The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild Page 230

• Page

of 233 First / Last

• Phattso 6 Oct 2017 09:37:05 22,014 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Finish the 4th, then make a bee-line for the end. I skipped most of the fighting in the game, wasn't to my tastes, and I managed it. Might take you a few attempts, but it's doable.

Without giving too much away regarding the memories, if you don't have them all you won't see the full ending, but you could just YouTube it if you're ready to move on FROM THE BEST FUCKING GAME OF ALL TIME! ;)
  • THFourteen 6 Oct 2017 11:30:35 46,269 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Phattso

Yeah i dont like the fighting mechanic, its irritatingly hack n slashy, plus the breakable weapons make it doubly irritating - you get attacked by 20 moblins, kill them all with a 25attack weapon because thats the lowest attack you have, it breaks and then you get a 6 attack spear in return, great.

Am not "done with it" as such, but there are so many other switch games out at the moment i want to try and i feel like i'm missing out
  • CosmicFuzz 6 Oct 2017 11:53:33 32,022 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    It's broken up into three smaller trials, first one has 12 levels I think. Took me about 25-40 minutes to get to the end (and then die). Spent longer on my first go creeping about, second go I went a lot faster as knew what to expect etc.
    If you die, do you go back to the very beginning or to the beginning of the mintrial ?
    Sorry just saw this. If you die you go back to the start. Very annoying!
  • Red_Bool 10 Oct 2017 09:43:41 1,555 posts
    Seen 18 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So proud! My oldest son beat Ganon yesterday :) I still have to do that myself, but have been postponing that for months now.

We've been playing since release. Such a great, great game to play and help each other out with finding memories, better gear, solving riddles/puzzles/temples. It is also fun to see the different solutions we both came up with. Game of the Decade for me so far :)
  • Armoured_Bear 10 Oct 2017 10:15:46 20,482 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    It's broken up into three smaller trials, first one has 12 levels I think. Took me about 25-40 minutes to get to the end (and then die). Spent longer on my first go creeping about, second go I went a lot faster as knew what to expect etc.
    If you die, do you go back to the very beginning or to the beginning of the mintrial ?
    Sorry just saw this. If you die you go back to the start. Very annoying!
    No probs, shame, I doubt I'll ever manage it then.
    Powered up Master Sword sounds tasty though.
  • Armoured_Bear 10 Oct 2017 10:16:24 20,482 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    @Phattso

Yeah i dont like the fighting mechanic, its irritatingly hack n slashy, plus the breakable weapons make it doubly irritating - you get attacked by 20 moblins, kill them all with a 25attack weapon because thats the lowest attack you have, it breaks and then you get a 6 attack spear in return, great.

Am not "done with it" as such, but there are so many other switch games out at the moment i want to try and i feel like i'm missing out
    You need to mix your slashing with arrows, bombs etc.
  • DangerousDave_87 12 Oct 2017 17:55:29 2,713 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    So this was a glitch from back months back, but I had no means of uploading the screenshots at the time.

• JiveHound 25 Oct 2017 01:55:44 8,953 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So, still waiting to find out when this DLC drops.
  • Salaman 25 Oct 2017 08:55:28 22,830 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    DangerousDave_87 wrote:
    So this was a glitch from back months back, but I had no means of uploading the screenshots at the time.

THere's a mime minigame? I never knew.
  • Phattso 25 Oct 2017 09:08:25 22,014 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    JiveHound wrote:
    So, still waiting to find out when this DLC drops.
    I imagine they're going to wait until MARIO FEVER peaks before distracting us with a Zelda date. Feels like a late November release is likely, although I base that on nothing tangible. :)
  • Kay 25 Oct 2017 09:28:20 19,376 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I reckon it'll drop as a Christmas treat, sometime in mid-December.
  • ghearoid 25 Oct 2017 09:59:37 2,657 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I'm guessing around the time the champions amiibo drop so mid to late November. I'm sure plenty of people (like me) haven't bought the DLC yet and are waiting to see what it contains so the amiibo launch will add a bit of hype again.
  • CosmicFuzz 25 Oct 2017 12:18:40 32,022 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    17 shrines left...

Plus a few memories. Then onto kick Gannon's arse!

