Dragon's Den

  • Page

    of 19 First / Last

    Previous
  • Fat-Boy 15 Sep 2006 09:07:26 4,300 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So, I know a few of you guys watch this too and wanted your opinion on something.

    The 'female' Dragon reminds me of someone and until last night I wasn't sure who. Then it came to me: She's Rick Wakeman!

    Anyone agree?
  • zErOb_cOOl 15 Sep 2006 09:17:02 3,237 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    LMAO! I was thinking exactly the same as you! Very well done sir!

    *edit

    and by "Thinking exactly the same as you" I meant I thought she looked like someone too, but I just couldn't put my finger on it. Probably because it was a bloke she looked like!

    Edited by zErOb_cOOl at 09:30:32 15-09-2006
  • Fat-Boy 15 Sep 2006 09:26:09 4,300 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    For a while I wondered if it was a cartoon dog, but I couldn't think of one that was quite right. Then the penny droppped!
  • Errol 15 Sep 2006 09:28:49 12,379 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Cartoon dog ? Droopy ?
  • Fat-Boy 15 Sep 2006 09:30:14 4,300 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah Droopy was what I was thinking, but it wasn't quite right. Rick Wakeman on the other hand describes her perfectly though.
  • GeeMacca 15 Sep 2006 09:33:17 2,778 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Haha yeah she does look like the caped wonder himself! Last nights was funny, that show always makes me laugh, so many idiots go on there.
  • DaM 15 Sep 2006 09:41:11 12,621 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Nah, Rick's better looking!
    Droopy..yes!

    There are some right muppets on it, but I think they are a lot more cruel now, and you know nobody will get any money except the last person on.

    They should show more of the numpties that don't get on for comedy value.

    It is hard though, trying to predict what a business is going to make.

    /polishes own business in profit after a month
  • souljah 15 Sep 2006 10:39:34 4,701 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DaM wrote:

    It is hard though, trying to predict what a business is going to make.

    /polishes own business in profit after a month

    Nice one DaM. What kind of business did you set up?]

    Edited by souljah at 10:39:02 15-09-2006
  • sport 15 Sep 2006 10:41:34 12,059 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    it's not about making the profit, it's about the margin - hasn't Dragons Den taught you anything? ;-P
  • Kronos 15 Sep 2006 10:55:34 547 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    souljah wrote:
    DaM wrote:

    It is hard though, trying to predict what a business is going to make.

    /polishes own business in profit after a month

    Nice one DaM. What kind of business did you set up?]

    Edited by souljah at 10:39:02 15-09-2006

    Something Ribbony I'm guessing.
  • Errol 15 Sep 2006 10:58:13 12,379 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    souljah wrote:
    DaM wrote:

    It is hard though, trying to predict what a business is going to make.

    /polishes own business in profit after a month

    Nice one DaM. What kind of business did you set up?]

    Edited by souljah at 10:39:02 15-09-2006

    Prostitution ?
  • souljah 15 Sep 2006 11:17:18 4,701 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Errol wrote:
    souljah wrote:
    DaM wrote:

    It is hard though, trying to predict what a business is going to make.

    /polishes own business in profit after a month

    Nice one DaM. What kind of business did you set up?]

    Edited by souljah at 10:39:02 15-09-2006

    Prostitution ?

    Feline nipple piercing?
  • Merlinho 15 Oct 2007 22:56:46 5,909 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They were awful. Why do the Welsh ones have to be the token retards?

    I liked the new dragon, James Caan. Seemed to be more polite to the bidders than the others, added a nice touch to the programme. He also was pretty astute in analyzing the finances etc.
  • FixedInfinity 15 Oct 2007 23:13:23 1,682 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The new bloke seems to want to throw his money around a lot more than the others do.
  • Merlinho 15 Oct 2007 23:21:01 5,909 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yep, I thought he was going to just say he was married. I wonder what his wife thought!

    Terrible idea for a website though.
  • Lukus 15 Oct 2007 23:36:30 18,955 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fat Boy wrote:
    For a while I wondered if it was a cartoon dog, but I couldn't think of one that was quite right. Then the penny droppped!
    I always thought she looks like the blonde chick off Snoopy.

    Paintings & Photographs

  • PES_Fanboy 16 Oct 2007 09:08:55 11,727 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Merlinho wrote:
    Yep, I thought he was going to just say he was married. I wonder what his wife thought!

    The one he divorced last year? Not sure if she's got an opinion.

    Has anyone else noticed, that if anyone from an ethnic minority comes on, even if they don't offer them the money and they're trying to sell dolphin water wings, they (Peter Jones in particular) fall over themselves to be nice to them?

    Maybe I'm the racialist, but it sure seems like they're all deadly worried about their image rather than an investment opportunity. They're also guaranteed not to pour relevant scorn on anything that's 'eco friendly'.
  • X201 16 Oct 2007 09:26:11 14,710 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Merlinho wrote:
    I liked the new dragon, James Caan. Seemed to be more polite to the bidders than the others, added a nice touch to the programme. He also was pretty astute in analyzing the finances etc.

    I liked the way he shut Peter Jones up during the Festival pitch.
  • PES_Fanboy 16 Oct 2007 13:22:20 11,727 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ToonMonkey wrote:
    Well i can categorically say it's my favourite imaginary TV moment ever.

    Has Fluffy got a guitar, and is he singing a reggae song to promote his magic beans?

