• Page

of 11 First / Last

• terminalterror 28 May 2005 00:13:46 18,937 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Lutz wrote:
    Daryoon wrote:
    I think they went into the lava
    Yet his body didn't? The swipe was when Anakin was at the apex/zenith of his flippy thing, so the odds of his arms/legs going in and his body not seems very high...

Maybe Palpatine is just a bastard?
  • Lutz 28 May 2005 00:14:17 48,854 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    True... :D
  • Freek 28 May 2005 00:22:27 7,684 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Feanor 28 May 2005 02:39:10 14,185 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    When Palpatine said to his flunkies to get the stretcher pod or whatever, I was thinking some tube filled with healing fluid or something was going to show up. Kind of like the thing they put Luke in on Hoth in Empire Strikes Back. But then all poor Anakin got was a floating stretcher! And then they go and put robot legs on him without even cleaning the lava crap off him first. I know Star Wars doesn't have to make sense on everything, but this bit was farcical and pulled me out of the moment, unfortunately.
  • terminalterror 28 May 2005 10:15:30 18,937 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Furbs wrote:
    I'm amazed the "farcical" nature of the moment pulled you out of the film - you do know theres no sound in space right? :p

The way films are going, I take it for granted that they fuck with the laws of nature and just enjoy the cool tiefighter sounds etc. so when there is a film with no sound in space, it actually pulls me out of the film as I think "\o/ - correct physics!". I really hope the sound effects in the Serenity trailer were just there for the trailer.
  • ekko 28 May 2005 10:42:27 904 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It also doesn't explain why Darth Vader needs breathing apperatus when "only" had his arms and legs cut off.

I know he got some serious burnage, but burns victims don't need help breathing do they?
  • Khanivor 28 May 2005 12:06:40 41,294 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    His face went on fire, so he would have sucked the flames and heat down into his lungs. a fairly common occurence in burns victims.
  • Madder-Max 31 May 2005 11:30:16 11,689 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Could have done with seeing Vader go on the rampage a bit more and why didn't he kill Palpatine in anger for betraying him about keeping Padme alive?

All in all thought really good and will go see again.

Grevious though.....he looked like a Robocop type cyborg...you know the evil robocop with just the brain stem.

Did not explain though why he had a chest infection though...

If lucas does make another lets see Vader go have his fun for 20 years b4 that pesky Luke kid turns up....

Oh and with regards to him turning... he had just killed whassis face and the stability he once knew was no longer there. He was emotiuonally free-falling and the only person there was Sidious. Of course Vader was going to grab onto Sidiuous out of sheer desperation (Thread trawl time I have not..)

Edited by Madder Max at 11:32:37 31-05-2005

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Freek 31 May 2005 22:54:10 7,684 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Says it all really
    LOL

I liked it though and it was way better then Clone Wars.

Edited by Freek at 22:53:52 31-05-2005
  • Lutz 1 Jun 2005 07:35:06 48,854 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You know... a LOT of places mention plot holes... without ACTUALLY giving details as to what they are...
  • Bill-Gates-is-Evil 1 Jun 2005 07:50:45 8,934 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Honestly, who gives a fuck about these kinds of details? Just watch the fucking movie.

The kind of people who go into excrutiating detail over something completely unrelated to reality would be far better off use their critical skills on their own--usually lacking--lives.

I just think it's funny how the people who criticize the makers of Star Wars (or any other niche that has nothing to do with reality) using an air of superiority are usually grossly obese or grossly underweight, with severe emotional, social, and personal problems. Like the fucking comic book store owner in the Simpsons. Highly critical but yet highly pathetic.
  • Lutz 1 Jun 2005 07:58:50 48,854 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    /hands BGiE a tar brush

Gogogo!
  • Bill-Gates-is-Evil 1 Jun 2005 08:09:11 8,934 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    He is one of the best characters, because he resembles so many people.
  • Lutz 1 Jun 2005 08:11:12 48,854 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Bill Gates is Evil wrote:
    Funny... I don't know a single person like that in real life...

