 16:53:40 2,838 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Is it normal to still feel crappy 5 days after having the buggers out? I feel like a complete space head at the moment and my gums are still really swollen. Saying that they had to cut open my bottom gums to get the bottom teeth out so i guess it may take a while!

vivir el momento

• kentmonkey 4 Nov 2010 22:37:16 20,878 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Had a wisdom tooth and the tooth next to it taken out three weeks ago but now the swelling is (finally) going down, I've got two very sharp bits digging out of my gum. They're not quite enough to erupt through the gum, but one in particular is very close (I can feel it if I dig my nail into the gum). Both are around the edge of the extraction. They're not loose - they don't move when pushed.

If anyone has had wisdom teeth out on here, did you experience anything similar? And if so did they round off naturally, or did you have to have something done.

The one furthest to the back is scraping across my cheek and causing that to swell up.
  • Jeepers 4 Nov 2010 22:39:30 13,239 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've had two (of the horrible little fuckers) removed - never had the symptoms you're describing. I'd give your dentist a call and tell him it doesn't feel right. On a brighter note, it might just be that the gum and jawbone might still be a little sensitive - a kind of phantom sensation, maybe?

Good luck. Wisdom teeth suck balls.
  • kentmonkey 4 Nov 2010 22:44:26 20,878 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Definitely sharp. When I put my finger on it, it's about as sharp as the tip of a nail (as in a hammer and nail, not a finger nail). It's very sharp. It's also quite a bit lump.
  • Jeepers 4 Nov 2010 23:11:00 13,239 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ouch. Get yourself to a dentist I reckon. When I had mine pulled there was nothing left of the tooth at all - yours don't sound right :)
  • mrpon 4 Nov 2010 23:13:56 29,427 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Jeepers wrote:
    Get yourself to a dentist I reckon.
    You haven't lost any wisdom have you sir!

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• kentmonkey 4 Nov 2010 23:17:25 20,878 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Gonna phone them tomorrow. A quick google suggests that the socket may have broken, and that shards of bone are protruding. Self-diagnosis is always dangerous, but it does look and feel exactly like they have described. Happy days.
  • spamdangled 4 Nov 2010 23:20:40 27,426 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I had no pain at all when mine came through - I didn't even notice they were there until months later! However, apparently my mouth is too small for all my teeth, so when they came through they put pressure on my other teeth and two of my molars basically cracked under the pressure (so boo! for wisdom teeth).
    Whenever I have toothache though, I find that adding some whiskey to a warm lemsip and swilling it around my mouth helps a great deal. So does clove oil, but that shit tastes nasty.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Jeepers 4 Nov 2010 23:24:10 13,239 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    Jeepers wrote:
    Get yourself to a dentist I reckon.
    You haven't lost any wisdom have you sir!

It's why I earns the big bucks!
  • kentmonkey 4 Nov 2010 23:24:29 20,878 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Exactly what happend to me darkmorgado. The tooth next to it cracked under pressure, and I had to have both teeth removed. Got to have the other wisdom tooth out on the other side of my face in a few weeks as well. They wouldn't do both at the same time! :o(
  • spamdangled 4 Nov 2010 23:57:36 27,426 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @kentmonkey

I can't even get a dentist where I live now :-(. Even if I could, I doubt I would be able to afford the prices.

I wish dentistry was fully covered under the NHS.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• kentmonkey 5 Nov 2010 14:13:45 20,878 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It was a piece of jaw bone that had broken off. About 1cm long, very thin, and very sharp. Had to cut the gum open to get it out, but it's all done now. \o/
  • Bremenacht 5 Nov 2010 14:30:14 19,393 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ow. Painful.
  • kentmonkey 5 Nov 2010 14:32:12 20,878 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Not so much actually. It's alright. Just managed to eat a full lunch. Yum! :o)
  • kentmonkey 16 Jan 2011 18:30:16 20,878 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Had the one on the other side done two weeks ago (it couldn't be removed as my sinus has collapsed above the tooth, and the tooth next to it had very very slight decay, so they drilled the tooth down next to it and filled it so that the wisdom tooth could grow through properly) but they I've gone from having no pain whatsoever to excruciating pain whenever I eat anything hot or cold. This isn't just sensitive teeth pain, this is FUCKING HELL pain. Considering the jaw bone story above didn't really hurt that much, I think you can probably gather quite how much this is therefore hurting me.

I've gone back to see him and he thinks it made be root canal and I've got to go back next week (this coming week - probably Wed/Thurs) to be investigated further as the antibiotics he has put me on just to rule out infection haven't worked.

Has anyone else had complications after a filling before? I'm wondering whether it just needs to be redone, rather than root canal treatment, as the decay barely showed up on the x-ray and I can't understand why I'm now in such tremondous pain. Eating is suddenly a real chore.

