Switch eShop Update Thread.

• Page

of 26 First / Last

Previous
  • JoelStinty 9 Mar 2017 12:12:26 5,681 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The Switch gets its first update in Europe today.

Switch owners have the pleasure of trying and buying a deluge of games today:

Nam 1975 (Neo Geo) - 6.29
    Master Blaster Zero - 8.99

Feel free to update the thread with other regions updates, deals etc.

Update:

Shopping Internationally

To buy from the US store:

Buy US Nintendo Eshop credit from Play Asia with either card or PayPal. Create a Play Asia account and verify email address first. - You can also buy credit from local amazon pages too.

Then when you use the eshop code in the Switch store it will ask you for your zip code in order to apply US sales tax - so use the code from a few pages back (Oregon state IIRC) to get 0% tax added.
    Alaska (99551) has a very small percentage of tax so it usually comes to zero for small purchases, but for completely tax free stuff these zip codes can be used too:
    92164 - San Diego, California
    97222 - Milwaukie, Oregon
    97116 - Forest Grove, Oregon
    97080 - Gresham, Oregon

Thanks to Gurgy and Bluenose for the information.

Buying Online to remote download

As usual with Nintendo, they don't do things easy, there is no obvious online store front for the Switch as of yet, however from this page, you should be able to navigate to the desired game you wish to purchase if you get a sudden urge to purchase a game sat at work. Unfortunately, the Switch will not download the software until the switch is woken from sleep mode.

Uk Store.

You will need to have a Nintendo account connected with your Switch to do this.

Edited by JoelStinty at 17:38:32 02-07-2017
  • dominalien 9 Mar 2017 12:14:22 8,251 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Despite what has been said practically everywhere, the Switch's launch lineup is pretty good. These two gems will only round it out further.

And I'm only half-joking.
  • y2rich 9 Mar 2017 12:16:23 3,092 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    How are the Neo Geo games on the Switch? Assume they're not emulated the same poor way the recent Neo Geo handheld and PC releases were?
  • macmurphy 9 Mar 2017 12:19:35 2,353 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    JoelStinty wrote:
    The Switch gets its first update in Europe today.

Switch owners have the pleasure of trying and buying a deluge of games today:

Nam 1975 (Neo Geo)
    Master Blaster Zero

Will update with prices later on!
    The prices are on the coming soon page. 8.99 for Master Blaster, 6.29 for Nam 1975.Good thread though, be good to see some reviews and opinions.

Still only got Zelda as I can't really justify repurchasing Shovel Knight or Fast Race RMX, but I'm getting to the fuck it point with RMX. Might just purchase again. It was great on the Wii U (and I know this has some updated shit but I had all the DLC). It looks like the standout second title to me.

Anyone got Metal Slug? That's tempting.
  • JoelStinty 9 Mar 2017 12:24:02 5,681 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @macmurphy Thanks chap, i was going to have a look later on. I could remember the games, but not the prices.

Yeah i'm looking at shovel knight, RMX and snipperclips, i kind of want to stick to one game at a time but it be nice to maybe freshen things up with fast or something.
  • the_milkybar_kid 9 Mar 2017 12:31:11 5,898 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    If you made a Mexican account for Shovel Knight can you just link your current account to it?

Ah, seems like it was changed back to 20.

Edited by the_milkybar_kid at 12:36:39 09-03-2017
  • rice_sandwich 9 Mar 2017 12:31:19 2,852 posts
    Seen 59 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Will download Master Blaster Zero tonight and try to post some comments. It's already had a couple of good reviews.
  • JoelStinty 9 Mar 2017 12:32:48 5,681 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    the_milkybar_kid wrote:
    If you made a Mexican account for Shovel Knight can you just link your current account to it?
    I think that would delete any funds you have in your account. I think the best bet is to make a separate account and add funds to those accounts. I'm not 100% on that though.
  • DangerousDave_87 9 Mar 2017 12:38:12 2,435 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @JoelStinty Snipperclips is great if you have somebody to play with. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it if you're paying alone. Fast RMX is actually harder than the Wii U version, in my opinion. Looks and feels much nicer at least. Shovel Knight is the best of the bunch, though! I've yet to purchase it again, having already bought it on Wii U, but it's on the watch list.
  • Erek 9 Mar 2017 12:50:06 532 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @macmurphy I'm tempted by RMX too, especially for the update that would allow online play against friends. I fired up Fast on Wii U a moment ago by way of comparison and it's clear RMX looks much improved..
  • Duffking 9 Mar 2017 12:52:02 14,700 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Blaster Master looks pretty good then, might grab that. Hopefully they can keep up a decent feed of Indies in between big releases.
  • macmurphy 9 Mar 2017 12:55:18 2,353 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Duffking wrote:
    Blaster Master looks pretty good then, might grab that. Hopefully they can keep up a decent feed of Indies in between big releases.
    8 and 8 on Destructoid and Nintendolife.
  • macmurphy 9 Mar 2017 12:57:08 2,353 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Erek wrote:
    @macmurphy I'm tempted by RMX too, especially for the update that would allow online play against friends. I fired up Fast on Wii U a moment ago by way of comparison and it's clear RMX looks much improved..
    And there goes another 17. You made me look at the preview video and it looked awesome. I guess I'm saving 6.29 on the SNK titles I was eyeing up. I'll update. Think I'll also get snipperclips.

