Pokemon GO Page 114

• Page

of 115 First / Last

• mrpon 1 Feb 2018 15:41:37 34,090 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just noticed a twinkle icon on the mon screen, I must've captured a shiny via Go-tcha!
  • Jim_Dix 1 Feb 2018 19:02:16 378 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @mrpon Aron would be my guess.
  • Matt36 2 Feb 2018 18:04:03 2,112 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've now got 4x Aggron.

Aron is worse than Pidgey for being common here in Florida.
  • RawShark 6 Feb 2018 10:55:29 214 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hatched a Wynaut and that little beauty got me the Hoenn gold medal. Just Azurill to go (although it looks like I'm going to be walking Trapinch for a long long time)

Latest news is that Quests are going to be introduced soon. Not sure how they're going to differentiate that from the medals but guess we'll have to see.
  • brokenkey 6 Feb 2018 11:19:08 9,388 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Quests in Ingress are called Missions, andare user-created tasks - visit X portals in order, answer some questions, do something to indicate taking control etc.
  • Jim_Dix 6 Feb 2018 11:27:17 378 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    brokenkey wrote:
    Quests in Ingress are called Missions, andare user-created tasks - visit X portals in order, answer some questions, do something to indicate taking control etc.
    Quests in Pokemon Go:

Professor Willow: "I'm researching flying pokemon! I need you to head out and catch me ten... Spearow! It'll really help with my work!"

Catch ten Spearow. Get some XP, maybe a little stardust if you're lucky.

:lol:
  • Matt36 6 Feb 2018 15:43:23 2,112 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't want quests! I WANT LUGIA, ZAPDOS & ARTICUNO! :(

Smeargle too as I'm being needy.
  • GuybrushThreepwood 6 Feb 2018 15:46:40 1,805 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Matt36 wrote:

I want my wife to pack in the game now. The mechanics are not as much fun as they once were and the game (and cheaters) seems to be getting her down more than giving her enjoyment. She's only playing it now as she put so much effort in the last couple of years I figure once the Harry Potter game comes out she'll bin this.
  • Matt36 6 Feb 2018 15:54:00 2,112 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    GuybrushThreepwood wrote:
    Matt36 wrote:

I want my wife to pack in the game now. The mechanics are not as much fun as they once were and the game (and cheaters) seems to be getting her down more than giving her enjoyment. She's only playing it now as she put so much effort in the last couple of years I figure once the Harry Potter game comes out she'll bin this.
    Makes sense. Games are supposed to be enjoyable, not a routine. Nothing wrong with her having a break perhaps? Games still going to be here in the future.
  • brokenkey 6 Feb 2018 16:27:47 9,388 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Matt36 wrote:

It's not competitive, so why do spoofers bother her?
  • PazJohnMitch 6 Feb 2018 16:59:03 13,276 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Post deleted
  • PazJohnMitch 6 Feb 2018 16:59:03 13,276 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Taking a gym in the middle of nowhere and placing a Pokemon in it only to have it defeated in minutes and fully stocked with 6 new Pokemon is really annoying.

There was literally nobody else close enough to legitimately attack the gym.
  • GuybrushThreepwood 6 Feb 2018 18:03:50 1,805 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    brokenkey wrote:
    Matt36 wrote:

It's not competitive, so why do spoofers bother her?
    As said above, she was taking out a gym (the only one near us) and it was populating and being fed as she was doing it. There was no one nearby, so had to be spoofers. Two were at level 40 and we know the third is an alt of one of the 40s.
  • Jim_Dix 7 Feb 2018 08:13:45 378 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Be advised all, something weird is going on in PoGo. Worldwide reports of EX passes being dropped last night for gyms that aren't activated for the raids and being given to people who haven't even raided at them.

I myself received a pass for a nearby gym that I have only visited once about a fortnight ago. I literally span the gym and added a pokemon to it, was not even a raid there to battle. But I have received an EX pass from it. Multiple similar reports from members of my group, some can't remember the last time they visited this gym.

