Most Annoying TV Adverts Page 90

• Page

of 112 First / Last

• ecureuil 26 May 2012 03:27:39 76,016 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So they finally ran out of ideas for the Go Compare adverts.. so they've gone back to the first one now. It will never end. Millions of Brits will have that godawful jingle burned in to their memories forever.
  • PhoenixFlames 26 May 2012 06:53:26 8,781 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's number 1 of most annoying adverts that's for sure. I don't use them because of it.

I drive an automatic 'cause I'm too cool to change gears.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• Bloodloss 9 Jun 2012 22:16:35 4,499 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nick is a photography student.

A photography student falling at 126 miles per hour.

fuck you

Edited by Bloodloss at 22:16:49 09-06-2012
  • gang_of_bitches 9 Jun 2012 23:03:31 4,932 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bloodloss wrote:
    Nick is a photography student.

A photography student falling at 126 miles per hour.

fuck you
    Nick Jojola the famous mobile phone expert no less. Almost nothing could make me less inclined to get a phone than his endorsement.
  • Lukus 9 Jun 2012 23:10:55 18,955 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Good call. Horrible advert.

Paintings & Photographs

• Tom_Servo 9 Jun 2012 23:12:35 15,532 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The voiceover says he's doing his first photography shoot. So what the fuck does he know?
  • Lukus 9 Jun 2012 23:30:17 18,955 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    And if he's gone to the trouble and expense (another anomaly) of setting up such an elaborate shot, why on earth wouldn't he use a properly good camera to capture it? I hope his parachute failed, the cunt.

Edited by Lukus at 23:31:27 09-06-2012

Paintings & Photographs

• BillMurray 29 Jun 2012 00:09:39 7,235 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think I just watched a KFC that basically said all men are giant bastards.
  • woodnotes 29 Jun 2012 00:12:20 4,916 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mageme wrote:
    The latest Santander ad for some saving account; basically drones on about you save something when do something else completely unrelated. Plus they tried to make things rhyme but then drops that completely.

you play, you save; you sleep, you save; you take a crap, you save

/ad infinitum
    This advert irritates me so much that I now do involuntary evils every time I see the Santander logo.
  • ecureuil 29 Jun 2012 16:16:29 76,016 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone seen the new Go Compare advert?

It plays the advert (beach version) then towards the end the camera pans out to show someone in their living room frustratingly trying to mute their TV/switch channels. Then it goes to a screen that says "July 2nd", with a countdown timer.

Could it finally be that this campaign is coming to an end?
  • RedSparrows 29 Jun 2012 16:19:25 20,754 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They know how much it's hated, yet still they profit from it... somehow.

ARGHHH
  • glaeken 29 Jun 2012 17:14:13 10,976 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well hated is memorable and you probably will think about going to Go compare for insurance. Advertising is sometimes deliberately about finding something that annoys you. As long as you hate the advert but still remember the product job done.
  • thelzdking 29 Jun 2012 17:25:32 3,961 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    There's one for some bingo website which shows loads of people having fun days out at the beach and enjoying each other's company and such whilst uplifting music plays in the background.

Yeah, because that's what playing online bingo is like, it's not at all like being sat at home by yourself working your way through the child benefit.
  • kinky_mong 29 Jun 2012 17:31:24 9,607 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Anyone seen the new Go Compare advert?

It plays the advert (beach version) then towards the end the camera pans out to show someone in their living room frustratingly trying to mute their TV/switch channels. Then it goes to a screen that says "July 2nd", with a countdown timer.

Could it finally be that this campaign is coming to an end?
    Doubt it will end, they're probably just rebooting it with a grittier edge as seems to be the fashion these days. The fat tenor will be played by Philip Seymour Hoffman, trying to come to terms with the loss of his wife and children after a collision with an uninsured driver.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• PhoenixFlames 29 Jun 2012 17:59:00 8,781 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    thelzdking wrote:
    There's one for some bingo website which shows loads of people having fun days out at the beach and enjoying each other's company and such whilst uplifting music plays in the background.

Yeah, because that's what playing online bingo is like, it's not at all like being sat at home by yourself working your way through the child benefit.
    :-D

I drive an automatic 'cause I'm too cool to change gears.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• ecureuil 29 Jun 2012 18:06:17 76,016 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    glaeken wrote:
    Well hated is memorable and you probably will think about going to Go compare for insurance. Advertising is sometimes deliberately about finding something that annoys you. As long as you hate the advert but still remember the product job done.
    Actually I saw a data research survey that showed that since this advertising campaign started, Go Compare is way top in terms of brand awareness (obviously), but the number of people using them hasn't increased much. They're not top of the industry but I imagine it'll pay off in the long run.
  • gang_of_bitches 29 Jun 2012 23:39:38 4,932 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    this Michel Gondry directed Chemical Brothers video and other Gondry efforts. Another example of advetising execs earning their money browsing Youtube for ideas all day.