Actually... I take that back... I know one. Well, knew TBH.
  • Bill-Gates-is-Evil 1 Jun 2005 08:26:12 8,934 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I consider 50% of this forum to resemble that character. I suppose i'm lenient when I use "resemble".
  • Lutz 1 Jun 2005 08:28:36 48,854 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I consider 50% of this forum to resemble that character. I suppose i'm lenient when I use "resemble".
    And you'd be about 98% wrong too...
  • Bill-Gates-is-Evil 1 Jun 2005 08:37:59 8,934 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I suppose I should point out that you probably most resemble that Simpsons character out of any one on this forum.
  • Lutz 1 Jun 2005 08:39:13 48,854 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I suppose I should point out that you probably most resemble that Simpsons character out of any one on this forum.
    I rule.

And no you may not touch the first edition spiderman comic.

Begone.
  • Bill-Gates-is-Evil 1 Jun 2005 08:41:57 8,934 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    why quote the Simpsons character? There is so much good material on this thread.

Yet his body didn't? The swipe was when Anakin was at the apex/zenith of his flippy thing, so the odds of his arms/legs going in and his body not seems very high...
  • Lutz 1 Jun 2005 08:42:57 48,854 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    One of my faves.
  • Madder-Max 1 Jun 2005 09:20:02 11,689 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Honestly, who gives a fuck about these kinds of details? Just watch the fucking movie.

The kind of people who go into excrutiating detail over something completely unrelated to reality would be far better off use their critical skills on their own--usually lacking--lives.

I just think it's funny how the people who criticize the makers of Star Wars (or any other niche that has nothing to do with reality) using an air of superiority are usually grossly obese or grossly underweight, with severe emotional, social, and personal problems. Like the fucking comic book store owner in the Simpsons. Highly critical but yet highly pathetic.
    #

There we go again. generalise generalise (same as tar brush so respect to lutz..)

• Bill-Gates-is-Evil 1 Jun 2005 09:23:04 8,934 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    madder, you're following me around enough that I think I'll start calling you 'my little bitch boy'
  • Madder-Max 1 Jun 2005 09:24:31 11,689 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    madder, you're following me around enough that I think I'll start calling you 'my little bitch boy'

oooh! Thats an avenue i have never previously expored! Do i get to wear a gimp suit?

• cov 1 Jun 2005 10:22:47 895 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Lutz wrote:
    Funny... I don't know a single person like that in real life...

Actually... I take that back... I know one. Well, knew TBH.

unfortunately when I saw ROTS on bank holiday monday I saw him :(

big old tub of lard, greasy hair, pony tail, original sw t-shirt, huge tub of pop corn, massive beaker of coke, all fired up took a seat center center clearly the event of the decade for him

what confirmed it?

I realised he was carrying two pizzas from pizza hut which he proceeded to scoff through the film

unreal
  • Madder-Max 1 Jun 2005 10:29:40 11,689 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    There were only 25 tickets booked for the showing i saw which was bliss. I carefully positioned myself at the centre but I am slim, no pony tail and only has a lil thing of pepsi. (Phew!)

Thing is though that in a virtually empty cinema the Dad and his 7 year old son just HAD to end up sitting next to me. (it is a 12 rated film too as we know...)

So as the film started the kid got hyper and started swishing an imaginary light-sabre around. I nearly 'swished' my pepsi all over him and his Dad....but stopped myself, utterred the loudest tut i could and dramatically moved a few seats along. Just glad the cinema wasn't busy otherwise there would have been security footage of me killing younglings...

• MikeD 1 Jun 2005 10:32:10 10,063 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    cov wrote:
    big old tub of lard, greasy hair, pony tail, original sw t-shirt, huge tub of pop corn, massive beaker of coke, all fired up took a seat center center clearly the event of the decade for him

what confirmed it?

I realised he was carrying two pizzas from pizza hut which he proceeded to scoff through the film

unreal

Lol, this wouldn't have been in shenfield, would it?
  • Freek 20 Jun 2005 23:27:13 7,684 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Where's Padme? (may need to hit refresh after it loads)
    LOL!!
  • Page

of 11 First / Last