Travelling... Page 8

• Page

of 9 First / Last

• twelveways 13 Apr 2013 11:22:58 3,869 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @joelstinton

Borneo.

Kota Kinabalu (KK) is a great little city with decent nightlife, fantastic food and some of the hottest girls I have ever seen in my life. Not too far away you have orang utan spotting, jungle trains and a fucking cool mountain hike. Loads of options for island hopping, white water rafting etc too.
  • Trafford 13 Apr 2013 11:26:19 5,641 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    Trafford wrote:
    I'm going to buy a rug
    Got the syrup ready for your trip yet Trafford?
    Heh, my barnet is the least of my worries.
  • Tonka 19 Apr 2013 07:35:13 20,025 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    YAY!

YAYAYAYAYAYAYA!

YAYAYA!

I'm going to Bejing for a week in early June to meet up with an old friend who lives there. I haven't been to china for three years now and I'm shitting myself with joy. My wife found a dirt cheap return ticket and said that if I promised to bring back a huge bag of snacks she would stay home with the kids.

So, a boys break in the big city. I'll be eating char till by ears pop and then fill up with dumpling and other dong bei goodness. Wash it down with that weak beer they drink over there. Harbin Piju all the way (maybe some Yenjing too and sure Tsingtao if nothing else is available)

I'll even have a bottle of Guiness in the Sandglass bar as I always do.

A day in 798 sipping espresso and oogling contemporary chinese art. A visit to my shrine in Bei hai.

Ooohhh. yayayayayayayay

To be soaked in sweat on a fish restaurant on Ghost Street ;_; The joy!

/pumps fist

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• mikew1985 19 Apr 2013 09:41:30 12,610 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    RobTheBuilder wrote:
    @mikew1985 it's amazing. Go see the east side gallery before they damage it any more
    Yea, it was great, we even did the typical tourist thing of renting bikes, but it really was a pleasure cycling around the city as well as a couple of nice trips around to lovely little beer gardens in the Spring sunshine on Monday.

My German also held up waaaaay better than I expected.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 29 Apr 2013 09:27:14 535 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I need to decide where I want to go in the summer although I only have 10 or 11 days available. I will be travelling FROM Korea so planning to stay in Asia. I have done Japan to death so want to see new stuff. I am thinking China will be better for me in the winter when I have more time. I spent 4 days each in Siem Reap and Thailand in FeYb and really liked Cambodia but wasnt too enamoured with Thailand so one option is to see more of Cambodia like Phnom Penh,Preah Vihear and some of the watery stuff as it woll be wet season. Not really a beach person so... One other idea I considered is going to Malaysia or Singapore and checking out a bit of Indonesia and say I have done three more countries but time is a concern... Anyway got any suggestions that I may have ignored? I like a mix of history and culture although a little nightlife wouldnt go amis...

Edited by One_Vurfed_Gwrx at 09:30:45 29-04-2013
  • localnotail 29 Apr 2013 09:55:42 23,093 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Nepal. Nightlife in Kathmandu was friendly, plenty of beautiful & interesting history. Could also go & look at those big hills they have.

(disclaimer: it's almost 10 years since I was there, things may have changed)

Edited by localnotail at 09:58:05 29-04-2013

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• RobTheBuilder 29 Apr 2013 10:33:02 6,521 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @One_Vurfed_Gwrx have you been to Hong Kong? It's an incredible city. Singapore is supposed to be great, but I think HK is more exciting, some amazing temples too.
  • Armoured_Bear 29 Apr 2013 10:35:43 10,308 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    One_Vurfed_Gwrx wrote:
    I need to decide where I want to go in the summer although I only have 10 or 11 days available. I will be travelling FROM Korea so planning to stay in Asia. I have done Japan to death so want to see new stuff. I am thinking China will be better for me in the winter when I have more time. I spent 4 days each in Siem Reap and Thailand in FeYb and really liked Cambodia but wasnt too enamoured with Thailand so one option is to see more of Cambodia like Phnom Penh,Preah Vihear and some of the watery stuff as it woll be wet season. Not really a beach person so... One other idea I considered is going to Malaysia or Singapore and checking out a bit of Indonesia and say I have done three more countries but time is a concern... Anyway got any suggestions that I may have ignored? I like a mix of history and culture although a little nightlife wouldnt go amis...
    Vietnam, it's amazing.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• CosmicFuzz 29 Apr 2013 10:45:51 23,337 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm thinking of going to New York for 3 months or so towards the end of the year to work. Anyone else got any hints/advice on finding employment abroad? Ideally legally focused but suppose any firm of work would do if it had to.

Looking for a new gaming podcast to listen to? LOOK NO FURTHER!

