Dragon's Den Page 18

• Page

of 19 First / Last

• Flightrisker 8 Aug 2011 09:06:39 18,096 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The sun tan guy was my favourite person ever on the den. Amazing.
  • sam_spade 8 Aug 2011 09:20:20 15,745 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Thought they were a bit harsh on the parking fine lady. What's the difference between using that service and hiring a top class lawyer to do the dirty work? Or is dodging the law only available to rich bastards?
  • Dougs 8 Aug 2011 09:49:25 67,020 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There are already loads of sites out there that give you all the info you need to fight a fine, for free. AFAIK anyway. You'd be mad to hire a lawyer to fight an 80 quid fine
  • senso-ji 8 Aug 2011 16:56:02 5,839 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I thought nobody put on a good show last night. Those popcorn selling trio were just terrible; they were just trying to use kitsch advertising techniques to try and lure people into buying a badly made product.

And Hilary should have asked for way more equity for those Caravan duo because having two incompetents running a business like that will be very painful in the long run.
  • Deleted user 8 August 2011 17:06:35
    Looks like they're all contemplating suicide in the new opening titles.
  • MoGamer2006 8 Aug 2011 17:10:37 975 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    meme wrote:
    Looks like they're all contemplating suicide in the new opening titles.

LOL - I was thinking exactly the same thing last night. That or scanning the city for crime, ready to swoop down and dispense justice.
  • Flightrisker 8 Aug 2011 17:59:05 18,096 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was surprised no one tried to just buy the patents from the sunbed guy. He seemed rely interested in doing absolutely nothing. Just offer him the whole amount for 99% and tell him he'l just have yearly cheque from it but no say in the business. I the right hands I think they idea could make a fortune.
  • Deleted user 8 August 2011 18:05:21
    Flightrisker wrote:
    I was surprised no one tried to just buy the patents from the sunbed guy. He seemed rely interested in doing absolutely nothing. Just offer him the whole amount for 99% and tell him he'l just have yearly cheque from it but no say in the business. I the right hands I think they idea could make a fortune.

I loved how he just came in. "I have no figures or sales predictions whatsoever".
  • mrpon 17 Aug 2011 08:21:02 28,708 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just caught up on that episode, sun tan guy was just awesome.

"They fall off"

/guffaw

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• Deleted user 28 August 2011 23:19:03
    StarMagic wrote:
    Is it me or is 50 k for any business ridiculously low nowadays?

No. The value is based on the amount of profit to date and future profit. Most of the businesses on there are small upstarts where 50K will have a massive impact for them as they're making around 20k profit a year at the moment (or less usually).

In short, it's you.
  • Flightrisker 11 Sep 2011 16:50:37 18,096 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think there's no episode tonight. booooo.
  • Flightrisker 12 Sep 2011 12:01:48 18,096 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    On tonight at 9
  • DaM 12 Sep 2011 14:43:37 12,968 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    StarMagic wrote:
    Fair enough, I agree you sound right.

It's just I'd imagine the money going nowhere in no time at all....but I suppose it's a one time, roll of the dice almost, thing. If the business doesn't work, it just doesn't and then they don't get any more investment.

Most of the evaluations, and projected turnovers are utter nonsense. Banks won't even speak to you unless you have a comprehensive business plan, with detail projections, and they can't be any more than pure guesswork.

So glad I have nothing to do with bank loans!
  • DaM 7 Feb 2013 13:00:52 12,968 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Arse, I can't stand her. She's obsessed with herself, and is a complete nutter. I hear lots of stories from her staff - rules like you can't go to the toilet for 30 minutes before you knock off, just wait and go in your own time. She passes off her staffs' work as her own.

She must live near me, I saw her driving round a busy roundabout near me, one handed, talking on her phone.

Still, more exposure will lead to her downfall, I'm sure she has lots of skeletons. I think her level of business expertise will soon become apparent - self-publicity is more her strong point.
  • CharlieStCloud 7 Feb 2013 13:12:42 5,202 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    No joke.

I have seen Michelle Mone in person and she just irritated me purely by her presence.

Little Miss Self-centred me thinks.
  • sport 7 Feb 2013 13:18:46 12,674 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Who's that Scottish bird who sells the sexy underwear? She's super-hot, and super-sleuthy.
  • billythekid 7 Feb 2013 13:21:52 11,095 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    sport wrote:
    Who's that Scottish bird who sells the sexy underwear? She's super-hot, and super-sleuthy.
    And shagging Robbie Savage :)
  • DaM 7 Feb 2013 14:10:13 12,968 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    sport wrote:
    She's really not....

Super-sleuthy? Is that like Nancy Drew? Or Velma?
  • OptimusPube 13 Aug 2013 14:45:24 2,917 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Anyone watching this new series? just started watching it on iPlayer.

You better watch out.
    You better beware.
    Albert said E=MC²

• DaM 13 Aug 2013 15:25:46 12,968 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yes...that new woman is awful. Is she filled with botox? She looks like a Disney witch.
  • DaM 13 Aug 2013 15:28:01 12,968 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    DaM wrote:
    Still, more exposure will lead to her downfall, I'm sure she has lots of skeletons. I think her level of business expertise will soon become apparent - self-publicity is more her strong point.
    *cough*
  • OptimusPube 13 Aug 2013 15:53:28 2,917 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Just finished watching it, that last guy was an emotional watch and overall like the new style, I like the new tech guy but Mrs Orange Bignose was a bit off putting, I won't miss judge her though over one show.

I like that there's 5 dragons now.

You better watch out.
    You better beware.
    Albert said E=MC²

• LeoliansBro 13 Aug 2013 15:59:06 43,639 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There were always five dragons.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• craigy Staff 13 Aug 2013 16:02:46 7,567 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I had an idea that I reckon is Den-worthy.

Do you know the sound of your car alarm? I don't know the sound of mine. The idea is for a programmable car alarm, so rather than it making an anonymous "woot, woot, woot" noise you can upload a custom mp3 to it. That way if your car alarm goes off you could make it play, really loud, say, Karma Chameleon or Gary Glitter or a recording of you saying "Warning, this car will explode in 10 seconds", or something.

I reckon that idea is worth at least a million quid.
  • billythekid 13 Aug 2013 16:08:32 11,095 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Might have been done craigy.

Edited by billythekid at 16:09:32 13-08-2013
  • RedSparrows 13 Aug 2013 17:39:22 22,214 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    craigy wrote:
    I had an idea that I reckon is Den-worthy.

Do you know the sound of your car alarm? I don't know the sound of mine. The idea is for a programmable car alarm, so rather than it making an anonymous "woot, woot, woot" noise you can upload a custom mp3 to it. That way if your car alarm goes off you could make it play, really loud, say, Karma Chameleon or Gary Glitter or a recording of you saying "Warning, this car will explode in 10 seconds", or something.

I reckon that idea is worth at least a million quid.
    Sodcasting taken to a whole new level.
  • Deleted user 13 August 2013 18:12:04
    Also it's pretty useless if you're anyone other than a pikey, chav or homosexual in Brighton.
  • Page

of 19 First / Last