Amazon delivery - gone to the dogs? Page 10

• Page

of 14 First / Last

• X201 13 Feb 2013 22:57:13 14,698 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    @Ultrasoundwave Who did Amazon UK use for delivery?

Royal Mail are generally very good nowadays.
    They use Royal mail for small things like DVDs. They use Yodel for anything larger and I think they still use CityLink for anything that needs to be signed for or thrown in the general vicinity of your house.
  • Folant 8 Mar 2013 13:42:13 1,143 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    bump

Anyone use Amazon's gift thing?

Is there a way to send multiple items as the same gift? Or am I stuck paying the 3 for each individual item?

Nothing I found on the FAQ helps and while it might be weak, my google-fu isn't much help either.

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• YenRug 8 Mar 2013 22:28:21 1,756 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Folant Just checked, gift wrapping is 3.05 per item, but you can choose individually for all items in a basket. If you just want to hide the price on the enclosed paperwork, choose gift options and there's a checkbox to hide them, but again has to be chosen individually.
  • Folant 8 Mar 2013 22:43:15 1,143 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah, figured as much.
    Would have been nice to have an option to have the whole contents gift wrapped as a single package, but eh, some shiny paper and cheap ribbon aren't that important enough to spend 3 on each item when there's a whole bunch of them. Gift will (one hopes) be appreciated wrapped or no.

Cheers fella!

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• Psychotext 14 Mar 2013 15:07:18 52,797 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fucking cunts at Yodel. I'm in the fucking house, no music on and somehow they've managed to "miss me".

God I fucking hate them so much.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 14 Mar 2013 15:12:14 9,531 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Psychotext Search Yodel on Twitter and message them, they'll get on it.

Yodel are useless. Their depot in Hayes couldn't get my package ten miles away to my home address. So it went back to the retailer who had to refund me.
  • Psychotext 14 Mar 2013 15:33:04 52,797 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hilarious thing is that today I've had parcels come from...

Royal Mail
    Parcelforce
    DPD
    City Link
    UPS
    ...and Yodel.

Shouldn't be surprised, I really shouldn't.
  • SClaw 30 Mar 2013 20:23:28 826 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Arghhh... RAGE!

Pre-ordered something in the middle of last year, released a couple of weeks ago... doesn't turn up on release day, or a couple of days later. I rage at Amazon a bit and they agree to send me another one if it doesn't turn up in the next couple of days (why did I accept that???). And lo... it does not turn up, so they send me another. Fine. And now that's not turned up.

Despite this being a long standing pre-order (you'd think they'd try to get those right), I'd be cool about it if we hadn't had about ten other Amazon deliveries to the house (family members abusing Prime rights) this week through every possible method. I just don't think they've actually got this thing to send.

Honestly. Bunch of dick bags.
  • elvenscroll 4 May 2013 07:41:25 1,344 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sigh. You would have thought I'd have learnt by now. Guaranteed delivery for today apparently, yet tracking states in arrived at the Royal Mail national hub and is currently being processed.

It's been there since 8 last night, so I guess my new toy won't be here for the long weekend.

Edited by elvenscroll at 07:41:52 04-05-2013

NNID/PSN - Chipworm

• Deleted user 4 May 2013 08:22:15
    Tracking is often way out. It might still make it.
  • elvenscroll 4 May 2013 12:54:45 1,344 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    03-MAY-2013 19:14 Outward RDC Volumetric Acceptance National Distribution Centre

What the fuck does that even mean? Bloody hell.

Edit:

I gave Amazon hell on live chat. They have sent another by express delivery, apparently it'll arrive by 1pm Tuesday.

Not sure how though, considering Monday is a bank holiday and presumably nothing will be collected. We shall see.

Edited by elvenscroll at 20:08:43 04-05-2013

NNID/PSN - Chipworm

• D_arkTrooper 5 May 2013 12:57:02 1,285 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nothing to do with delivery really but thought I'd dish out some praise to Amazon...

Bought a Sandisk 32gig micro-SD card for my S3 phone last September which became unusable (long story, but was a common problem etc. etc.) after a couple of months. Anyway, knowing it was out of the 30 day return window I kinda forgot about it until today. So on the off chance, I went on Amazons site and contacted their customer service dept and wrote a quick email telling them about the card failure blah blah blah.

Low and behold, within a few minutes Ive had an email back full of apologies and informing me they've dispatched a replacement already and that I can send the old dud card back free at no expense in the pre-paid envelope they've sent.

Absolute quality customer care. Shame more companies aren't up to Amazons standard.

