Injustice 2 Page 4

• Page

of 18 First / Last

• Deleted user 17 May 2017 20:43:56
    @Decks

Not sure on outfits. I've only unlocked a few things for a few characters.

I've only tried around 5 of the roster but I quite like Swamp Thing. Some of the special moves are insane. Im liking the amount of single player content. There's a ton of stuff.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 17 May 2017 20:53:10 30,270 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Not sure about full costumes, but you seem to earn Mother Boxes(?) easily enough, that have all sorts of dress up items in them. I just got an "epic" Kryptonite Infused Belt for Batman. Which is nice.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 17 May 2017 20:55:49 30,270 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Also, I found this whilst trying to decode what the tutorial was actually asking me to do. Might be helpful for any other hapless n00bs out there.

https://www.primagames.com/games/injustice-2/tips/injustice-2-how-special-move-cancel
  • Deleted user 17 May 2017 20:59:29
    @StarchildHypocrethes

Thanks for the link :)
  • Deleted user 17 May 2017 21:28:19
    How does one knock an opponent into a different part of the stage environment? Can't bloody remember.
  • Your-Mother 17 May 2017 21:46:42 431 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Get them to the correct edge of the screen and then away+heavy

Edited by Your-Mother at 21:47:30 17-05-2017
  • Deleted user 17 May 2017 22:15:44
    @Your-Mother

Cheers. Twas simple enough in the end.
  • bovril 17 May 2017 23:54:11 141 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Do we have a guild for this yet?
  • y2rich 18 May 2017 12:50:57 2,967 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So this has quickly become my leading GotY contender by some distance.

Just over halfway through story mode based on the achievement I unlocked last night and levelled a few characters up through the multiverse. Some of the fight modifiers in that are brilliant. Had one where Constantine was available to call in as an assist and another 'the power of zoom' I think, where gameplay was sped up about 300%. Made fighting as Flash twice as fun

Edited by y2rich at 12:51:45 18-05-2017
  • Frogofdoom 18 May 2017 12:54:46 5,254 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @bovril not sure its worth it. You need a big guild to manage much in the multiverse it seems judging from the message it gives.
  • Darren 18 May 2017 13:12:23 9,462 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I was surprised to find out this game wasn't coming out on PC (at least not at the same time as the PS4 and Xbox One versions) but after watching DF's analysis of the game I decided to buy it for my PS4 Pro. I even managed to snag a steelbook copy when I pre-ordered it from GAME only yesterday after finding it sold out or selling for a ridiculous price on other sites (Ł84 on ShopTo.net for example!!!). I was expecting to get an email saying they couldn't fulfill the order but to my surprise the one I got was to tell me it had been sent. I haven't bought a game from, erm, GAME in years.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 18 May 2017 20:16:47 30,270 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Some of the character tutorials are aggravating as shit.
  • xero521 18 May 2017 22:13:18 433 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    TBH I didn't find them that bad I've completed them all and it didn't even have a trophy pop after the last one! It helps changing the controller settings too,but they are a piece of piss compared to the likes of street fighter.

Edited by xero521 at 22:13:56 18-05-2017
  • Rivuzu 19 May 2017 15:47:18 15,990 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Rivuzu wrote:
    Does this have the option to disable special move input hold like MKX? That wound me up with cancels
    Anyone? I've got this sitting at home but probably wont get on it till tomorrow! Just curious and not a deal breaker, but just means more adjustment otherwise, which is piffififififififififi.
  • nickthegun 19 May 2017 15:49:07 70,798 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I will be able to confirm in about 2 hours. Stupid work.
  • Your-Mother 19 May 2017 15:49:49 431 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    I would confirm it now but I've no idea what the hell that means. I just press buttons until Batman does his super move.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 19 May 2017 15:51:11 30,270 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yes you can.

I can also confirm that I am terrible at this. The story mode is kicking my ass.
  • Your-Mother 19 May 2017 15:52:40 431 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    There's a thing in Controller Config that says Disable Special Move Release Check (Negative Edge) if that helps.
  • Rivuzu 19 May 2017 15:57:48 15,990 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Your-Mother wrote:
    There's a thing in Controller Config that says Disable Special Move Release Check (Negative Edge) if that helps.
    That's the exact thing I was looking for. Cool. Excellent, cheers!

From my memory of how I understand this to work, when you do a special move input it'd only execute the attack when you release the button you press and not when you press it. I prefer having the immediacy of it coming out when you hit the button.

If you're struggling with special moves, try disabling!
  • AceGrace 19 May 2017 16:14:35 3,002 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ShopTo. Release date guarantee my anus!

Hasn't turned up. Can't claim Ł5 because you have to pay for recorded delivery.

Is it me or are they getting worse?
  • captain_markyboy 19 May 2017 17:07:09 759 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This is in my top 3 of unresponsive controls in a game.

I'm copying the moves in the tutorial to the letter, and they rarely work.

I fear my controller will get smashed if I play much more of this.

Looks good, but it's a button masher.
  • Frogofdoom 19 May 2017 17:09:40 5,254 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Haha is it fuck, play someone half decent and mash and you will get murdered.

You arent using the analog stick are you?
  • nickthegun 19 May 2017 17:24:17 70,798 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Rivuzu wrote:
    Your-Mother wrote:
    That's the exact thing I was looking for. Cool. Excellent, cheers!

From my memory of how I understand this to work, when you do a special move input it'd only execute the attack when you release the button you press and not when you press it. I prefer having the immediacy of it coming out when you hit the button.

If you're struggling with special moves, try disabling!
    Release check *does* help you with special move cancelling if you arent great at it but the problem is that it only helps if your string ends with the same button as the special otherwise you usually get the wrong thing.
  • Your-Mother 19 May 2017 17:28:09 431 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    The Joker redesign is garbage. He looks like a teenager who just discovered My Chemical Romance but didn't have enough money for a proper scene outfit.
  • captain_markyboy 19 May 2017 17:30:45 759 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Frogofdoom wrote:
    Haha is it fuck, play someone half decent and mash and you will get murdered.

You arent using the analog stick are you?
    I'm playing the single player, and managing to progress by just button mashing as I'm finding it almost impossible to remember the complicated button sequences, and relying on the controller responding correctly is hit and miss.
    I have an elite controller too.
    Yep I'm using the analogue stick; why? Is that not the right thing to do?
  • Frogofdoom 19 May 2017 17:38:14 5,254 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Analog sticks mess up your inputs a bit, you are far better off with a dpad. Quite often with the stick you think you are hitting down then right but the reality is you are missing it. As you play more it will become more fluid for you, there are much better players than me here though so someone like nick or riv would be far more helpful than me. Get away from button mashing as soon as you can though as you wont get any better by playing riverdance on the pad.

Edited by Frogofdoom at 17:38:50 19-05-2017
  • Page

of 18 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.