    He is in my 'mind' episode.
  • PES_Fanboy 16 Oct 2007 13:46:00 11,727 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ToonMonkey wrote:
    PES_Fanboy wrote:
    ToonMonkey wrote:
    Well i can categorically say it's my favourite imaginary TV moment ever.

    Has Fluffy got a guitar, and is he singing a reggae song to promote his magic beans?

    He is in my 'mind' episode.

    I'd imagine you imagined this approach to be succesful.

    They bartered up to 15% of the ownership of the company for infinity billion dollars. Then asked what the beans do.
  • Carbon_Altered 16 Oct 2007 14:03:28 675 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    PES_Fanboy wrote:
    They're also guaranteed not to pour relevant scorn on anything that's 'eco friendly'.

    Apart from those "soap pod" things last night then? They were supposed to be eco friendly washing up things, but they laughed her out the place "have you got any scientific evidence", "no", "get out".

  • Pac-man-ate-my-wife 16 Oct 2007 14:46:51 6,999 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    FluffyTucker wrote:
    The pwning of those annoying students nad their festival crap was one of the best things on TV ever

    Are you on about the ones who'd set up a festival, or the pair who were selling food?
  • PES_Fanboy 16 Oct 2007 14:51:32 11,727 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Carbon_Altered wrote:
    PES_Fanboy wrote:
    They're also guaranteed not to pour relevant scorn on anything that's 'eco friendly'.

    Apart from those "soap pod" things last night then? They were supposed to be eco friendly washing up things, but they laughed her out the place "have you got any scientific evidence", "no", "get out".


    That was their get-out clause. You see, none of the Dragons *really* give two fucks about global warming, otherwise they might not want their opening credits to show them turning up in a private plane / helicopter / six litre limo.

    But if something comes up that is an evironmentally-friendlier alternative, and is actually based on something, then they'll usually simper all over it.

    Soap that's used in the developing country (due to poverty or other reasons) isn't exactly a moneyspinner, is it? I'm sure if the poverty stricken regions had access to Dove they'd use it.
  • PES_Fanboy 16 Oct 2007 14:53:47 11,727 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FluffyTucker wrote:
    The festival ones, with the innocent look of naive...ness on their stupid student faces.

    It's still socially acceptable to make fun out of hippies' appearance, and I think they bore (deserved) brunt of all the frustrations of that whole day's worth of seeing the complete twats that they couldn't ridicule.

    I do wonder about some people though. "Right, I'm going on Dragon's Den, I've dyed my mohawk pink, but what should I wear? The poncho with a picture of Jesus smoking a spliff or the shorts with the rips in?"
  • DaM 16 Oct 2007 15:19:26 12,621 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    PES_Fanboy wrote:
    FluffyTucker wrote:
    The festival ones, with the innocent look of naive...ness on their stupid student faces.

    It's still socially acceptable to make fun out of hippies' appearance, and I think they bore (deserved) brunt of all the frustrations of that whole day's worth of seeing the complete twats that they couldn't ridicule.

    I do wonder about some people though. "Right, I'm going on Dragon's Den, I've dyed my mohawk pink, but what should I wear? The poncho with a picture of Jesus smoking a spliff or the shorts with the rips in?"

    The guy looked like one of those gonk things. I couldn't believe how little they had made doing, over the past 2 years they would have made more money on the dole. A lot of the companies that have been running for a while seem to be like that, practically zero profit.
  • Skeptopotamus 16 Oct 2007 15:32:02 265 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hold on, wasn't the festival thing the one where they all wanted to give them money? Or was that the guy with the Comic Relief hair? I was only half paying attention due to long distance phone call guff.
  • Pac-man-ate-my-wife 16 Oct 2007 15:35:12 6,999 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Skeptopotamus wrote:
    Hold on, wasn't the festival thing the one where they all wanted to give them money? Or was that the guy with the Comic Relief hair? I was only half paying attention due to long distance phone call guff.

    That's what I'm confused about. The ones wanting to do a festival had 4 Dragon's in a bidding war and were very slick, well presented and knew there stuff.

    I can only assume the above discussion was about Uncle Fester with the Red Elvis wig who wanted to sell old meat.
  • bivith 16 Oct 2007 15:54:32 2,466 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    FluffyTucker wrote:
    PES_Fanboy wrote:
    Has anyone else noticed, that if anyone from an ethnic minority comes on, even if they don't offer them the money and they're trying to sell dolphin water wings, they (Peter Jones in particular) fall over themselves to be nice to them
    Yep, I had no idea what the black guy was actually offering at the end, or what the dragon was giving him 60,000 for. Maybe I should black up, go on the show and wave around some magic beans or something. It's insulting to the other people that pitched something tangible only to be denied because they were an average able bodied white person.

    Other people, like the average able bodied white music festival organisers who had most of the panel in a bidding war to invest in them?
  • Lukus 16 Oct 2007 16:15:16 18,955 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fucking crackers.

    Paintings & Photographs

  • SuperCoolEskimo 16 Oct 2007 16:58:38 9,542 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    FluffyTucker wrote:
    The pwning of those annoying students nad their festival crap was one of the best things on TV ever
    Pwning? More like the Dragons were bidding amongst themselves to get a stake of that business, not seen that happen before.

    I think they made a mistake in doing the deal with Peter Jones though. The new female Dragon made her money in leisure and tourism in the same area where their festival is held, hence I think her expertise would have been a lot more beneficial to their company than Jones' money.

    And I thought the black guy at the end was quite likeable. I wouldn't begrudge him any future success.
  • Page

    of 19 First / Last

    Previous
Log in or register to reply