3DS Friend Code : 5000-2484-1471

Animal Crossing alter ego: Andy from Stoke

• smugla 5 May 2013 14:29:10 2,018 posts
    Seen 20 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I guess if you don't pay tax THEN you get amazing customer service
  • SuperCoolEskimo 5 May 2013 14:46:04 9,531 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Proud to say I haven't used Amazon for over a year. Tax dodging cunts.
  • YenRug 8 May 2013 17:41:49 1,756 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @anthonypappa And now to point out that they're 1 over on e-buyer...

http://www.ebuyer.com/16484-belkin-cat5e-moulded-utp-crossover-cable-2m-f3x126b02m
  • YenRug 9 May 2013 12:05:37 1,756 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Could have sworn they had free delivery last time I bought something from them, wasn't something drastically expensive, either.
  • pistol 9 May 2013 12:53:02 13,019 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    YenRug wrote:
    Could have sworn they had free delivery last time I bought something from them, wasn't something drastically expensive, either.
    Some things qualify and some don't, I think.

Personally I've never had an issue with Amazon and always got my stuff within a reasonable time. Been using them for donkey's years.
  • mal 26 May 2013 11:22:22 21,979 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Bloody hell Amazon. First time I've ordered one of your 'add on item' items, and I selected 'group items in one delivery' yet you've still decided to split the delivery. Any guesses how they've split it? That's right, game and CD in one delivery, add-on item on its own in the second delivery.

/golf clap

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Kostabi 26 May 2013 11:43:49 4,668 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've long suspected the group items option is just a placebo. The other day I ordered three movies and one came via DPD and two via Royal Mail. I'm on Prime so the next day option alters it a little, but DPD for a 4 disc? Not entirely sure how they made a profit on that one.

Edited by Kostabi at 11:44:10 26-05-2013
  • mal 26 May 2013 11:46:46 21,979 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I suspect the point of the 'group items' option is mainly to ensure you can't select supersaver delivery without it, just to make it a little trickier to get free delivery, and ensuring a few thousand more people end up paying for first class.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Maturin 26 May 2013 12:00:07 2,735 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Kostabi wrote:
    I've long suspected the group items option is just a placebo. The other day I ordered three movies and one came via DPD and two via Royal Mail. I'm on Prime so the next day option alters it a little, but DPD for a 4 disc? Not entirely sure how they made a profit on that one.
    I live out in a West Dorset village not far from the Devon border. Yet a DPD van based in Bournemouth brought me a USB 3.0 cable yesterday. I assume this was part of his route anyway, because otherwise the delivery costs surely are higher than the item.
  • X201 26 May 2013 12:18:17 14,698 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Maturin wrote:
    because otherwise the delivery costs surely are higher than the item.
    Delivery is averaged out. The profit in one will cover the cost of another.
  • Pazie 23 Jun 2013 13:17:36 196 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I bought Animal Crossing 3DS game from Amazon by using my money in my trade-in account. My game never turned up and so I contacted Amazon about this which they replied I can't get a refund due to me using funds from my trade-in account balance. Also the cheeky gits want me to sign something for the Royal Mail in 15 days time so they can claim their losses back:confused:.

Anyone else had this problem with them. I'm never going to use their trade-in services again.
  • DFawkes 23 Jun 2013 14:06:09 22,063 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    When they say no refund, do they mean they won't even restore the credit? Even once they've got the Royal Mail thing back? Because that has to be dodgy, surely? I'm on my phone so can't look into it easily, but there has to be something in Distance Selling Regulations or Sale of Goods Act or some other thing.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Kostabi 23 Jun 2013 14:22:45 4,668 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Are they refusing to send a replacement out as well or just flat out saying no to a refund?
  • Pazie 23 Jun 2013 14:27:03 196 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    They wrote me a letter with this added to it....."I can also see that you have payed 27.00 GBP for this order using Promotional Gift Certificate. Please be informed that the amount payed using Promotional Gift Certificate cannot be refunded.

This is the bit about Royal Mail....."Your response is required for audit purposes with Royal Mail so that Amazon can claim the cost of the order for non-arrival. It is a requirement from Royal Mail that the recipient of the parcel confirms whether the original order was received.

There's no mention in the letter that they will send a replacement out to me.

Edited by Pazie at 14:28:28 23-06-2013
  • Kostabi 23 Jun 2013 15:36:54 4,668 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd send them a reply asking about a replacement if I were you, as the few times I've had stuff go walkies from the postman they've had another item in the mail to me within a few days.
  • Pazie 23 Jun 2013 15:48:28 196 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I will ask them for a replacement. I wrote to them this morning asking them how will I get my 27 back if no refund is given due to me using a gift card. I'm still waiting to hear back from them.
  • Page

of 14 First / Last