Is there a limit on how many hearts you can upgrade to? I've got 2 full stamina wheels now and that seems to be enough for climbing most stuff. Would like to put the remaining upgrades into hearts...
  • Zomoniac 25 Oct 2017 13:19:48 9,438 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Max hearts is 30, max stamina is three wheels. If you do all shrines and beasts you can end up with 27 hearts and 3 wheels or 30 hearts and 2.4 wheels, but you can't max both. I maxed out my stamina a while ago, seemed far more useful. I think I have 11 shrines left, plus one beast which I've just reached the boss of but not had chance to finish yet.
  • ecu 25 Oct 2017 13:23:02 80,135 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Definitely do max stamina, itís far more useful. 27 hearts is more than enough.
  • ghearoid 25 Oct 2017 13:32:30 2,657 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Yeah, stamina is way more useful, I maxed out that first, then did the hearts.
  • Red_Bool 25 Oct 2017 13:41:17 1,555 posts
    Seen 18 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Another shout for stamina. Also there are plenty of simple meals (Hearty Durians, Hearty Radish) you can cook that will increase the number of hearts if needed.
  • CosmicFuzz 25 Oct 2017 13:41:41 32,022 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hmm. Might go for stamina then if there's only three hearts in it. Think I've got 17 spirit orbs saved up already so could grab a full stamina wheel now.

Once I've maxed everything out I might give trial of the sword another go. Done the first trial but found it incredibly stressful! Maxed out stats plus a good sleep in an inn beforehand should see me through it...
  • JiveHound 25 Oct 2017 14:39:43 8,953 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ghearoid wrote:
    I'm guessing around the time the champions amiibo drop so mid to late November. I'm sure plenty of people (like me) haven't bought the DLC yet and are waiting to see what it contains so the amiibo launch will add a bit of hype again.
    Is that the date that's been given for thr amiibos then? If so that seems an accurate shout. I'm also waiting for the second one before dropping money on the pass but I'm getting to the point where I'm desperate for more meaningful content. I'm still looking for shrines sporadically but it would be nice to have more stuff to get my teeth into.
  • Zomoniac 25 Oct 2017 15:17:51 9,438 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The estimated dispatch date for the amiibo is 10th Nov. Not sure if that means release day (hopefully, since my Nintendo store order for Odyssey has an estimated dispatch date of Friday, which had better not be true).
  • THFourteen 27 Oct 2017 22:48:09 46,269 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    God the princess is such a wet blanket. Wtf did link see in her. Moany cow.

Did anyone NOT cheat to find the memory in the castle study
  • Ror 27 Oct 2017 23:27:16 16,620 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I semi-cheated on that one. I watched a video that showed their locations, but as soon as it said the general area I closed the tab and went and found it myself.
  • ghearoid 27 Oct 2017 23:31:27 2,657 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:

Link was in love with Mipha though, wasn't he?

The painter guy told me where the castle memory was and I spotted the architecture from below.

I used a guide for one thing only - the Korok Forest constellation shrine, still don't understand that one, had to copy a video lmao.
  • Red_Bool 27 Oct 2017 23:48:55 1,555 posts
    Seen 18 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:

Found that one without cheating. Looked everywhere twice or more and then suddenly stumbled upon it.
  • Ror 28 Oct 2017 00:06:53 16,620 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ghearoid wrote:
    Hey! That's my headcanon!

It seems to me that Mipha felt that way about Link, but he didn't necessarily feel the same way.
  • DakeyrasUK 28 Oct 2017 05:54:08 1,184 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @ghearoid that was one of my favourite shrine puzzles. each constellation was on the large wall upto 5 times i think. You hade to put the balls in the corresponding numbered hole.
  • ghearoid 28 Oct 2017 08:06:02 2,657 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Ror wrote:
    ghearoid wrote:
    Hey! That's my headcanon!

It seems to me that Mipha felt that way about Link, but he didn't necessarily feel the same way.
    Weren't they getting married? Mipha made him his armour for the wedding. It seems that way from King Zora when he gives Link his stuff.

That Link, so enigmatic, such a player!
  • elstoof 28 Oct 2017 08:20:28 18,669 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    but there are so many other switch games out at the moment
    Not a phrase anyone expected to say about a Nintendo console barely 6 months old
  • robc84 28 Oct 2017 09:21:47 11,909 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What's the best approach for the memories?

I think I have about 3, but now struggling. I have most of the map still to unlock, so I assume it's best to just explore, do side quests, shrines etc and hopefully come across them?
  • JiveHound 28 Oct 2017 09:29:57 8,953 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Find all the stables...
  • Page

of 233 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.