Company of Heroes Page 28

• Page

of 29 First / Last

• Dandy11 19 Jul 2009 16:39:25 64 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Churchill it an infantry tank. The firefly is one of the best tanks in the game. it has weak armor, but a very powerful gun, with the best range of any tank. keep the firefly at long range . Heres a replay of some pros

http://www.gamereplays.org/companyofheroes/replays.php?game=25&tab=popular&show=details&id=88283
  • Metalfish 19 Jul 2009 16:41:52 8,874 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The British tanks are all about combined arms. The Churchill is a damage soak with a reasonable anti-infantry gun -these tank classes benefit most from the life prolonging effects of "hull down" and "over-repair". Churchills should be used to push through light-medium defended areas whilst the more fragile Cromwells, Fireflys and infantry sections stay close behind.

Speaking of Cromwells, these tanks are pretty much jacks of all trades and masters of none. They're best treated like the USA's sherman (unupgraded). The firefly of the other hand should be treated like the Marder III or mobile arty: it should always have support and if it's taking direct fire you're doing something wrong.
  • Deleted user 19 July 2009 17:17:47
    Thanks for the tips guys, so it was me just not using them correctly!
  • magicpanda 31 Jul 2009 19:27:45 13,480 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Awesome Steam deal is awesome.

As I understand it Tales of Valor is more of a multiplayer expansion. Not enough meat for single player.

Ill stick with COH + Opposing Fronts and all the Dawn of war stuff for 14. Bargain!
  • AaronTurner 2 Aug 2009 15:43:04 7,886 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Had a punt on this for 13 for the Relic pack on steam. Course, as soon as I connect to steam to start downloading my rate goes from 1000kbps to 250kbps. Fuck you Virgin and your shitty shitty internet!

• AaronTurner 2 Aug 2009 15:45:37 7,886 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Didn't realise you could buy the gold pack for 8.50. Oh well.
  • Metalfish 3 Aug 2009 17:59:44 8,874 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I picked up Tales of Valor from steam as it was going for a reasonable price. It's good, but the single player missions are both short and very easy. The new units are worth a look, but it's hardly a new faction -they really are just minor additions. The new multiplayer modes are intriguing but I don't know anyone else who owns the exp pack, so they're not exactly great for me.

I'd be pissed off if I'd paid full price for it, but at half price it's a reasonable little pack. They really need to pull their fingers out and get on the fucking Russian addon though -I won't be buying any more packs that contain anything less.
  • dr_swin 24 Aug 2009 10:09:43 4,915 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Has there ever a been a game that is so determined not to let you play it? I thought I would try and get back into opposing fronts after shelving it when I found it not as accessible as the first title. I remember the first time it needed several huge patches before it would start up. Now coming back to it, I had to install a torrent client and download four more patches. one of which took several days(over a few sessions). It turns out that they have helpfully pre-installed tales of valor and the origianl campaign in case i feel tempted to puchase them digitally.

All good and well and all that, but I would have preferred to have just been able to play the game when I wanted to. (the game wouldn't start until all the patches had been downloaded. )
  • Whizzo 24 Aug 2009 10:22:18 43,352 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    If you don't patch it you can't play multiplayer so that's why they're so large as they include all the assets that are required.

This space left intentionally blank.

• dr_swin 24 Aug 2009 10:28:03 4,915 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    But I didn't want to play multiplayer. I just wanted to play the bloody game that I paid for!
  • Whizzo 24 Aug 2009 10:32:21 43,352 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Strange it normally lets you cancel the patching process as long as you have the disc in so it doesn't rely on RelicOnline to do the DRM.

This space left intentionally blank.

• dr_swin 24 Aug 2009 10:41:57 4,915 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    There was some strange stuff going on as everynow and agin it would forget that it needed patching and would let me play. All sorted now though.
  • Rusty_M 24 Feb 2010 23:33:42 4,924 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    well that sucks, I got it through steam and don't plan to use this PC as the last one I play it on.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.
    http://www.twitch.tv/rusty_the_robot
    http://twitter.com/Rusty_The_Robot

• Deleted user 24 February 2010 23:59:06
    The only help there seems to be for this is now through here.
  • Zidargh 25 Feb 2010 12:31:10 1,692 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I wouldnt mind playing you guys on this. Mind you its been fucking ages, lol.
  • Hunam 25 Feb 2010 12:37:50 20,674 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've had mine on a few machines and it's never kicked up a fuss before, normally it just gets upset if the key moves between various online accounts more than twice.
  • captain_Stifler 1 Mar 2010 16:16:15 9 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It does suck
  • TurboBailey 27 Apr 2010 16:04:18 687 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I just dusted my copy of Company of Heroes, only to find it wont start in Windows 7. the game process just kills itself. No error logging, nothing. Latest Direct X drivers installed, Latest Nvidia drivers installed. Windows 7 up-to-date. Tried running it in compatability mode.

I have the Steam copy. But am baffled why it wont boot.
    Ive googled it, but not many people are having the same issue. Dam. Wanted to kill some Nazis
  • PenguinJim 27 Apr 2010 17:05:47 6,010 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So you downloaded through Steam, and it doesn't work?

Try verifying all the files again (right-click the game icon, properties, local files, verify integrity).
  • Zidargh 28 Apr 2010 15:01:55 1,692 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Would anyone be up for an EG 1v1 or 2v2 of this? The MP is pretty awesome.
  • faux-C 15 Sep 2010 16:29:45 9,638 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Got this in the Steam sale. Can anyone tell me why it runs like a dog on my system, despite me easily matching/beating all the requirements?

I've even turned all the graphical detail down, and that doesn't help either :/
  • Bremenacht 15 Sep 2010 17:09:18 19,663 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Could be that you've got lots of other stuff running in the background, gobbling up memory etc. Is it still downloading patches in the background? That won't help.
  • cianchristopher 15 Sep 2010 17:12:06 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    This game and Steam do not get along.

That said, this game and my PC do not get along. I can't get the fucker to run with any kind of stability. It's a real pain in the ass....

This and Empire Total War are the two worst offenders for me, as in, they crash my system every time I play them. I give up.
  • StixxUK 17 Sep 2010 20:29:25 7,290 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So, uh, what's this CoH online I suddenly heard about?
  • Page

of 29 First / Last