CityLink couldn't get laid in a monkey whorehouse with a bunch of bananas

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous
  • jimdigritz 5 Nov 2005 10:32:37 52 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    A friend asked me to build him a new PC, so I specced up a nice shiny new PC from overclockers.co.uk, ordered it Friday and paid 20 for next day Saturday delivery.

Overclockers despatched the package on Friday however the useless arse picking twats at City Link Initial have managed to 'lose' the package.... all I am getting told is that "it left the first warehouse on Friday, it will probably turn up on Monday or Tuesday" Fucking great, especially since I am away on business for 10 days... so even if they do try to deliver there wil be no one home to sign for it.

Unfuckingbelievable

I always feel a bit mongoloid buying overpriced bits from PCWorld, however at least I fucking get the item there and then...

/rant over..

Hope you guys are having a better day!!!

Jim
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 5 Nov 2005 10:33:55 37,784 posts
    Seen 35 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Thus why I call them "Shitty link".

Wouldn't use City Link if I were paid to.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Tommyc352 5 Nov 2005 10:36:25 1,293 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DDevil wrote:
    Thus why I call them "Shitty link".

Wouldn't use City Link if I were paid to.

We dont seem to use them much at work (a govt dept) anymore, as they seem too unreliable
  • Tweakmonkey 5 Nov 2005 10:36:33 1,296 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm just about to go to their depot in Barking to pick up a parcel - I hope they've not lost it!
  • Kostabi 5 Nov 2005 12:41:31 4,903 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was complaining about them in that DHL thread, glad to know it's not just me.

I've never had as much grief getting stuff delivered than I have with Citylink. They have a policy where they will only try delivery a couple of times before sending it back to the sender, what they don't tell you is that if they don't deliver it or an inept monkey can't find the house they count those as "attempts".

It wouldn't have annoyed me so much if the Citylink guy hadn't knocked on my door the previous two days trying to deliver a package to another house entirely. I kindly explained to him what my address was and then when it comes to finding my place for a delivery he somehow gets lost. :/

I won't even start on there nextday/48 stuff taking a week...
  • silentbob 5 Nov 2005 12:46:50 28,956 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    OK - CityLink have - without exception- been the best courier I have ever used in the past. I have not had a problem with any of my Overclockers deliveries (and that'll be a fair few).

Not only that but their web tracking is brilliant too!

Just thought I'd say that your experiences aren't universal. :)

VR News: www.roadtovr.com -- Follow us on Twitter.

• Mr_Dave 5 Nov 2005 13:01:24 496 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The worst case of stupid couriers for me was when the TNT delivery man could find my house, as it "was on a one way road".
  • deem 5 Nov 2005 13:13:09 31,641 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Nexus_6 5 Nov 2005 14:17:15 3,876 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    city link are absolute shite

i bought a new laptop through ebuyer last wednesday and it was marked that on normal delivery it would be with me on or before tuesday this week.

So i had someone wait in the house all day monday and tuesday AND wednesday and it still didnt arrive. I phoned ebuyer and they got me the name of the courier (city link) and the tracking number. put the number in city links website and it says they attempted delivery LAST thursday and friday with nobody home (which is a lie) and that they put a card through the door each time (which is a lie) So i managed to get away from work and drive to their depot on thursday and they come out with these excuses of my house being a flat (a lie) and it has a brown door doesnt it? (which is a lie)

bastards the lot of them.

oh even when at their depot it took 3 attempts, 3 different guys and about 20 minutes before they even found the thing!
  • terminalterror 5 Nov 2005 15:06:59 18,937 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    otto wrote:
    I dunno about City Link but TNT managed to fly a laptop from Taiwan to the airport ten minutes from my front door and then flew it off again half way round Europe to try to deliver it to a non-existent town in Bordeaux! o_O

All while I watched them doing it on web tracking. That was a phone call worth recording. :/

Transcript please!
  • Deleted user 19 October 2006 00:04:56
    Was gonna start a new thread but this one is worth bumping.

I've got a bunch o' stuff arriving from eBuyer tomorrow (supposedly). It was ordered in two seperate orders so it's two seperate consignment numbers. When I click on the 'Track My Order' link in eBuyers pages it tells me what I've ordered, then there's a chunk of Citylink consignment tracking details.

The first set of details tell me that my parcel has been delivered (on the 11th of the 9th, last month!), and signed for by Mr Sanson. Underneath is a jpeg of the signed delivery sheet, including the full name and address of the recipient. On the left of that is the tracking details, reproduced below.

2006-09-08 18:49 On route to delivery branch
    2006-09-09 04:10 Arrived at Delivery Branch
    2006-09-11 07:30 Goods loaded onto a van
    2006-10-18 21:55 On route to delivery branch

Clearly the first three entries relate to this mystery parcel whose delivery sheet I can see next to it, with the details pertaining to MY delivery at the bottom.

So, what's all that about? Are Citylink recycling consignment numbers and not clearing the records of the previous 'user'?
  • Razz 19 Oct 2006 00:10:42 61,055 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Urmmm maybe you've been provided with the wrong consignment number?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• TriodeBliss 19 Oct 2006 00:12:43 724 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's quite common for duplicate con numbers to pop up, especially if the carrier's customer (in this case eBuyer) has an implant for dispatching goods which links in to a main system.
    They usually have a minimum period for keeping tracking information, just in case the customer wants to check back on older consignments.

