Amazon delivery - gone to the dogs? Page 6

• Page

of 16 First / Last

• repairmanjack 7 Nov 2012 10:14:19 6,042 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    My Yodel driver just throws the package at the door and fucks off.

Next time it happens I'll just say it didn't arrive. I'll keep saying it until they switch me to another courier.
    I've had three parcels from them dumped in the bin now. Last time I actually met the guy at the door. The box he brought was so wet that it fell open in my hands.

Thank God for shrinkwrap, because boardgames don't travel well like that.
  • Deleted user 7 November 2012 10:15:27
    And another city link parcel where they haven't even tried to deliver it or bother to leave a card.

Wonder what I can get out of amazon this time...
  • santashi 7 Nov 2012 10:16:19 5,136 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    These are some pretty bad stories. :eek:

I think Yodel were the ones who put my book order into a compost bin in heavy snow (and didn't even put a note through the door). Very soggy books discovered by chance a few days later.

Edited by santashi at 10:16:58 07-11-2012

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• brokenkey 7 Nov 2012 10:35:40 7,027 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yodel delivery = buy one/get one free.

3DS 3497-0122-1484
    XBL/PSN/NNID: CptnBrokenkey

• SClaw 7 Nov 2012 10:49:51 826 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I had a parcel go missing last month. This month I had a message from HDN saying my parcel is turning up between x and x… and then its own tracking confirms it’s not arriving for another two days after that. And don’t even get me started on Citylink who drive past the house and just decide whether you’re even in or not with psychic powers or something. Oh… and HDN signing for stuff, with my name apparently, then putting it under the mat or hiding it behind the bins (which is fine normally… but not with signed goods please!).

Royal Mail are no better, of course. I recall once when they left a parcel on the step in the rain, turning it into a pile of mushed up cardboard. And often my parcels are delivered not by a uniformed postie on his/her jolly bike/van but by some random guy in car… what the hell is with that? Are they subcontracting?

On the other hand… Amazon never cause a fuss about sending new stuff out. I remember when I had these same issues with Play a year or so ago I had a real game getting them to admit they were at fault and refund me for missing stuff.
  • Sponz 7 Nov 2012 11:02:27 648 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I ordered Halo 4 from Amazon UK last month. Now bear in mind that I do ask for shipment to Switzerland which isnt usually a problem, but this time they have really fucked up.

On the 5th Nov at 1353 I got an update to say that my parcel has shipped. I checked the UPS tracking number on the UPS site, and their tracking system stated "Label printed and awaiting pickup" - Its been sitting like that now for nearly 48 hours.

I called Amazon up last night speaking to an Irish chap who was very helpful and apologised. I then called this morning after noticing that there was still no update on the UPS system. The lies that the Indian bloke told me over the phone were unbelievable.

"The parcel is with UPS" - No its not, its not on their system
    "Please wait 2 days" -why? So that you then have to refund me?
    "Its Christnmas" - Where? Not where I am its fucking not.

I dont know who is worse. UPS or Amazon....
  • ZuluHero 7 Nov 2012 11:50:11 4,142 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    To put a positive spin on Amazon - I ordered Dark Souls for PC on Friday morning and it was with me on Monday.

That was bog-standard Free P&P that was quoting me thursday (tomorrow) as a Expected Delivery date.
  • Whizzo 7 Nov 2012 11:59:58 43,115 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Amazon are fine for me when not using HDNL/Yodel, if they are I groan inside and toss a coin, if it lands on its edge I'll get it when I'm supposed too.

I had a real go at them last week for using those arseclowns when they were trying to deliver my Hauppauge PVR to me at work. The address was correct, the building was occupied from earlier than when the item was on the van and until gone 20:00. HDNL said there was no-one there so they carded and returned to the depot. This is of course bullshit, they never left a card and I seriously doubt they even attempted delivery. I give Amazon both barrels and it turns up the following morning.

Left in an unoccupied reception area in my building, that's open to the public (I work in a hospital) and I only knew it had turned up when someone from another department brought it in because they thought it may walk.

I give Amazon both barrels again, reload and fire again. 130 quids worth of gear not signed for and just left. HDNL/Yodel are a bunch of cowboys and Amazon and everyone else that use them should ditch them, especially after that Watchdog report.

My copy of the Halo LE was sent to me from Amazon by DPD, it arrived 3 minutes into the one hour window that the email from them stated. I've always had good service when DPD has been involved.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Maturin 7 Nov 2012 13:27:36 2,989 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    DPD is excellent. I wish Amazon would use the company all the time.

When ordering from companies other than Amazon I always use one that sends via DPD - because the one hour window means you don't spend the day waiting,
  • mal 7 Nov 2012 13:49:19 22,522 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    DPD are a bit annoying if you miss them. You can ask for the item to be redelivered for free, but if you want a time any more specific than 7am-7pm then you have to pay extra. Plus, last time I arranged for something to be redelivered on a Friday with them, it went precisely nowhere on the Friday according to the tracker. It did turn up first thing on Saturday though, which usually costs extra, so I guess I can't complain too much. I was pretty pissed off at 7:05pm on the Friday though, when I tried to call up DPD and found out their office closed at 5.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Zomoniac 7 Nov 2012 14:01:47 7,827 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I love DPD. Asos use them and every time they text me a one-hour window the day before, then reconfirm it on delivery day, and they've never once been wrong.
  • Cadence 7 Nov 2012 14:41:39 1,687 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    DPD are the best courier I've used in the UK thats for sure. I can't understand how Yodel are the second biggest courier here. They are unbelievably bad.