My suspicion is that this is some kind of Mewtwo birthday event, and Niantic are trying to play around their own system and get passes out to people who ordinarily wouldn't qualify.
  • brokenkey 7 Feb 2018 09:28:19 9,388 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Yeah, I got an EX raid pass for a gym that we battled for control of on new years eve, but didn't raid on. Oh yeah, and its 100 miles away.
  • PazJohnMitch 7 Feb 2018 10:04:37 13,276 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    100 miles away... It is as if Niantic are trying to encourage spoofing.

Suffice to say still no EX Raid invite for me.
  • RawShark 7 Feb 2018 10:28:37 214 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, one of my group got an ex raid pass for a gym in Spain. But I still haven't got anything.

This system is so broken. I know people who've received multiple passes just because their local gyms happen to be eligible and they get to raid them regularly. Meanwhile I'm stuck in some kind of dead zone where I can't get a pass despite trying to get out and raid daily. And now they do this, and as you say, most people could only attend these raids by spoofing.

Dammit I deserve my endgame!
  • Jim_Dix 8 Feb 2018 08:05:18 378 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    9/16 for Kyogre now. And my friend finally caught his first yesterday.

Only holding my best two though, the others have all gone to the professor.
  • RawShark 8 Feb 2018 10:23:36 214 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Jim_Dix I've got a 9 strong Kyogre squadron - best one being 91%. He's a Thunder type, but considering that's not a bad option for Kyogre raids I'm not TMing him just yet.

I think I'm going try and hold out for the next double candy event before transferring the rest of them.
  • PazJohnMitch 8 Feb 2018 10:43:56 13,276 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I have only kept 2.

A 91% IV level 20 and a 82% IV level 25.
  • Jim_Dix 8 Feb 2018 10:54:47 378 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I caught a 97.8% on the first day. Can basically throw all the rest now. I'm planning to just keep that one and the 97.8% Groudon I have, though he wasn't boosted by weather and will need some candies to get him up to the Kyogres level.

Still, I'm only slightly over 50% catch rate on Kyogre, which must be pretty good considering the trouble some people seem to have had.
  • PazJohnMitch 8 Feb 2018 13:22:38 13,276 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I am on 6/13 with most of the failures being in the first week before they moved it closer and fixed some of the bugs.
  • Matt36 8 Feb 2018 16:33:16 2,112 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    2/9...I give up on it. Got 2 good ones, that will do me.

200 Wailmer candies now. Getting there. Slowly.
  • PazJohnMitch 8 Feb 2018 17:25:29 13,276 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I do have a Wailord. It is really disappointing to be honest.

A rubbish level 20 Kyogre would probably be better than a perfect level 40 Wailord.
  • Jim_Dix 8 Feb 2018 20:40:30 378 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I got Wailord pretty quickly as I had Wailmer appearing regularly outside work. Was pretty unimpressed when I evolved it and it was only 1500 or so CP. It has good IV's but I have since caught an even better one. I can now either do a second Wailord, or power up the first one.
  • PazJohnMitch 8 Feb 2018 22:14:05 13,276 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just hatched a Nosepass which I am really happy about as that was a potential banana skin.

Still no sign of Trapinch or wynaut though. (Also likely to be a few others).

Up to 326 owned and 340 seen now. Not sure how many are currently available though? 360ish? (Although it should increase to about 380 at the weekend).
  • Matt36 9 Feb 2018 16:17:53 2,112 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Keep going with nosepass, need them for Gen 4!

Anyone got any of the new wave 'mons today?
  • Jim_Dix 9 Feb 2018 19:48:59 378 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Matt36 wrote:
    Keep going with nosepass, need them for Gen 4!

Anyone got any of the new wave 'mons today?
    Really? Nosepass is very common around me. A daily catch. Is it rare for some people then?

Also, those who've caught a few, do you find it unnecessarily prone to breaking loose?
  • PazJohnMitch 9 Feb 2018 21:34:13 13,276 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Not seen a wild Nosepass in London and only spotted 1 in a gym.

New Pokemon appeared at 2100.
  • Matt36 9 Feb 2018 23:07:57 2,112 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've caught loads here, but then again back in Europe a lot of others you find a lot - I don't.

I've 55 candies. Should do me.

I caught a Swablu just now, that's my only new addition from the new bunch available. You can also catch a shiny version too!
  • Page

of 115 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.