/worked at a courier company for six years

Edited by TriodeBliss at 00:13:07 19-10-2006
  • Deleted user 19 October 2006 00:16:14
    Razz wrote:
    Urmmm maybe you've been provided with the wrong consignment number?
    Nope, because at the bottom it's got the details of MY consignment as it get's sent out from the depot. Also, I have two orders on their way and the same thing has happened with the other order (a bunch of delivery details including signatory jpg for a previous order, followed by the tracking details of my own order).

I suspected it was just a case of recycling numbers, but isn't that a rather large hole in the security of my personal details which they claim to keep oh-so-safe?
  • ionic 19 Oct 2006 00:18:47 674 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    yeah ive got that on my ebuyer tracking order for an item im "supposed" to be getting tomorrow...shoddy business practice i say
  • TriodeBliss 19 Oct 2006 00:22:29 724 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm afraid to say it's endemic in the industry - I've seen it regularly in every carrier I've had dealings with, including CityLink, ANC, Amtrak, Lynx, TNT and Business Post.

Edited by TriodeBliss at 00:22:48 19-10-2006
  • Dirtbox 19 Oct 2006 00:24:11 77,686 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    These monkey whorehouses sound good, where might one find such a thing?

Them monkeys have a really good grip and a ripe looking poontang. If you get me.

Edited by Dirtbox at 00:24:37 19-10-2006

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Dragul 19 Oct 2006 00:28:59 5,478 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    TriodeBliss wrote:
    I'm afraid to say it's endemic in the industry - I've seen it regularly in every carrier I've had dealings with, including CityLink, ANC, Amtrak, Lynx, TNT and Business Post.

Edited by TriodeBliss at 00:22:48 19-10-2006

Same here... DHL lost a few months ago a box with 200cm by 50cm by 30cm that my company was supposed to receive... It's not exactly a small box... How do you lose something that big?!

Carrier services are the invention of the Devil!!!
  • Tomo 19 Oct 2006 00:30:28 13,886 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    City Link and DHL are the worst companies ever. I don't understand how they can possibly stay in business when SO many people have problems with them.

It's not like you hear the odd story where a letter is lost with Royal Mail... roughly every person I know has had an issue with these two. Awful.
  • TriodeBliss 19 Oct 2006 00:30:41 724 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The problem is, most customers imagine their parcels are picked up by the friendly driver, who then whisks them directly to their respective destinations.

Edited by TriodeBliss at 00:33:13 19-10-2006
  • Dragul 19 Oct 2006 00:33:17 5,478 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The reality is far worst... They are ugly, ill tempered and smelly drivers who hate their jobs...
  • Spectral 19 Oct 2006 00:33:58 4,979 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    City Link have been great for me, never had anything arrive late and everything has been in perfect condition. Even when I've not paid for next day service 99% of the time it arrives next day regardless. They've even done a saturday delivery without paying extra.
  • Dragul 19 Oct 2006 00:36:02 5,478 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Are you a plantet spectral? ;)
  • Spectral 19 Oct 2006 00:36:47 4,979 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nope, just been really lucky I guess.
  • Razz 19 Oct 2006 00:39:46 61,055 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    This thread delivers.

(o/

Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• WrongShui 19 Oct 2006 00:40:50 6,609 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    silentbob wrote:
    OK - CityLink have - without exception- been the best courier I have ever used in the past. I have not had a problem with any of my Overclockers deliveries (and that'll be a fair few).

Not only that but their web tracking is brilliant too!

Just thought I'd say that your experiences aren't universal. :)

Same here cept with gear from cclonline.
  • Megapocalypse 19 Oct 2006 00:44:37 5,385 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Spectral wrote:
    City Link have been great for me, never had anything arrive late and everything has been in perfect condition. Even when I've not paid for next day service 99% of the time it arrives next day regardless. They've even done a saturday delivery without paying extra.
    +1 here. Never had a problem.

And the last guy that delivered to me had a good sense of humor and appologised for disturbing me in my very hungover state!
  • TriodeBliss 19 Oct 2006 00:47:21 724 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sounds like we need a CityLink love-in thread.
  • Cuchulainn 19 Oct 2006 02:01:12 845 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It probably just depends on the local staff. Here in Cardiff I have to say that I like when companies use City Link because it always ends up next day delivery before 10am. Perfect! On the other hand Royal Mail are a pain in the arse - anything that's to be signed for and that I've missed the delivery for will be sent to the parcel office on the far side of town (I've no car, so it's a major hassle) instead of the local post office, regardless of the parcel size..
  • Deleted user 19 October 2006 08:24:03
    eBuyer use Citylink but I can assure you there's NO chance of your goods arriving 10am next day delivery whether you paid for it or not like some of you are saying. With eBuyer you really do have to pay the premium for that. Standard delivery charge at eBuyer results in a Citylink delivery about 5 days after you ordered...
  • Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous