Life is Strange: Before the Storm Page 3

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Next
  • HelloNo 2 Jan 2018 22:25:30 1,997 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Working through episode 3 at the moment. It's intense, in a good way. Sometimes it feels personal enough that I don't think I should be watching.
  • superdelphinus 3 Jan 2018 09:42:24 9,608 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I think Iím nearly at the end of the second chapter and I donít think I really like it very much, and I loved life is strange. It just seems cringingly emo too often, and not in a knowing way, in a computer game desperately trying to be moving way. Also why is everything so brown.

Having said that, Iíll probably end up being gutted when itís finished and Iíll end up loving it.
  • smoothpete 3 Jan 2018 10:18:42 34,392 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I finished it last night, I wasn't initially as interested in it as the first game but by the end I was properly into it. Motherfucker got me right in the feels at a couple of points too.

Chloe's dad, the on stage sequence and the bit by the burned forest. Fuck me. Literally did a little tear at the bit on stage after the truck comes through.

I was really puzzled how they would deal with the tone of the conclusion given we know how it pans out for the characters, but actually I think it worked well.
  • smoothpete 4 Jan 2018 08:46:28 34,392 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    the bit right near the end where Damon has given Sera the heroin, kicked Chloe unconscious, and is fighting Frank. Then Chloe wakes up and itís all over. I was convinced that was another dream sequence like with her dead dad. As in, Sera has ODíd and is dead, Chloe is still unconscious, and itís in her head. That confused me. Did anyone else have that impression during that scene?
  • superdelphinus 6 Jan 2018 10:15:03 9,608 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @smoothpete I did think it was an internal narrative sort of conversation rather than a real one, but then there wasnít anything that made it really obvious that it was like in previous examples so I guess it wasnít.

I finished it last night and I did end up loving it. Still a bit too heavy on the teenage emo music for me but a great game. I actually downloaded the first episode of life is strange 1 straight afterwards and it was interesting how much sort of hatred I had for max! Was great seeing Chloe rush in with her truck.

Edited by superdelphinus at 10:16:10 06-01-2018

Edited by superdelphinus at 11:18:14 06-01-2018
  • smoothpete 6 Jan 2018 16:38:25 34,392 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I think I would make a different choice at the end of the first game had I played the prequel first.

i would have saved Chloe rather than saved the town. She had a rough enough time of it.
  • Page

of 3 First / Last

Next

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.