Edited by gang_of_bitches at 23:41:56 29-06-2012
  • Tom_Servo 30 Jun 2012 22:19:43 15,532 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Ever fallen in - 1, 2
    Ever fallen in love with - 1, 2
  • superdelphinus 30 Jun 2012 22:34:19 7,265 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What is that weird car one at the moment with a guy and his body being 'cool'. Incomprehensible and embarrassingly shyte
  • X201 1 Jul 2012 05:22:27 14,696 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    glaeken wrote:
    Actually I saw a data research survey that showed that since this advertising campaign started, Go Compare is way top in terms of brand awareness (obviously), but the number of people using them hasn't increased much. They're not top of the industry but I imagine it'll pay off in the long run.
    Not with me it won't. Have mentally blacklisted them and will never use them.

Edit:fix quote

Edited by X201 at 16:37:36 01-07-2012
  • glaeken 2 Jul 2012 11:31:19 10,976 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @ecureuil But it has increased? That would suggest to me the increased brand awareness is working. Of course itís tricky to say for certain on the whole cause and effect thing but I am sure advertising types will claim credit.

And who had heard of Go compare before this advert campaign? Did they even exist? They almost seem like a firm that sprung into existence with the start of the campaign. Going from zero brand awareness to high brand awareness levels is quite an achievement even if they have done it by annoying the crap out of people. I am sure the advertising campaign itself is seen as a big success.
  • X201 2 Jul 2012 11:40:27 14,696 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    glaeken wrote:

And who had heard of Go compare before this advert campaign? Did they even exist? They almost seem like a firm that sprung into existence with the start of the campaign. Going from zero brand awareness to high brand awareness levels is quite an achievement even if they have done it by annoying the crap out of people. I am sure the advertising campaign itself is seen as a big success.
    Their adverts were like this before that bloody opera singer.

http://www.tellyads.com/show_movie.php?filename=TA3675
  • glaeken 2 Jul 2012 12:06:16 10,976 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ah there you go. I do actually remember those adverts. They particularly stuck out as the actors were ever so slightly deliberately working class. I can just hear the creativeís saying letís make them have slight working class accents so as not to alienate the pleb's.

It actually does not feel like that long since that advert was on. This is possibly down to my age or the fact it feels like an eternity of the opera singing bloke.

Edited by glaeken at 12:08:15 02-07-2012
  • X201 2 Jul 2012 13:08:21 14,696 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    In searching for that ad, I found that they'd been effectively blacklisted by Google at one point, for link spamming.

Edited by X201 at 13:08:50 02-07-2012
  • gang_of_bitches 2 Jul 2012 16:48:50 4,932 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This gem is currently on heavy rotation during the Tour De France coverage. It looks bad enough here, but the lip synch on the TV version is so atrocious it makes it many, many times worse.

Edited by gang_of_bitches at 16:49:08 02-07-2012
  • glaeken 2 Jul 2012 16:57:20 10,976 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Some people probably really hate this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcE7PfWK_Q4

I actually watch it every time it comes on even if it means stopping fast fowarding on the Sky Plus box.

Edited by glaeken at 16:57:33 02-07-2012
  • RobTheBuilder 2 Jul 2012 19:49:30 6,521 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thing is that GoCompare haven't made a popular ad. They've just spent so much money to ram it in peoples faces.

Seriously, I believe Compare the Meerkat operates on about a third of the media spend of GoCompare.

Any advertising that works purely on the basis of being annoying should have the advertisers strung up. I say that as someone who works in advertising.

A soulless, weak, badly made blot on the copybook of the advertising industry.

And

And

Do you know what the saddest thing of all is.

I believe the people behind it )or at least one of them) was part of the team that did the best ads ever. The Smash Martians. It's like Bruce Springsteen doing a duet with Nicki Minaj.

Sigh.
  • RedSparrows 2 Jul 2012 21:23:30 20,754 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    glaeken wrote:

I actually watch it every time it comes on even if it means stopping fast fowarding on the Sky Plus box.
    Hypnotic.

Shame I just use NRE, as it's er, cheaper...
  • gang_of_bitches 2 Jul 2012 21:31:52 4,932 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    glaeken wrote:

Hypnotic.

Shame I just use NRE, as it's er, cheaper...
    On what fares? For all the journeys I regularly do they're exactly the same price, as is the Virgin site.
  • RedSparrows 2 Jul 2012 21:33:10 20,754 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Iirc trainline has booking fares. NRE doesn't.

Although last used a long time ago... x
  • Page

of 112 First / Last