The 'Official' UFC appreciation thread Page 5

• Page

of 178 First / Last

• funkyd 23 Jul 2009 15:12:21 7,522 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    :D Tickets will probably turn up on ticketmaster soon enough so I'd wait until then. They'll most likely be cheaper, as well.
  • PES_Fanboy 23 Jul 2009 20:11:39 16,438 posts
    Seen 35 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Those tickets are fucking unbelievably priced - I guess they're scalpers or dodgy*, cos for the last event in London we had corporate box tickets (at work) available for less!

* - considering the tickets aren't on sale yet!
  • El_MUERkO 29 Jul 2009 13:11:17 17,050 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Trowel wrote:
    Cable TV viewers will be able to watch ESPN's live Premier League coverage free next month as an introductory offer after the US sports broadcaster signed a distribution deal with Virgin Media.

Disney-owned ESPN is launching a new UK cable and satellite subscription channel, and a high definition service, to carry its 46 live Premier League matches and 30 Scottish Premier League for next season on 3 August.

The 2009-10 season starts on 15 August, when ESPN will have live coverage of Everton v Arsenal, hosted by the former BBC presenter Ray Stubbs

Under the deal, Virgin Media's 3.5 million cable TV customers will gain free access to matches aired by ESPN during August on both its standard and high definition channels.

After that, subscribers to Virgin's XL TV channels package will get ESPN's new UK sports channel and its archive programming service, ESPN Classic, free. This is the same arrangement Virgin Media had with Setanta, the former holder of the Premier League and SPL rights that passed to ESPN after the Irish pay-TV broadcaster went into administration in late June. Subscribers to Virgin Media's M or L packages will be able to subscribe to ESPN's new sports channel for £8 a month, if they already subscribe to any combination of the Sky Sports services, or £10 a month if not.

Yesterday, ESPN announced that the sports channel's football coverage would be extended to include matches from the top-flight domestic competitions in Germany, Portugal, Russia and the Netherlands.

The US broadcaster has also secured the UK and Ireland rights to air the remainder of the Major Soccer League competition in the US, featuring David Beckham's LA Galaxy. The first matches from these overseas leagues will air on ESPN from 7 August.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/jul/29/espn-premier-league-football

...so assuming the rumours are true and UFC moves to ESPN we'll be able to watch UFC PPVs in HD

/claps like a spaz
  • PES_Fanboy 29 Jul 2009 13:12:50 16,438 posts
    Seen 35 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's no rumour, ESPN have the rights to all UFC events, starting at 101.

/subscribes
  • El_MUERkO 7 Aug 2009 23:56:51 17,050 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Top 10 Ragdoll Physics Moments in Mixed Martial Arts

some monster hits, be sure to check the videos, i love cracked lists "He's crushed the heads of so many of their people that in Japan, the emergency code for a Wanderlei Silva attack is 001." :D
  • Onny 8 Aug 2009 10:59:13 5,697 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If you were the greatest warrior that ever lived, came across a sleeping enemy and had six hours to plan one ultimate punch, this is the punch you would throw.

Hahaha.
  • Deleted user 8 August 2009 16:25:24
    What's everyone's fight predictions for tonight?

Predicting is a fools game, especially in this sport but i got

Penn/Florian, Penn via unanimous decision
    Silva/Griffin, Silva via TKO 3rd round
    Sadollah/Hendricks, Hendricks via split decision
    Grove/Almeida, Almeida via submission 3rd round
    Neer/Pellegrino, Neer via split decision
  • 8bitMofo 8 Aug 2009 16:35:03 436 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Upsets Upsets Upsets, my prediction every show.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 8 Aug 2009 16:53:20 11,366 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Florian and Silva. I hope. /crosses fingers

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• JayeM 8 Aug 2009 16:58:42 3,386 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I want BJ and Griffin to win, but I'm not sure if it will happen.

Upgraded to ESPN and it's a shame they aren't showing this in HD. :(
  • Telepathic.Geometry 8 Aug 2009 17:10:01 11,366 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Really? :-o I always thought that BJ Penn was such an arsehole. :/

• kungfubob 8 Aug 2009 17:22:09 160 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The Penn/KenFlo matchup could be fight of the night and i say Penn by split decision
    Griffin might win by shock KO in Rd 2 (BIG might!)
    Hendricks to win by KO
    Thales Leites to win by triangle choke in Rd 3
    Tandem McCrory to win by TKO in Rd 1 in a spectacular psychotic flurry
    Neer by ground-n-pound, RD 2

Also, try to count how many times Joe Rogan corrects Mike Goldberg during the event
    I say 15 times
  • Telepathic.Geometry 8 Aug 2009 17:30:37 11,366 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I predict the word 'rocked' will be used 417 times in the first half alone. :)

• Deleted user 8 August 2009 17:33:47
    JayeM wrote:
    I want BJ and Griffin to win, but I'm not sure if it will happen.

Upgraded to ESPN and it's a shame they aren't showing this in HD. :(

Its scheduled at 3am on ESPN HD isn't it?

Ive just checked and seems tonights event wont be displayed in HD. :(
    But UFC 102 onwards will be \o/
  • El_MUERkO 9 Aug 2009 00:33:04 17,050 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Penn by knockout/tko in round 1, back in his own weight division and fitter than ever, he's going to kill kenny!
  • JayeM 9 Aug 2009 03:19:25 3,386 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Adverts? Lame.
  • JayeM 9 Aug 2009 04:59:02 3,386 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Do not highlight this if you haven't seen all the fights.

Forrestlol
  • Deleted user 9 August 2009 09:53:25
    That was some Matrix shit right there.
  • Gruff 9 Aug 2009 15:34:20 2,881 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Who's decision was it for the whole of Griffin's corner team, and himself, to run back into his changing room directly after the knockdown?

Griffin didn't look to have his senses about him to decide to do it, it just looked lame, i mean the knockout was bad enough, he has lost a lot of respect there i think

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• Deleted user 9 August 2009 16:16:52
    He has a dislocated/broken jaw aledgedly.

He knew he was badly messed up and tried to get back for proper medical attention as quickly as possibe.
  • dnbuk 9 Aug 2009 16:34:26 4,952 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    God that was a boring UFC last night.
  • Deleted user 9 August 2009 16:53:59
    Sure it was.
  • Gruff 9 Aug 2009 17:02:56 2,881 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Boring ? Technical more like, some of the defensive ground work was great to watch, and BJ Penn was terrific, as i thought as was Silva.

dnbuk you must be with the dopes booing in the crowd, or maybe just stick to WWF

/On Griffin, that would explain it somewhat, but still....

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• Telepathic.Geometry 9 Aug 2009 18:34:07 11,366 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The main fights were a little too one-sided in my opinion, making them a little boring, so I kinda agree with dnbuk. :/

• El_MUERkO 9 Aug 2009 18:53:25 17,050 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    silva and penn were far superior to their opponents but you cant be sure in UFC, also bitching about griffin is a bit much, 90% of people wouldn't have got back up after the first knock down :/

great fights!
  • funkyd 9 Aug 2009 18:53:26 7,522 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gruff wrote:
    maybe just stick to WWF

/1990
  • Deleted user 9 August 2009 19:15:49
    El_MUERkO wrote:
    90% of people wouldn't have got back up after the first knock down :/

90% of people are clearly smarter than poor old Forrest then. I think he got being dumb confused with being tough.
  • senso-ji 9 Aug 2009 20:58:50 5,921 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just saw the Silva/Griffin fight on our favourite video sharing website and thought the fight was more like a lesson on how to slip and counter by Silva than a proper UFC main event. At one point Silva dropped his hands, stuck his chin up and walked two paces forward into Griffin's striking range, and Griffin threw out some half hearted punches when he should have shot and taken Silva down, and held him there for as long as possible so he could have regained his composure.

Sure, Silva's strike will drop and hurt anybody but Forrest's game plan was all wrong from the start.
  • El_MUERkO 10 Aug 2009 00:32:18 17,050 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    griffins jaw was borked by the rights on the ground, after that he's watching the clock and grinding it, the right that dropped him didn't knock him out at all, it just proved to him he was fucked, so he sat on his ass and waved off the fight, andersons striking accuracy put paid to and plan griffin may have had
  • Page

of 178 First / Last