Edited by Cadence at 14:42:01 07-11-2012
  • repairmanjack 8 Nov 2012 13:32:30 6,042 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DPD just knocked on the door and asked if I could take in a parcel for a neighbour. Nice chap; even had teeth.

Have stuffed the parcel in a rubbish bin. You know, for safety.
  • Psychotext 8 Nov 2012 14:07:49 54,163 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, I love DPD. I'd happily pay extra for Prime to have them.
  • Psychotext 8 Nov 2012 15:53:10 54,163 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ordered loads of items yesterday... nothing has shown up yet. I even checked to see if they'd been thrown at my door again.
  • Dougs 9 Nov 2012 20:10:40 67,622 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    DPD were always fine but recently have been subcontracting to interlink. Who seem to thik it's OK to go into my back garden and leave my parcel in my shed if I'm out. I'm sure they think they are helping but it's a massive invasion of privacy IMO.

Anyway, anyone know if amazon check whether lost parcels are ever delivered? CityLink lost a parcel for a few days, Amazon have sent a replacement and the original turned up today.....
  • Deleted user 9 November 2012 20:20:47
    City Link decided they don't have enough information to be able to deliver to my house. Strange because every other delivery company manages when they have the complete address.

There is no more address information.
  • Psychotext 9 Nov 2012 20:37:47 54,163 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Royal mail rocked up with my copy of Halo a day late. I know I should complain about it, but I can't be arsed.

I actually looked on their help site, found a link for "my parcel arrived late" and the page was not found... fuck it. =/
  • mal 9 Nov 2012 23:45:58 22,522 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I seem to have the opposite experience to most people here. Got something from Germany by UPS the other day. Got dispatched late on Wednesday, so I assumed it wouldn't be picked up till Thursday, then take a day or two to make it out of Germany, then spend two or three sitting around in customs, and finally a day or two to make it to my house - that's been my experience of ordering tech stuff from Germany in the past. So I was rather surprised to be greeted by a UPS delivery driver less than two days after dispatch on the Friday. Bonus points for it being a pretty girl with a nice smile too (the driver, that is, not the delivery, unfortunately).

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Tonka 14 Nov 2012 06:56:48 20,393 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    My camera is WHERE?

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Tonka 14 Nov 2012 11:46:15 20,393 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Heh, turns out that --- was amazon shorthand for "AT YOUR DOOR STUPID!"

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• kinky_mong 14 Nov 2012 12:32:43 10,265 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    I love DPD. Asos use them and every time they text me a one-hour window the day before, then reconfirm it on delivery day, and they've never once been wrong.
    I've got a lot of love for DPD as well. Ordered a new telly last week and they emailed me with the day of delivery almost straight away, and then sent a text and email on that day to give me an hour window when it would arrive. Even better the guy arrived right at the beginning of that hour, and even offered to help me carry the TV up stairs.

I wish every online company used them.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Deleted user 21 November 2012 22:14:49
    Now I can use collect+ so I thought I would give it a go.

One parcel claims to be delivered - the shop it was delivered to can't find it (and they can barely speak English. No my name is not Amy)
    The other parcel should have been delivered today, it wasn't.

I'm giving up on amazon completely for any physical delivery, it just isn't worth the hassle any more.
  • Deleted user 21 November 2012 22:17:51
    Oh it has just updated to tell me the second one was delivered at 9am today.

No it wasn't.
  • YenRug 22 Nov 2012 17:19:16 2,175 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Amazon dispatched my Collector's Edition of Blade Runner: Final Cut on Saturday, still no sign of it; even though there was a tracking code in the e-mail, there's not one listed on the website...

In the meantime, I bought a new keyboard and mouse from Ebuyer on Tuesday evening, selecting free 5 day shipping option, and it was waiting for me in work this morning.
  • Dougs 22 Nov 2012 17:25:36 67,622 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hermes driver left my father-in-law's new tablet in our green food waste bin. It was empty, but still.
  • elstoof 22 Nov 2012 17:28:25 7,270 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    DPD are great, They always send me a text telling me that "your driver, ADOLPH is scheduled to deliver your item between 14:00 and 16:00".
  • X201 22 Nov 2012 17:30:56 15,355 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    By way of contrast...

Ordered Times Atlas in sale yesterday. Chose free delivery. It arrived today via CityLink.
  • elvenscroll 23 Nov 2012 20:48:38 1,398 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ordered a Vita from Amazon and they sent it via HDNL. Never a good start. HDNL sent it to the wrong depot, and consistently failed to deliver it.

Amazon agreed to refund and asked HDNL to return the item.

3 weeks later, its turned up.

/o\

NNID/PSN - Chipworm

• Page

of 16 First / Last