• Deleted user 29 April 2013 14:28:14
    @CosmicFuzz Dude, details?!
  • CosmicFuzz 29 Apr 2013 17:56:22 23,337 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @mowgli haha no idea yet, just considering options come September! Still working out exactly what I want to do, and seeing how the job situation is. But would love to go for 3 months or so and just have a break. Plus I loooooove NY!

Looking for a new gaming podcast to listen to? LOOK NO FURTHER!

• Deleted user 29 April 2013 20:11:33
    I've never been but three months in NY would be all kinds of awesome.
  • cjb_bjc 30 Apr 2013 19:34:28 1,047 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just come back from 5 nights in Venice! Loved it, lovely city, lovely people, lovely food, lovely wine. Have I mentioned it was lovely? Although a little pricey!
  • Tonka 30 Apr 2013 20:50:09 20,025 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Bit fake though innit?

• Toonster 31 May 2013 20:56:46 6,835 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've been having a travel-research binge. Travel goals that I now have before I die:

1) Heli-skiing in the Himalayas
    2) Explore the Oceania-Pacific Islands (Tuvalu, Fiji, Samoa, etc.)
    3) New Zealand LOTR tour
    4) South Africa, with Lesotho thrown in
    5) Volunteer in Madagascar

Damn my American company and its two-week-per-year holiday limits :'(

Edited by Toonster at 21:00:34 31-05-2013

3DS: 0361-6951-2609 (Tom)

• Tonka 2 Jun 2013 12:50:43 20,025 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Add Zimbabwe to your African adventure

• ramkmrt1 9 Aug 2013 11:07:17 3 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Lots of the places to wounder, If you see any hill station so you love that moment because that is amazing.
  • Tonka 14 Aug 2013 10:27:58 20,025 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm in Santorini and fortunate enough to experience an island wide blackout. The stars were amazing.

Looking forward to running water though. I'm a bit sweaty to say the least.

• One_Vurfed_Gwrx 29 Aug 2013 13:31:37 535 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @RobTheBuilder Nope, not been to HK or Singapore, considered Singapore for a hub to see the surrounding region and I will have to go via HK if I want to get to mainland China for a visa due to silly rules about living in SK.
  • Deleted user 29 August 2013 13:33:14
    Toonster wrote:

5) Volunteer in Madagascar

Damn my American company and its two-week-per-year holiday limits :'(
    Thinking of dong a tour with raleigh international. They do a lot of stuff like this. I almost got the entry money as well! hmmm!
  • cjb_bjc 20 Sep 2013 09:53:32 1,047 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Heading over to Krakow next month for a long weekend. Anyone got any tips as I haven't been before. Thinking of heading to the mines and auschwitz and was wondering if it will be fine to book a tour when we get there?
  • Load_2.0 20 Sep 2013 10:12:34 18,942 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Krakow is a great city, to be honest the city itself is just great to wander about in. Good food, great bars.

Probably need to it to balance out the above as both take up the majority of the day.
  • Tonka 20 Sep 2013 10:31:31 20,025 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Make sure to eat some Pierogi (not to be confused with Pirozhki) which are the polish version of dumplings and absolutely delicious. Pirozhki are also delicious by the way. But quite different.

• cjb_bjc 20 Sep 2013 11:27:11 1,047 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've been to Poland quite a few times to visit family so I know of all the interesting quirky food. Pierogi are lovely, My favourite have to be the sweet ones with cheese or fruit though.

I'm quite handy with the language too so it's more about making sure that in such a short trip there are no things I should be aware of which I miss. Trip advisor is only so good!
  • cjb_bjc 28 Mar 2014 23:07:56 1,047 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So.... Anyone off anywhere exciting soon. It feels like far too long since I've been away. Feel like another adventure.

Going Dubrovnik end of June. First ever 5* resort. Gotta say I'm a little excited!
  • Trafford 28 Mar 2014 23:31:03 5,641 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm sat at Tokyo Narita about to fly home after a week in Kyoto. Great town to explore if you like walking and eye popping architechture. Really friendly people also.
    Had a few crazy nights in bars.
    Went on my own and it was really fun I did meet a like minded bloke from Brooklyn and did a few hikes with him. I'm going to NYC in November, so plan to hook up again then.
  • Luckyjim 28 Mar 2014 23:51:46 2,872 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm off to Peru on Tuesday for a few weeks. Should be fun.

@Trafford Had my honeymoon in Japan. Kyoto's great. Did you walk the 'Philosopher's Path'? It's lovely up in the hills around the city.
  • Trafford 28 Mar 2014 23:58:01 5,641 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Luckyjim

Yeah, North & South Higashiyama, Bamboo forest, the Fushimi mountain shrine was incredible.
    Hiroshima for the day also. I did and missed loads.
    Enjoy Peru!
  • Page

of 9 First / Last