Dishono(u)red 2 Page 29

• Page

of 29 First / Last

Next
  • JiveHound 19 Sep 2017 11:13:37 8,765 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Not as yet, I did find a likely spot on Dunwall escape but bottled it.
  • TurkeyNeck 20 Sep 2017 09:49:25 101 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    On mission 3 of DotO and I'm loving it so far.

Though there's one little complaint, and it is that with no chaos system and no trophy for a 'clean hands' run there is absolutely no reason to leave anyone alive. This also makes some of the tools at your disposal completey redundant.

I'm all for the no chaos system but there needs to be a reason for including non-lethal tools otherwise they are pointless. I believe they should have added a 'clean hands' run in the trophy list. Though i guess the Semblance power could give cause to leave people alive for a time.

I'm aware I could just challenge myself and try a clean hands run but it seems slightly pointless when the game doesn't acknowledge it.

Don't get me wrong I'm still having a huge
    amount of fun but with the 'no powers' run also removed along with 'clean hands' thats two of the four playthroughs I enjoyed on D2 removed.

Am i being fussy or does anyone else feel a little bit of replay value has been removed?

Edited by TurkeyNeck at 09:52:34 20-09-2017
  • SirScratchalot 20 Sep 2017 11:57:19 7,907 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I sort of prefer it to be honest. In Deus Ex (first prequel) I killed only the soldiers attacking the tube motel for example, I felt they deserved it. In DH I killed no one in complete fear of the chaos mechanic, as such I used none of the nifty tools or powers used for murder.

So if the non-lethal options become more a role-playing tool in DotO, rather than an overarching mechanic of the game (with a clear "wrong" choice) I'd see it as a positive. A character or two remarking that you're showing restraint and they appreciate it is more than enough for me.

Edited by SirScratchalot at 11:58:31 20-09-2017
  • the_dudefather 20 Sep 2017 12:05:28 10,419 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Spent quite a while in the first mission of Death of the outsider trying to figure out a way of getting into the restricted areas of the baths that don't involve murdering everyone or paying the bribe, feels like there should be another way, but maybe there are fewer options as it's the first mission
  • supermichael26 20 Sep 2017 12:34:47 13 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @the_dudefather There is a way to get up to them without killing or paying a bribe. I ended up ghosting the whole of the first level. check the room on the left on the main floor of the baths you will then be able to climb up to them.
  • TurkeyNeck 20 Sep 2017 12:58:54 101 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    @SirScratchalot I agree with what you say though I think the trophy for not killing anyone and the no powers run should have remained just for that replay value.
  • the_dudefather 20 Sep 2017 13:33:28 10,419 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @supermichael26 Might have another look, wasn't able to find a way up to the overhead area (aside from the locked door)
  • TurkeyNeck 20 Sep 2017 13:40:32 101 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    @the_dudefather

It's quite easy to miss to be fair. You can't even see the opening unless you're stood right underneath it. Took me a good while to find it.
  • SirScratchalot 21 Sep 2017 07:07:12 7,907 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @TurkeyNeck Yeah, the trophies could remain certainly, though with my lackign mental strength they'd probably wind up affecting my playthrough anyway. Subconsciously optimizing for trophies is something I really wish I could stop doing.
  • Syrette 23 Sep 2017 16:36:41 49,109 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Bit gutted about the length of this - it's going to be over too soon. Unless the two remaining missions are particularly long. Doing all the contracts even though I don't particularly need the coin.
  • TurkeyNeck 23 Sep 2017 17:26:46 101 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    @Syrette

I've been pissing about on level 2 for about 4 hours!
  • smemma 23 Sep 2017 19:02:03 565 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @TurkeyNeck yeah I spent an age on mission 2. I think my first playthrough (ghost) was about 20 hours in total. Not too shabby for Ł14!
  • arty 23 Sep 2017 20:04:47 250 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I don't want it to end either :(
  • RelaxedMikki 23 Sep 2017 22:21:58 2,145 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I finished the main game for the first time yesterday. Really enjoyed it.

I had been well behaved on the first six missions, and was on low chaos, so figured "screw it, lets go ballistic now". Felt really good to cut loose with the all the powers and equipment for the final run into Dunwall.

Still got the "good" ending, so the low chaos bar must be fairly low.
  • Bichii 29 Sep 2017 12:49:40 102 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    I need to brush up on my skills. Just finished mission 2 on the new dlc and it took me forever.
  • wuntyphyve 12 Oct 2017 13:17:22 9,482 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Mission two of this add-on is well big isn't it? Four hours and counting so far on it alone! Bloody awesome though. Getting settled into the way Lurk's powers work and having a fair amount of fun. There's something wonderfully sadistic about using semblance to just casually walk up to a guard before slitting his throat.