Edited by macmurphy at 12:58:49 09-03-2017
  • Mfolf 9 Mar 2017 12:57:57 1,156 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Sorry if daft question but whytf are neogeo games on there and not some of the million and one Nintendo classics?!
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 9 Mar 2017 13:00:10 31,374 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm not one to reel this old chestnut out, but "please understand".

I realise there are processes like submitting them to the ratings people that might have to happen too, so maybe they have started.

Edited by DFawkes at 13:06:41 09-03-2017
  • Duffking 9 Mar 2017 13:02:45 14,700 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mfolf wrote:
    Sorry if daft question but whytf are neogeo games on there and not some of the million and one Nintendo classics?!
    Presumably they've been handled by someone else rather than actually being Virtual console.
  • macmurphy 9 Mar 2017 13:03:25 2,353 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mfolf wrote:
    I read this in the quotes section of a metal slug review but it makes sense:

Since Nintendo hasn't branded it yet I believe that SNK is using the "ACA" label or "Arcade Archives" - but yeah, it's essentially a VC game.

So VC catalogue is not ready, but they use this branding sleight of hand to bump up the number of titles on the E-shop for launch.
  • rice_sandwich 9 Mar 2017 15:24:23 2,852 posts
    Seen 59 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I think I'll also get Nam 75. Read a review of the Wii version and it seems decent in short bursts. I loved Operation Wolf back in the day do this should do nicely. Online leaderboards too.
  • Rewsan 9 Mar 2017 15:31:33 278 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm tempted by Master Blaster but may leave it a week to see
    how it lands. Got Zelda, I am Setsuna and Sniperclips to keep me going for now. I think I'll grab Shovel Knight in the next month or so too, not played it at all yet.
  • JoelStinty 9 Mar 2017 15:39:24 5,681 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    DangerousDave_87 wrote:
    @JoelStinty Snipperclips is great if you have somebody to play with. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it if you're paying alone. Fast RMX is actually harder than the Wii U version, in my opinion. Looks and feels much nicer at least. Shovel Knight is the best of the bunch, though! I've yet to purchase it again, having already bought it on Wii U, but it's on the watch list.
    Caved and brought RMX. I normally have one arcade title *non story* and one story game on the go anyway. Should fill in the gaps when i want to play something a little bit different.
  • macmurphy 9 Mar 2017 15:43:19 2,353 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Caved as well. It's lovely. Don't know why I waited.
  • DangerousDave_87 9 Mar 2017 15:55:18 2,435 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Hmm... I should have made my last post about Fast RMX in here, rather than just the thread for the game. Don't get me wrong, it's great for the first 5 or 6 cups. It looks the part and plays the part, but then something seems to go a bit wrong. The AI just ramps up in difficulty to a point where i'm not sure it's humanly possible to beat it. It could well be that i'm rubbish, but I'm finding i'm constantly finishing 5th place in the last few cups regardless of my performance. After another stab at it this morning, I'm genuinely wondering if there's a problem with the AI that they've overlooked.

If I were you, i'd stick to the lowest difficulty for the time being and then maybe hit the online mode (which is far more forgiving).

I wish i'd come to this conclusion before writing up that last post, but it was Duffking's post in the other thread that triggered the concern. It sounds like they're having an identical experience to me.

Edit - It's worth pointing out that no review yet has pointed out this issues and it's being rated quite highly.

Edited by DangerousDave_87 at 15:55:51 09-03-2017
  • the_dudefather 9 Mar 2017 15:57:58 10,416 posts
    Seen 32 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah, I'm having trouble on the 3rd tier of tracks, gets pretty tough
  • Dizzy 9 Mar 2017 16:02:54 3,416 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I need Spelunky on Switch
  • DangerousDave_87 9 Mar 2017 16:40:22 2,435 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Dizzy Such news would be amazing! Fez and Rocket League would also be very welcome, but if I could have only one, Spelunky would be it!

Edited by DangerousDave_87 at 16:40:42 09-03-2017
  • el_pollo_diablo 9 Mar 2017 17:20:08 2,689 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'd love Broforce too. Local MP would be a perfect fit.
  • Armoured_Bear 9 Mar 2017 17:21:48 20,355 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Could someone fix the title please?
    "eShop"
  • Goban 9 Mar 2017 17:50:09 9,919 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I had the same problem on f-zero on the cube, i think I'm probably a bit rubbish at these sorts of games. Hence why I'm holding back on fast rmx.
  • darrenb 9 Mar 2017 18:23:38 928 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I know I'm bound to end up with both , but shovel Knight or master blaster to kill a couple of hours later ??
  • el_pollo_diablo 9 Mar 2017 18:24:48 2,689 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Im waiting to see if Redline is any cop before grabbing RMX.
  • Page

of 26 First / Last

Previous

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.