I've never had pain like it. And I've torn three knee ligaments in one go. So I know what pain feels like.
  • DUFFMAN5 16 Jan 2011 18:33:01 15,223 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I have my 2 lower ones being removed end of the month. Im going to the hospital and getting "knocked out" due to having...and don't laugh Gag reflex!
    Not really looking forward to it, but onward and upward.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• monkehhh 16 Jan 2011 19:12:36 3,477 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm getting all 4 out in a couple of weeks (and some others) - getting knocked out because I think I'd cry like a girl if I was awake :)
  • Fonzie 16 Jan 2011 20:03:14 1,872 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    Had a wisdom tooth and the tooth next to it taken out three weeks ago but now the swelling is (finally) going down, I've got two very sharp bits digging out of my gum. They're not quite enough to erupt through the gum, but one in particular is very close (I can feel it if I dig my nail into the gum). Both are around the edge of the extraction. They're not loose - they don't move when pushed.

If anyone has had wisdom teeth out on here, did you experience anything similar? And if so did they round off naturally, or did you have to have something done.

The one furthest to the back is scraping across my cheek and causing that to swell up.

Hi Kentmonkey. I work in the field of dentistry and that sounds like a bit of bone that you can feel there. Go see the dentist and if it is bone it can be smoothed off quite easily. Its a common procedure and would normally be done under a local anaesthetic.
  • kentmonkey 16 Jan 2011 20:29:54 20,878 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hi Fonzie.

Although a few months late ;op it was indeed a bit of bone. I ended up having two small ops done to have the bone removed and smoothed down.

Any idea on my most recent post? The one about the excrutiating pain (I feel like putting excruciating in bold) after a filling.
  • Fonzie 16 Jan 2011 20:56:08 1,872 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    Hi Fonzie.

Although a few months late ;op it was indeed a bit of bone. I ended up having two small ops done to have the bone removed and smoothed down.

Any idea on my most recent post? The one about the excrutiating pain (I feel like putting excruciating in bold) after a filling.

The only things that spring to mind are that either the tooth still has some decay in it that wasn't cleaned out properly before the filling was done or if it's extreme pain, there could be an absess under the tooth due to the level if decay in the tooth. If it is an absess then you would need a course of antibiotics to clear it up before it gets really bad. Best thing would be to see your dentist asap.
  • kentmonkey 16 Jan 2011 20:59:55 20,878 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    On antibiotics (5th day) but no improvement, much worse actually. He's saying probably root-canal treatment required. I'm wondering about just getting the filling done again.
  • Fonzie 16 Jan 2011 21:07:35 1,872 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If root canal treatment is required then that basically means that the tooth has died. The filling would have been done in an attempt to prevent this happening but it doesn't always work. Re-doing the filling won't work. Root canal treatment will be an atempt at keeping the tooth in the mouth. The root will be removed and the tooth cleaned inside before being totally filled. Will involve about 3 or 4 visits to your dentist so quite a lengthy treatment plan.
  • kentmonkey 16 Jan 2011 21:09:34 20,878 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My wallet is now in more pain than my mouth.
  • Fonzie 16 Jan 2011 21:26:32 1,872 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The treatment itself shouldn't cause you any pain now that the tooth is dead.
  • mal 16 Jan 2011 23:44:17 22,793 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You say it mainly happens when you have something hot or cold. That's odd, and not being a medical professional, not something I can explain. But do you mean it happens when you drink a drink (hot or cold)? I wonder if it's something to do with the liquid entering the problem area in a way that food is unlikely to?

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• kentmonkey 16 Jan 2011 23:54:55 20,878 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Food and drink mal.

The pain I had earlier was unlike any I've ever experienced. It sounds melodramatic, but fuck me it hurt. I've had an abscess and I know what that feels like. That's nothing. I'm not typically a squeamish person and not a baby when it comes to pain. It's why I can't understand quite why it's hurting so damn much (for about an hour to two hours after eating) when I had no pain before.

I'll get it checked again this week sometime (whenever I can get some time off of work), and it'll prob be root-canal, which I've had before so know what to expect, but I was just hoping it would be just a case of redoing the filling. :o(
  • DUFFMAN5 31 Jan 2011 09:18:54 15,223 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My turn chaps

I'm having the 2 lower ones ripped out (due to the fact they are running along/under the gum line, it looks horrible on the xray) I will report back later...if I pull through

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• LionheartDJH 31 Jan 2011 09:49:06 19,525 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ouch :(. Hope it goes okay with a minimum of pain Duff!

She dives for cheese pasties

• Page

of 6 First / Last