I did start out super stealthy but I view Lurk as someone who is a bit...detached from killing. I'm keeping civvies alive but anyone with a weapon is fair game. Had a lot of fun in the Spector Club and then later on by luring a few guards to a stairwell I had booby-trapped. Body parts everywhere. I tried to tidy up at one stage and I was just chucking heads, torsos, legs etc behind a counter into a big grisly pile.

I did the same with Daud in the first games DLC, my non-killing seems reserved for the main game only.
  • wuntyphyve 12 Oct 2017 13:19:12 9,482 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It also seems to be bringing a bit of a dramatic serial killer streak in me. I killed three gang members who were draining blood from a poor guy next door. So I reversed the flow, knocking them all out, before cutting each of their heads off and placing it on their lap.

It's probably not too healthy is it.
  • Bichii 12 Oct 2017 23:22:30 102 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    @wuntyphyve lol! I did the exact same thing. Weirdo.
  • wuntyphyve 12 Oct 2017 23:32:05 9,482 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Bichii :D
  • Malek86 21 Oct 2017 19:30:39 6,085 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So I'm making my way through this, even though I abandoned the first one some years ago. It really helps that I'm not trying to ghost the entire game this time. It's so much fune when you don't have to quickload for every small mistake.

Anyway, how do I find the Duke's body double? I've roamed the entire house and still couldn't find him. Already got Delilah's soul, so taking care of that is the only thing left to do.
  • MrFlay 21 Oct 2017 19:39:08 3,490 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ghosting should be for a second run through. There are so many options I never explored in the original because I was trying not to kill anyone. In Dishonored 2 I killed hundreds of guards while still maintaining stealth. Brilliant game which probably won't see a sequel.
  • matrim83 21 Oct 2017 19:54:23 5,677 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    TurkeyNeck wrote:
    On mission 3 of DotO and I'm loving it so far.

Though there's one little complaint, and it is that with no chaos system and no trophy for a 'clean hands' run there is absolutely no reason to leave anyone alive. This also makes some of the tools at your disposal completey redundant.

I'm all for the no chaos system but there needs to be a reason for including non-lethal tools otherwise they are pointless. I believe they should have added a 'clean hands' run in the trophy list. Though i guess the Semblance power could give cause to leave people alive for a time.

I'm aware I could just challenge myself and try a clean hands run but it seems slightly pointless when the game doesn't acknowledge it.

Don't get me wrong I'm still having a huge
    amount of fun but with the 'no powers' run also removed along with 'clean hands' thats two of the four playthroughs I enjoyed on D2 removed.

Am i being fussy or does anyone else feel a little bit of replay value has been removed?
    I think the contracts were an underutilized solution to this problem. There is a contract in the second (or third?) mission that requires you to not harm any bank employees. And it made the bank mission a LOT of fun.

I wish they did something like more often.

Malek86 wrote:
    So I'm making my way through this, even though I abandoned the first one some years ago. It really helps that I'm not trying to ghost the entire game this time. It's so much fune when you don't have to quickload for every small mistake.

Anyway, how do I find the Duke's body double? I've roamed the entire house and still couldn't find him. Already got Delilah's soul, so taking care of that is the only thing left to do.
    He is on the top floor of the mansion IIRC.

Edited by matrim83 at 19:56:49 21-10-2017
  • DUFFMAN5 21 Oct 2017 19:54:47 21,803 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    MrFlay wrote:
    Ghosting should be for a second run through. There are so many options I never explored in the original because I was trying not to kill anyone. In Dishonored 2 I killed hundreds of guards while still maintaining stealth. Brilliant game which probably won't see a sequel.
    ...unless you count the sequel DotO...

Ok it's dlc, but it is stand alone ;)
  • MrFlay 21 Oct 2017 20:02:45 3,490 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    MrFlay wrote:
    ...unless you count the sequel DotO...

Ok it's dlc, but it is stand alone ;)
    Yep. I'm surprised they did it. I guess Dishonored 2 did better than Prey.
  • Malek86 21 Oct 2017 22:24:19 6,085 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    MrFlay wrote:
    Yep. I'm surprised they did it. I guess Dishonored 2 did better than Prey.
    They probably reused most of the assets from D2, so it can't have been too big an expense for them.
  • Page

of 29 First / Last

Next

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.